Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864682 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar: I have another question ooo... I just say the "hours per week" section in the CAS and it reads 0.0 shocked

Does that mean in not allowed to work?

is ur institution a private or public university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Good day all, please I will be going for my TB test on the 11th August, please how can I get to IOM lagos from Mile 2 lagos and how will I do the payment. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
milychocs: Hello house
I woke up today to see that "your application has been approved and your visa issued"

Thanks everyone especially @justwise and @ spikeC
For your 100% and more counsel

Timeline- Abuja...TB test Mon(21 July)....visa application/submission etc Tue(22 July)......visa approval this am
Goodluck to everyone

Where dem dey do tb test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please I.just deposited 2mil for.my living expenses today and also.paid for school fees. What's the.next thing? Should I apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
akmoses:

is ur institution a private or public university?

It's public.. leeds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
@spikesC
I just got the confirmation from the university,i was asked to go ahead with the Neco,my issue now is i will rather they dont include it in the CAS as i wont want to have to explain whichever way to the Embassy on the alphabetical error in my certificate.
thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Please I.just deposited 2mil for.my living expenses today and also.paid for school fees. What's the.next thing? Should I apply for visa?

Next thing?. Sit down and chew chewingstick. See question sha. How about u do some research, try Google, or ur sch's website and better still, try reading from page one of this trend.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
sashacoleman:

Next thing?. Sit down and chew chewingstick. See question sha. How about u do some research, try Google, or ur sch's website and better still, try reading from page one of this trend.

First it's not a trend it's a thread and if you don't have any meaningful thing to say,just shut up and let intelligent people comment. Mtcheww
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Keith101: Hi everyone, please I submitted my application on the 31st of July and presently waiting for a response. Can I continue making transactions on my account (withdrawals/deposits).These would not affect my required funds since I have well above what is required, but would however affect the specific figure I submitted.

You're free to run your account as long as you don't allow your balance go below the required money.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=justwise]

Congratulations! nice way to start Sunday morning. [/quote/

Thank you!!!
And you too @ spikesC....and @ Emmagency, thanks, and good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
mokholar: I have another question ooo... I just say the "hours per week" section in the CAS and it reads 0.0 shocked

Does that mean in not allowed to work?

What 'hours per week?' It could be hours required to attend lectures or anything.

Your school can't decide your right to work except UKVI, besides you're attending a public school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Where dem dey do tb test

International Organisation for Migration
No.4 Buchannan Close,
Off Buchannan Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II,
Abuja
(maybe Buchanan?)

It is easy to get by on cabs in Abuja...and no drop was more than 300 naira for me...so maybe give Abuja a try
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
paradisewoods: Good day all, please I will be going for my TB test on the 11th August, please how can I get to IOM lagos from Mile 2 lagos and how will I do the payment. Thanks

Lool.. This is the very first time I'm seeing this sort of question here..

Here's how to go.

1. Take a bus to Oshodi (Don't get to Oshodi Isale Oooh)
2. Get a bus to Ikeja (Alight at Onigbongbo Bus Stop)
3. Cross to the other side, walk forward a little and take the first corner by your left.
4. Ask for Mike Otedola Crescent (You'll be directed to take a Keke Napep)
5. At the gate of the crescent, just tell them you're going to 'IOM'

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello all.. I applied at Ikeja on 23rd July (someone that had her interview after me on that day has had her visa approved on 1st July). I received a call from the BHC today while I was in the bank and during the process of confirming my identity and if I sat for an interview, the call got disrupted due to poor reception in the banking hall. And I cannot call them back. Haven't received any mail yet..

Does anyone have an idea why such calls are made?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

First it's not a trend it's a thread and if you don't have any meaningful thing to say,just shut up and let intelligent people comment. Mtcheww

I want to believe that ure smart and intelligent as u say. But it was a simple advice. U need to learn how to do simple research, simple! No vex eh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
Please I.just deposited 2mil for.my living expenses today and also.paid for school fees. What's the.next thing? Should I apply for visa?

wait for 28 days.....and then print a bank statement. What's the actual figure in your account? Because you'll need to show a minimum of 7,380 pounds(depends on where your school is located..) which as at today is equivalent to N2,001,400 (Oanda rate)

Hehehe...Still can't stop laughing to the response you got from sashacoleman...trust me, when you become an old user on this thread and someone asks this question, you'll find it very difficult not to respond the way he did....#lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Guyz once u submitted application for student visa do they call the bank to find out how much money do u have in ur account?just wondering though...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
constance234: @spikesC
I just got the confirmation from the university,i was asked to go ahead with the Neco,my issue now is i will rather they dont include it in the CAS as i wont want to have to explain whichever way to the Embassy on the alphabetical error in my certificate.
thanks.
They won't include it cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chaze85: Guyz once u submitted application for student visa do they call the bank to find out how much money do u have in ur account?just wondering though...
yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Emmagency: Hello all.. I applied at Ikeja on 23rd July (someone that had her interview after me on that day has had her visa approved on 1st July). I received a call from the BHC today while I was in the bank and during the process of confirming my identity and if I sat for an interview, the call got disrupted due to poor reception in the banking hall. And I cannot call them back. Haven't received any mail yet..

Does anyone have an idea why such calls are made?

they might just want to ask you for clearification.
They would still contact you again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
spikesC:
They won't include it cool
:Dbetter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Emmagency:

wait for 28 days.....and then print a bank statement. What's the actual figure in your account? Because you'll need to show a minimum of 7,380 pounds(depends on where your school is located..) which as at today is equivalent to N2,001,400 (Oanda rate)

Hehehe...Still can't stop laughing to the response you got from sashacoleman...trust me, when you become an old user on this thread and someone asks this question, you'll find it very difficult not to respond the way he did....#lol

2 million was deposited plus se change about 10k or so. The school is in milton keynes, Bedfordshire.

He could have said in a million more polite ways,the guy that started this thread has done it for ages and is still very polite.

Thanks for your response, you guys are amazing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by monsurx2: 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
please how did you booked for the TB appointment at Abuja? (via email or phone call)

Did you include any attachment(s) with the mail you sent? (if you had booked via mail)

Finally, what is the average response duration after
booking via email (if applicable)

Thanks,
milychocs:

International Organisation for Migration
No.4 Buchannan Close,
Off Buchannan Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II,
Abuja
(maybe Buchanan?)

It is easy to get by on cabs in Abuja...and no drop was more than 300 naira for me...so maybe give Abuja a try
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chiichii2010: 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
monsurx2: please how did you booked for the TB appointment at Abuja? (via email or phone call)

Did you include any attachment(s) with the mail you sent? (if you had booked via mail)

Finally, what is the average response duration after
booking via email (if applicable)

I booked via mail,just told them dat I wud wand to book for fri,but thy replied after 30mins with 3 attachments containing bank name,address,amount n some personal info to fill n others, thy now booked me on mon telling me that every other dates have been filled up.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by monsurx2: 5:22am On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks. I also did mine similarly except that I didn't mention a specific date because I wasn't sure. Till this day I'm yet to hear from them (Abuja's office).

Would suggest I wait or request for another appointment and mention my preffered date?

Chiichii2010:

I booked via mail,just told them dat I wud wand to book for fri,but thy replied after 30mins with 3 attachments containing bank name,address,amount n some personal info to fill n others, thy now booked me on mon telling me that every other dates have been filled up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 5:39am On Aug 05, 2014
Hi everyone
My own issue plenty oooooo
1) I ve been refused visa lik 10yrs ago b4, I cnt find d refusal or passport or passport details, what do I do
2)I ve paid my complete tuition of £12,150 but my maintenance money is short on 600k nd I ve been trying to make dis up but seems impossible, pls does anyone have an idea if banks help wit tinz lik dis, lik help u put in d money for the time needed nd gt an interest in return; if they do, which banks does I use gtbank, ecobank nd stanbicIBTC.... Or beta still re dere pple dat loan students money for this purpose
Time ain't my friend, help pls

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

2 million was deposited plus se change about 10k or so. The school is in milton keynes, Bedfordshire.

He could have said in a million more polite ways,the guy that started this thread has done it for ages and is still very polite.

Thanks for your response, you guys are amazing

Okay...you'll need to credit that account with at least 100k so pound-to-naira fluctuations doesn't cause your balance to fall under the requited amount during the 28days otherwise, you'll have to start recounting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2014
mhoreh: Hi everyone
My own issue plenty oooooo
1) I ve been refused visa lik 10yrs ago b4, I cnt find d refusal or passport or passport details, what do I do
2)I ve paid my complete tuition of £12,150 but my maintenance money is short on 600k nd I ve been trying to make dis up but seems impossible, pls does anyone have an idea if banks help wit tinz lik dis, lik help u put in d money for the time needed nd gt an interest in return; if they do, which banks does I use gtbank, ecobank nd stanbicIBTC.... Or beta still re dere pple dat loan students money for this purpose
Time ain't my friend, help pls

Microfinance banks do it...you pay 10% of the amount needed for the loan upfront..and the money gets to be in your account for 30-35days....ask around...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 9:20am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello all,

please ur guidance is highly needed.

2. is it important to state in the form, the additional information section, all i have been doing (like working) so as to show the time frame of when i graduated till now? And do i need to submit my employment documents, pay slip, tax returns and study leave alongside other documents to prove to the ECO of my return back to work after the masters program? cos i was adviced to add these documents because they want to see proof of wat u've been doing and ensure one returns back to home country

3. can i print my statement on exact 28day or shld i put in a day extra say money deposited on 10th July, start counting from 11th July, the 28days period ends 7th August, and i intend to apply and do d registration online on 8th August, and print statement 11th August. So i was hoping to inform the bank officials i need the statement from 10th July - 8th August (is this wise?), so just incase the ECO wants to count from 8th backwards, i get a total of 30days

4. i did my tb test in june even before i got my cas and somhow i put in a family member address in the uk. does this matters because som1 said i was suppose to put the address of the school.

I await ur responses.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2014
akmoses: Hello all,

2. is it important to state in the form, the additional information section, all i have been doing (like working) so as to show the time frame of when i graduated till now? And do i need to submit my employment documents, pay slip, tax returns and study leave alongside other documents to prove to the ECO of my return back to work after the masters program? cos i was adviced to add these documents because they want to see proof of wat u've been doing and ensure one returns back to home country

3. can i print my statement on exact 28day or shld i put in a day extra say money deposited on 10th July, start counting from 11th July, the 28days period ends 7th August, and i intend to apply and do d registration online on 8th August, and print statement 11th August. So i was hoping to inform the bank officials i need the statement from 10th July - 8th August (is this wise?), so just incase the ECO wants to count from 8th backwards, i get a total of 30days

4. i did my tb test in june even before i got my cas and somhow i put in a family member address in the uk. does this matters because som1 said i was suppose to put the address of the school.

I await ur responses.

1. Add every legal document you have in your possession to prove your credibility and genuineness..

2. Yes, you can print your statement and also apply on the 28th day.. (Like I did mine) You can also print the statement on the day you're going to apply (even though the 28 days ultimatum completed some days back). The rule is that the bank statement must not be more than one month old. Meaning if your 28 days period is from 1st-28th of july, you can print it and apply with it anytime during 29th-28th August.

3. It's no problem. As long as it's a valid address...Will you be staying with them during your stay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2014
akmoses: Hello all,

I await ur responses.

2. Its not important to add those or state what you have been doing since then. You can state those if asked at the interview.

3. You can print the bank statement any day from the 28th's day.

4. There is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2014
justwise:

2. Its not important to add those or state what you have been doing since then. You can state those if asked at the interview.

3. You can print the bank statement any day from the 28th's day.

4. There is nothing wrong with that.

thanks @ justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.