Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864624 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: It took me back to the same page that is showing my registration is unsuccessful. Still did not work.

At what stage do you get that message?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: It took me back to the same page that is showing my registration is unsuccessful. Still did not work.

I just logged in now. Clear your browser cache and copy the full link below

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
After I filled the registration form and click on the 'register' button. It tells me that my registration is unsuccessful and I should contact an email addy that was put there.

justwise:

At what stage do you get that message?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: After I filled the registration form and click on the 'register' button. It tells me that my registration is unsuccessful and I should contact an email addy that was put there.

Did you try that to know if its a technical issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: After I filled the registration form and click on the 'register' button. It tells me that my registration is unsuccessful and I should contact an email addy that was put there.

Then it's definitely a system error.
They are even scheduled for maintenance tomorrow from 9am to 4pm

Just send an email to them, notifying them of the error. Then check back tomorrow evening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
I already sent an email to them. I really wanted to do it today but thanks anyway, I will give an update of what happens by friday.

thank you!

spikesC:

Then it's definitely a system error.
They are even scheduled for maintenance tomorrow from 9am to 4pm

Just send an email to them, notifying them of the error. Then check back tomorrow evening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: Please can I get a reply? Someone, anyone

Have u tried registering before with the same email? If yes it ll be unsuccessful. Try use another email to register.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muami(m): 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: Goodevening everyone. The information I have gathered here has been extremely useful I must confess and I wish to appreciate everyone's meaningful contribution especially Mr.Justwise. I am having a little issue though. I just tried registering on the UK website so that I can apply for my Visa and book an appointment date. It keeps telling me that my registration is unsuccessful. I don't know what the problem is. Could it be that the website is up only during working hours?
Please a reply will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

It could be that your email has been registered before with the system. I had a similar issue in the past. Try to register with another email address ( if you have another).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 5:04am On Aug 06, 2014
Oh wow, bless! I used my other email and it worked. But the email I used before wasn't for a Tier 4 visa, it was for visitors visa. In any case, thanks a bunch. I've scaled through that stage. Thanks to everyone who advised, I appreciate.

muami:

It could be that your email has been registered before with the system. I had a similar issue in the past. Try to register with another email address ( if you have another).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 6:09am On Aug 06, 2014
justwise: [/b]

I doubt that, delay at POE?....may be.

grin grin grin

21 days quarantine at POE

@spikesC thank for the BP infested info
no come kill ppl here grin
@justwise i follow your point
but sha i hope for the best,cant wait to put in my application b4 things start involving Ebola
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by souljaboi51(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2014
justwise:

Congratulation!

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:
I sent a mail immediately, It took a month to get this one, hence my worry over time. I will just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks
@donoms @presiade
Update on my atas. I reapplied and a new one has been issued. They never replied the email to point out the error. Thank u for ur help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30: Hello all, i have just started filling my uk student visa application. is there a difference between tier 4 (general) student and tier 4 general sponsored student?
i have a full scholarship worth 94000pounds (to cover tuition, maintenance and return ticket) at the rate of 264naira to a pound. however the current rate is like 287/290. the total, using this new rate still covers my tuition and maintenance funds. can i still present this scholarship letter as it is or i have to still show an account balance to make it up to 94000pounds at the current rate?
Please I still need help with this. Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:

You can apply for the visa with your current scholarship letter as it covers both your tuition and maintenance fee. UKBA just need to see evidence of at least (820GBP * 9months) for living expenses and since your scholarship covers it, you do not need to show an account with 28 days anymore. I hope this answers your question?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2014
sashacoleman:
Where did u submit? Ikeja or VI?

I submitted at Ikeja.

I paid for UPS postal service which saves me the cost of flying in and out of lagos from port harcourt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2014
souljaboi51:

17th of july...ikeja

I applied 14 July Ikeja.... Now I dont know what to think anymore
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:37am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=spikesC]

Have you heard anything from them yet with regards to your visa? I'm just fed up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2014
sashacoleman:

Have you heard anything from them yet
with regards to your visa? I'm just fed up.

naaa, nothing yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
souljaboi51: hello all, @justwise, u r doing a great job here. well, i just collected my visa today and would be going to coventry uni for my masters in sept.
for those who their visa is still in transit, pls be patient, you would get it. i wish everybody the best of luck in every every

Congratulations man... #GoodLuck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:
@donoms @presiade
Update on my atas. I reapplied and a new one has been issued. They never replied the email to point out the error. Thank u for ur help!

You're welcome. Thank God you didn't delay further. All the hest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:

Who is your sponsor? And at what level are you going to study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello house. I am currently expecting my CAS from UCL and after going through this, and similar, threads, I'm getting scared that I'm running out of time; the school is to start on Sept. 22. Is it possible for me to submit an application without my CAS and book a date like 3 weeks ahead, instead of waiting for it and then not being able to get a suitable date?

PS* I'm sorry if this question sounds silly!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
beautyuche:

This is taking long oooo the new status is "processed passport is in transit to uk visa operations center" its been this way two days now.....Still waiting dont even know how long dis new status will last as the last one lasted about 4 days after i got d confirmation mail.

I have this same issue too. The last visiting visa I did. I got my parcel in 2 days now it's been 4 days I haven't seen my UPS parcel..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Another question:
Someone here advised to stay away from VI VAC cos of slow response. Can someone from Abuja who has gotten his/her visa please tell me how long it took?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Daragate(f): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello justwise, remember me? i wrote to you some sometime ago concerning my immigration issues years ago and you told me what to do.
I tried to find the link we had the discussion but could not get the link. it was about my cancelled visa at the uk port of entry and how later i
left there voluntarily.
I have applied, went for the interview and to God be the glory i was issued the student visa cheesy cheesy.
I just collected it this morning, My joy knew no bounds when i opened it cheesy cheesy. i dont know how to thank you but God almighty will surprise you.
My school starts next month, am so excited,i cant wait to travel grin cheesy.
Thank you soooooooo much.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
dannyabba: Hello house. I am currently expecting my CAS from UCL and after going through this, and similar, threads, I'm getting scared that I'm running out of time; the school is to start on Sept. 22. Is it possible for me to submit an application without my CAS and book a date like 3 weeks ahead, instead of waiting for it and then not being able to get a suitable date?

PS* I'm sorry if this question sounds silly!
You need a CAS number to get through an application AND book interview.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Daragate: Hello justwise, remember me? i wrote to you some sometime ago concerning my immigration issues years ago and you told me what to do.
I tried to find the link we had the discussion but could not get the link. it was about my cancelled visa at the uk port of entry and how later i
left there voluntarily.
I have applied, went for the interview and to God be the glory i was issued the student visa cheesy cheesy.
I just collected it this morning, My joy knew no bounds when i opened it cheesy cheesy. i dont know how to thank you but God almighty will surprise you.

Congratulations! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
DonOms:
You need a CAS number to get through an application AND book interview.

Thank you! I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Daragate(f): 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
dannyabba:

Congratulations! cheesy

Thank you dannyabba cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
DonOms:

Who is your sponsor? And at what level are you going to study?
tetfund/university where I work. Tetfund provides the fund, the university picks the awardees and issues award letter. I am going for a phd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:
tetfund/university where I work. Tetfund provides the fund, the university picks the awardees and issues award letter. I am going for a phd

With your letter, you'll be Tier4(General) (Sponsored) Student.

Don't worry about any money evidence or rate. It's an over 3-year programme and you have the scholarship letter.

However, if you have all the money in your account already, you can use the Tier 4 (General) Student if you desire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Daragate: Hello justwise, remember me? i wrote to you some sometime ago concerning my immigration issues years ago and you told me what to do.
left there voluntarily.

I'm really happy for you, nairaland attack erased all posts from Jan 10th so i can't find the post but i'm happy that it worked at the end.

Congratulations again and welcome to the UK

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.