Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. (10938 Views)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Serious Fight At Oshodi As I Am Typing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

I have never been in support of it. I see it as a kind of exploitation and lack of respect for the victims.

So why are we taking it up with who ever is in charge of regulating such or should we accept such intrusion of victims' privacy as a normal thing because no one cares about them ?
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

I'm still waiting for your consent, you know? wink

For agreeing with me on this thread. . . you have my consent for ever. . . SNAP AWAY! wink

Aigbofa:

I have never been in support of it. [size=20pt]I see it as a kind of exploitation and lack of respect for the victims.[/size]

I think I like this post better. . .something we can at least have in common.
Goodluck hitting your head on a brick wall with that 'bot'! grin
Something about upbringing.

~Bluetooth:

So why are we taking it up with who ever is in charge of regulating such or should we accept such intrusion of victims' privacy as a normal thing because no one cares about them ?

GO AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You 'bot'! angry
I hope you are not a doctor in a women's clinic? Or even a native doctor oh? shocked
It is people like you that will be taking pictures of women's bosoms and poohsies when they are under gen-anes for pre-op! Good God! cry
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

We have to recognise their is a problem first before we can attempt to fix it. Also, on the list of what is important right now in Nigeria, that will most likely rank very low. But, hopefully we will get there.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

For agreeing with me on this thread. . . you have my consent for ever. . . SNAP AWAY!

I think I like this post better. . .something we can at least have in common.
Goodluck hitting your head on a brick wall with that 'bot'! grin

GO AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You 'bot'! angry

Lmao! You are something else.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

We have to recognise their is a problem first before we can attempt to fix it. Also, on the list of what is important right now in Nigeria, that will most likely rank very low. But, hopefully we will get there.

I must be dreaming. . .
Is someone else sharing or using your handle? undecided
Abi 'Oyedepo' slap you? cheesy
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lasinoh:

I must be dreaming. . .
Is someone else sharing or using your handle? undecided
Abi 'Oyedepo' slap you? cheesy

Abeg leave that side LOL
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

If everybody is guilty,then the blame should be equal shared.If we want to blame the OP,then we must blame our journalists too !
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
Pfft
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by buzugee(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
may Yahawah bless you my Brother. you just earned yourself cool points with the Lord. thats better than any compliments from man.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by jumobi1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
The OP is a hero. I see why he posted her pics but he should have blurred her face out. The picture sends the message more effectively that a post without pics.
Still he is a hero and had no bad intentions. I am so happy because I don't see things like this anymore.
I doubt the lady would be too upset. Her life was saved and now is not the time to tell the OP what he did wrong. I am proud of him
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by norrisman: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
The poster did absolutely nothing wrong. She/ he was an angel and a citizen reporter at the same time. If this was reported by a national daily, I wonder if anyone would have raised an eyebrow. During the recent floods in Lagos, there were many pictures of people affected by the floods. I cant remember anyone saying to protect the privacy of the people on the pictures. The ones badmouthing the OP are Josè (Jealous ones still envy) and wish they had done what OP did but put them in such a situation and they will be in Oshodi isàlè quick quick
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2011
God Bless you OP
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Akwasi(m): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2011
GOD will surely bless you OP. You did the best under the circumstance
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by NegroNtns(m): 1:15am On Dec 30, 2011
@OP, GOD bless you for your initiative and rescue.

There is always a fear of the unknown, its a spell, even in such dire situation. It needs just one brave person to step in against the unknown. . . , . it breaks the spell and others then begin to join in hands. Nice Job to everyone involved in saving that woman!!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 30, 2011
Lasinoh:

The Abia ra-pe victim should have given consent too! wink
Did anyone bother to ask her?
Only primitive people will not understand the concept of privacy.
How can anyone compare the Boko Haram incident to a helpless woman passed out on the street?
Her phone was retrieved and she has a mother and a husband. . . !
I wonder how they would feel seeing the picture of their loved one. . .in front of the whole world.
Na wah!
Very morbid. . .the more I think about this. How can any sane person get out a camera in the middle of helping someone to take a photograph of a sick or dying person. I cannot remember how many times our vehicles have been used to transport motor vehicle accident victims to hospitals in Nigeria. . .THE LAST THING ON ANYONE'S MIND WAS A CAMERA PHONE. Sickening!

Good Samaritan should be the first to uphold the 'do no harm' clause.
I wonder if it were his own sister. . .or daughter.
I doubt he would have used his camera to show her face on NL. . .
Every blessing comes with a curse indeed!
This is a typical example.

Good job OP. . . but do better next time. kiss

Nuff said!
You do sound like you'd have merely waited around and do nothing, if you were in the OP's shoes undecided. I see no reason you should take him to the cleaners for this. Boy deserves commendation, and if u not giving it, only jealousy or passivity can be inferred
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2011
sauer:

You do sound like you'd have merely waited around and do nothing, if you were in the OP's shoes  undecided. I see no reason you should take him to the cleaners for this. Boy deserves commendation, and if u not giving it, only jealousy or passivity can be inferred

You see this post here?

Lasinoh:

I purposely tried to clue peeps like you that I am capable of zipping it. . . but you always wanno push your luck huh?

What new content have you added on page 3 of this thread? Is it by force to post redundant ideology?
Go and sit somewhere and swallow a bee-hive jor!
I don carry person wey fly from Okada, smash head for concrete floor with brains and blood oozing like Ogbonor soup all over my motor, in that same Nigeria. I did not think of my camera after it all.

Simple constructive criticism is now "crucifixion" in your WAZOBIAN, unpublished dictionary or what? undecided
I have seen many good Samaritans in Nigeria and all over the world. They do not come to NL for drama and sensation either. kiss

The likes of you will sit across the road and by shouting BOJ! BOJ! All for show like you are acting a pirated Gollywood home-vid. Jealous of what? Did the OP win a Jonathan Badluck Award or something? Please get a life! No matter how lousy!

Others have expressed the same opinion, so get over your crush. I find it disgusting. kiss
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by soloqy: 5:25am On Dec 30, 2011
Ok then, OP should edit and remove the pictures. And any doubting thomases that come in to ask for proof(I suspect thats why OP added the pictures), he/she would read the other posts and understand that there was indeed proof.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 30, 2011
Cheiiii, Nigerian ppl are becoming civilized!!! They actually provided simple medical procedure.

Thank her lucky stars she didnt get stoned.

A beautiful woman like that would have been a sour waste grin
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Lasinoh: 7:57am On Dec 30, 2011
soloqy:

Ok then, OP should edit and remove the pictures. And any doubting thomases that come in to ask for proof(I suspect thats why OP added the pictures), he/she would read the other posts and understand that there was indeed proof.
*Lemme try my obnoxious best due to a high level of provocation on this thread* grin

Haba! Please, y'awl should stop acting like our dear OP has discovered THE much-needed, divinely-timed, priceless invention to clean bags of "Ekpoma Rice"!

All this 'proof' to show say passing out from starvation dey Naija?
You can tell the lady had not eaten for over 2 weeks.
Abi na the OP buy the "boost" wey she nor fit drink for dat pissssshures? wink

If you look like "THE KENYAN HORSE" that slugged Muma Gee and Prince Eke all over Rivers' State. . . .damn right you gonna pass out in the middle of Oshodi market or under Oshodi bridge smelling either "gbegriigrii" or dried concentrated piss for shuuuuua! wink
Dry-fasting for "the fruit" don turn her to kpanla finish. wink
To think she is married too? shocked
Widows are better than 'some married women' I swear! grin
"Some". . . Not me oh! tongue Might say she looks like an AIDS "payssssshent"! Hmmmm!!! tongue

*this is why such pics should not be posted*  wink
To much speculation via the invasion of privacy. . . From some peeps like. . . .?
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by ayusman16(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2011
You did a nice job but why post her pictures on the internet without covering the eyes. The family might not appreciate this.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by ogasir2011: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2011
@ Bluetooth, i did not u were an idi.ot oh- for God's sake cant u just advice him, must u insult
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by stagger: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2011
God bless you OP for displaying what is called PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY!

I tell you that even 99% of Christians today would not have done what you did. May God bless you richly my brother. But please next time, block off the victim's face to protect their privacy.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by ogasir2011: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2011
ayusman16:

You did a nice job but why post her pictures on the internet without covering the eyes. The family might not appreciate this.

thank u very much, this is how we shld advice ourselves. I guess it was instinct dat made him do it, but pls let us concentrate on his good works rather than the mistake he made.

well done OP.

NB: the most important thing is that she Survived
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by dustydee: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2011
Always a good thing to help. Thank God it turned out well.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by misterh(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2011
@op, is there any reward for good other than good? God bless you for saving a life, Keep it up!
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by LEXYLOV: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2011
@poster

Good job try n keep it up. It's better to save life than to take it anyway. God bless the good and peace loving people like U.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2011
You did good and God will surely bless you. But it's sometimes dangerous to help in this my country. Rora se , Rora se o. Anybody to ba fe se ore. Na K1 sing am.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by fred2265: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2011
Well done OP.
Moderators,please remove the womans pictures!
End of story.
Re: Help! Dying Woman At Oshodi Under Bridge. by sammirano: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2011
It's only ignorance that will make to be afraid to help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masari, Daura Emir Pay Sallah Homage To Buhari (Photos) / Jubilation In Benue As PDP Guber Candidate, Uba Returns From Medical Vacation / PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.