Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864828 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2013
NaijaIhail: @JUSTWISE I hail o!! Like your name, you are too wise... I have confirmed some info about the course and I can tell you that, it is not for international students so I cannot go for it.

On another development, I now search for a similar course and I found it but it 2-weeks "full time course" i.e. From Monday - Friday and from 10.00am - 6.00pm. The full course fee is £995.

So, my question is, is it possible to apply for just 2-weeks visa for a short course even if I pay my full tuition fee and accommodation fee?

Please, what are my chances of getting the visa?

Do you have any helping tips for me

Please, na your eyes I dey look oooooo**

Yes you can apply for student visiting visa for such short course.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2013
justwise:

Yes you can apply for student visiting visa for such short course.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/

Thank you my brother..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Thank you my brother..

All the very best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
it's ideal to apply for just 6 months student visitor visa, then you can always renew for another 6 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
gromen: it's ideal to apply for just 6 months student visitor visa, then you can always renew for another 6 months.

Are you referring to me sir?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hello everyone, pls I wnt to knw if I need to show my accomodation and maintenance money when applying for tier 4 visa cos am thinking of staying with my sister.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
newtral: Hello everyone, pls I wnt to knw if I need to show my accomodation and maintenance money when applying for tier 4 visa cos am thinking of staying with my sister.

Nope, u dont need to show accomodation but you must show maintenance and 1 year fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tnks but do I need to get a confirmation of accomodation from my sister.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
newtral: Tnks but do I need to get a confirmation of accomodation from my sister.

No, your upkeep money covers it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have got a problem I hope I may get some help for you guys. Anyways my visa is under process at British high commission and my course is going to start.

As my agent told me its going to take about 8-10 working days and even the VFS global service available in my city even informed me that its going to take 8-10 days. When 10 working days where completed I took the email from google and email them and their reply was its going to take 12-14 days and if you were in hurry you have used the fast service. First of I dont know that there was a fast track available and I asked them why did you told me its going to take 8-10 days I have done something before and their reply was we cant do anything its not our mistake the embassy changed the duration.

All I want to know is will my visa be rejected as my course is starting by monday and 14th day is even on monday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotcomnamename: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
justwise:

I have read the rules and its pretty much a straight forward issue, can he show proof of 3,000 Euros in his account when he arrive in Ireland?

Yes definitely
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 6:18am On Jun 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have got a problem I hope I may get some help for you guys. Anyways my visa is under process at British high commission and my course is going to start.

As my agent told me its going to take about 8-10 working days and even the VFS global service available in my city even informed me that its going to take 8-10 days. When 10 working days where completed I took the email from google and email them and their reply was its going to take 12-14 days and if you were in hurry you have used the fast service. First of I dont know that there was a fast track available and I asked them why did you told me its going to take 8-10 days I have done something before and their reply was we cant do anything its not our mistake the embassy changed the duration.

All I want to know is will my visa be rejected as my course is starting by monday and 14th day is even on monday?
Plz help me by giving me advice and I even posted yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Hello everyone,

Plz help me by giving me advice and I even posted yesterday

That does not mean that your visa application will be refused or issued, you just have to wait for the outcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thank you Justin,one last question how long it will take to get the once CAS is even used?
But the university have given me 2weeks more but hope visa wont be rejected
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Thank you Justin,one last question how long it will take to get the once CAS is even used?
But the university have given me 2weeks more but hope visa wont be rejected

It could take up to 20 working days, this is roughly a month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Are you referring to me sir?

Yes I was advising on your interest to apply for a student visitor visa to the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2013
gromen:

Yes I was advising on your interest to apply for a student visitor visa to the UK

Yes!!!! Am definitely applying for student visitor visa but my course is just 2weeks course so I don't know if I can apply for a 6-month student visitor visa since my course is just 2weeks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Fine , normally you should get it for six months anyway even if it is a 2 weeks course. But is this programme a professional one? let me know more about it and the school. I am here in the UK and can help you with any other info you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Yes!!!! Am definitely applying for student visitor visa but my course is just 2weeks course so I don't know if I can apply for a 6-month student visitor visa since my course is just 2weeks...

Fine , normally you should get it for six months anyway even if it is a 2 weeks course. But is this programme a professional one? let me know more about it and the school. I am here in the UK and can help you with any other info you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
gromen:

Okay thanks bro! I will be more than happy if you can help me...its a professional "intensive course". The course will last for 2weeks full time...starting from 10.00am to 6.00pm.

Please, can I still apply for 6months visa? Won't they deny me the visa for the reason that my course is just a 2weeks course and expected to return immediately after I finish my programme?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fellow(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
justwise: @All

Please get familiar with UKBA guidance note, the maintenance money for schools outside London has changed. Its now 800 pounds per month for upto 9months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

@justwise

Thanks for the info. I read through and its £800 for a maximum of 9months which still makes it £7200 outside London.

Is there an expedited student visa process at naija consulate? Will I be the one to request for it?

@all
Has anyone applied recently? Can u share your experience as regards the interview process?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
fellow:

@justwise

Thanks for the info. I read through and its £800 for a maximum of 9months which still makes it £7200 outside London.

Is there an expedited student visa process at naija consulate? Will I be the one to request for it?

@all
Has anyone applied recently? Can u share your experience as regards the interview process?

Thanks

Yes you are right, i got that mixed up.

Interview is all about your course, finance and what you plan to do after study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olamilec(m): 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
Please @Justwise and others in the house I need your candid advise.
Am a young Nigeria Police Constable precisely 26 and I just finished OND but the result is not yet out though I have attended different courses (Computer Studies which I came first, First batch of trained counter terrorist which I also emerged as best shooter and Explosive Ordinance Device expert) though I don't intend to stay with them for long just for working experience but now my brother want to sponsor me to study cyber security and computer forensic science in Kingston University. Can I use my NECO result to apply, what other things will I need and will july ending be too late to apply cause I haven't deposited the maintenance fees in my account or I should wait till next year?
Kingston University (cyber security and computer forensic)
Leeds Metropolitan University (Computer Forensic Science)
Birminghan City University
(Computer Forensics)
Middlesex University London
(Computer Forensics)
Can anybody give me more information about those universities cause my brother want me to stay in London and did they all require english test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
Do the VFS global accept couriers?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Olamilec: Please @Justwise and others in the house I need your candid advise.
Am a young Nigeria Police Constable precisely 26 and I just finished OND but the result is not yet out though I have attended different courses (Computer Studies which I came first, First batch of trained counter terrorist which I also emerged as best shooter and Explosive Ordinance Device expert) though I don't intend to stay with them for long just for working experience but now my brother want to sponsor me to study cyber security and computer forensic science in Kingston University. Can I use my NECO result to apply, what other things will I need and will july ending be too late to apply cause I haven't deposited the maintenance fees in my account or I should wait till next year?
(Computer Forensics)
(Computer Forensics)
Can anybody give me more information about those universities cause my brother want me to stay in London and did they all require english test?
Please my advice is to take a study leave from your work do not retire or go on AWOL. Regarding the schools what do u you require exactly, Kingston University is the one for me if you are looking for a University in London. It is outside London but just about half an hour via bus from clapham the rest will take you more journey time from london. Do you have offer already? if not I can help you get the offer letter. NECO is valid in the UK(UK NARIC). Schools vary with the English test some make it compulsory while others tell you they are happy with your current state of English qualification which may be WAEC or NECO some interview you via skype while others take you to do their own English course when you arrive. For me to help with your offer letter(admissions) you can send your documents from WAEC or NECO

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Okay thanks bro! I will be more than happy if you can help me...its a professional "intensive course". The course will last for 2weeks full time...starting from 10.00am to 6.00pm.

Please, can I still apply for 6months visa? Won't they deny me the visa for the reason that my course is just a 2weeks course and expected to return immediately after I finish my programme?

You have not mentioned the courseoooo ,you only said intensive course which school is that you need to confirm the school from ukba too. your course must not be up to six weeks even if it it is for less you will still get six months visa. Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
gromen:

You have not mentioned the courseoooo ,you only said intensive course which school is that you need to confirm the school from ukba too. your course must not be up to six weeks even if it it is for less you will still get six months visa. Goodluck

Abeg no vex Oga Gromen.... The school is London Film Academy and I am going there for the 2-weeks filmmaking foundation. Am a scriptwriter so I wish to make my films myself.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olamilec(m): 7:38am On Jun 19, 2013
gromen:
Please my advice is to take a study leave from your work do not retire or go on AWOL. Regarding the schools what do u you require exactly, Kingston University is the one for me if you are looking for a University in London. It is outside London but just about half an hour via bus from clapham the rest will take you more journey time from london. Do you have offer already? if not I can help you get the offer letter. NECO is valid in the UK(UK NARIC). Schools vary with the English test some make it compulsory while others tell you they are happy with your current state of English qualification which may be WAEC or NECO some interview you via skype while others take you to do their own English course when you arrive. For me to help with your offer letter(admissions) you can send your documents from WAEC or NECO
@gromen Ŧђɑ̤̈пk U̶̲̥̅̊ very much sir I really appreciate you and G̲̣̣̣̥​ø̲̣̣̥​ƌ̲̣̣̣̥​ W̶̲̥̅ι̥ℓℓ continue to bless U̶̲̥̅̊ more and more. I will get a study leave from office and I think it may be an advantage for me in my visa interview to show that I still have tie to my country. DELETED I will appreciate if you can email me so we can have some more discussions. Did I have to put the remaining of my tuition fees including my maintenance fees in my account for the 28days or only the £9000?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Olamilec: Please @Justwise and others in the house I need your candid advise.
(Computer Forensics)
(Computer Forensics)

Applying end of July is not bad at all, since you want to stay in London then go for Kingston university.

NECO will be accepted and the admission process is very easy, something you can do easily online within hr
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2013
Olamilec: @gromen Ŧђɑ̤̈пk U̶̲̥̅̊ very much sir I really appreciate you and G̲̣̣̣̥​ø̲̣̣̥​ƌ̲̣̣̣̥​ W̶̲̥̅ι̥ℓℓ continue to bless U̶̲̥̅̊ more and more. I will get a study leave from office and I think it may be an advantage for me in my visa interview to show that I still have tie to my country. DELETED I will appreciate if you can email me so we can have some more discussions. Did I have to put the remaining of my tuition fees including my maintenance fees in my account for the 28days or only the £9000?

Yes that is exactly what you need to do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2013
gromen:

There is no need for that, this is what he can do on his own online within an hr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.