Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. (10928 Views)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Serious Fight At Oshodi As I Am Typing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by gbogboti: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2011
Got to Oshodi (Ikorodu park) about 2 hours ago to board Ikorodu Bus. On turning to my left, LO AND BEHOLD, I saw a sick dying woman with onlookers surrounding her without a care for help. All they were saying was ah! Omase o! Bla! Bla! Bla! I first ran to the RSS (policemen) just behind where NISSAN VEHICLES GOING TO IKORODU PARK. The Policemen looked at me somehow and said,  we are coming. Can’t you see that we are on duty? At that point, I became very angry and felt sorry for this country the more. I quickly ran back and got my phone recharged. On a second thought, I pulled out the phone she was holding to search for contacts. As God would have it, I saw mumy and dialled. Spoke Yoruba to the womanwho picked and she said she was her mum. I told her to pick Okada and start coming that her daughter was dying at Oshodi, just behind the Policemen before under the bridge. On seeing these efforts, the onlookers started coming to help. A cele woman came and started praying serious prayer. She said she was on her way to Abeokuta. Everyone there started thanking her and myself for the support and kindness. While the prayer was going on, I scrolled through her phone again and I saw Sweetheart. I dialled and the man who picked the call said he was her husband. I told him to pick the next available bike to Oshodi (Ikorodu park).

As am typing this, we are in the hospital with the family. I Am about to leave anyway. I am feeling so tire. But inside of me, feel happy to have contributed in saving a soul. IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GOOD SAMARITHAN. AND ABOVE ALL, OUR BROTHERS KEEPERS. COS’ IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE! SHALLOM!
*THE PICTURES/VIDEO CLIP BELOW ATTACHED ARE SOME OF THE GLIMPS OF WHAT HAPPENED. @ALL TRY GO FOR MEDICAL CHECK-UP ONCE IN A WHILE.

*@ALL, I ATTACHED THE PICS WITH A PURE HEART. I ATTACHED THE PICS TO PROVE THE GENUITY OF THE POST. HOWEVER, I ACCEPT THE FACT THAT, I SHOULD HAVE PLACED A BLOCK ON HER FACE BEFORE POSTING IT. ON THAT NOTE, I HAVE DECIDED TO REMOVE THE PICS COMPLETELY FROM THE POST. THANKS!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by cold(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
You did noble.The attitude of the by-standers & onlookers was pathetic and sickening but not surprising.They just exhibited a typical Naija trait.Such a pretty lady
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
@OP
That was very un-Nigerian of you. keep it up. Nigerians are naturaly wicked. It's only in Nigeria that someone will get knocked down by a car that you will see people surrounding the place like it's some kind of circus show. Instead of them to help you hear things like "e yaa", "ma person pikin be this oo", Oma se etc.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by EzeUche(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
Nigerians can be wicked! angry
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
Oshodi of all places ? Some will even say she is a witch.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Afam4eva(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
She's lucky she was not stoned.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by ifyalways(f): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
God bless you abundantly OP.

It takes a whole lot of courage to help in Naija and the reasons are not far fetched.I pray the lady gets adequate care.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by EzeUche(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2011
The woman was probably dehydrated. . .

And people were simply just watching.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2011
EzeUche:

The woman was probably dehydrated. . .

And people were simply just watching.

I dont really blame them,Nigeria is not a place to offer help since you may not really know the motive of the victim.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
EzeUche:

Nigerians can be wicked! angry

Take a look in the mirror, what do you see? A typical wicked Nigerian most certainly.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
What a +ve Karma u have fo urself! Surly heaven recognises dis and ur devine reward s there fo u. Please keep t up.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Rhino5dm: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
God bless your efforts. I pray the good lord reward you in multiple folds.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
What a +ve Karma u have fo urself! Surly heaven recognises dis and ur devine reward s there fo u. Please keep t up.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by cold(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I dont really blame them,Nigeria is not a place to offer help since you may not really know the motive of the victim.
In addition,taking or reporting a dying or sick person to the police might land you in murder/attempted murder case.Reporting theft or robbery might turn you into an accomplice.So many factors come into the equation in these circumstances.But generally Nigerians are apathetic & really can't be bothered about other people
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by 9ja4eva: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
Good Job, God bless You
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2011
What is the essence of invading the woman's privacy and posting her pictures for the whole world to see without knowing if she wanted that?
Talk about 'circus' show. You could have done your good works without the usual 'theatrics' of show and tell. You for kukuma put your own picture there make we see the good samaritan too abi?

ShhhiiiiiYOOOR!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

What is the essence of invading the woman's privacy and posting her pictures for the whole world to see without knowing if she wanted that?
Talk about 'circus' show. You could have done your good works without the usual 'theatrics' of show and tell. You for kukuma put your own picture there make we see the good samaritan too abi?

ShhhiiiiiYOOOR!

For some strange reason, I agree with you.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Lasinoh, y did u not attack d uncarng NPF, fo all I care dis guy did a gud job and a dead woman's picture culd hav been put on national dailies tomorow of which d woman wuld hav no say abot.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

ShhhiiiiiYOOOR!

Monkey,who asked for your stu'pid opinion here ? Why cant sue the newspapers for publishing the horrible pictures of boko haram bombing ?
cold:

In addition,taking or reporting a dying or sick person to the police might land you in murder/attempted murder case.Reporting theft or robbery might turn you into an accomplice.So many factors come into the equation in these circumstances.But generally Nigerians are apathetic & really can't be bothered about other people

The condition of the country itself doesnt encourage helping others.So you just to maintain yourself !
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

For some strange reason, I agree with you.

*chuckles*
Jesus is indeed lord!

cogitoErgo:

@Lasinoh, y did u not attack d uncarng NPF, fo all I care dis guy did a gud job and a dead woman's picture culd hav been put on national dailies tomorow of which d woman wuld hav no say abot.

Still wouldn't make it right. I hope when it comes to your turn we would see you naked under Oshodi Bridge drooling from both sides of your mouth huh? With good samaritans like vultures doing 'God's' or "Satan's' work! wink
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Monkey,who asked for your stu'pid opinion here ? Why cant sue the newspapers for publishing the horrible pictures of boko haram bombing ?

Look whose talking. . .?
A NL almajiri?
Happy holidays.
It is the end of 2011. . . I hope we see your arzzze dying under Oshodi bridge too. . . .SOOOON!!! kiss
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
@lasinoh, i wuld nt mine if t saved me frm the jaw of death
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Till then.
Thank you.
Spam Bot!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

Look whose talking. . .?
A NL almajiri?
Happy holidays.
It is the end of 2011. . . I hope we see your arzzze dying under Oshodi bridge too. . . .SOOOON!!! kiss

From where to where ? What am i doing in oshodi ? There is nothing bad in what op has done and i'm sure it's the same you that will ask for pics if he hadnt posted it in the first place.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by saintneo(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2011
good one OP.

I had a similar experience in Ikotu. People were struggling to board a bus, then a woman knocked over, into a gutter. Ppl were standing-by and shouting, I just couldn't stand and watch. I jumped into the gutter and lifted her out. The other people came to her rescue with pure water and hand fans.

Felt good, boarded a bus, and fought to pay. . . lol!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

From where to where ? What am i doing in oshodi ? There is nothing bad in what op has done and i'm sure it's the same you that will ask for pics if he hadnt posted it in the first place.

You are a 'third' world freak of nature, so I do not expect your brain cells to state anything contrary to what you have written here or anywhere else on NL. Even if she were not dying. . .there is just something sick about taking advantange of the defenseless. . .The OP's good works were tarnished by the 'obsessive-compulsive' use of the camera phone. Period. People like you would have called for pictures as proof. . .only because you are given to a life of sensationalism and drama. Not everyone shares those same philosophies. Thank you. Next time, tell you OP to protect the privacy of the dying. . .Even your "Jesus" would not have done such a thing while performing 'miracles'. :-

Thank God for 'Latter-Day-Saints" ! kiss*

Go figure!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

You are a 'third' world freak of nature, so I do not expect your brain cells to state anything contrary to what you have written here or anywhere else on NL. Even if she were not dying. . .there is just something sick about taking advantange of the defenseless. . .The OP's good works were tarnished by the 'obsessive-compulsive' use of the camera phone. Period. People like you would have called for pictures as proof. . .only because you are given to a life of sensationalism and drama. Not everyone shares those same philosophies. Thank you. Next time, tell you OP to protect the privacy of the dying. . .Even your "Jesus" would not have done such a thing while performing 'miracles'. kiss

Go figure!

You are the only one on this thread that is bitter about what the OP did.honestly,you must have had a terrible upbringing.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by freecocoa(f): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
OP that was very kind of you,the lord will surely reward your efforts.

Many nigerians are naturally unsympathetic but seriously at times(especially cases like this) I don't really blame them that much,don't get me wrong,the wisest thing to do is help someone in need,but the NPF has contributed in making it more difficult,my brother got in trouble for helping an accident victim(who later died) no be small thing o,I know what it took before everything went back to normal.

Many people in that crowd may be scared to help due to the fact that they don't want trouble, incase anything went wrong,not necessarily because they are wicked or mean,OP is really brave and I wish more nigerians can be like him in that manner.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by doctokwus: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Op,do u know u probably saved that woman from death.She must probably was exhausted as a result of dehydration whc if she had bn unattended to wud av had fatal consequences.U were godsent.
@Lasinoh,I do see ur point,she may av lost her privacy,but I tink d Op did it innocently,we shudnt bc of it lose sight of his gud deed,but just for future purposes let others know that posting her pix w/o her consent was going overboard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh / Boko Haram: Buhari Visits Maiduguri Today, Cancels Daura Trip / Osun Targets December To Complete Osogbo/Iwo Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.