Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65348 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
Olisa74:

Where you using Mountain Lion before your Mac crashed? If you where, you should be able to re install Mountain Lion without the use of disks. You do need to be connoted to the internet though.

Choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.
If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu (in the top-right corner of the screen).
Select Reinstall OS X, and then click Continue.
Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current OS X disk (in most cases, it is the only one available).
To start the installation, click Install.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10763?viewlocale=en_US
i had lion on it. i could also re install lion via the same procedure you mentioned above but i must have purchased lion from appstore to be able to re install it because i would be required to login with my apple id.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
ahmmyreal: i had lion on it. i could also re install lion via the same procedure you mentioned above but i must have purchased lion from appstore to be able to re install it because i would be required to login with my apple id.

Give IshopA a call. Ask them if they can help you install a copy of Mountain Lion onto your system for a nominal fee. telephone: 01-628 2561 mobile: 07064444415-8
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Yvete(f): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Olisa74: 1. Picasa is a good free alternative to iPhoto
http://picasa.google.com/intl/en/

2. What model is your Macbook pro? If it is older than mid 2010, then it will not support audio through the Mini-DisplayPort

Thanks. It's a Macbook Pro OS X - version 10.6.8. I got it as a gift and did a software update. Am I supposed to upgrade it to a current version-if any? Everything works excellently except the audio through the Mini-displayport. Should I try another brand of HDMI cables? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yvete:

Thanks. It's a Macbook Pro OS X - version 10.6.8. I got it as a gift and did a software update. Am I supposed to upgrade it to a current version-if any? Everything works excellently except the audio through the Mini-displayport. Should I try another brand of HDMI cables? Thanks.

Your mac is up to date.If your MacBook Pro is pre mid 2010, no hdmi cable would work for audio. You will need to look for a separate source for audio.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hi guys, if am buying a MacBook from the US, would I need a step-down transformer to use it here in Nigeria?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Kasiye: Hi guys, if am buying a MacBook from the US, would I need a step-down transformer to use it here in Nigeria?

no
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

no
Thanks
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by somtea(m): 1:54am On Jul 18, 2013
what is the average lifespn of a mac book pro?
can i even install pes2013 on a mbp fall 2011 13 inches, pls help
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2013
somtea: what is the average lifespn of a mac book pro?
can i even install pes2013 on a mbp fall 2011 13 inches, pls help

My daughter uses a 2006 macbook, while I use a 2008 macbook pro. They both still run like new. My 2008 macbook pro can run pes 2013, so I guess you should have no problems with yours.
Handle and use your macbook properly and it can outlive you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by somtea(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Olisa74:

My daughter uses a 2006 macbook, while I use a 2008 macbook pro. They both still run like new. My 2008 macbook pro can run pes 2013, so I guess you should have no problems with yours.
Handle and use your macbook properly and it can outlive you.
The thing is Iwant to buy d above named system.nd am stuck in the land of indecision if 2 spend d 120k to buy d mac or.pc, with similar specs brand new vn though this one is still very clean.
Pls what's ur take on this.
Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
somtea:
The thing is Iwant to buy d above named system.nd am stuck in the land of indecision if 2 spend d 120k to buy d mac or.pc, with similar specs brand new vn though this one is still very clean.

when you say Pc... what do you mean? Desktop or laptop... I use to have a mac but it died less than a year so i never intend buying apple product for premium price... But i will say go for the mac if it is cheap as long as u can cope without getting support for new Os else you could find a better laptop.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2013
somtea:

I am personally biased towards Macs, so I will advise you to go for the Mac. I do however understand that support for Macs is not very good if you are based in Nigeria.
I own a few Macs and some are quite old as I have mentioned before, and I have honestly never had a major issue with any of them. That is not to say that things don't go wrong because they do.
My advise is, if you do decide to go for the Mac, do some research on how to maintain and optimise the use of your Mac. It should last you very much longer than a similarly specced pc.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2013
benalvino:

when you say Pc... what do you mean? Desktop or laptop... I use to have a mac but it died less than a year so i never intend buying apple product for premium price... But i will say go for the mac if it is cheap as long as u can cope without getting support for new Os else you could find a better laptop.

When you say your Mac just died, what exactly do you mean by that? Macs or pc's do not just die for no apparent reason. Did it die because of mis use? Did you drop it? When you bought it was it faulty? What is it second hand? I think you should elaborate so we don't put people off getting a Mac.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Olisa74:

When you say your Mac just died, what exactly do you mean by that? Macs or pc's do not just die for no apparent reason. Did it die because of mis use? Did you drop it? When you bought it was it faulty? What is it second hand? I think you should elaborate so we don't put people off getting a Mac.

I based in the Uk... and i got a retina mac book pro that didn't last a year before it got bad... after spending at-least 13oo pounds on it i decided not to buy them anymore...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
benalvino:

I based in the Uk... and i got a retina mac book pro that didn't last a year before it got bad... after spending at-least 13oo pounds on it i decided not to buy them anymore...

So what exactly happened to it? After spending £1300 on a retina mac that just went bad, surely apple replaced it for you or at least fixed it, did they not?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by somtea(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
U'v convinced me.
I'll quickly refer here 4 help if there is any issue.thanks

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Tochi4life: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Guys I have a very Clean Macbook pro core i5 4gb ram I want to sale 140k it's very clean and everything runs perfect. Running latest release of mountain lion.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Tochi4life: Guys I have a very Clean Macbook pro core i5 4gb ram I want to sale 140k it's very clean and everything runs perfect. Running latest release of mountain lion.
Where are u located, is it with retina display, hdd or ssd, and a picture will help
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Olisa74:

So what exactly happened to it? After spending £1300 on a retina mac that just went bad, surely apple replaced it for you or at least fixed it, did they not?

They will fix it if you buy it with warranty which i didn't... fact is i fix the logic board and sold it...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
benalvino:

They will fix it if you buy it with warranty which i didn't... fact is i fix the logic board and sold it...

You and I both know that it doesn't work like that in the UK. Every Mac comes with a standard one year manufacturers warranty. If your Mac went belly up within your first year of use, then you are entitled to a a brand new replacement, or a full repair, and maybe even some sort of compensation for your troubles if you push hard enough.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Olisa74:

You and I both know that it doesn't work like that in the UK. Every Mac comes with a standard one year manufacturers warranty. If your Mac went belly up within your first year of use, then you are entitled to a a brand new replacement, or a full repair, and maybe even some sort of compensation for your troubles if you push hard enough.

there is what they call ebay... you know it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
benalvino:

there is what they call ebay... you know it.

With the £1300 you paid someone on ebay you could have easily walked into an Apple store, or even a shop like CEX that sells second hand Apple products with a full one years warranty incase something goes wrong.Fair enough, you bought a product on ebay that turned out to be faulty.That is not Apples fault.

Anyone that has bought any faulty Macs, that is less than a year old, is entitled to a replacement product or full repair free of charge, even in Nigeria. Just contact any Apple retailer, or contact Apple directly, they will have your products serial number.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Yvete(f): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
@ Olisa74: You've been helpful. How do i run windows on Mac? I need to install Microsoft project on my Macbook Pro. From my research, I learned that I need VMWare Fusion or bootcamp. I installed VMWare Fusion, but I still can't install MS Project '10. Any way out? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2013
Yvete: @ Olisa74: You've been helpful. How do i run windows on Mac? I need to install Microsoft project on my Macbook Pro. From my research, I learned that I need VMWare Fusion or bootcamp. I installed VMWare Fusion, but I still can't install MS Project '10. Any way out? Thanks.

use parallel
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by filibust: 12:50am On Jul 20, 2013
ahmmyreal: i guess u would need re-loading the Mac operating system. do u have the software?

Thanks Ahmmyreal,

I do not have the software.

A friend tried re-installing for me, but said the HD has crashed.

I'm yet to come to terms with that.

What do you suggest?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2013
Yvete: @ Olisa74: You've been helpful. How do i run windows on Mac? I need to install Microsoft project on my Macbook Pro. From my research, I learned that I need VMWare Fusion or bootcamp. I installed VMWare Fusion, but I still can't install MS Project '10. Any way out? Thanks.

After installing VMWare Fusion on your Macbook pro, you then need to get a copy of windows and install it using VMWare Fusion. Then you will have windows running on your Mac and can then install your MS Project.
You can also use Parallels as @benalvino mentioned. The installation process is the same.
It sounds a bit tedious, but it is pretty much straightforward!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2013
filibust:

Thanks Ahmmyreal,

I do not have the software.

A friend tried re-installing for me, but said the HD has crashed.

I'm yet to come to terms with that.

What do you suggest?

It does sound like your HD has crashed. Replacing your HD is very simple and straight forward. Search online for some tutorials as it is something you can do yourself.
Most PC HD's are compatible with Macs. So you can go to pretty much any computer store and get a replacement HD.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Tochi4life: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Kasiye:
Where are u located, is it with retina display, hdd or ssd, and a picture will help
Is not Retina and the it's 320GB HDD not Solid state drive. I'm Based in Lagos and would prefer a Lagos buyer. Will upload pics and create a thread for it once I come back to Lag, currently in the east.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 7:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Tochi4life:
Is not Retina and the it's 320GB HDD not Solid state drive. I'm Based in Lagos and would prefer a Lagos buyer. Will upload pics and create a thread for it once I come back to Lag, currently in the east.
Okay, am in ph by the way,

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.