Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865303 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GlobalCareers: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2014
@souljaboi51 and justwise

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Chaze85: Guys i hav a question,can i book for appointment o the day I'm going to take result for tb test?i just want to take the risk

You can, I did that yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2014
cookies:

And submitted my application successfully! At Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Good day All,

I am worried here.I got a confirmatory mail last wee friday saying my visa has been issued.Up till now my documents have not gotten to me.I have put into consideration the public holiday Monday and Tuesday...This is friday already.

Should I be worrued...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2014
beautyuche: Good day All,

I am worried here.I got a confirmatory mail last wee friday saying my visa has been issued.Up till now my documents have not gotten to me.I have put into consideration the public holiday Monday and Tuesday...This is friday already.

Should I be worried...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Justwise....!!! I just saw, on the ukba website that my current school is not there sad what does it mean?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guys I'm going to pay my online application on dis coming thurs and I'm planning to book for appointment for august 12 however my result for tb test will be out on d same day,I'm just taking the risk,but is it possible i can make it to my appointment without delay from getting my result of tb test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
cookies:

Did did they delay u,what time did u book for your appointment in embassy?so I can do same
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chaze85: Guys I'm going to pay my online application on dis coming thurs and I'm planning to book for appointment for august 12 however my result for tb test will be out on d same day,I'm just taking the risk,but is it possible i can make it to my appointment without delay from getting my result of tb test?

Well for me, I did the TB test on Monday....after 5pm, I was booked for 8am o, but got there at 12noon
Collected the result the next morning at 9.....then went to the embassy for 1pm appointment

The same day thing can only work if you are tested in the morning...infact it should have a low success rate
The two methods are risky and a tad presumptive (like what says the test is normal?)...
But mine is still better than @ cookies' way

Well good luck with any one you do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
princessmoi: Justwise....!!! I just saw, on the ukba website that my current school is not there sad what does it mean?

Contact your school and UKBA to find out if they have been suspended.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
justwise:

Okay, will do. On which number can i contact the home office?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
princessmoi:

Okay, will do. On which number can i contact the home office?

See this link http://www.ukcontactnumber.org/uk-border-agency-contact-number/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Justwise,

I just spoke to the school, they sais the college has been suspended (they received the letter today) due to past students that were enroled at the school with toeic English test results. They are trying to make an appeal and hopeefully go to court, and that we should wait for a reply from them. sadJustwise,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
I desperately need your advice on what to do Justwise, please.

Is it posibble for me to join Doncaster college this September? What do i do?

Please advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
princessmoi: I desperately need your advice on what to do Justwise, please.

Is it posibble for me to join Doncaster college this September? What do i do?

Please advice.

You need to have a chat with your school and see if you will be allowed to terminate your admission and join Doncaster.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
beautyuche: Good day All,

Should I be worrued...

I'm assuming you used courrier with the tone of your message. If that's the case, track it with the number given to you when you made application.; you may need to visit the courrier office in your city where the package landed. If you didn't use courrier, then you may just have to wait till Monday to visit the VFS centre where application was made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
justwise:

You need to have a chat with your school and see if you will be allowed to terminate your admission and join Doncaster.

Okay if they agree, do they need to provide me with any letter? Will I still get my certificate from them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
DonOms:

Do the documents have seals? If not, then the lamination is fine and won't be a problem. But if seals are on the documents, I'm not sure whether they are acceptable or not. Someone else who knows will have to verify that.

Thanks a lot Don, I tried removing the document from lamination but I messed my Unilag certificate. The seal came off , so I quickly ran to Unilag. Fortunately , they attended to me well . They collected the bad seal from me, shredded it, and put another one on it. I was scared though.

Now @justwise and others , pls do I need to notify British embassy about this correction as the seal kind of shows a little at the back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
So, after 3weeks plus, i contacted ukvi themselves to ask for the status of my application, and they replied. An excerpt from the reply

We understand that you would like to know
about the status of your
application to come to the UK.
I have tracked the status of your application
and found that it is waiting
to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer.
We will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during
the consideration of your
application.

Waiting to be accessed shocked embarassed

for those who applied at VI, you can ask for the status of your application here. Email contact is free and quit fast, i asked today and got a reply within hours. Phone call contact is premium and instant.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
princessmoi:

Okay if they agree, do they need to provide me with any letter? Will I still get my certificate from them?

Those are questions you will need to ask them, you have to find out what the cancellation entails.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
tobee:

Thanks a lot Don, I tried removing the document from lamination but I messed my Unilag certificate. The seal came off , so I quickly ran to Unilag. Fortunately , they attended to me well . They collected the bad seal from me, shredded it, and put another one on it. I was scared though.

Now @justwise and others , pls do I need to notify British embassy about this correction as the seal kind of shows a little at the back.

If that has been corrected by them then i don't see the need to contact British embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
spikesC: So, after 3weeks plus, i contacted ukvi themselves to ask for the status of my application, and they replied. An excerpt from the reply

about the status of your
application.

for those who applied at VI, you can ask for the status of your application here. Email contact is free and quit fast, i asked today and got a reply within hours. Phone call contact is premium and instant.

That is crazy!!...Since 7th of July?..that is more than 15 working days!.. now i am panicking... chai!!..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
DonOms:

I'm assuming you used courrier with the tone of your message. If that's the case, track it with the number given to you when you made application.; you may need to visit the courrier office in your city where the package landed. If you didn't use courrier, then you may just have to wait till Monday to visit the VFS centre where application was made.

Yes I did use d courier service and hoping it arrives my house but nothing yet.Thanks for your advice I may have to visit their office here in ph.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
DonOms:

I have used the ups tracking number but I keeps seeing "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later" This is why i am worried sick
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
spikesC: So, after 3weeks plus, i contacted ukvi themselves to ask for the status of my application, and they replied. An excerpt from the reply

about the status of your
application.

Your own is even better, this is what I was told

Dear .....

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

Unfortunately, I am unable to track this application myself. However, your
query was escalated to the relevant department on the 21/07/2014 and
someone will contact you as soon as possible regarding this.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Fair
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Abeg tell me, where am I suppose to start from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
justwise:

If that has been corrected by them then i don't see the need to contact British embassy.

Thanks Justwise, let me keep my cool.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
sashacoleman:

Your own is even better, this is what I was told

Dear .....

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

Unfortunately, I am unable to track this application myself. However, your
query was escalated to the relevant department on the 21/07/2014 and
someone will contact you as soon as possible regarding this.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Fair
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Abeg tell me, where am I suppose to start from?

ouch. Na wa ooo

I think Teleperformance must have had organisational problems. Probably mismanagement of application packages.
That's why they sent emails by mistake on 10th july for people to come and collect their packages.

Hope this get fixed as soon as possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi Justwise,

I called the home office and it is not on the ukba website, meaning its been suspended and will be under investigations and this might take long.

I made some enquiries too and was told I could go ahead and enroll with the new school I got admission and apply for a tier 4 visa with the new CAS without needing a letter from my school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chaze85:
Did did they delay u,what time did u book for your appointment in embassy?so I can do same

I did a TB test on Wednesday morning (8am) booked a visa appointment for the next day Thursday (12pm) Though I booked it a week earlier. Wednesday at 10am I went & picked up the tb certificate & went for my visa appointment at 12noon no delay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
cookies:
I did a TB test on Wednesday morning (8am) booked a visa appointment for the next day Thursday (12pm) Though I booked it a week earlier. Thursday at 10am I went & picked up the tb certificate & went for my visa appointment at 12noon no delay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
justwise:
justwise:

Justwise Please I have paid my full tuition and I ve just £5500 for maintenance fee at d moment, it's 6weeks to resumption alrdy, dono where I can gt d balance from, do u think I can apply like dat or wat can I do please?? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.