Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865334 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Olisedinma: @ kemkem30: Have u applied yet?

Thanks for asking, my appointment is on tuesday the 23rd.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2014
IntroVAT: Ok now i've gotten my visa, when can I start "touching" my maintenance funds?

I mean when can I start using it such that it could fall below 9180?

Am I still required to present evidence of funds to anyone?

Thanks

Well, whatever reason you need to start "touching" your money, remember that money is meant for your fees and maintenance in the UK and you WILL need it. No one will ask you in Nigeria again but if you get to the POE in the UK, you MAY be asked of your funds and if for any reason they need verification, you may need to provide a recent statement. NOTE: The most important thing is in bold.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2014
IntroVAT: Ok now i've gotten my visa, when can I start "touching" my maintenance funds?

I mean when can I start using it such that it could fall below 9180?

Am I still required to present evidence of funds to anyone?

Thanks

Cc justwise

grin grin That money is yours 100%, what you do with it is nobody's business but proof that the money is available to you for use in the UK, so...the only place you 'maybe' asked randomly about that money is at the POE, just hold some cash...£1000 to £2000 cash and tell them(if asked) that you have the remaining on card or it will be transferred to you when you get to the UK, settled and open bank account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2014
Oh wow. I am short of words. I was thinking of going over to their office today to go talk to them. How many times have you been to their office and what is the response you have gotten? Besides when did you submit your application?
KazNaija:

I understand that it is because they are new. They just started processing this thing and this is peak student visa time. All their applications go to Sheffield whilst those of VFS go to Abuja where they are handled quickly and sent back. Now Sheffield gets from several countries so there is a lot for them to go through. Fortunately or unfortunately Tele are taking over the whole of Nigeria, Abuja has started, Ikeja will start at the end of this month so we are the guinea pigs for them to get the system right. Unfortunately, they are doing really poor at communication. It seems their website resigned since 1st of September and everyone since then has been unable to see anything showing that they have even applied. When you go there they are also not quite as professional as one would want. Honestly, the guy there smiles when telling you that your documents are not ready as if he is enjoying it. Apart from that moment he is frowning like he just took a sip of raw lime juice. They don't understand customer service and feel like they are doing you a favour. There is no suggestion box. They seem to be disorganised as you see courier packages dumped everywhere behind them. Just pray because right now you are at their mercy. I hope and wish someone at the British Home Office is reading this forum, Teleperformance is not doing their image any favours. Anywhere else in the world people would have staged a protest by now. But... this is Nigeria, where even the security feels he can advise you on visa issues!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2014
So my nerves had been worked since yesterday cos of my refusal history which i didn't have documents to back up, but then i wrote in the extra information box that i was underage and cant find the required documents

Let's forget the story
I just got the almighty approval mail "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.tpcontact.co.uk " i applied on the 12th at ikeja

Thanks to all them bosses in the house, your real time info had been worth it and my GOD has smiled on me, despite all the hiccups i scaled through
Sheffield Hallam Leggoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Is there a way we all that applied at teleperformance can storm their office together on a certain day and ask to talk to someone? There is power when 3 or more people go there together to complain about the same thing. Please I am ready to go there on Monday as it would be the 14th working day for me. I don't want to have to wait forever. Registration and resumption has already been missed.
Anyone interested in this should reply and let's have a head count.
If you can come with parents too that would be better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2014
2,700,000 the conversion rate on oanda.com...i hope i havent make any mistakecause i submitte all the necessary document and i even pay all my tuition fees i owe my school nothing and it was shown on my cas i just dont know why they will call me and ask me such questions..i know its okay to ask about the modules in which i replied him correctly but im schocked when he asked why i didnt usr my mums companys account
justwise:

How much was deposited into that account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2014
kennyrule: Is there a way we all that applied at teleperformance can storm their office together on a certain day and ask to talk to someone? There is power when 3 or more people go there together to complain about the same thing. Please I am ready to go there on Monday as it would be the 14th working day for me. I don't want to have to wait forever. Registration and resumption has already been missed.

Today is my own 21 working days and went there still not ready
I hate dis teleperformance pple....dey are big Bleep-ups
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Are you available for Monday? 21 working days is an awful long time. What did they say? What were you told when you tracked? This is quite frustrating.
daintydee:

Today is my own 21 working days and went there still not ready
I hate dis teleperformance pple....dey are big Bleep-ups
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2014
@ kenny u go chill ni oo mine is 20th WD today and u cant believe tha i jus reieved a call on wednesday telling mebto answer dome questions bla bla bla na 22working days na hin dem dey decide nowbif ones apllication is this long without hearing anything fron dem.
kennyrule: Is there a way we all that applied at teleperformance can storm their office together on a certain day and ask to talk to someone? There is power when 3 or more people go there together to complain about the same thing. Please I am ready to go there on Monday as it would be the 14th working day for me. I don't want to have to wait forever. Registration and resumption has already been missed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Lol. I no wan chill. Going to that teleperformance is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life.
maka11: @ kenny u go chill ni oo mine is 20th WD today and u cant believe tha i jus reieved a call on wednesday telling mebto answer dome questions bla bla bla na 22working days na hin dem dey decide nowbif ones apllication is this long without hearing anything fron dem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
OK, I have a few questions. Has anyone here received his visa from teleperformance? If there is anyone, how long did your visa take? Is it everyone here that applied at teleperformance that got a call from Sheffield?
I called the UK visa office and paid £19 for the entire conversation, still didn't get the right answer I wanted.
What questions did they ask that they couldn't ask in the interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Na xo and mind u they fit call u oo and pls make sure u know ur course module like davido's skelewu song grin
kennyrule: Lol. I no wan chill. Going to that teleperformance is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
What time does collection start at Vfs Ikeja? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
kennyrule: Are you available for Monday? 21 working days is an awful long time. What did they say? What were you told when you tracked? This is quite frustrating.

I called them on Monday nd dey told me a decision has bin made I should check my vac
So I went to deir office on Tuesday not ready today again not ready....I shuld wait till I get a mail.
I know when dey are tired of seeing my passport nd document dey will send it.
I wish I used ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
mhoreh: So my nerves had been worked since yesterday cos of my refusal history which i didn't have documents to back up, but then i wrote in the extra information box that i was underage and cant find the required documents

Let's forget the story
I just got the almighty approval mail "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.tpcontact.co.uk " i applied on the 12th at ikeja

Thanks to all them bosses in the house, your real time info had been worth it and my GOD has smiled on me, despite all the hiccups i scaled through
Sheffield Hallam Leggoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
please has anyone that got approval mail from ikeja on the 16th picked up their passport yet? what is the collection time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
2,700,000 naira and i use the oanda conversion rate there though the money is not 2,700,000 exactly i told her to round it up to that amount and my school isvin the inner london bouroughs or is it a crime to add few bucks, and ih have already pay all my tution fees pls it allowed??
justwise:

How much was deposited into that account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
has anyone that submitted on 12th at abuja recieved approval?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrule: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Are you available for Monday? Let us all get together and storm their office.
daintydee:

I called them on Monday nd dey told me a decision has bin made I should check my vac
So I went to deir office on Tuesday not ready today again not ready....I shuld wait till I get a mail.
I know when dey are tired of seeing my passport nd document dey will send it.
I wish I used ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princess211: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Royal34 have u picked ur passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
My Ogas in the house, help me oooo

I made a mistake in the cost of maintenance per month section, I wrote the the amount of week (322) instead of month (1288) but the overall maintenance (16744) for the duration of the course is correctly stated as specified on my sponsorship letter.

Do you think that will be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Saw this nw in my inbox. Does it mean my visa has been approved? Finally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
BossLadyCEO: Saw this nw in my inbox. Does it mean my visa has been approved? Finally

Yes, Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by soudagar06: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thank you for providing the number to Contact UK Vfs India. I have contacted them today and they told me that they haven't started of processing the application and asked me to wait as it takes 15 working days and i applied on 02/09/2014. University has given me a week extension but I wondering will the Home Office will ever work on application or they will start working at end of this and say Rejected.
Please someone help me with this as this the last extension that University has given me till 28/09/2014. I paid huge money from Indian Rupees to Pounds is too much.

Guys please help me. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Did anyone get email from teleperformance today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Yes, Congratulations
Hippy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
spikesC:

You don't have anything to worry about. Call your school very early tomorrow morning and try as much as possible for them to send your CAS same day or latest, Friday. It is all possible.

Make ur application this weekend and remember to select Abuja. If possible, you can get appointment date early next week and that will give you 3 weeks for processing which btw, Abuja processes within 2 weeks

Thank you so much @spikesC I followed ur advice. Made some deposit d day after ds post, got a new cas d wed after, booked at vfs abj for dt fri and flew to submit at vfs abj on fri 12th, and 2day 19Th I got my approval mail frm abj. Thk u so much. Much grace to yr elbow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
princess211: Royal34 have u picked ur passport

Not yet. Waiting till mon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tewguy: 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Missyrety]Did anyone get email from teleperformance today?[/quo te]

No I did not. Did you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
soudagar06: Thank you for providing the number to Contact UK Vfs India. I have contacted them today and they told me that they haven't started of processing the application and asked me to wait as it takes 15 working days and i applied on 02/09/2014. University has given me a week extension but I wondering will the Home Office will ever work on application or they will start working at end of this and say Rejected.
Please someone help me with this as this the last extension that University has given me till 28/09/2014. I paid huge money from Indian Rupees to Pounds is too much.

Guys please help me. Thanks

Honestly? There is little or nothing you nor anyone here can do. I'll tell you this: Calm down and hope (or pray if you believe in God) that all turns out fine in your favour. If you haven't heard from them by 24th Sept (16th working day), call them back. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
perfect08: My Ogas in the house, help me oooo

I made a mistake in the cost of maintenance per month section, I wrote the the amount of week (322) instead of month (1288) but the overall maintenance (16744) for the duration of the course is correctly stated as specified on my sponsorship letter.

Do you think that will be a problem?

Have you submitted your application (documents and interview)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.