Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65439 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
benalvino:

yes you can but its not straight forward
would you pls explain how or direct me somewhere.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
ahmmyreal:
would you pls explain how or direct me somewhere.

Youtube and www.bing.com is a good place to start.

search for how to install Windows 7 on mac without bootcamp.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
benalvino:

Youtube and www.bing.com is a good place to start.

search for how to install Windows 7 on mac without bootcamp.
according to my findings, its not possible without bootcamp.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by otumfour(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
Princessmel: Can someone please explain why my mac goes off randomly sometimes although it is fully charged?

And also if there's any software that can increase the volume of the built in speakers [/b]rather than buying actual speakers if that makes sense?

Thanks xx

Search for [b]BOOM
in the Mac AppStore.

It brings a big improvement to the Mac speakers and especially if ur using the 15" MacBook Pro.

Also, playing music via VLC player helps cuz it's volume is separate from the system volume.

Hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
otumfour:

Search for BOOM in the Mac AppStore.

It brings a big improvement to the Mac speakers and especially if ur using the 15" MacBook Pro.

Also, playing music via VLC player helps cuz it's volume is separate from the system volume.

Hope this helps.

VLC, I loved it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by filibust: 9:12am On Jul 06, 2013
Hi guys,

Woke up this morning to discover that my Macbook Pro wouldn't boot pass the grey apple and spinning circle stage.

I have tried all alternatives proffered by apple, PRAM Booting, Safe Booting, CD Booting, but all to no avail.

Can any one help check what the problem is and other possible solutions.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
filibust: Hi guys,

Woke up this morning to discover that my Macbook Pro wouldn't boot pass the grey apple and spinning circle stage.

I have tried all alternatives proffered by apple, PRAM Booting, Safe Booting, CD Booting, but all to no avail.

Can any one help check what the problem is and other possible solutions.

Thanks.

i guess u would need re-loading the Mac operating system. do u have the software?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Yvete(f): 4:04am On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Yvete(f): 4:36am On Jul 09, 2013
Hello, what is the best alternative to iphoto on Macbook pro? It freezes and takes forever to open up pictures. I need something similar to Mac's preview, but with the forward and back arrows for easy navigation. Any recommendations?

2. I can't get audio sounds on my TV through my HDMI cable. I've googled and googled all day. System preferences -> sound -> output -> internal speakers (my TV does not come up). Any way out? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2013
the number of people that uses mac is very low yet all this problem for a premium product... Just wondering
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by kuss: 10:31am On Jul 09, 2013
MY MACBOOK BATTERY INDICATOR IS SHOWING NOT CHARGING AS SOON AS I UNPLUG THE CHARGER THE SYSTEM GOES OFF
WHAT CAN I DO .I NEED HELP URGENTLY
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 10:55am On Jul 09, 2013
kuss: MY MACBOOK BATTERY INDICATOR IS SHOWING NOT CHARGING AS SOON AS I UNPLUG THE CHARGER THE SYSTEM GOES OFF
WHAT CAN I DO .I NEED HELP URGENTLY

your battery is dead... thats why.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by kuss: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino:

your battery is dead... thats why.

THANKS, DO U KNOW THE COST OF A NEW MACKBOOK BATTERY
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
kuss:

THANKS, DO U KNOW THE COST OF A NEW MACKBOOK BATTERY

I really dont know... if you can find there office... macs are designed to be fixed mainly by apple... so you will have difficulties finding parts...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yvete: Hello, what is the best alternative to iphoto on Macbook pro? It freezes and takes forever to open up pictures. I need something similar to Mac's preview, but with the forward and back arrows for easy navigation. Any recommendations?

2. I can't get audio sounds on my TV through my HDMI cable. I've googled and googled all day. System preferences -> sound -> output -> internal speakers (my TV does not come up). Any way out? Thanks.

1. Picasa is a good free alternative to iPhoto
http://picasa.google.com/intl/en/

2. What model is your Macbook pro? If it is older than mid 2010, then it will not support audio through the Mini-DisplayPort
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino: the number of people that uses mac is very low yet all this problem for a premium product... Just wondering

This thread is where people that have issues with their Mac can come to, to seek help and advise. So what else should we expect? ..... Just wondering...

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2013
Olisa74:

This thread is where people that have issues with their Mac can come to, to seek help and advise. So what else should we expect? ..... Just wondering...
and i believe most of us here are in Nigeria. yet nobody is willing to help with Mac osx dvd or flash drive. my mac has been down for about 3weeks now.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2013
ahmmyreal: and i believe most of us here are in Nigeria. yet nobody is willing to help with Mac osx dvd or flash drive. my mac has been down for about 3weeks now.

well I have tried helping people... Why am surprised is... we stay in a country where apple support will hardly come. they claim that their machine is built trouble free... few people uses them. But yet problems comes in frequently.

if you download it and try to install it you will run into problem... my advice for you is to get a cheap pc by your side... cause when you mac breaks it will take longer for you to fix it... even to change the ram you cant just go straight forward.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2013
benalvino:

well I have tried helping people... Why am surprised is... we stay in a country where apple support will hardly come. they claim that their machine is built trouble free... few people uses them. But yet problems comes in frequently.

if you download it and try to install it you will run into problem... my advice for you is to get a cheap pc by your side... cause when you mac breaks it will take longer for you to fix it... even to change the ram you cant just go straight forward.
if i eventually fix it, im selling it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2013
ahmmyreal:
you can actually sell it for high price...
they have resale value... nigeria is not a place to own a mac. cause of lack of support. hardware and software
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Tochi4life: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
ahmmyreal:
Are you in Lagos? a Friend has a geniune SL Dvd. I could give you his contact if you want. I'll ask him first tho.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tochi4life:
Are you in Lagos? a Friend has a geniune SL Dvd. I could give you his contact if you want. I'll ask him first tho.

am in UK
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tochi4life:
right now im in Abeokuta. but i'll be in lagos next week. pls ask him.

i had osx 10.7 lion on it, would i be able to downgrade to snow leopard?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
ahmmyreal: right now im in Abeokuta. but i'll be in lagos next week. pls ask him.

i had osx 10.7 lion on it, would i be able to downgrade to snow leopard?

although lion is buggy and slow... i will advice you to get mountain lion instead of the solid snow leopard.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
benalvino:

although lion is buggy and slow... i will advice you to get mountain lion instead of the solid snow leopard.
that will be later things, i need to get the mac running first on any mac os version i could get my hands on.
besides what is the minimum requirement to install mountain lion?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
ahmmyreal: that will be later things, i need to get the mac running first on any mac os version i could get my hands on.
ok. good luck.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2013
ahmmyreal: that will be later things, i need to get the mac running first on any mac os version i could get my hands on.

What model and age is your mac? To run mountain lion you need to have a minimum 2gigs of ram. If your Mac is later than 2010, it will already have a restore partion that you can boot from.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2013
Olisa74:

What model and age is your mac? To run mountain lion you need to have a minimum 2gigs of ram. If your Mac is later than 2010, it will already have a restore partion that you can boot from.
you talking about Recovery HD right? i have it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
ahmmyreal: you talking about Recovery HD right? i have it.

Yes, the recovery HD. You should be able to restore or re install your OS from there.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
ahmmyreal: you talking about Recovery HD right? i have it.

Hold down the option key while starting up your mac. The recovery HD should appear. Login into it, and re install your OS.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Olisa74:

Hold down the option key while starting up your mac. The recovery HD should appear. Login into it, and re install your OS.
i know that already. i dont have mac os dvd to re install it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
ahmmyreal: i know that already. i dont have mac os dvd to re install it.

Where you using Mountain Lion before your Mac crashed? If you where, you should be able to re install Mountain Lion without the use of disks. You do need to be connoted to the internet though.

Choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.
If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu (in the top-right corner of the screen).
Select Reinstall OS X, and then click Continue.
Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current OS X disk (in most cases, it is the only one available).
To start the installation, click Install.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10763?viewlocale=en_US

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.