Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864657 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Daragate(f): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
justwise:

I'm really happy for you, nairaland attack erased all posts from Jan 10th so i can't find the post but i'm happy that it worked at the end.

Congratulations again and welcome to the UK
OH dear, No wonder i couldnt find the post.
Anyway, Thank uuuuu cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
DonOms:

With your letter, you'll be Tier4(General) (Sponsored) Student.

Don't worry about any money evidence or rate. It's an over 3-year programme and you have the scholarship letter.

However, if you have all the money in your account already, you can use the Tier 4 (General) Student if you desire.
The money has been divided into 3equal parts. To be paid in 3 equal installments.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ justwise is it true one's statement of account would be checked at the point of entry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
agates: @ justwise is it true one's statement of account would be checked at the point of entry

Hardly, they may select people at random and ask question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
agates: @ justwise is it true one's statement of account would be checked at the point of entry
If somone gives the security people a cause to look closely at them.
Then it is possible that they would check on finances.
But not everyone on every flight.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
worry359:
If somone gives the security people a cause to look closely at them.
Then it is possible that they would check on finances.
But not everyone on every flight.

pls throw more light on this oooo
so if one is eventually asked of finances what are the possible way out
in cases where one borrowed funds to run for maintenance or a case where by u borrowed money to complete the amount in the account and u have to return it be 4 travelling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
kemkem30:
The money has been divided into 3equal parts. To be paid in 3 equal installments.

You mentioned having £97000 and that's why I answered you the way I did before. Ideally, you need to show money evidence for one year. So if you have the one-year money paid to you by TETFund already, then you can apply as a Tier4(General). But if the money is not in your account, then you must use the letter to apply as a Tier4(Sponsored) student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
justwise:

Hardly, they may select people at random and ask question.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
For those that have done their TB test, please how long did it take for you to get the results?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by catherine0709: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
dannyabba: For those that have done their TB test, please how long did it take for you to get the results?
NEXT DAY

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
catherine0709:
NEXT DAY
Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello wer can i pay for the priority lane for applying visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
I'm planning on studying msc offshore technology at Cranfield University. @justwise any tips on how to make the most out the uk msc.

I wish to work outside UK after the msc, any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chaze85: Hello wer can i pay for the priority lane for applying visa?
There is no priority option for tier 4. Just apply through Abuja or Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by catherine0709: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
dannyabba:
Thank you!
WELCOME
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wanlly: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2014
smslive2: Hello Nairalanders...

Submitted a Tier 4 dependent visa with son at Ikeja VAC on Thursday 17th, got an approval email today.

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.[i][/i]

Documents submitted incase there is anyone who is planning to apply for same...

1. International passport of all dependants valid till date
2. Original bank account statement covering all dependants
3. Letter of support from main student in the UK addressed to the High commission,
4. Family pictures and baby's album
5. Original birth certificates of all dependants
6. Copy of main student’s cas letter, student ID Card, Visa Page
7. Employment letters with 3 months pay slip
8. Copy of tenancy agreement in the uk for the family
9. TB Certificates for all dependants
10. Creche Arrangement for baby
11. Baby's Child dedication certificate
12. Tax Clearance card
13. Oanda printout for online application submission date
Hi smslive2,
I am so happy for you.
It's just a clarification from you. Your wife got the student visa and you and your son joining her( I may be wrong,please correct me). Did you quit your job? I got the student visa and wants my son to go with me but my husband can't quit his job. What do we do? What documents do we use.
Thanks for your anticipated response .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2014
GeneralShepherd: I'm planning on studying msc offshore technology at Cranfield University. @justwise any tips on how to make the most out the uk msc.
I wish to work outside UK after the msc, any advice would be appreciated.

From job point of view or student life during msc program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Keith101: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2014
Hi everyone, just got my visa approval e-mail. Submitted at the Abuja centre on the 31st of July. Thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the useful information gotten from this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Keith101: Hi everyone, just got my visa approval e-mail. Submitted at the Abuja centre on the 31st of July. Thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the useful information gotten from this thread.

Congratulation!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2014
Keith101: Hi everyone, just got my visa approval e-mail. Submitted at the Abuja centre on the 31st of July. Thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the useful information gotten from this thread.

congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2014
justwise:

From job point of view or student life during msc program?
With regards to securing a job after school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2014
bidibudi:

in cases where one borrowed funds to run for maintenance or a case where by u borrowed money to complete the amount in the account and u have to return it be 4 travelling?

@justwise, pls give ur advice on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
bidibudi:

This is a very silly situation to be in.
As a Student in the UK your school is required to check on your financial ability to support yourself!
Even if you are not questioned at immigration, your school will find out and report you to UKBA.
Then deportation with all your money lost and the shame of telling your friends and family!
It has been stated hundreds of times that you need that money to survive!
There are no magic sources of funds so how will you live and eat?
Do you expect to fall into a well paying job instantly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
bidibudi:

akmoses:
@justwise, pls give ur advice on this.

It will not be a good experience if you are caught in that situation, you will be sent back and your visa canceled because you lied in your application.

Surviving in the UK without that maintenance money and with full time study is hell.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
justwise:

It will not be a good experience if you are caught in that situation, you will be sent back and your visa canceled because you lied in your application.

Surviving in the UK without that maintenance money and with full time study is hell.

So if one is asked to show proof of funds, do you show them the statement of account or what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
akmoses:

So if one is asked to show proof of funds, do you show them the statement of account or what?
If it's a real statement of the money in your account on that day the yes that is what you do.
If the statement is out of date or you have taken all the money out to pay back a loan than you are in trouble.
They are likely to check your bank and they will fid out the truth!

If you are honest and are following the rules then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
worry359:
If it's a real statement of the money in your account on that day the yes that is what you do.
If the statement is out of date or you have taken all the money out to pay back a loan than you are in trouble.
They are likely to check your bank and they will fid out the truth!

If you are honest and are following the rules then you have nothing to worry about.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
akmoses:

Your bank card and some cash for immediate needs in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
justwise:

Your bank card and some cash for immediate needs in the UK.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
sashacoleman:
Where did u submit? Ikeja or VI?

Hi beautyuche have u received your package now because I m still waiting g for mine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
agates:

Hi beautyuche have u received your package now because I m still waiting g for mine

Nop yet to get mine.....Just checked now it says "processed application in transit". No further info keeping fingers crossed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello house!!

Just received a mail that my application has been approved and my visa issued about an hour ago... I'm just so happy because to be honest, I kinda had some doubts about the application thing which was the final hurdle in the journey to studying in the UK... Still can't believe it..

Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions when I had my questions...

God Bless!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.