Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864118 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi Justwise,

Please see below the reply i got from Doncaster college. Please tell me what you think i need your advice please.

If Bradford College agree, you can enrol at Doncaster College as supplementary study without needing another CAS. The condition on this is that you must continue to attend Bradford College and your study here must not interfere with you study at Bradford as they are your sponsor.

If they sponsor you all the way until when your current leave is due to end then you could study with us without the need for a visa extension because your course will end with us at the end of June.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
princessmoi: Hi Justwise,

Please see below the reply i got from Doncaster college. Please tell me what you think i need your advice please.

If Bradford College agree, you can enrol at Doncaster College as supplementary study without needing another CAS. The condition on this is that you must continue to attend Bradford College and your study here must not interfere with you study at Bradford as they are your sponsor.

If they sponsor you all the way until when your current leave is due to end then you could study with us without the need for a visa extension because your course will end with us at the end of June.

Bradford college or Bradford regional college?

Their reasoning is right though but it has to be on part time until your course with Bradford regional colleges finishes and you make it full time.

Reply them and clarify if its on part time bases.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Bradford college or Bradford regional college?

Their reasoning is right though but it has to be on part time until your course with Bradford regional colleges finishes and you make it full time.

Reply them and clarify if its on part time bases.

Its Bradford Regional College, i guess it was a mistake on their part.

Alright let me send them an email and find out. I just sent them an email asking if it is possible for both schools to have an agreement that i could leave my current school and join Doncaster.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
constance234:

thank you i am very grateful,i will send a mail to them immediately requesting this option,its the University of greenwich.
i will update you when i get a reply from them.

Am also heading to greenwich lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Justwise , please see below the reply i got from them.

''Our course would still be full time, so you would have to study both courses simultaneously, making sure you attended and studied both''.

''If you decide to leave, Bradford will stop sponsoring you and you will get a letter from the Home Office stating that you leave will be curtailed.

You would need to make sure that your address details are up to date with the Home Office so that you received that letter.

You could then apply to study at Doncaster College and it would be a visa extension application''.

Please advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by larrypha(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
agates: Hi everyone. Please who submitted in abuja recently. What is the response time like? I submitted on the 21st of July and no response yet.

Submitted 16th of July. i got the "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued..." mail on the 25th of July and my status on the ukvac-ng.com just changed to "Your application is ready for collection. please visit the UK visa for ..." some hours ago. Will go for it tomorrow.

All da best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

Am also heading to greenwich lipsrsealed

really,so how did you go about your language test....i guess your visa is ready or you applied already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
princessmoi: Justwise , please see below the reply i got from them.

''Our course would still be full time, so you would have to study both courses simultaneously, making sure you attended and studied both''.

''If you decide to leave, Bradford will stop sponsoring you and you will get a letter from the Home Office stating that you leave will be curtailed.

You would need to make sure that your address details are up to date with the Home Office so that you received that letter.

You could then apply to study at Doncaster College and it would be a visa extension application''.

Please advice.

Its impossible to do both full time, Doncaster college is trying to cover their own side to avoid getting in trouble with UKBA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
constance234:

really,so how did you go about your language test....i guess your visa is ready or you applied already.

i used waec.

I have applied, waiting for them now cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Its impossible to do both full time, Doncaster college is trying to cover their own side to avoid getting in trouble with UKBA.

My thoughts exactly. What would you advice I do now? Am confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

i used waec.

lucky you,hope they come back with an alternative for me i dont have the time to write that exam also its extra expenses for me.
see you over there smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
princessmoi:

My thoughts exactly. What would you advice I do now? Am confused.

Look for school doing Jan admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Look for school doing Jan admission.

Alright, I will. Thank you so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

i used waec.

Hi SpikesC, i have been able to pay for the app online using the same card that got declined initially. Though I had to create a new application and had all info of the card correct this time. Thanks for your help I appreciate. Any update on ur application yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi please can I apply for uk student visa in abuja or I have to travel to lagos.'M trying to get info uk student visa.will be glad if someone can respond thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
lovelydamsel: Hi please can I apply for uk student visa in abuja or I have to travel to lagos.'M trying to get info uk student visa.will be glad if someone can respond thank you

from what i have read up here and heard Abuja is the best so apply in Abuja becuase all application from lagos i think are also moved to Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
constance234:

from what i have read up here and heard Abuja is the best so apply in Abuja becuase all application from lagos i think are also moved to Abuja

Yayy!!! Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
Please I have a few questions where do I get the official exchange rate of the day, in view of visa application

If i pay my accommodation fee to the school will it be part of the £7200 for.maintenance.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Please I have a few questions where do I get the official exchange rate of the day, in view of visa application

If i pay my accommodation fee to the school will it be part of the £7200 for.maintenance.?

Use http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Yes accommodation deposit will be part of £7380 but you can't deposit more than £1,020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Am I to deposit this money in my savings account?
Am I required to open a domiciliary account and deposit in pounds?

How much and where can I test for tuberculosis in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Use http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Yes accommodation deposit will be part of £7380 but you can't deposit more than £1,020

Thank you wise one please can you help me with the other questions?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Am I to deposit this money in my savings account?
Am I required to open a domiciliary account and deposit in pounds?

How much and where can I test for tuberculosis in Lagos?

Yes you can deposit it in your savings or current account for just 28days before applying for visa

If you read 2-3 pages back you will get all the info about TB centre and cost
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
larrypha:

Submitted 16th of July. i got the "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued..." mail on the 25th of July and my status on the ukvac-ng.com just changed to "Your application is ready for collection. please visit the UK visa for ..." some hours ago. Will go for it tomorrow.

All da best

Hmmm. The anxiety is killing. Can't wait for it to be over.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
constance234:

lucky you,hope they come back with an alternative for me i dont have the time to write that exam also its extra expenses for me.
see you over there smiley

Don't worry, they would.

Will be looking forward to it wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Itstyme:

Hi SpikesC, i have been able to pay for the app online using the same card that got declined initially. Though I had to create a new application and had all info of the card correct this time. Thanks for your help I appreciate. Any update on ur application yet?

That's good.
I still dey wait ooo.

I sent teleperformance an email today but they havn't replied. Right now am beginning to regret submitting at their center
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

That's good.
I still dey wait oo

I sent teleperformance an email today but they havn't replied. Right now am beginning to regret submitting at their center

Hmm! I can imagine how u feel but I want to believe it will be out in no time. I don't know if they still call applicants via the phone. Were u called at all after the interview? They used to do this years back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
sashacoleman: ...

Hi sasha, when you went to Teleperformance what did they say?
Did you also contact Sheffield with the email i gave you? Any reply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Itstyme:

Hmm! I can imagine how u feel but I want to believe it will be out in no time. I don't know if they still call applicants via the phone. Were u called at all after the interview? They used to do this years back

They might still be doing it, but i wasn't contacted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by larrypha(f): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
agates:
Hmmm. The anxiety is killing. Can't wait for it to be over.
totally understand. Was tempted to rush down there today to get my package. Lol *covers face

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

Don't worry, they would.

Will be looking forward to it wink

Thanks,i appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2014
spikesC:

Hi sasha, when you went to Teleperformance what did they say?
Did you also contact Sheffield with the email i gave you? Any reply?

They said that it's not ready, I contacted Sheffield, still have not heard back from them. Still waiting...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Brownmachiatto: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Hi there, i'd like to ask sth about the visa tier 4 application:
My cousin is applying for the tier 4 visa and today he's having his interview.
However for the birth certificate bit, the original one was taken accidentally to the bank's safety box when the bank is still closed and will reopen next Monday (I am currently in Indonesia and they are celebrating Eid). So what's with him now is the legalised birth certificate from the notary.

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem, will the application be rejected or will the embassy request us again to supply the original birth certificate?
Thank you very much in advance and I hope you all are having a nice day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.