Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again (17223 Views)

Propaganda Alert! Boko Haram Cornered! Enemies Of Nigeria Are At Work Again! / Multiple Bomb Blasts In Northern Nigerian City Of Maiduguri Injure Five People / Chief Imam Of Abuja National Mosque Mobilizes Northern Nigerian Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2007
judaism, scienthology, hindu, harekhrisna and all other forms of believe
GOD KNOWS WHY HE DID IT LIKE THAT
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2007
Anybody that can wipe their arse with pages of a book is a savage.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2007
denex:

Anybody that can wipe their arse with pages of a book is a savage.

What about sleeping with a 9 year old and telling everyone you are an[i] uswa hasana[/i](an excellent model of conduct)?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
@I-man

you mean like Warren Jeffs and his 10,000 members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
grafikdon:

It is difficult for me to understand because I know that the Muslim population in Senegal can't be anything less than %95, yet they don't pick up arms and go on rampage whenever. My Senegalese Friends who are Muslims always shudder at the level of religious intolerance exhibited by the few clueless zealots in the North, according to them; those people must be reading a different version of the Quran and smoking adulterated marijuana while at it.

Your senegalese friends are being economical with the truth. the key here is that in their country, 9.5 out of every 10 Senegalese is muslim. If they went on rampage whom will they kill?

It is just like saying there are no religious riots in Saudi Arabia, it is because there are no christians to kill and the few that exist are busy hiding underground.

Look at nations where christians/non muslims are a sizeable number - Nigeria, Sudan, Lebanon!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
9.5 out of every Senegalese is muslim. If they went on rampage whom will they kill?
Hmm, the greater the inbalance, the easier it is to kill the minorities, because there'll be no resistance. Isn't the north like that?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
denex:

@I-man

you mean like Warren Jeffs and his 10,000 members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?

For 2 yrs Jeffs was on the FBI's most wanted list, he is presently facing criminal charges that will definitely see him spending the rest of his life in jail. Where are the muslims who are jailing child abusers? Rather they justify their perfidy by pointing to that disgrace of a "prophet".

the bible EXPRESSLY DECLARES that all church elders SHOULD BE HUSBANDS OF ONE WIFE. Warren Jeffs cannot claim to be reading the same bible as me.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

Hmm, the greater the inbalance, the easier it is to kill the minorities, because there'll be no resistance. Isn't the north like that?

Do those minorities constitute a sizeable number? Why would 95 people be bothered about 5 people whom they can easily subjugate?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Seun(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2007
So in Lagos Muslims are peaceful because they are in the minority.
And in Senegal they are peaceful because they are in the majority??
It's an interesting theory. It needs to subjected to extensive testing.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
Isn't it better to just wipe out a weaker adversary?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2007
denex:

@I-man

Touche!Birds of the same feather!-Jeffs and Mohammed.I wonder how many people on NL see Jeffs as an excellent model of conduct
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

Most people in Senegal belong to the Tijanniya and Mourides brotherhood.They teach an Afro-centric relatively moderate form of Islam.Let's not pretend its an oasis of peace.There is conflict with the predominantly non-Muslim region of Casamance-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casamance_ConflictThere was a report once about Christians in a church beaten up for being too noisy by Muslims.Other than that,its a relatively tolerant country.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2007
Maybe they are not producing enough oil or heroine to motivate the CIA into starting something over there.

Let's just wait and see.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
Na Igbo dey worry this man grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ochocinco1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2007
I-man

The conflict in Senegal is a Separatist Conflict, somewhat like the conflict
in Mali where the Muslim Touaregs attempted to secede.

Senegal is a very tolerant state, having a Christian President for twenty years.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ishmael(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

and who has told you that there are more muslims in the north of nigeria than christians? where did you get your statistics from, seun??
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by iykrion(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2007
denex:

Isn't it better to just wipe out a weaker adversary?

Words of a cruelly rapacious bigot. sad
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
SOURCE OF MUSLIM VIOLENCE

Qur'an 9:73 O Prophet, strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be firm against them. And their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.

Note: A demon taught Mo-ham-mad to strive against non-Muslims since they will all be in hell.

Qur'an 16:110 Then surely your Lord, to those who flee after they are persecuted, then struggle hard and are patient, surely your Lord after that is Protecting, Merciful.

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims not to give up in striving against non-Muslims.

Qur'an 25:52 So obey not the disbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims to continue striving against non-Muslims though defeated.

Qur'an 29:6 And whoever strives hard, strives for himself. Surely Allah is Self-sufficient, above the need of His creatures.[/color][color=#990000][/color]

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims that it is for their own good to strive against non-Muslims.

[color=#990000]Qur'an 17:33 And kill not the soul which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause.

Note: Mo-ham-mad did not define "just cause" yet he advocates striving against non-Muslims.

Qur'an 8:39 And fight with them until there is no more persecution, and all religions are for Allah. But if they desist, then surely Allah is Seer of what they do.

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims to keep fighting until everyone honored Allah.

Qur'an 9:5 So when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free. Surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims never to let someone like a orthodox Hindu live.

Qur'an 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which Allah and His Messenger have forbidden, nor follow the Religion of Truth, out of those who have been given the Book (Bible), until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Note: Mo-ham-mad taught Muslims to conqueror all Christians and make them their slaves.

Qur'an 9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. These are the words of their mouths. They imitate the sayings of those who disbelieved before. Allah's curse be on them! How they are turned away!
[/color][color=#990000][/color]
Note: Mo-ham-mad cursed Jews and Christians.

[color=#990000]Qur'an 9:123 O you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you and let them find firmness in you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty.

Note: It is the duty of Muslims to fight against all non-Muslims even their neighbors.

Any doubts why they kill?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2007
The attitude of Islam toward using violence against non-Muslims is clear. Regarding pagans, the Quran says, "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful" (Surah 9:5). This amounts to giving pagans a convert-or-die choice.

Regarding violence against Jews and Christians, the Quran says, "Fight against those to whom the Scriptures were given as believe in neither God nor the last day, who do not forbid what God and his messenger have forbidden, and who do not embrace the true faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued" (Surah 9:29). In other words, violence is to be used against Jews and Christians unless they are willing to pay a special tax and live in subjection to Muslims as second-class citizens. For them the choice is convert, die, or live in subjection.

The Quran also has stern words for Muslims who would be slow and reluctant to attack unbelievers: "Believers, why is it that when you are told: ‘March in the cause of God,’ you linger slothfully in the land? Are you content with this life in preference to the life to come? . . . If you do not go to war, he [God] will punish you sternly, and will replace you by other men" (Surah 9:38-39).

And, of course, there is the promise of reward in the afterlife for waging jihad in this one: "Believers! Shall I point out to you a profitable course that will save you from a woeful scourge? Have faith in God and his messenger, and fight for God’s cause with your wealth and with your persons. . . . He will forgive you your sins and admit you to gardens watered by running streams; he will lodge you in pleasant mansions in the gardens of Eden. This is the supreme triumph" (Surah 61:10-12).

The prospect of modifying Islam’s doctrine regarding violence is problematic. Although some Muslims in history have tried to "spiritualize" the Quran’s declarations regarding violence, there is always a countervailing fundamentalist push to return to the sources of Islam and take them literally.

Indeed, this reaction is what characterizes the Wahhabite movement that dominates Saudia Arabia and inspired Osama bin Laden’s ideology. Philosopher Roger Scruton notes that in the Wahhabite view, "whoever can read the Quran can judge for himself in matters of doctrine."

http://www.catholic.com/library/endless_jihad.asp
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2007
Your senegalese friends are being economical with the truth. the key here is that in their country, 9.5 out of every Senegalese is muslim. If they went on rampage whom will they kill?

It is just like saying there are no religious riots in Saudi Arabia, it is because there are no christians to kill and the few that exist are busy hiding underground.

Look at nations where christians/non muslims are a sizeable number - Nigeria, Sudan, Lebanon!

Very logical.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by texazzpete(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2007
ishmael:

and who has told you that there are more muslims in the north of nigeria than christians? where did you get your statistics from, seun??

Yet another reason why Paraga consumption must be banned! Any ape knows that there are more muslims than Christians in Northern Nigeria
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Mariory(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2007
My God this thread has me laughing so hard. Good times on Nairaland. grin

Seun:

Lmao! What a theory indeed! grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Mariory(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2007

Your senegalese friends are being economical with the truth. the key here is that in their country, 9.5 out of every Senegalese is muslim. If they went on rampage whom will they kill?

Perhaps that's because the Saudis will come down hard on those who go around killing non-Muslims.

Since when have Christians been a substantial number in Sudan?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2007
Where are all our professors of Islamic violence. Why don't you guys explain the inference that Seun has drawn from your several postulations about the population ratio of muslims and its proportionality to relative peace.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Afam(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2007
denex:

Where are all our professors of Islamic violence. Why don't you guys explain the inference that Seun has drawn from your several postulations about the population ratio of muslims and its proportionality to relative peace.

They have disappeared, that is what they do when facts mess them up. Na today?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2007
@nwando,
what I see from your post is that you are a mischieve maker.
I dont need to go far.
JUST READ YOUR BIBLE [THE BOOK OF NUMBERS] YOU WILL SEE SIMILAR PASSAGES.
and dont tell me I cant understand becous am not born again. grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2007
osereka:

@nwando,
I don't need to go far.
and don't tell me I can't understand becous am not born again. grin

Now let's quote from the very words of Mohammed and Jesus and see what they stood for.
You go first grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2007
osereka:

@nwando,
I don't need to go far.

and don't tell me I can't understand becous am not born again. grin

Thank you!  Someone I can agree with!  They are all the same things written in different languages!  So what the bru-ha-ha is all about is what I fail to fathom.  I think I need more help and that is why I am here.  Somebody please help.  People will kill blindly for what they do not understand and it cuts across most religions--as a manifestation of the quest for dominance and relevance! Period.

nwando:

Now let's quote from the very words of Muhammad and Jesus and see what they stood for.
You go first grin

Tee! hee! hee! hee! grin

We are waiting to see how different the words of Moha and Jah are.  Please go on nwando!  We are listening--or should I say reading. tongue
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ishmael(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2007
texazzpete:

Yet another reason why Paraga consumption must be banned! Any ape knows that there are more muslims than Christians in Northern Nigeria

I just hope you've not taken some paraga too. Where did you get your statistics from to show that we have more muslims than christians in the north? You could as well say that we have more christians than muslims in the south-west of nigeria. As far as i know religion was not included in the last census. Or is it because the muslims in kano and other places are quick to rising up?? kaduna and jos are in the north check out those places first before you talk.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2007
ishmael:

I just hope you've not taken some paraga too. Where did you get your statistics from to show that we have more muslims than christians in the north? You could as well say that we have more christians than muslims in the south-west of nigeria. As far as i know religion was not included in the last census. Or is it because the muslims in kano and other places are quick to rising up?? kaduna and jos are in the north check out those places first before you talk.

Must something be in print before you allow your own common sense to kick in?
kaduna a Jos are just two states in the North. Why didn't you mention Katsina, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Sokoto, Jigawa, Borno, etc?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by chukz4real(m): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2007
I lived in the North for nearly 8 years. Most of these religious crisis are caused by well to do muslims, I mean those in government. The only advice is for the "christians" to always get prepared. When I was over there, I pay attention to Sallat, whenever it is called on odd hours, I pick up my credidentials and get myself prepared for anything,

Its so bad, if not of our faith, I would have suggested arms for arms,
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by chukz4real(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2007
Muslims violence is not just all about population. Believe it or not, the population of Chrisitans in Kaduna state is far much higher than that of Muslims in there. But they still fight and go like dat. They don't mind taking their entire household for their so called Holy War with the belief that whoever dies there goes to heaven, where they have rivers of beer, virgins to sleep with and so on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

FG targets one million jobs through growth employment project / Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike / Pressure Mounts On Buhari To Sack Monguno, Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.