Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865662 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2014
unistudent1: My question is about maintenance funds. I know that you must show evidence of 1020*9 months for maintenance funds for London. That means 9180 total. I'd like to ask, for maintenance funds, let's say my school is in London and my accommodation fees are 5000. I have already paid 1020 pounds towards my accommodation. Does that mean I should now show 9180-1020 making 8160 or should I show 8160 plus the remaining 3980 that I still owe the school for accommodation making 12140? Does the question make sense? Please let me know so I can clarify.

Also, has anyone applied in Abuja this week?
Correction:The maximum you should pay towards accommodation is 1020.
all u need to show is now 9180 - 1020 = 8160
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 19, 2014
unistudent1: My question is about maintenance funds. I know that you must show evidence of 1020*9 months for maintenance funds for London. That means 9180 total. I'd like to ask, for maintenance funds, let's say my school is in London and my accommodation fees are 5000. I have already paid 1020 pounds towards my accommodation. Does that mean I should now show 9180-1020 making 8160 or should I show 8160 plus the remaining 3980 that I still owe the school for accommodation making 12140? Does the question make sense? Please let me know so I can clarify.

Also, has anyone applied in Abuja this week?

The maximum you can pay towards accommodation is 1020Gbp. You should have at least 9180-1020 (8160) available for maintenance funds.

There's nothing wrong with having excess though.

Please endeavour to go through the Tier 4 guidance paper on the UK Visas website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 2:13am On Sep 19, 2014
OK, so I am new here and been following happenings regarding this study visa issues. Why does teleperformance delay with visas? I just read someone applied on the 12th and is picking up already at Ikeja? I applied on the 3rd at teleperformance in VI and still haven't heard back. Quite frustrating I must say.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 4:21am On Sep 19, 2014
kennyrule: OK, so I am new here and been following happenings regarding this study visa issues. Why does teleperformance delay with visas? I just read someone applied on the 12th and is picking up already at Ikeja? I applied on the 3rd at teleperformance in VI and still haven't heard back. Quite frustrating I must say.

I understand that it is because they are new. They just started processing this thing and this is peak student visa time. All their applications go to Sheffield whilst those of VFS go to Abuja where they are handled quickly and sent back. Now Sheffield gets from several countries so there is a lot for them to go through. Fortunately or unfortunately Tele are taking over the whole of Nigeria, Abuja has started, Ikeja will start at the end of this month so we are the guinea pigs for them to get the system right. Unfortunately, they are doing really poor at communication. It seems their website resigned since 1st of September and everyone since then has been unable to see anything showing that they have even applied. When you go there they are also not quite as professional as one would want. Honestly, the guy there smiles when telling you that your documents are not ready as if he is enjoying it. Apart from that moment he is frowning like he just took a sip of raw lime juice. They don't understand customer service and feel like they are doing you a favour. There is no suggestion box. They seem to be disorganised as you see courier packages dumped everywhere behind them. Just pray because right now you are at their mercy. I hope and wish someone at the British Home Office is reading this forum, Teleperformance is not doing their image any favours. Anywhere else in the world people would have staged a protest by now. But... this is Nigeria, where even the security feels he can advise you on visa issues!!!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dorothy0324: 4:47am On Sep 19, 2014
Please does anyone know how long UPS takes to deliver a passport,like after the 2 working days ur passport returns to d VAC (abj)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by soudagar06: 4:48am On Sep 19, 2014
UK PBS Tier 4 Student Visa

I have applied for the Student Visa on 03/09/2014 from Chennai India, I have chose the SMS services by payingextra money so far I received only one message that was on the day of application ' As the application has been forwarded to the British Commission; since then i haven't received any message. On the Unconditonal it was at 10/Sep/14 would be the University start date but on The CAS they have given extension till 22/09/14 but I haven't heard anything since yet from the Home Office. So I requested University to further extend my Joining and they have extended till 28/09/14. I requested University to infrom Home Office about the extension and they told me that they have dropped a mail.

I just want to know What is the status of the application am I IN or OUT.I am feeling so depressed Please someone help me to find out the what's exact status of application now, Please cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by medman007(m): 4:49am On Sep 19, 2014
mhoreh:
Am sure my mailbox got tired of me refreshing it today, checkd my spam severally, and I did follow all instructions just that I once had a refusal many years ago and can't find the passport or the refusal letter so I had to use the extra information box to explain and pick Jan 01 1900 since picking a date was mandatory .... Staying positive, hopeful and keeping faith ..... Anyway are u going to Leeds, cos I must ve seen u lastweek

In that case, just keep the faith alive and be optimistic. Since you said you finished about the same time with me, i also thought we must have met at some point. I had no 146 at the gate, then i was giving Tag 23 for tier 4 when we were called in but then some 2 guyz and a lady already seated before we came said someone already gave them 23 - 25 respectively, then after the documentation verification with the guy at the lobby, i was given another tag and this time it was 168. Finally in recounting what transpired during my submission, i remember i had a chat with two guyz while waiting to be called for biometrics, a fair guy ( going to manchester for a 2-week course or so) and the other guy is dark ( don't knw which school he's going but heard him say he came from Kaduna and he's paid part of his tuition...)

I don't knw if the above helps u figure out me... and lastly, i'm going to Uni of Southampton for MSc Cyber Security.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2014
Ok now i've gotten my visa, when can I start "touching" my maintenance funds?

I mean when can I start using it such that it could fall below 9180?

Am I still required to present evidence of funds to anyone?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2014
dolapobello1:

The maximum you can pay towards accommodation is 1020Gbp. You should have at least 9180-1020 (8160) available for maintenance funds.

There's nothing wrong with having excess though.

You'll be fine.

@kemkem, that is inaccurate.

Please endeavour to go through the Tier 4 guidance paper on the UK Visas website.

i read his question all wrong and i have corrected myself. thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2014
medman007:

In that case, just keep the faith alive and be optimistic. Since you said you finished about the same time with me, i also thought we must have met at some point. I had no 146 at the gate, then i was giving Tag 23 for tier 4 when we were called in but then some 2 guyz and a lady already seated before we came said someone already gave them 23 - 25 respectively, then after the documentation verification with the guy at the lobby, i was given another tag and this time it was 168. Finally in recounting what transpired during my submission, i remember i had a chat with two guyz while waiting to be called for biometrics, a fair guy ( going to manchester for a 2-week course or so) and the other guy is dark ( don't knw which school he's going but heard him say he came from Kaduna and he's paid part of his tuition...)

I don't knw if the above helps u figure out me... and lastly, i'm going to Uni of Southampton for MSc Cyber Security.

Ok wen I came in I met the fair lady, 2 guys and a dark lady on a short kinda hair and multicolored dress on the first row, and anoda slim lady I borrowed a pen from on the 2nd... I kept on asking questions tho, was given tag 31 initially den 193 for biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tewguy: 7:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Hey guys.today is the 15wd for me.no mails yet from teleperformance VI. Don't know if I should go there today or not? *thinking* any advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Hi guys

I'm new on nairaland. I need some advice on my visa issues. I submitted my documents on the 29th of august 2014 at TelePerformance Visa application center in Victoria island but up till now I haven't received my tier 4 visa yet and at d moment I have missed my course start date. Please can anyone advice me on wat to do? The status of my application on the tracking website hasn't changed since that date although I received a mail that day of d interview dat my documents has been sent for consideration. Does anyone know a number I can call to enquire on d status of my application? I need a response ASAP. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Please people,
What is the maximum amount of money a tier 4 student is suppose to travel with please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2014
am in the same boat with you submitted mine on the 27th of August, dont bother going there it's a waste of time i was there yesterday and they were not helpful, lets just pray next week the passport gets to them
Bonjovi09: Hi guys

I'm new on nairaland. I need some advice on my visa issues. I submitted my documents on the 29th of august 2014 at TelePerformance Visa application center in Victoria island but up till now I haven't received my tier 4 visa yet and at d moment I have missed my course start date. Please can anyone advice me on wat to do? The status of my application on the tracking website hasn't changed since that date although I received a mail that day of d interview dat my documents has been sent for consideration. Does anyone know a number I can call to enquire on d status of my application? I need a response ASAP. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2014
Bonjovi09: Hi guys

Call 014406203. Have your debit card ready because they will charge you 1.37 pounds per minute.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2014
I called and they said miy application has been processed
KazNaija:

Call 014406203. Have your debit card ready because they will charge you 1.37 pounds per minute.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2014
pls anyone in the house who submitted August 27th @ teleperformance
lay86: I called and they said miy application has been processed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hahyour: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
@justwise,spikecc and all other gurus in the house Gud am all..Please is it a most that we receive another call from someones Uk cos of my application,cos mine is a tier 4 General student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
Hahyour: @justwise,spikecc and all other gurus in the house Gud am all..Please is it a most that we receive another call from someones Uk cos of my application,cos mine is a tier 4 General student visa

What call? Interview from the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hahyour: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Hahyour: A cousin of mine was called up...from Shellfield ukasking him questions on his application,like who is the person that deposited d huge amount in his mother account statement,where his he gonna reside when he gets to the Uk..and lots more..thanks

justwise: What call? Interview from the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Yes oo @ justwise i was called few days ago myself by one of their ageny from uk asking me about my application he asked where my money come from and whatvtype of work is my parent doing he even ask what i have been doing ever since i finish skool..and the money deposited in my mums account was thru my mums PA coz he is the one that take care of her cimpanys money anf i hope i wibt be refuse thru this cause he asked me who he is
justwise:

What call? Interview from the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2014
@Hahyour

That is very uncommon because they don't normally make such call asking for the source of income and where an applicant plans to stay.....this is a sign of policy change as regards to source of finance.

That said...genuine students has nothing to worry about, you should be able to answer any question if called regarding your course or source of your money.

This sort of thing is triggered by suspicious activities by the applicant. The UK student visa is the easiest to obtain and the rules and requirements are straight forward but that will change pretty soon as people continue to abuse the financial requirement aspect of it because that is a big loophole in the system.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2014
maka11: Yes oo @ justwise i was called few days ago myself by one of their ageny from uk asking me about my application he asked where my money come from and whatvtype of work is my parent doing he even ask what i have been doing ever since i finish skool..and the money deposited in my mums account was thru my mums PA coz he is the one that take care of her cimpanys money anf i hope i wibt be refuse thru this cause he asked me who he is

Did you use your mum's company's account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2014
No i didnt i told her to open a new savings account in her name and she deposited the money there for the required 28days peroid but i am worried when he told me that why didnt i use her companys account and i told him i read the uk guidance rules for tier4 and i was told i cant use a companys account..and does it matter the name of the depositor?? Cause 3m no be money wey u fit dey carry up and down na baba justwise pls enlightnen me o cause the call scare me like hell
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by unistudent1: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2014
1. Has anyone applied in Abuja this week?? I know the VFS VAC there has been closed, but I heard recently that you can still apply in Metro Plaza. Is it legit?

2. Is Teleperformance taking over in Abuja?

3. Does anyone know the next available date for application in Ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2014
@ kemkem30: Have u applied yet?

kemkem30:
i read his question all wrong and i have corrected myself. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2014
As regards if I know anyone who applied at abj this,i don't and as regards applying at metro plaza,bro it ain't legit,be wary.
2.TP has taken over.

3. As at yesterday,26th, 29th and 30th left.

Hope this helps.

unistudent1: 1. Has anyone applied in Abuja this week?? I know the VFS VAC there has been closed, but I heard recently that you can still apply in Metro Plaza. Is it legit?

2. Is Teleperformance taking over in Abuja?

3. Does anyone know the next available date for application in Ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2014
maka11: No i didnt i told her to open a new savings account in her name and she deposited the money there for the required 28days peroid but i am worried when he told me that why didnt i use her companys account and i told him i read the uk guidance rules for tier4 and i was told i cant use a companys account..and does it matter the name of the depositor?? Cause 3m no be money wey u fit dey carry up and down na baba justwise pls enlightnen me o cause the call scare me like hell

How much was deposited into that account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:11am On Sep 19, 2014
sunvick: Please people,
What is the maximum amount of money a tier 4 student is suppose to travel with please.

I believe it should be below an equivalent of EURO10,000 else you will have to declare the amount to avoid being charged for Money Laundering. Ideally, you should avoid having too much money on you while travelling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2014
Pls is dere anybody that applied sept 12th at vfs abuja? Is dere any response yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2014
Ok now i've gotten my visa, when can I start "touching" my maintenance funds?

I mean when can I start using it such that it could fall below 9180?

Am I still required to present evidence of funds to anyone?

Thanks

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2014
soudagar06: UK PBS Tier 4 Student Visa

I have applied for the Student Visa on 03/09/2014 from Chennai India, I have chose the SMS services by payingextra money so far I received only one message that was on the day of application ' As the application has been forwarded to the British Commission; since then i haven't received any message. On the Unconditonal it was at 10/Sep/14 would be the University start date but on The CAS they have given extension till 22/09/14 but I haven't heard anything since yet from the Home Office. So I requested University to further extend my Joining and they have extended till 28/09/14. I requested University to infrom Home Office about the extension and they told me that they have dropped a mail.

I just want to know What is the status of the application am I IN or OUT.I am feeling so depressed Please someone help me to find out the what's exact status of application now, Please cry cry cry cry cry

You have to call UKVI directly so as to have first-hand information Here is their contact information if calling from India:

00 44 1243 218 117

NB: This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment. We can accept MasterCard credit and debit cards, and Visa credit and debit cards. You will not be charged until you are connected to an adviser. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. We are able to handle your calls in English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Urdu , Sinhalese or Gujarati.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.