Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864820 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2013
miz Gene: Hi Justwise,good day.
Pls I have a friend who is abt to take a short (3months) post grad course, he already has a 5yr visit visa,does he really need to still get a student visitor visa?

Since he has 5yrs visiting visa he can use that, its a short course anyway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2013
IamJerry: PLEASE JUSTWISE and OTHER FELLOW NAIRALANDERS... I NEED URGENT ADVICE.

I AM GOING TO DUBAI NEXT WEEK AND I WILL SPEND A MONTH but BEFORE I GO, I WANT TO DEPOSIT 600K INTO MY ACCOUNT TO PROCESS "1-MONTH STUDENT VISITOR VISA" SO BEFORE I ARRIVE, IT WILL BE 28-DAYS ALREADY.

PLEASE ADVICE, HOPE 600K IS NOT TOO SMALL FOR A 1-MONTH STUDENT VISA?

NB- I HAVE PAID THE FULL FEE FOR THE PROGRAMM and IT IS 1MONTH PROGRAMM. Thank You

Do your budget and see if N6000K will keep you in the UK, calculate the cost of accommodation, feeding, transportation for one month and see if it will be enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:21am On Jun 01, 2013
know: Oga justwise,I hail o! Appreciate all ur good works.God bless thee.Its d season again.D season of visa applications for d sept intake.Pls,we will need you to shed more light nd educate us on d recent changes introduce to d process.like,the new online application procedure,d newly short interview just introduced,d visa fee,d website to fill d online form etc.It ll be nice if you can just brush tru all dis at once,so it ll be d reference/refferal post for d visa application process for d sept intakes dis year.

Respect!!!

These links will answer all that questions. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IamJerry: 8:37am On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

Do your budget and see if N6000K will keep you in the UK, calculate the cost of accommodation, feeding, transportation for one month and see if it will be enough.

So, you are in-directly saying it is not enough to process the visa?

Okay sir, what about 800k?

I'll book and pay for my 1month accomodation so it is not included in the 800k... Thank You
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2013
IamJerry:

So, you are in-directly saying it is not enough to process the visa?

Okay sir, what about 800k?

I'll book and pay for my 1month accomodation so it is not included in the 800k... Thank You

That is not what i'm saying. You know how much accommodation, food etc will cost you, only when you make the calculation that you will know how much is a enough.

Since you booked and paid for accommodation already then remove it from your estimate and calculate other things you will need in the UK. I don't know if you need course material or if you will have to travel long distance to the school and things like that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 9:43am On Jun 01, 2013
So this question has been on my mind for weeks: I submitted my statement of result and transcript while applying for admission which I got. I've got my CAS and everything and would apply for via by the end of this month. If I use my original certificate while applying for visa, will it affect me since I didn't use it while applying for admission? If I use my statement of result and transcript,how will it be verified? Which one should I use? Must I use a transcript that has cover letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
Ms Dee: So this question has been on my mind for weeks: I submitted my statement of result and transcript while applying for admission which I got. I've got my CAS and everything and would apply for via by the end of this month. If I use my original certificate while applying for visa, will it affect me since I didn't use it while applying for admission? If I use my statement of result and transcript,how will it be verified? Which one should I use? Must I use a transcript that has cover letter?
oga just wise,dharkchild,all of una,abeg help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IamJerry: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

That is not what i'm saying. You know how much accommodation, food etc will cost you, only when you make the calculation that you will know how much is a enough.

Since you booked and paid for accommodation already then remove it from your estimate and calculate other things you will need in the UK. I don't know if you need course material or if you will have to travel long distance to the school and things like that

Oh okay..... I understand you wella now...

I booked the accomodation very near to the Academy and so, I am not taking any bus or taxi...

Secondly, I don't need to pay for any course material again...all paid alongside my course fee.

Thank so very much for your help...GOD BLESS YOU SIR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
@Ms Dee

1. I think it depends on what's stated on your CAS. However, since you have the certificate, I would suggest that you add it to whatever documents you plan to submit (i.e transcript + statement + certificate). In my personal opinion, you can't be denied just because you've submitted an additional document (a certificate).

2. It is not compulsory that you use a transcript with a cover letter. I'm guessing you used the 'student copy' to apply for admission. If this is true, go ahead and use the same to apply for visa. This opinion is based on a friend's experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
FutureDon: @Ms Dee

1. I think it depends on what's stated on your CAS. However, since you have the certificate, I would suggest that you add it to whatever documents you plan to submit (i.e transcript + statement + certificate). In my personal opinion, you can't be denied just because you've submitted an additional document (a certificate)
2. It is not compulsory that you use a transcript with a cover letter. I'm guessing you used the 'student copy' to apply for admission. If this is true, go ahead and use the same to apply for visa. This opinion is based on a friend's experience.
tanx. But the thing is I don't have the certificate yet as its not been long I graduated,I'm not sure it would be issued to me from my school(unizik). Does ukba accept statement of result and transcript? Or must it be my original degree certificate? Remember I used trancript and statement of result while applying for admission...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ms Dee: tanx. But the thing is I don't have the certificate yet as its not been long I graduated,I'm not sure it would be issued to me from my school(unizik). Does ukba accept statement of result and transcript? Or must it be my original degree certificate? Remember I used trancript and statement of result while applying for admission...

Those two will be enough for visa since you used them for the admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

Exactly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

Thanx a zillion,just wise. Ok,cos I was so scared. Will make do with the two. Any other thing I might need? Asin documents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Oga Justwise,thanks for those links U sent.They ll be very helpful.So,it mean I ll av to submit two applicatn forms:d signed printed copy of d online form and d assesment form.One more tin;I saw d exchange rate for d pounds sterling to be N260 on d VFS website.Will dis apply for d conversion of d money on d bank statement we will submit or we will av to rely on d 'Oanda' website for d prevailing exchange rate.

Respect!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
@Ms Dee,which sch did u apply to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
know: Oga Justwise,thanks for those links U sent.They ll be very helpful.So,it mean I ll av to submit two applicatn forms:d signed printed copy of d online form and d assesment form.One more tin;I saw d exchange rate for d pounds sterling to be N260 on d VFS website.Will dis apply for d conversion of d money on d bank statement we will submit or we will av to rely on d 'Oanda' website for d prevailing exchange rate.

Respect!!!

It will apply, they'll use that exchange rate for your bank statement.
If it really matters to you, you can change it to Pounds and use a domiciliary account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
know: @Ms Dee,which sch did u apply to?
University of hertfordshire
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
Awwwwww! I also applied to uni of hertfordshire. Hope to meet you.
Ms Dee:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 6:33am On Jun 02, 2013
nanie89: Awwwwww! I also applied to uni of hertfordshire. Hope to meet you.
Me too.hope ur head is not about to explode like mine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2013
I can't explain how I feel...will try and email you my contact so we can get along. Being looking for someone going to hertfordshire.. Will be applying by then end of june.
Ms Dee:
Me too.hope ur head is not about to explode like mine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2013
Ms Dee:
Thanx a zillion,just wise. Ok,cos I was so scared. Will make do with the two. Any other thing I might need? Asin documents

List what you are submitting first, lets know if there is something missing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2013
know: Oga Justwise,thanks for those links U sent.They ll be very helpful.So,it mean I ll av to submit two applicatn forms:d signed printed copy of d online form and d assesment form.One more tin;I saw d exchange rate for d pounds sterling to be N260 on d VFS website.Will dis apply for d conversion of d money on d bank statement we will submit or we will av to rely on d 'Oanda' website for d prevailing exchange rate.

Respect!!!

spikes C:

It will apply, they'll use that exchange rate for your bank statement.
If it really matters to you, you can change it to Pounds and use a domiciliary account

In addition to what spikes C said already, you need to complete the form online, saved and submit it online AND printout a copy, signed it and take it together with other documents to VFS for submission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2013
justwise:

List what you are submitting first, lets know if there is something missing.
My transcript and statement of result
My waec result(I don't know why I'm submitting this shaa)
My bank statemnt n birth certificate(the statement is my dad's)
Daz all I know oooo. Read something on attestatation of results and all that on former posts.pls advise if there's any other thing I need,do I need to submit the reference letters I used in gaining admission? Or any other thing cos I still don't want to believe just the three I listed above wuld suffice,why den are people denied visas?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2013
Ms Dee:
My transcript and statement of result
My waec result(I don't know why I'm submitting this shaa)
My bank statemnt n birth certificate(the statement is my dad's)
Daz all I know oooo. Read something on attestatation of results and all that on former posts.pls advise if there's any other thing I need,do I need to submit the reference letters I used in gaining admission? Or any other thing cos I still don't want to believe just the three I listed above wuld suffice,why den are people denied visas?

The rule is simple, submit only those documents listed in your CAS.

Then, the bank statement (birth certificate if you are using your parents bank statement)

Reference letter is not needed. You can add your CAS letter but the most important thing in that CAS is the number which you will enter some where in the visa application form.

If you don't believe that those documents are enough then good, you can submit as many documents as you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2013
justwise:

The rule is simple, submit only those documents listed in your CAS.

Then, the bank statement (birth certificate if you are using your parents bank statement)

Reference letter is not needed. You can add your CAS letter but the most important thing in that CAS is the number which you will enter some where in the visa application form.
If you don't believe that those documents are enough then good, you can submit as many documents as you want.
Ok,maybe I'll go with just the three:statement of result,transcript and bank statement(with birth certificate)...
But is it me or something? Everybody says include what was stated on your cas,but my cas simply says:bsc in...den my class of graduation...den my english language has bn assessed and n document required. How does this help me know what documents to include? And lastly,do I need to include anything to make the verification of my results easier as I won't be using original certificate just transcript and statement or result?
Please,house be patient with me. Bp wan kill me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ms Dee:

Mine is University of Northumbria.We will connect anywaz.Let's gets dis Visa process ish over with first.We ll laugh definitely at d end.Amen!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
justwise:

Oga Justwise and Spikes,thanks for d response!

Have been following d whole thread for some time now and I discovered dat people in d past av had to make a print out of d exchange rate on 'Oanda' on d day of their application at VFS to include it as part of d supporting document.

Now,my issue here is dat d N260 to a Pounds on VFS website;is it for d visa fee payment or UKBA will also av to use it or rely on d rates on 'Oanda' as at d time of application for d naira conversion on d bank statement.

Thanks
In addition to what spikes C said already, you need to complete the form online, saved and submit it online AND printout a copy, signed it and take it together with other documents to VFS for submission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HZwriters: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
hi, Please kindly assist me. After paying for my full tuition fees, how much minimum should be in my personal account for visa application. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
HZwriters: hi, Please kindly assist me. After paying for my full tuition fees, how much minimum should be in my personal account for visa application. Thank you

Where's the school located (the campus where you would be studying).

If inner london: (1000 * 9months) + = 9,000
if outside: (800 * 9months) + = 7,200

Errmm... all na pounds o grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by vicade(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
A friend wants to do her masters in d UK to start this september.

She's not so clear about how the maintenance fees.

Can she use her uncles account with the money for tuition and living costs in it for 28 days ? Or must it compulsorily be her own personal account ? She hasn't gotten a CAS number yet though.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
vicade:
Can she use her uncles account with the money for tuition and living costs in it for 28 days ? Or must it compulsorily be her own personal account ? She hasn't gotten a CAS number yet though.

Thanks.

Either personal account of her parents. She can ask her Uncle to transfer the money into her personal account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.