Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,582 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65352 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Olisa74:

Can your Macbook Air connect to the internet? If not, you can download the latest OS, Mavericks ( which is free) onto a usb stick, and install it from there. Where are you located?

I think I can connect to Wifi. Cos wen I hold d option key while booting. I see d "choose a network" stuff.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

I think I can connect to Wifi. Cos wen I hold d option key while booting. I see d "choose a network" stuff.
Location. Lagos

You best bet would be to create a bootable USB drive install Mavericks on to it, and boot your system up from there. Is it possible for you to get another Mac that you can use to create the bootable usb?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

Location. Lagos

If you can get another Mac to create the bootable USB from, then please follow the instructions from the link below:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/apple-in-the-enterprise/how-to-create-a-bootable-usb-to-install-os-x-mavericks/
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

Location. Lagos

If you cannot get another Mac to use to create a bootable USB, you can do it from a Windows laptop. Below is a link to the apple forums where one user explained how he did it:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23633254#23633254
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Cwhyte(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2013
My engineer told me that my macbook board is damaged, said I can replace it with 30k. But I am thinking of selling the scrap if anyone is interested. Screen, hard disk, ram, power pack, etc.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
the internet connection here is not as fast, and hence does not favor downloads of large files . .
took it to an apple store and had mavericks installed . . .
cloned the recovery HD to a flash drive, so i now have my Mac again
plus a bootable mavericks thumb drive
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
the internet connection here is not as fast, and hence does not favor downloads of large files . .
took it to an apple store and had mavericks installed . . .
cloned the recovery HD to a flash drive, so i now have my Mac again
plus a bootable mavericks thumb drive

Glad you have sorted it out, and are up and running again!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Mrtesso: 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hey peeps, greetings! Iv got a serious issue with my old Mac. I need to retrieve some vital information from it. But it shows the boot mode when you start up, and scribbles some jargons and ends with "panic: we are hanging here..." I need help, what do I do?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by aitoehigie: 7:31am On Dec 20, 2013
Brand new MacBook air available for sale. 08028401212.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by LordReed(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Mac guru a lil help please. I got an iMac 3 days ago I powered it on an it worked perfectly. I didn't use it yesterday and today when I powered it on it appears like the screen is too dim to see anything. I know it came on because of the sound. Anything I can do?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by otumfour(m): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dropped my 15" Retina MacBook Pro off of the arm rest of my sofa:-
- the screen got cracked
- got some minor dents on the unibody my questions

My questions:-
Any of y'all got an idea as to how much a screen change would cost at apple?

Also, how much it'll cost me to change the entire unibody?

Thanx in advance y'all....
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Brand New MacBook Air 2014 edition at CHEAP price!!! https://www.nairaland.com/1870421/brand-new-macbook-air-2014
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by blaxx: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2014
I've got this iBook g4 that I've been trying to install an mtn fastlink on but no way.
Can someone help out?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by LordReed(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
blaxx: I've got this iBook g4 that I've been trying to install an mtn fastlink on but no way.
Can someone help out?

What happens when you plug the modem in?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by blaxx: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
LordReed:

What happens when you plug the modem in?
The mtn fastlink icon come up (just that). When I double click, it shows installing...
Nothing more.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
blaxx:
The mtn fastlink icon come up (just that). When I double click, it shows installing...
Nothing more.

In Finder go to Apps and see if MTN Fastlink is among the installed apps.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by blaxx: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
LordReed:

it's not listed.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by techwizard(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2014
please where can I get osx setup disc, I can't download it because its too large. just email ordrizzy@gmail.com. am building a hackintosh.

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by LCDD: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
LordReed:

Mine is listed. After initializing, it says "device not recognized or disconnected" pls help.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by chinedulivingstone(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2014
i have sound problem what should do
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by chinedulivingstone(m): 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
pls house why is my mac not bringing sounds
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
chinedulivingstone:
pls house why is my mac not bringing sounds
try to find RESTORE on ur laptop...Restore to last point of use when it was working...it won't delete any files ,will jxt restore everytin dats nt workn back to its workn state
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by chubbyzegna(m): 3:07am On Dec 04, 2014
I changed my Macbook Air OS X to Windows 8 and I removed Mac OS X completely now I want to change back to Mac OS X because I don't like the windows 8 performance. Please how do I go about it?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
chubbyzegna:
I changed my Macbook Air OS X to Windows 8 and I removed Mac OS X completely now I want to change back to Mac OS X because I don't like the windows 8 performance. Please how do I go about it?

Upgrade to Windows 8.1 and win.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Muriaaz1: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
How can I recover my data from mackintosh
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olamilec(m): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
Please where can I get photoshop, microsoft office suite and corelDraw for my new MacBook Pro, is there a way I can get the softwares as we use to get for windows in Computer Village?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pls pals is it true that macbook pros have discrete vga problem? To be specific i heard those produced in 2011 to 2013. Pls reply asap
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Muriaaz1:
How can I recover my data from mackintosh

what exactly happened to it . . .
in there lies your answer . .
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Cuteamigo1:
Pls pals is it true that macbook pros have discrete vga problem? To be specific i heard those produced in 2011 to 2013. Pls reply asap

so untrue

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.