Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again (17221 Views)

Propaganda Alert! Boko Haram Cornered! Enemies Of Nigeria Are At Work Again! / Multiple Bomb Blasts In Northern Nigerian City Of Maiduguri Injure Five People / Chief Imam Of Abuja National Mosque Mobilizes Northern Nigerian Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2007
Afam:

@davidylan,

The only sensible thing you have done in your whole life (apart from not saying no to education) is to support Arsenal (based on th Wenger Knows part of your signature).

Or, are you being paid to support Arsenal?

Afam!!  grin grin What has my club support got to do with this thread?  grin grin grin cheesy
How low can you sink?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2007
my brother grafkidon here we were talking of the northern soldiers of allah when an intelligent nairalander announced that Saudi and Dubai were great places for Christians,obviously not knowing that UAE is not your typical Muslim sharialand and moreso dubai whose population is 80% immigrant population.

anyway back to topic
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
nwando:

are you telling me ?

personally I plan on visiting Dubai soon.
It is nothing like Saudi.
at least no sharia policemen would arrest me and force me into a burqua

I've heard so much from colleagues that the place is spectacular.
Dubai and Maysia are on my "to travel " list.
I wouldn't set foot in Saudi even if they paid me to go.

http://www.magicalurbanism.com/?p=125

Yes nwando, you are right. I have visited Dubai and it is nothing like Saudi Arabia at all. It is spectacular and has the only 7-star hotel in the world.  Zero crime rate almost.  Even when you have the crime it is caused by the foreigners who are guests not the citizens.  It is a beautiful place where with no concept of "poverty" since the wealth is evenly distributed and no one has any cause to be envious of the neighbour. They people are not greedy and are not interested in what happens outside the world but concentrate on themselves. The place was a desert land transformed into a paradise with the same oil Nigeria has. They have recognized that their oil will soon be finished and have started working on tourism to keep their economy afloat. I can compare them to Switzerland or Canada--the best countries in the world that know how to mind "their business"!

How many times have you heard about religious or social uprising in UAE? Is this not the country that the American government wanted to contract some You-S ports to some time ago?  Not every where you see muslims that have a jihad.  Once again, I cannot over emphasize the point that wherever you see any type of uprising, it is as a result of a total break down of law and order in that society.  Because they can get away with it.  It has nothing to do with religion or economics.

@Laudate.

You have quite a reputation I see? tongue
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Once again, I cannot over emphasize the point that wherever you see any type of uprising, i[b]t is as a result of a total break down of law and order in that society. Because they can get away with it. It has nothing to do with religion or economics.[/b]

That is putting the cart before the horse.Religious and economic issues do lead to total breakdown of law and order.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
I-man:

That is putting the cart before the horse.Religious and economic issues do lead to total breakdown of law and order.

That is true--but only if the law allows them to get away with it. Many countries in the world have economic crises and I do not see them use religion as an excuse to attack one another, do you?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

That is true--but only if the law allows them to get away with it. Many countries in the world have economic crises and I do not see them use religion as an excuse to attack one another, do you?

It differs on a case by case basis,however,many of the countries with desperate poverty,do have religious crisis.There is a lot of religious violence that is under the news radar.Most Non-Nigerians probably didn't hear about the events in Kano.Religious violence is actually more widespread than most people realise.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2007
I-man:

It differs on a case by case basis, however,many of the countries with desperate poverty,do have religious crisis. There is a lot of religious violence that is under the news radar.Most Non-Nigerians probably didn't hear about the events in Kano.Religious violence is actually[b] more widespread than most people realise.[/b]

Agreed!  It is still an excuse to take matters into one's hands.  In the You-S for example---even in the poorest neighbourhoods you have drug wars and gang wars.  These are different reasons why people take the laws into their hands.  In Nigeria it is because people are not held accountable for their anti-social actions.

My point is that there are lots of christain and muslim societies without religious crises. In Nigeria it is just sheer lawlessness not a matter of religion.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2007
and the point is that in most of these places Islam is the culprit.
they can't even get along with themselves let alone other people.

We cry about Muslims killing Chrisrians and burning Churches how about Shittes gunned down in mosques while praying by people who hold the same 5 pillars they tell us about.
If it had been jews or Christians, even Muslims in Nigeria will start their rampage.

How come you don't hear them talking about their own sectarian killings,from what I see,these deaths are nothing compared to a silly cartoon by a comic.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

Perhaps you were only dreaming when you told your fellow ignoramus, richyBlack, to lend me contact lenses to read his imbecillic post.

Oh I see. . . .that was your definition of a personal attack. wink Hmmn. . . .loosen up. undecided It was not a personal attack, unless you choose to interprete it as one, and it was still far more polite than the nasty epithets you had unleashed on several other people in this thread. Oh by the way, have you forgotten that you used the word 'numbskull' when reffering to me?

davidylan:

Did you read the Saudi customs warning on carrying religious items that are not islamic?

you keep parroting the same hogwash. Can a Virgin-Nigeria airline fly into the US without obeying US custom rules? You have not heard any report of bibles being siezed aboard such planes because most of you are ignorant of happenings around you. Try and broaden your horizon and stop living in cuckoo land were political correctness is the new language.

And kindly re-read my post with some measure of understanding, without letting your usual anti-Muslim hatred blind your mind. My previous post focused more on Dubai than Saudi, and to the best of my knowledge, Christians are not dead on shot on arrival at Saudi or Dubai airports. They are persecuted for their faith, and whipped when they practise it openly or publicly, but are not killed as frequently, or to the same extent as in some far Northern states in Nigeria.

For the record, what I stated was:
laudate: Quote from Laudate post no.« #139 on: October 06, 2007, 06:33 PM »
@ Davidylan,
There are several oil workers from different Western countries who are resident in Saudi and carry their Bibles with them. There are also several Nigerian and African business people who go to Dubai very often and carry their bibles with them. Am not aware those bibles have been seized or confiscated. What a majority of Arabs frown upon is the open proselyting or attempts to win new converts to the christian religion from members of their own population. Don't forget that the Dubai & the UAE in general is a huge tourist destination now. Am not sure many bibles are currently being seized from Christian tourists and Christian workers, in that country.

The part in bold type was my main focus. As for the oil workers from Western countries who are expatriates, if they do not carry their bibles with them, (even though its' against Saudi law), from where do the Saudi authorities then get those Bibles that they seize on their soil?

The article below talks about Christian persecution in Saudi, but also makes another point:

Of these charges, only the last was true - Mr O'Connor was in possession of Bibles, including one in Arabic, for use in his Bible study for expatriates of different nationalities, which met in his home. Under Saudi law, expatriates are allowed to meet privately and discreetly for religious practice
http://www.human-rights-and-christian-persecution.org/saudi-arabia.html
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2007
nwando:

and the point is that in most of these places Islam is the culprit.
they can't even get along with themselves let alone other people.

We cry about Muslims killing Chrisrians and burning Churches how about Shittes gunned down in mosques while praying by people who hold the same 5 pillars they tell us about.
If it had been jews or Christians, even Muslims in Nigeria will start their rampage.

How come you don't hear them talking about their own sectarian killings,from what I see,these deaths are nothing compared to a silly cartoon by a comic.

I disagree sha.  Islam is not the culprit---Islam is used as the excuse.  Islam did not kill christians but was used by some people who probably never even read the Koran to kill christians and we fall for this lie over and over again.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Agreed!  It is still an excuse to take matters into one's hands.  In the You-S for example---even in the poorest neighbourhoods you have drug wars and gang wars.  These are different reasons why people take the laws into their hands.  In Nigeria it is because people are not held accountable for their anti-social actions.

My point is that there are lots of christain and muslim societies without religious crises. In Nigeria it is just sheer lawlessness not a matter of religion.

Where I don't seem to agree is this.
Islam was primarily spread by the sword.
I agree hunger can bring out the worst in man but Islam is a religion that tolerates no other and when a holy book commands one to kill off others,
that is a dangerous thing.

We should thank God that most Muslims are not like Mohammed and don't aspire to be.

If it were so,we would be in deep trouble.
He was a very violent killer and preached so
and no one should ever want to be like him.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by grafikdon: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2007
Bottom line is to send a very strong message to the religious zealots. . . round them up and execute them for murder, I am pretty sure that will send a strong message. Unfortunately those who will put the zealots in order turn and look the other way, which I believe makes them as guilty as the brainless murderers. Someone suggested the Christian should vacate the troubled spots in the North but I don't think that is a bright idea. Every Nigerian has the right to settle down in any part of the country, besides some of the murdered and butchered Christians are Northerners so why would a man run away from his father's land because of a handful of brain dead ''Allah Arched Bar'' murderers?

Assuming everyones decided to let them be by moving away from them, what really makes you think they won't take their 'Jihad' down to the South anytime a Muslim from Bangladesh draws a picture of Muhammad with bikini and thong? I have noticed a pattern on Nairaland; everyone who condemns the senseless killing of innocent Nigerians in the North is labeled a "Anti North''. We waste our trying to figure if the killers were yelling 'Allahu Arched bar'' Or "Otito Dili Jesu'' while cutting down Innocent Christians like grasses. . . obviously, some of us are not disturbed by this display of 1440 style barbarism in 2007.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2007
laudate:

And kindly re-read my post with some measure of understanding without letting your usual anti-Muslim hatred blind your mind. My previous post focused more on Dubai than Saudi, and to the best of my knowledge, Christians are not dead on shot on arrival at Saudi or Dubai airports. They are persecuted for their faith, and whipped when they practise it openly or publicly, but are not killed as frequently, or to the same extent as in some far Northern states in Nigeria.

I have read your post more than 5 times now. your post DID NOT focus exclusively on dubai, you are simply using that as a get out of jail free card when you ran into problems with your Saudi example.
Dubai is primarily a tourist destination, to promulgate laws like those in Saudi would effectively kill tourism there. At least in that regard the people of Dubai are smart.

christians are not shot dead on arrival at Saudi airports because just in case you were unaware you cant wear your religion as a badge on your forehead. they are persecuted for their faith, whipped and sometimes deported. . . is that more acceptable than killing?

laudate:

for the record, what I stated was:
The part in bold type was my main focus. As for the oil workers from Western countries who are expatriates, if they do not carry their bibles with them, (even though its' against Saudi law), from where do the Saudi authorities then get those Bibles that they seize on their soil?

The Saudi authorities do not have bible detectors so if you hid it in a micro-chip they would have no idea. The mere fact that it is a law in that country is enough evidence of discrimination!

laudate:

The article below talks about Christian persecution in Saudi, but also makes another point: http://www.human-rights-and-christian-persecution.org/saudi-arabia.html

that article made no point at all that helps this issue. Meeting "discreetly" is synonymous to "you can meet as long as you are not caught". If indeed freedom of religion existed in Saudi Arabia, why would i have to hide in my basement to bless my food?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2007
nwando:

Where I don't seem to agree is this.
Islam was primarily spread by the sword.
I agree hunger can bring out the worst in man but Islam is a religion that tolerates no other and when a holy book commands one to kill off others,
that is a dangerous thing.

We should thank God that most Muslims are not like Muhammad and don't aspire to be.

Okay!  You  and this your Muhammad!  Please stop attacking Islam and Muhammad and concetrate on how we can bring these trouble makers to book that make life unbearable for all citizens by using Islam as an excuse.

grafikdon:

Bottom line is to send a very strong message to the religious zealots. . . round them up and execute them for murder, I am pretty sure that will send a strong message.

Unfortunately those who will put the zealots in order turn and look the other way, which I believe makes them as guilty as the brainless murderers. Someone suggested the Christian should vacate the troubled spots in the North but I don't think that is a bright idea.

Every Nigerian has the right to settle down in any part of the country, besides some of the murdered and butchered Christians are Northerners so why would a man run away from his father's land because of a handful of brain dead ''Allah Arched Bar'' murderers?

Assuming everyones decided to let them be by moving away from them, what really makes you think they won't take their 'Jihad' down to the South anytime a Muslim from Bangladesh draws a picture of Muhammad with bikini and thong?

I have noticed a pattern on Nairaland; everyone who condemns the senseless killing of innocent Nigerians in the North is labeled a "Anti North''. We waste our trying to figure if the killers were yelling 'Allahu Arched bar'' Or "Otito Dili Jesu'' while cutting down Innocent Christians like grasses. . . obviously, some of us are not disturbed by this display of 1440 style barbarism in 2007.

Thank you! Nothing else to add! Exacrly, turning a blind eye to harrassment of fellow citizens because the government benefits from the chaos as a good distraction device. This keeps Nigerians in a constant war with religious and tribal groups so the people can never question what is going on with them. And we keep falling for it time after time. What a pity!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ almondjoy,let me show you some of the words of Mohammed,the revered prophet of Islam.

Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not). Vol. 4:196

Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57

A Muslim must not be killed if he kills a non-Muslim.

Mohammed said, " No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel). Vol. 9:50

Mohammed said to the Jews, "You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle (Mohammed) and I want to expel you from this land (The Arabian Peninsula), so, if anyone owns property, he is permitted to sell it." Vol. 4:392

Mohammed's last words at his deathbed were: "Turn the pagans (non-Muslims) out of the Arabian Peninsula." Vol

Mohammed started out preaching peace and love when he hadn't much following but as his supporters grew,the guy did a 180 and started killing like crazy,most of his killings were innocent citizens who did he nothing.
He killed the men and took their wives and properties and shared them amongst his followers.

Now what kind of an example is that?

Islamists who kill give you reasons from Mohammed why they do and they are correct.
He did the exact same things and to say they never read the Koran is wrong.
The hadiths and koran support such actions.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Okay! You and this your Muhammad! Please stop attacking Islam and Muhammad and concetrate on how we can bring these trouble makers to book that make life unbearable for all citizens by using Islam as an excuse.

We live in a culture where to tell the truth is to be classified as an islamophobe. We live in a period where we want to find every excuse not to see any wrong with islam even when its adherents openly tell us they are coming to slit our throats.
We live in a culture where to declare that "islam is violence" is met with violence by those who are perpetually enraged at being declared as not peaceful.

We live in a culture where our leaders cannot bring culprits to book because to do so would be to accept that islam is the problem.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ grafikdon,thank you for that post.
anytime anyone speaks out about Mohammed and his foot soldiers you are called a hater and all that.
Then some concerned Christian for Allah CCCA would come up and talk  rubbish.
Mohammedans would come in and talk how Islam is peace.
This kind peace that's sending tens of thousands to an early grave scares me.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

I have read your post more than 5 times now. your post DID NOT focus exclusively on dubai, you are simply using that as a get out of jail free card when you ran into problems with your Saudi example.
Dubai is primarily a tourist destination, to promulgate laws like those in Saudi would effectively kill tourism there. At least in that regard the people of Dubai are smart.

christians are not shot dead on arrival at Saudi airports because just in case you were unaware you can't wear your religion as a badge on your forehead. they are persecuted for their faith, whipped and sometimes deported. . . is that more acceptable than killing?

No one is looking for a jail-free card, although you might be needing one soon. My post did not focus exclusively on Dubai, neither did it focus exclusively on Saudi, so what is your point?

And if Christians are not killed, but are persecuted for their faith, whipped and deported, isn't that still better than the carnage in some far Northern parts of Nigeria? Or are you suggesting that killing them outright, would be more acceptable? shocked

You never even acknowledged the fact that I spoke about Dubai initially, when you were ranting about my using Saudi as an example. Yet, you claimed to have read my post more than five times!! Jeez! Why am I not convinced?

davidylan:

The Saudi authorities do not have bible detectors so if you hid it in a micro-chip they would have no idea. The mere fact that it is a law in that country is enough evidence of discrimination!

that article made no point at all that helps this issue. Meeting "discreetly" is synonymous to "you can meet as long as you are not caught". If indeed freedom of religion existed in Saudi Arabia, why would i have to hide in my basement to bless my food?

I never for once in any of my posts used Saudi as an example of a place, where freedom of religion thrives. All I stated in one of my previous posts, was that Saudi, Dubai & a few other nations are Islamic countries. And Christians don't lose their lives in such places, as much as they do in some parts of the North, down here. So why don't we research that? Your partner-in-hate nwando did not go through my post with an open mind, before she launched brickbats in my direction. You merely followed suit. Na wa o! tongue
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2007
nwando:

@ almondjoy,let me show you some of the words of Muhammad,the revered prophet of Islam.
Muhammad said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not). Vol. 4:196

Muhammad said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57

A Muslim must not be killed if he kills a non-Muslim.

Muhammad said, " No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel). Vol. 9:50

Muhammad said to the Jews, "You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad) and I want to expel you from this land (The Arabian Peninsula), so, if anyone owns property, he is permitted to sell it." Vol. 4:392

Muhammad's last words at his deathbed were: "Turn the pagans (non-Muslims) out of the Arabian Peninsula." Vol

Muhammad started out preaching peace and love when he hadn't much following but as his supporters grew,the guy did a 180 and started killing like crazy,most of his killings were innocent citizens who did he nothing.
He killed the men and took their wives and properties and shared them amongst his followers.

Now what kind of an [b]example is that?

Islamists who kill give you reasons from Muhammad why they do and they are correct.
He did the exact same things and to say they never read the Koran is wrong.
The hadiths and koran support such actions.[/b]

I know all this nwando.  But where does it stop?  Muhammed is gone and some people have decided to use a "concept" called Islam to terrorize their neighbours and you expect me to hang on the a mere word "Islam" when the real culprits keep committing the same crimes over and over again in the name of some "Islam"?  Just lock about 50 of them up in Nigeria with some serious eye-opening experiences and let me see how many will come and preach in the name of Islam in the streets!
davidylan:

We live in a culture where to tell the truth is to be classified as an islamophobe. We live in a period where we want to find every excuse not to see any wrong with islam even when its adherents openly tell us they are coming to slit our throats.
We live in a culture where to declare that "islam is violence" is met with violence by those who are perpetually enraged at being declared as not peaceful.

We live in a culture where our leaders cannot bring culprits to book because to do so would be to accept that islam is the problem.

People are violent in Islam, christianity, or whatever.  It is the type of people they are not the religion ther preach!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

I disagree sha.  Islam is not the culprit---Islam is used as the excuse.  Islam did not kill christians but was used by some people who probably never even read the Koran to kill christians and we fall for this lie over and over again.

Let us hope some people will understand this basic concept. Seun asked another question in the preceding pages.
Seun:
Quote from: Seun
So in Lagos Muslims are peaceful because they are in the minority.
And in Senegal they are peaceful because they are in the majority??
It's an interesting theory. It needs to subjected to extensive testing.

Maybe nwando will give us an answer soon with all her knowledge of the Qu'aran & the hadith!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

we all talked about the innocent teacher slaughtered in Gombe for "desecrating a Koran)
what happened?
The governor and state paid for a funeral ,gave money to compensate the family.
But what was done to ensure this never happens again?
were they taught the simple rule of tolerance
where they told that this was against the law ?

Remember that the punishment for desecration is death,according to stupid sharia.

We are not dealing with people that are capable of thinking like people do.
The Koran is their law and the Koran says kill.so who do you expect them to obey?
admitting these so called students were wrong would mean to admit the Koran is wicked
and it really is.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

People are violent in Islam, christianity, or whatever.  It is the type of people they are not the religion ther preach!

yawn . . . remind me when next you meet a christian suicide bomber.
The same recycled propaganda.

Laudate, you make a lot of noise saying essentially nothing. Christians are whipped, deported, persecuted, but they are not killed bla bla bla - so we should all jump up and congratulate the Saudis?

Yawn!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by FSU: 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2007
IS REPRIEVE ALREADY COMING THE WAY OF THE VICTIMS? GOD HELP US

Supreme Court okays death sentences on two Islamic militants

By Tobi Soniyi, Abuja

The Supreme Court has confirmed the death sentences passed on two Islamic militants, Abubakar Dan Shalla and Musa Yaro, who in company of others, slaughtered another Muslim for allegedly insulting Prophet Muhammed.
In two judgments delivered on Friday, a panel of five justices of the court, comprising Justices Sylvester Onu, Adesola Oguntade, Mariam Mukhtar, Walter Onnoghen, and Tanko Muhammad, unanimously turned down the appeal of two out of the six militants who killed the deceased, Alhaji Abdullar Umaru.

The event leading to the killing took place on July 14, 1999 in Randali Village in Kebbi State.

According to the lead judgment delivered by Justice Oguntade, on that fateful day, word went round that Umaru had insulted Prophet Muhammed, which made some militants, including the two condemned persons, pass judgment on him that he must die.

They went to the village where the deceased was, arrested him and slaughtered him by slicing his throat.

“As adherents to the teachings of the Holy Quran, the appellant and the other accused persons accepted that they had a duty to kill the deceased as contained in the Holy Quoran.”

They were consequently arrested and arraigned before a high court in Birnin-Kebbi on a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, abatement and culpable homicide. This is contrary to sections 97, 85 and 22 (a) of the Penal Code.

When the trial commenced, the six accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges even though they admitted to killing the deceased.

They were accordingly found guilty and sentenced to death on January 19, 2000 by the trial court.

According to Justice Oguntade, “The manner in which the appellant and the other accused persons behaved during their trial by not calling evidence to deny the allegations against them, and by admitting that they killed the deceased show without doubt that they laboured under a notion that they had a duty under Islamic injunction to kill the deceased.”

They were convicted and sentenced to death. Two of the six convicts appealed to the Court of Appeal and lost.

They again appealed to the Supreme Court, claiming that the defence of justification and provocation should have availed them.

In rejecting the argument, the Supreme Court noted that the insulting words allegedly uttered by the deceased were not stated to enable the trial judge to know that they were capable of provoking the convicts and justifying their actions.

Justice Oguntade said, “In the circumstances of this case, since the trial court was not told the words alleged to have been uttered by the deceased or the act he did which were contrary to the injunction of Islam as contained in the Holy Quran, and which justified his killing, the trial court could not be criticised for not engaging in a futile speculation.

“In any case, even on the assumption, (although without proof), that the deceased had in some way done any thing or uttered any word which was considered insulting to the Holy Prophet Mohammed, was it open to the appellant and others with him to constitute themselves into a court of law to pronounce the death sentence on another citizen?

“Plainly, this was jungle justice at its most primitive and callous level.

“The facts of this case are rather chilling and leave one wondering why the appellant and others with him committed this most barbaric act.”
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

Laudate, you make a lot of noise saying essentially nothing. Christians are whipped, deported, persecuted, but they are not killed bla bla bla - so we should all jump up and congratulate the Saudis?

Yawn!

Most armed robbers in Nigeria practice Islam I believe or most of the looting 'born again" Presidents, ministers and governors I believe that have killed people with misppropriation of funds and half executed projects in Nigeria. Is it only when you carry a knife or a gun in the name of Islam that you have "bombed" someone. More people die from the hands of non religious attacks than form religious ones in Nigeria and allover the world so I have to yawn at your suicide bombing tale too!

Yawns! Have a good afternoon!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Most armed robbers in Nigeria practice Islam I believe or most of the looting 'born again" Presidents, ministers and governors I believe that have killed people with misppropriation of funds and half executed projects in Nigeria. Is it only when you carry a knife or a gun in the name of Islam that you have "bombed" someone. More people die from the hands of non religious attacks than form religious ones in Nigeria and allover the world so I have to yawn at your suicide bombing tale too!

Yawns! Have a good afternoon!

True!! sad Well said!! cheesy
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Most armed robbers in Nigeria practice Islam I believe

got statistics to back this bogus statement? I read things like this and i just dont trust anything else you say from then on.

almondjoy:

or most of the looting 'born again" Presidents, ministers and governors I believe that have killed people with misppropriation of funds and half executed projects in Nigeria.

and the "born again" president told you he was looting in the name of Jesus? and you find anywhere in the bible where looting of public treasuries are encouraged?

almondjoy:

Is it only when you carry a knife or a gun in the name of Islam that you have "bombed" someone. More people die from the hands of non religious attacks than form religious ones in Nigeria and allover the world so I have to yawn at your suicide bombing tale too!

this is nonsense. No one is complaining about deaths from tsunamis, road accidents, diseases. We are talking about the rights of others to practice their religion in peace. We are talking about people who cry about "peace" but yet are ready to slit your throat at the slightest provocation. We are talking about people who kill nigerians over cartoons drawn in Denmark.

laudate:

True!! sad Well said!! cheesy

anything is "well said" and "true" as long as they agree with your limited oppinion.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

Yawn!

Don't let this hatred blind you. You are so fixated on Saudis, yet I also mentioned Dubai in the same breath. It took an extra "how many pages", before you conceded the fact that the word 'Dubai' was there at all.

As for noise, you too have been making a lot of it, especially each time you find it so hard to acknowledge the basic points that have been made. Am yet to see any objectivity in here.

When people have concrete, workable, sensible solutions to the carnage, (instead of bally-aching about Islam which doesn't add anything new to the debate) let them paste it here, for others to read.

Until then, sayonara.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2007
The next time a group of Christians any where in the world rise up with machetes shouting "Jesus is Lord" and slaughtering Muslims,some one should tell me.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2007
nwando:

We should thank God that most Muslims are not like Muhammad and don't aspire to be.

Dis Mr Muham-mad sef and his religion of peace, na wah o!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
laudate:

Don't let this hatred blind you. You are so fixated on Saudis, yet I also mentioned Dubai in the same breath. It took an extra "how many pages", before you conceded the fact that the word 'Dubai' was there at all.

Dubai as has been pointed out to you is a tourist destination and is 80% expatriate! your level of comprehension is pretty low.

laudate:

As for noise, you too have been making a lot of it, especially each time you find it so hard to acknowledge the basic points that have been made. Am yet to see any objectivity in here.

You have made no points worth looking at besides the fact that we should all applaud the Saudis for merely persecuting, whipping and deporting christians as against killing them. Cant see what i need to be objective about in there.

laudate:

When people have concrete, workable, sensible solutions to the carnage, (instead of bally-aching about Islam which doesn't add anything new to the debate) let them paste it here, for others to read.

lol how can you have a solution to a problem when you dont even know its root causes? not even medicine is that silly.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

Dubai as has been pointed out to you is a tourist destination and is 80% expatriate! your level of comprehension is pretty low.
Oh, my level of comprehension is pretty low? Um, were you the one complaining about personal attacks a while ago?? Jeez!!

As for Dubai being a tourist destination, when did you point that out? After how many pages of latching on to Saudi, as if that was the only place mentioned in that post?

davidylan:

You have made no points worth looking at besides the fact that we should all applaud the Saudis for merely persecuting, whipping and deporting christians as against killing them. Cant see what i need to be objective about in there.

No you can't see anything, except what fits into your hate-filled vision. No one asked you to applaud the Saudis. All that was pointed out is that Christians are not killed in a predominantly Islamic country like Saudi, with the same frequency with which they are attacked & killed in certain parts of the far North.

Um, I forgot. . . .such a comment doesn't fit into your world view.

davidylan:

lol how can you have a solution to a problem when you don't even know its root causes? not even medicine is that silly.

Yeah, and since neither you nor your side-kick have been able to diagnose the root causes, (except to rant & rave about Islam, which is your favourite past time) who are you to talk about silliness?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2007
Isn't it funny how Laudate shifts her position depending on the situation? grin

the Islamic religion supports jihad, and the killing of infidels. So, what is there to understand?

Guess who said the above?Our girl,Laudate grin Don't believe me?Check out this thread.Post 8-https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=77592.msg1490852#msg1490852

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Efcc Arrest Obasanjo And Former President Goodluck Jonathan / APC Saved Nigerians From Poverty, Hunger –minister Of Niger Delta. / I Didn't Threaten To Kill Nnamdi Kanu - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.