Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864660 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
spikesC:

If you deposited on the 18th of July, you'll be due on or after 15th of August.
Yes, you can pay on the 15th of August

You will book an appointment on the day you paid your visa application. They will provide a list of available dates when you're booking.

2000 pounds is so much enough for IOM test and Visa fee but your other expenses is not what i can guarantee. I do not know how extravagant your expenses can be grin

You can print your CAS in any color you like. If the accommodation fees is listed on your CAS, then no need to print it, else print it also in any color you like.

Yes print and fill the appendix 8 form. If they don't want it, they will give it back to you.

Nope, you don't need to include the waec and jamb.
thanks @spikesC u ve done so well
as for the extra 200 pounds it will include my ticket also
do u advise i remove the excess of 2000 pounds
pls ooo help me
i dont wanna go about this thing the second time the hustle and money spent is no joke
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
bidibudi:
thanks @spikesC u ve done so well
as for the extra 200 pounds it will include my ticket also
do u advise i remove the excess of 2000 pounds
pls ooo help me
i dont wanna go about this thing the second time the hustle and money spent is no joke

No, do not remove.
You do not need to buy flight ticket before applying.

2000 pounds is around 560k. So do not make expenses of more than 400k before your visa is out.
Iom and visa fees will cost you a maximum of 120k

one mote thing, how did u prove your english proficiency?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

I have to take your word for it.

You don't need to include the refusal letter but you have to acknowledge the refusal when asked in the form and briefly explain why you were refused. Withholding info about it will earn you 10yrs ban. Its just a test though to know how honest you are, they have all the info already anyway.
thanks @ justwise i ll include it and give them a brief details about it
i ll also include the passport no of the old passport
i just pray my sins don't pursue me
thanks boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
milychocs: Hello house
I woke up today to see that "your application has been approved and your visa issued"

Thanks everyone especially @justwise and @ spikeC
For your 100% and more counsel

Timeline- Abuja...TB test Mon(21 July)....visa application/submission etc Tue(22 July)......visa approval this am
Goodluck to everyone

which school are you going to bro?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
spikesC:

No, do not remove.
You do not need to buy flight ticket before applying.

2000 pounds is around 560k. So do not make expenses of more than 400k before your visa is out.
Iom and visa fees will cost you a maximum of 120k

one mote thing, how did u prove your english proficiency?

a letter from the deen of my university specifically for the english proficiency
with the university letter head and stamp
and my school wrote to me it has been waved
am i on track
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
bidibudi:

a letter from the deen of my university specifically for the english proficiency
with the university letter head and stamp
and my school wrote to me it has been waved
am i on track

Yep
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
spikesC:

Yep
So i need not include the letter for the English language proficiency to my document
and also the reference letter from my university are not required?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
bidibudi:
So i need not include the letter for the English language proficiency to my document

Nope. You'll just indicate it on the application form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
spikesC:

Nope. You'll just indicate it on the application form
thanks your expertise have been helpful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
bidibudi:

You need not include them, your English language proficiency will appear on your CAS. If you are to include reference letter, it will also appear on your CAS but it is barely done.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
chivitech:

You need not include them, your English language proficiency will appear on your CAS. If you are to include reference letter, it will also appear on your CAS but it is barely done.

thnks @chivitech it is noted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 1:21am On Aug 04, 2014
Hello house, especially Justwise and SpikesC.. grin

I'm applying for a student visa and I have some questions to ask.

1. I've paid my full tuition fees and I have 3m left in my mum's (sponsor) account. The money has been in her account since March 2014 and it has presently (june) been moved to a fixed account. The question now is; can i use a fixed account?

2. If NO, when she moves the money back into her account, do I have to wait for 28day?

3. I have a valid uk visa (2yrs), will the embassy cancel it if they approve my study visa? cry

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar: Hello house, especially Justwise and SpikesC.. grin

I'm applying for a student visa and I have some questions to ask.

1. I've paid my full tuition fees and I have 3m left in my mum's (sponsor) account. The money has been in her account since March 2014 and it has presently (june) been moved to a fixed account. The question now is; can i use a fixed account?

2. If NO, when she moves the money back into her account, do I have to wait for 28day?

3. I have a valid uk visa (2yrs), will the embassy cancel it if they approve my study visa? cry

Thank you.

1. No you can't.

2. Yes you have to start counting again

3. Not really sure about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

1. No you can't.

2. Yes you have to start counting again

3. Not really sure about that.

Are u serious! Yeeeeee. I was told that I won't have to count ooo... but the money has always been in the account na and if I print out a bank statement, it will reflect it. so y should I start counting again..?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar:

Are u serious! Yeeeeee. I was told that I won't have to count ooo... but the money has always been in the account na and if I print out a bank statement, it will reflect it. so y should I start counting again..?

The money was in an account before you moved it to fixed deposit account and now you want to move it back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

The money was in an account before you moved it to fixed deposit account and now you want to move it back?

Yes... it was in my mom's account. Now we want to move it back into her account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar:

Yes... it was in my mom's account. Now we want to move it back into her account.

The moment you move it back to savings or current account the 28days counting starts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 9:59am On Aug 04, 2014
@Justwise... Pls I need ur candid advice ooo.. my agent keeps insisting that I should leave the money in the fixed account so long as my mum has the fixed account cert. I'm so confused right now.

Also, If I eventually return the money back today, 28days will be 31st Aug, hope that is not too late to apply for visa?

Or can I just put the money in my account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar: @Justwise... Pls I need ur candid advice ooo.. my agent keeps insisting that I should leave the money in the fixed account so long as my mum has the fixed account cert. I'm so confused right now.

Also, If I eventually return the money back today, 28days will be 31st Aug, hope that is not too late to apply for visa?

Or can I just put the money in my account?

Money that can be used

181. You can use money held in an account owned by you or by your parents. If you are using
funds held by your parent(s)/legal guardian(s), you will need to show us evidence that you
are related to your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and that you have their permission to use this
money.

182. The evidence of money that you use must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes
savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), as a loan letter
or official financial or government sponsorship available to you
. Other accounts or financial
instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards and pension funds are not
acceptable, regardless of notice period.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/339357/T4_Guidance_08-14.pdf

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

Money that can be used

[/color]

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/339357/T4_Guidance_08-14.pdf

Hmmmmm.. hmmmmm...

Fixed account is actually a cash fund. U have access to it at anytime. O ga oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar:

Hmmmmm.. hmmmmm...

Its called fixed deposit account for a reason, you can't withdraw as you do with current or savings account.

That money is fixed to a date.

I don't usually reply to a post the moment agent comes into it.

So good luck

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar:

Hmmmmm.. hmmmmm...

Fixed deposit is not a cash fund it is an investment fund and you don't have the money at the snap of a finger as you would with funds in savings or current accounts.
That is why when you fix your fund it's moved from your account this shows you have no control on the usage pending either when the funds mature or you terminate the investment.
Pls pls dot listen to any agent they will only deceive you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Hello all,

please i have been going through the threads carefully and wanna ask a few questions.

1. where best can i submit my application that i won't experience delay (ikeja, teleperfor.. or abuja)

2. is it important to state in the form, the additional information section, all i have been doing (like working) so as to show the time frame of when i graduated till now? And do i need to submit my employment documents, pay slip, tax returns and study leave alongside other documents to prove to the ECO of my return back to work after the masters program? cos i was adviced to add these documents because they want to see proof of wat u've been doing and ensure one returns back to home country

3. can i print my statement on exact 28day or shld i put in a day extra say money deposited on 10th July, start counting from 11th July, the 28days period ends 7th August, and i intend to apply and do d registration online on 8th August, and print statement 11th August. So i was hoping to inform the bank officials i need the statement from 10th July - 8th August (is this wise?), so just incase the ECO wants to count from 8th backwards, i get a total of 30days

4. i did my tb test in june even before i got my cas and somhow i put in a family member address in the uk. does this matters because som1 said i was suppose to put the address of the school.

I await ur responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Keith101: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Hi everyone, please I submitted my application on the 31st of July and presently waiting for a response. Can I continue making transactions on my account (withdrawals/deposits).These would not affect my required funds since I have well above what is required, but would however affect the specific figure I submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello house, I submitted my visa application on 31 July & haven't received any update from vfs as to whether they've started processing or not, and I paid for sms. Usually they send email & sms. Please is there an alternative way that I can check the status of my application? Submitted in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
cookies: Hello house, I submitted my visa application on 31 July & haven't received any update from vfs as to whether they've started processing or not, and I paid for sms. Usually they send email & sms. Please is there an alternative way that I can check the status of my application? Submitted in Abuja.

https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=QjjeqT6tBJlHwGRUVZxtkA==

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
akmoses:
Hello all,

please i have been going through the threads carefully and wanna ask a few questions.

1. where best can i submit my application that i won't experience delay (ikeja, teleperfor.. or abuja)

2. is it important to state in the form, the additional information section, all i have been doing (like working) so as to show the time frame of when i graduated till now? And do i need to submit my employment documents, pay slip, tax returns and study leave alongside other documents to prove to the ECO of my return back to work after the masters program? cos i was adviced to add these documents because they want to see proof of wat u've been doing and ensure one returns back to home country

3. can i print my statement on exact 28day or shld i put in a day extra say money deposited on 10th July, start counting from 11th July, the 28days period ends 7th August, and i intend to apply and do d registration online on 8th August, and print statement 11th August. So i was hoping to inform the bank officials i need the statement from 10th July - 8th August (is this wise?), so just incase the ECO wants to count from 8th backwards, i get a total of 30days

4. i did my tb test in june even before i got my cas and somhow i put in a family member address in the uk. does this matters because som1 said i was suppose to put the address of the school.

I await ur responses.

I will only answer one question, the others can answer the rest. Make sure whatever u do, u do not make the mistake of applying through VI teleperformance. We are plenty that applied since early July and haven't heard anythn frm them. Try Ikeja or Abj.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
sashacoleman:

I will only answer one question, the others can answer the rest. Make sure whatever u do, u do not make the mistake of applying through VI teleperformance. We are plenty that applied since early July and haven't heard anythn frm them. Try Ikeja or Abj.

I also applied in July from Ikeja though I got a mail saying its been approved over a week now but my documents have not arrived infact the status just changed today. It might just be a general delay due to volume of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pls I just got my CAS Letter now, pls where can I get the evidence I need to produce at the embassy? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar: Pls I just got my CAS Letter now, pls where can I get the evidence I need to produce at the embassy? undecided

read through the cas details, u'll definitely see what evidence(s) u r to provide towards visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
I have another question ooo... I just say the "hours per week" section in the CAS and it reads 0.0 shocked

Does that mean in not allowed to work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.