Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864833 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Do the VFS global accept couriers?

You want to send document to them?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
Olamilec: @gromen Ŧђɑ̤̈пk U̶̲̥̅̊ very much sir I really appreciate you and G̲̣̣̣̥​ø̲̣̣̥​ƌ̲̣̣̣̥​ W̶̲̥̅ι̥ℓℓ continue to bless U̶̲̥̅̊ more and more. I will get a study leave from office and I think it may be an advantage for me in my visa interview to show that I still have tie to my country. DELETED I will appreciate if you can email me so we can have some more discussions. Did I have to put the remaining of my tuition fees including my maintenance fees in my account for the 28days or only the £9000?
No you need to show £7200(800*9 months) Kingston is regarded as outside London so you show that plus any outstanding fees for 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
@JUSTWISE...abeg bro! If you read my previous conversation with @GROMEN, you will notice that he said, I will be given 6-months student visitor visa or that I can apply for 6-month student visitor visa even though my course is for just 2-weeks.

I don't doubt him though but I want to ask more about it before I apply so I don't deny myself the visa. Can I apply for 6-months or even 3-months student visitor visa when my course will run just for 2-weeks?

Right now, I have #700k in my account and it will be 28days soon and I have paid full tuition of £995 now for my course and 1-month accommodation on Monday. Before he came up with this suggestion, I plan to apply for 1month student visitor visa.

PLEASE "JUSTWISE", kindly advise me....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
NaijaIhail: @JUSTWISE...abeg bro! If you read my previous conversation with @GROMEN, you will notice that he said, I will be given 6-months student visitor visa or that I can apply for 6-month student visitor visa even though my course is for just 2-weeks.

I don't doubt him though but I want to ask more about it before I apply so I don't deny myself the visa. Can I apply for 6-months or even 3-months student visitor visa when my course will run just for 2-weeks?

Right now, I have #700k in my account and it will be 28days soon and I have paid full tuition of £995 now for my course and 1-month accommodation on Monday. Before he came up with this suggestion, I plan to apply for 1month student visitor visa.

PLEASE "JUSTWISE", kindly advise me....

Since your course is 2weeks they will give you visa that will last the duration of your course PLUS one month, so if i were you i will apply for 2months visa, they can decide to give you 3months, but applying for 6months does not make sense.

Use this link to read more about student visitor visa http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
justwise:

Since your course is 2weeks they will give you visa that will last the duration of your course PLUS one month, so if i were you i will apply for 2months visa, they can decide to give you 3months, but applying for 6months does not make sense.

Use this link to read more about student visitor visa http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/

Wow thanks.... So, I will apply for 2months visa...thank you boss!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olamilec(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
justwise:

Applying end of July is not bad at all, since you want to stay in London then go for Kingston university.

NECO will be accepted and the admission process is very easy, something you can do easily online within hr
@justwise @gromen and others is it compulsory I pass my application through UCAS because when I want to kingston university online they don't have online application except to apply through UCAS and is there any universities in London I can apply to with ease?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Olamilec: @justwise @gromen and others is it compulsory I pass my application through UCAS because when I want to kingston university online they don't have online application except to apply through UCAS and is there any universities in London I can apply to with ease?

Send them a mail and ask them...most times, they do accept direct applications, but won't say so on there website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olamilec(m): 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
spikes C:

Send them a mail and ask them...most times, they do accept direct applications, but won't say so on there website
Ŧђɑ̤̈пk U̶̲̥̅̊ very much sir, I will do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gromen(m): 12:14am On Jun 20, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Wow thanks.... So, I will apply for 2months visa...thank you boss!

It is fine to apply for the duration of your course but you will be given 6 months anyway irrespective of you course duration as far as it is less than or upto six months.
If your course is for six months or less, you can apply for a Student Visitor visa. This will
allow you to study and travel in the UK for up to six months regardless of the length of
your course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 5:49am On Jun 20, 2013
gromen:

It is fine to apply for the duration of your course but you will be given 6 months anyway irrespective of you course duration as far as it is less than or upto six months.
If your course is for six months or less, you can apply for a Student Visitor visa. This will
allow you to study and travel in the UK for up to six months regardless of the length of
your course

Your points are helpful my brother.... I will apply for 2months visa so, if they give me 6months visa, I will be grateful and if its 2months or 3months, I will also be grateful. What's important is that I am given the visa.....

Thank you my people...* You are all wonderful people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2013
Good day people,my 28 days maintenance got completed yesterday and I made a transaction today to show my closing balance. I want to print the statement tomorrow and apply on monday the 24th of june. Hope that is okay for september start? Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
nanie89: Good day people,my 28 days maintenance got completed yesterday and I made a transaction today to show my closing balance. I want to print the statement tomorrow and apply on monday the 24th of june. Hope that is okay for september start? Thanks a lot.
Its okay for u to apply. Just make sure u've dotted ur I's n crossed ur t's. Goodluck. We'll share our testimony like those of last year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Crossed t's n dotted I's meaning?
Ms Dee:
Its okay for u to apply. Just make sure u've dotted ur I's n crossed ur t's. Goodluck. We'll share our testimony like those of last year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=nanie89]Crossed t's n dotted I's meaning?[/quote
Just make sure everything is complete. Don't leave anything unturned. What course are u going for in hertfordshire?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
Law[quote author=Ms Dee][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by master007: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Goodmorning house and justwise and all the wise guys in the house. Please I need advice and guidance for my student Tier 4 visa application. I have been given admission John moores University Liverpoool for a 10months course. The course is £5400 but the school only require deposit of £1200 for international student before issuing CAS Number. I even tried too convince them to collect the full fees but they said they would only collect the full fees during enrolment which is by august since the class starts september. Hope dat is not problem during my visa application by july and also do I need to book an accommodation in advance before submitting my application to VFS centre?
I also want to enquire if I need to fill in the application that I have onces been rejected visa to holland on my former passport in year 2008 and also I have travelled to Singapore and India with that same passport before it expired for different proffessional courses. Please should I also include all the certificates in my visa application? Please what is the website to apply for student tier 4 visa and do I have to print each pages of the form as I am fillingg it online.
Please Wise men in the house take time to reply each of my question.
1. Deposit of only £1200 acceptable by school
2. Do I need to book an accomodation before going to vfs centre
3. Should I indicate my expired passport which I have been refused netherland visa in year 2008 but als have travelled to singapore and India on that passport?
4. Should I include my foriegn proffessional certificates
5. My company is giving me a study leave letter for the course but I have only spent one year plus with the company.
6. student tier 4 visa application website and do I need to print each page of the application form as I am filling them?
Thanks house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by master007: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2013
Goodmorning house and justwise and all the wise guys in the house. Please I need advice and guidance for my student Tier 4 visa application. I have been given admission John moores University Liverpoool for a 10months course. The course is £5400 but the school only require deposit of £1200 for international student before issuing CAS Number. I even tried too convince them to collect the full fees but they said they would only collect the full fees during enrolment which is by august since the class starts september. Hope dat is not problem during my visa application by july and also do I need to book an accommodation in advance before submitting my application to VFS centre?
I also want to enquire if I need to fill in the application that I have onces been rejected visa to holland on my former passport in year 2008 and also I have travelled to Singapore and India with that same passport before it expired for different proffessional courses. Please should I also include all the certificates in my visa application? Please what is the website to apply for student tier 4 visa and do I have to print each pages of the form as I am fillingg it online.
3. Should I indicate my expired passport which I have been refused netherland visa in year 2008 but als have travelled to singapore and India on that passport?
5. My company is giving me a study leave letter for the course but I have only spent one year plus with the company.
6. student tier 4 visa application website and do I need to print each page of the application form as I am filling them?
Thanks house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
just wise pls I have a question I just secured a scholarship for my masters programme in united kingdom from my university ( I am an academic staff in the university) I have the scholarship letter and the uk university has also sent me my CAS my question is how do I go about applying for visa and is it possible to apply for visa with the scholarship letter and letter of introduction to the British embassy. your swift response will be appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
masperano: just wise pls I have a question I just secured a scholarship for my masters programme in united kingdom from my university ( I am an academic staff in the university) I have the scholarship letter and the uk university has also sent me my CAS my question is how do I go about applying for visa and is it possible to apply for visa with the scholarship letter and letter of introduction to the British embassy. your swift response will be appreciated

Yes you can, read about using scholarship here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf point 174

If you have more question after reading that then ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
nanie89:

@lala01 Thank God for you.. Please I have almost same situation,would like to find out if you attached an affidavit stating that the certificates and account are yours and letter from the bank. Thank you so much
[color=#000099][/color]

My advice to all those, who have their names omitted or Abbreviated on one document or the other (eg) Akintayo on a document and Tayo on another. Is:

1) Goto high court and swear "affidavit of confirmation of names"
2) You can explain and include the ommitted/abbreviated name.
On your personal details form, part 7.1 where you have additional information.

Affidavit cost about 1k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 12:03am On Jun 22, 2013
I was here last year to make enquiry about fast track for a friend. You guys were so helpful! Thanks!

Am back again, this time on behalf on my sister.
She is a low-risk applicant, and needs help in filling two questions in the tier 4 (general) student. Question (6.8 and part 7)

1) Are all the application forms now online or is it just the personal details form?
2) Most she book interview online before going to submit her application or she 'll just be interviewed since its student visa?
3) How many photocopies
of each document should she make.
4) Any need to submit a copy of CAS.

Thanks in advance...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

well yes i want to send it to the UKBA but VFS global are not ready to do so, then I send them through couriers.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Dear Sir,

well yes i want to send it to the UKBA but VFS global are not ready to do so, then I send them through couriers.

Thank you

What document do you want too send?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2013
In saudi arabia riyadh is where visa is processed and I have to say this is the best place to get information for uk visas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2013
I need to send them printed emails saying that the university have given me extra time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2013
Muhammad Javed: I need to send them printed emails saying that the university have given me extra time

Why not email it directly to UK embassy? Or call the embassy to know if your visa is out?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by master007: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
justwise:

Why not email it directly to UK embassy? Or call the embassy to know if your visa is out?

But how can I do this and please let me know as soon as possible, you can really help me out
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
Muhammad Javed:

But how can I do this and please let me know as soon as possible, you can really help me out
Thank you

You can call or email them Email Consular.Riyadh@fco.gov.uk

Telephone +966 (0) 11 4819 100
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
Thank you very much
I have already email to that person but he was out of office that time and I call on this number soon but why its taking such long time I mean today is the 22 and I have applied last month means 28 of May. I really appreciate your help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Thank you very much
I have already email to that person but he was out of office that time and I call on this number soon but why its taking such long time I mean today is the 22 and I have applied last month means 28 of May. I really appreciate your help

They don't open on weekends, call or email them on Monday from 10am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
Alright but overhere weekends means on Saturday and Sunday in Saudi.
But according to the guidance for time on websites it shoes it takes only 10 working days mine is like 18th working day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.