Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! (20633 Views)

Saraki : Senators Set For Stormy Session Tomorrow - Punch / Accident At Onipanu If You Heading Towards maryland / Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 12:07am On Jan 12, 2012
sheyguy:

U are a pathetic dude beaf, when the protest started u said Tinubu and co. was behind it, and now that they 've attacked Tinubu's wife and his party members u r saying a totally different thing.
This is no ethnic issue, it is God's time for your likes.

Very pathetic. International laws state 12 nautical miles. And onshore oil in the ND is only 10% of the oil revenue. 90% is off shore. So grin cheesy. Nigeria yi ti gbo gbo wa ni. Anyone can take their 10% cheesy grin. If they want to make this about oil, abeg we have to show dem sey we too get sense. We know what is in Nigeria. Make dem call SNC and go na. cool
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Rad1cal: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

Very pathetic. International laws state 12 nautical miles. And onshore oil in the ND is only 10% of the oil revenue. 90% is off shore. So  grin cheesy. Nigeria yi ti gbo gbo wa ni. Anyone can take their 10% cheesy grin. If they want to make this about oil, abeg we have to show dem sey we too get sense. We know what is in Nigeria. Make dem call SNC and go na. cool

Which international law . .Go read up the law of the sea convention and stop harboring such mis-information

jmaine:

Let's get something clear . . .under the law of the sea convention 1982 and revised thereafter . . .if the oil falls within the EEZ ( about 200 nautical mile) within the boundaries of a country, such nation has a right to claim the ocean resources . . . So if it falls within the marked territory of SS zone . .they can lay claim to their oil . . .but if otherwise, then they are helpless . . .and a landlocked state/ nation can never lay claim to the resources of a coastal nation . . .

Just clarifying certain issues . . .

You were suppose to verify this .

Jmaine was correct cool
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 989900: 12:12am On Jan 12, 2012
Very true, we need to know who we are directing our anger to. Not attacking anyone. Attack would make the protest go WAY OUR OF CONTROL

Theoretically they shouldn't attack senators but if the presidency does not yield this could possibly lead to a revolt against all the ruling class and past rulers.

When they pocket  N20m/month and people are suffering and can't even get 18k/month, I don't think the people would be able to take it anymore.

IMO looks we've gone past subsidy or no subsidy, the people are angry at all the deceit and cheating of the past 51 years.

They are angry that even though they've kept quiet these blood suckers still want more, and still see them as fools. . .if the story is true, that was SW protesters trying to maim or kill SW politicians. Same in Minna today.

And the way I see it , the longer it takes the more likelihood this spins into a revolution against corrupt leaders as a whole.

Hopefully we can keep a peaceful protest for long enough. Hopefully GEJ,  Cabal and co. get reasonable, wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:12am On Jan 12, 2012
No offense but SW and Norther leaders know this, they know about the governing treaties, Anyway, I'm not here arguing over oil because we in the SE don't have access to water other than through Onitsha port, LOL, you guys have no idea how many times I've looked @ Nigerian Map on Google Earth. In the event of split, all regions should just focus on harnessing their natural resources and NOT go to someone's else else it starts another civil war that will destroy.  

alj harem:

Very true, we need to know who we are directing our anger to. Not attacking anyone. [size=15pt]Attack would make the protest go WAY OUR OF CONTROL[/size]

Out of control is understatement, it will give the fucking police "stable grounds" to inflict pain on people, The sooner they adhere to public pleading like me (Please stay away from attacking folks), the better otherwise that will defeat the purpose of the protest. They say a word is enough for the wise, my people say "when you tell the ear, it will not listen, when you cut off the head, the ear follows", food for thought.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 12:13am On Jan 12, 2012
jmaine:

To make it clear to people what cessation means to the Niger Deltans folks, when they say, they would own the vast oil and gas mine underneath them . .

It's imperatives we clear that now, before the bug spreads across nairaland that cessation won't affects distribution and ownership of resources depending on their proximity, guided by international regulations and statutes

of course, this people are just pulling beaf's leg. Although it cannot be the whole coast line that would belong to ND.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 12:14am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

Very pathetic. International laws state 12 nautical miles. And onshore oil in the ND is only 10% of the oil revenue. 90% is off shore. So grin cheesy. Nigeria yi ti gbo gbo wa ni. Anyone can take their 10% cheesy grin. If they want to make this about oil, abeg we have to show dem sey we too get sense. We know what is in Nigeria. Make dem call SNC and go na. cool

Keep up the stup!dity to high decibels, bruv. We have been looking for any excuse to quit the unproductive place; so please give it to us, then come and ask silly questions about offshore oil on our seas later.

Dunce.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 12:16am On Jan 12, 2012
Rad1cal:

Which international law . .Go read up the law of the sea convention and stop harboring such mis-information

You were suppose to verify this .

Jmaine was correct  cool

You were supposed to do your research too.

* Coastal States exercise sovereignty over their territorial sea which they have the right to establish its breadth up to a limit not to exceed 12 nautical miles; foreign vessels are allowed "innocent passage" through those waters;

Land-locked and geographically disadvantaged States have the right to participate on an equitable basis in exploitation of an appropriate part of the surplus of the living resources of the EEZ's of coastal States of the same region or sub-region; highly migratory species of fish and marine mammals are accorded special protection;
http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by sheyguy: 12:17am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

couple that with the fact that the west and middle belt sustained these SS drunks with cocoa and tin money in the 50s respectively. If the try any non-sense '66 will be a joke to those fishermen.
Beaf is just a confused dude with no honour.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 12:17am On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

Out of control is understatement, it will give the bleeping police "stable grounds" to inflict pain on people,  The sooner they adhere to public pleading like me (Please stay away from attacking folks),[size=15pt] the better otherwise that will defeat the purpose of the protest[/size]. They say a word is enough for the wise, my people say "when you tell the ear, it will not listen, when you cut off the head, the ear follows", food for thought.

True, people need to take it easy. Now it seems like it is going to be hijack by touts looking to make some money.

[size=14pt]Now is the time for GEJ TO ACT LIKE A PRESIDENT AND DO THE MATURE THING BY HAVING AN OPEN DIALOGUE WITH NLC.
[/size]
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 12:18am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

of course, this people are just pulling beaf's leg. Although it cannot be the whole coast line that would belong to ND.

That is to say, there is no clear boundary between adjoining nations  shocked . . .Oga, hope say you no dey pull my leg sef join  grin
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 12:18am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

Keep up the stup!dity to high decibels, bruv. We have been looking for any excuse to quit the unproductive place; so please give it to us, then come and ask silly questions about offshore oil on our seas later.

Dunce.

No dude, you are the dunce. Seriously. Like all the pathetic advisers of GEJ, you dont do your home work before you come and spill trash. Only to be exposed. cheesy
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 12:20am On Jan 12, 2012
If this is taking an ethnic dimension. I say, GOD BLESS O.B.A! As Kpogede will say!
See how people are shouting oil up and down. The SE and the SW has oil, the ND has oil. The WHOLE SOUTH HAS OIL! This is not about oil people! Even Lagos has oil yet, its not regarded as an oil producing state.

http://www.2space.net/news/article/207621-1246012211/

So guys, the argument about oil has been defeated! Secondly, this protest is about accountability! This is our opportunity to put this country right. It is not about GEJ or ND or the rubbish some of you are posting.

Finally the youths are waking up!

If not, God bless "OBA"!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:20am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

Very pathetic. International laws state 12 nautical miles. And onshore oil in the ND is only 10% of the oil revenue. 90% is off shore. So  grin cheesy. Nigeria yi ti gbo gbo wa ni. Anyone can take their 10% cheesy grin. If they want to make this about oil, abeg we have to show dem sey we too get sense. We know what is in Nigeria. Make dem call SNC and go na. cool

Since you were gracious enough to have posted the link, please I hope you don't mind posting the PDF link for us to read. I'm seriously eager to read this.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 12:21am On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

Since you were gracious enough to have posted the link, please I hope you don't mind posting the PDF link for us to read. I'm seriously eager to read this.

This is for the easterner's and northerner's:

Land-locked and geographically disadvantaged States have the right to participate on an equitable basis in exploitation of an appropriate part of the surplus of the living resources of the EEZ's of coastal States of the same region or sub-region; highly migratory species of fish and marine mammals are accorded special protection;

I dont have access to my computer right now.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by aljharem(m): 12:21am On Jan 12, 2012
jmaine:

That is to say, there is no clear boundary between adjoining nations  shocked . . .Oga, hope say you no dey pull my leg sef join  grin

haba oga, I no dey pull ur leg o, the south-west geographically have access to sea abi Egbon jmaine you wan take that one too grin grin grin grin grin . LOL really but that aside. I am sure this might get out of hand if GEJ does not act soon.

As each day pass by, Nigeria is looking like a lawless country where disorder is the order of the day.

GEJ NEEDS TO ACT NOW AND STOP ACT NOW STUBBORN or what do you think ?
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

This is for the easterner's:

I dont have access to my computer right now.

Again, post your cited PDF or text link where you read you 12miles in context to EEZ, like I said, I'm really eager to read this.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

Dunce.

You MR are a big I d i o t! Your complete reliance on Oil which is a Natural resource doesn't make you any different from a chimpanzee in the wild! Between, the eventual "owners" will be whoever has a bigger gun, and i bet your monkey a s s will not be willing to fight if it boils down to it, We all know the region that has the bigger guns and brains in Nigeria if we should go that route, Just f u c k off dude, offshore oil on "your seas" my a s s, Is your father's name written on the water?? Ode oshi!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 12, 2012
Yoruba on Yoruba crime = Classic

Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 12, 2012
To be honest, i really wish one could throw electronic punches! i will use everything on this scum of the earth called MR BEAF OR CHICKEN. Olori ibu!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:28am On Jan 12, 2012
As a matter of fact, I found mine, have you?  embarassed embarassed embarassed

According to the United Nations Conventions On The Laws of Seas, Part V Article 57, it clearly says

"The exclusive economic zone shall not extend beyond 200 nautical miles from the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial sea is measured".

http://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/closindx.htm

As you can see, Jmaine was CORRECT.

Like I said, I'm eager to see your 12 nautical miles and how it deals with economic zone boundaries.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 12, 2012
These mad people never know that the end is near. Wind don blow, now fowl yansh don open. I dont phucking care about this yeye protest. My mom's kitchen which she preferred zinc and not the usual Asbestos everyone is using has been rusted again within 6 months cos of a phucking oil well at  my backyard. I have been filling sand in this well to stop shell BP and Mobil Unltd from making attempt at drilling. If i use tanker take this oil, you people will call me oil bunker and if i tell Feds about it, it becomes a property of "One Nigeria". What has Nigeria done for my family than share the reserves acrued from N'Delta to majority tribes in the name of subsidy. WHo feels it, knows it, You can can keep protesting without knowing people are dying for the common greed.  Yorubas have left cocoa, hausas have left groundnut, enugu has left coal. All man is sharing crude oil money while we oil community indigenes get nothing more than pollution.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 12, 2012
always amusing when one hears these nders making noise about nd republic. lukily for them, ibori is in jail, or it would have been a WAR between the mn and odili. let them break off, an dif they are lucky, they get peter odili as president. he's prolly the only one who hs any form of control over the army of thugs under the mend umbrella. if he fails the nd will make sierra leone look like a christmas party
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by nelly4(f): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2012
Segun Fabunmi, who killed Ademola in cold blood, had previously killed some1 sometime ago. He was dismissed and later re-instated after 6yrs with the help of late DCP Adegbite. He has done it again.
He built a house at no 1 Oduwole Street ogudu ori oke with fleet of cars over 15. Let d Police, SSS, Human Rights Activists etc investigate him.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

You were supposed to do your research too.
http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm

Let's resolve this mis-conception once and for all  . . either in your haste to unearth facts to back up your claims or either mischievously . .you failed to see the highlighted part below

Coastal States exercise sovereignty over their territorial sea which they have the right to establish its breadth up to a limit not to exceed 12 nautical miles; foreign vessels are allowed "innocent passage" through those waters;
* Ships and aircraft of all countries are allowed "transit passage" through straits used for international navigation; States bordering the straits can regulate navigational and other aspects of passage;
* Archipelagic States, made up of a group or groups of closely related islands and interconnecting waters, have sovereignty over a sea area enclosed by straight lines drawn between the outermost points of the islands; the waters between the islands are declared archipelagic waters where States may establish sea lanes and air routes in which all other States enjoy the right of archipelagic passage through such designated sea lanes;

* [size=16pt]Coastal States have sovereign rights in a 200-nautical mile exclusive economic zone (EEZ) with respect to natural resources and certain economic activities, and exercise jurisdiction over marine science research and environmental protection; [/size]

* All other States have freedom of navigation and overflight in the EEZ, as well as freedom to lay submarine cables and pipelines;
* Land-locked and geographically disadvantaged States have the right to participate on an equitable basis in exploitation of an [size=18pt]appropriate part of the surplus of the living resources [/size]of the EEZ's of coastal States of the same region or sub-region; highly migratory species of fish and marine mammals are accorded special protection;

* [size=16pt]Coastal States have sovereign rights over the continental shelf (the national area of the seabed) for exploring and exploiting it; the shelf can extend at least 200 nautical miles from the shore, and more under specified circumstances[/size];

* Coastal States share with the international community part of the revenue derived from exploiting resources from any part of their shelf beyond 200 miles;

Still from your source======> http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm

Living resources depicts the biotic resources of the sea e.g fishes e.t.c
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2012
LeoMax:

These mad people never know that the end is near. Wind don blow, now fowl yansh don open. I dont phucking care about this yeye protest. My mom's kitchen which she preferred zinc and not the usual Asbestos everyone is using has been rusted again within 6 months cos of a phucking oil well at  my backyard. I have been filling sand in this well to stop shell BP and Mobil Unltd from making attempt at drilling. If i use tanker take this oil, you people will call me oil bunker and if i tell Feds about it, it becomes a property of "One Nigeria". What has Nigeria done for my family than share the reserves acrued from N'Delta to majority tribes in the name of subsidy. WHo feels it, knows it,  You can can keep protesting without knowing people are dying for the common greed.  Yorubas have left cocoa, hausas have left groundnut, enugu has left coal. All man is sharing crude oil money while we oil community indigenes get nothing more than pollution.

You are right, Oil is the black gold and easy money i guess, Its sad though, But whatever, who cares? I will take Human resources over Natural resources anytime. Nature's resources can be depleted, but the Man's imaginations is infinite.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 12:35am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

You MR are a big I d i o t! [size=14pt]Your complete reliance on Oil [/size] which is a Natural resource doesn't make you any different from a chimpanzee in the wild! Between, the eventual "owners" will be whoever has a bigger gun, and i bet your monkey a s s will not be willing to fight if it boils down to it, We all know the region that has the bigger guns and brains in Nigeria if we should go that route, Just f u c k off dude, offshore oil on "your seas" my a s s, Is your father's name written on the water?? Ode oshi!

Who is fighting in the streets for awuf when the country has much more serious structural problems? Not you? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
"Owners of Nigeria" as Gbawe calls you and "bigger brains of Nigeria" as you call you call yourselves, why are you fighting in the streets for awuf like youre gonna die?
If state governors and LG's cannot proce nada and you are fighting for another mans resource, then you've got to be asking yourself some pretty deep questions.
Doesn't it embarrass you deepely each time your governor returns from Abuja with a full beggars bowl, whereas you are not disabled?

Lol @ awuf luv'n morafukers!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2012
jmaine:

Let's resolve this mis-conception once and for all  . . either in your haste to unearth facts to back up your claims or either mischievously . .you failed to see the highlighted part below

Still from your source======> http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm

Living resources depicts the biotic resources of the sea e.g fishes e.t.c

The Convention entered into force in accordance with its article 308 on 16 November 1994, 12 months after the date of deposit of the sixtieth instrument of ratification or accession. [size=18pt]Today, it is the globally recognized regime dealing with all matters relating to the law of the sea[/size].

Abeg dont bother me again. Stop posting outdated shi*tes. I have posted the link. Read and digest. 12 nautical miles it says. 12 nautical miles it is. Na me write am? Economic rights and sovreignty are the same?EXCLUSIVE too. This is Nigeria remember. It was never exclusive. ROTFLMAO. No wonder we lost bakassi to cameroon. It can extend to 200 miles. But the standard is 12. That was the first definition in the article. It says sovereignty is 12miles. Discuss with the people in the UN.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 12:38am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

If this is taking an ethnic dimension. I say, GOD BLESS O.B.A! As Kpogede will say!
See how people are shouting oil up and down. The[b] SE and the SW has oil,[/b] the ND has oil. The WHOLE SOUTH HAS OIL! This is not about oil people! Even Lagos has oil yet, its not regarded as an oil producing state.

http://www.2space.net/news/article/207621-1246012211/

So guys, the argument about oil has been defeated! Secondly, this protest is about accountability! This is our opportunity to put this country right. It is not about GEJ or ND or the rubbish some of you are posting.

Finally the youths are waking up!

If not, God bless "OBA"!

BLESS YOU,

Tell that yeye[b] BEAF[/b] to STFU.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

As a matter of fact, I found mine, have you?  embarassed embarassed embarassed

According to the United Nations Conventions On The Laws of Seas, Part V Article 57, it clearly says

"The exclusive economic zone shall not extend beyond 200 nautical miles from the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial sea is measured".

As you can see, Jmaine was CORRECT.

Like I said, I'm eager to see your 12 nautical miles and how it deals with economic zone boundaries.

Cmon bro, I have told you to open a blog. Use your economic knowledge to highlight and ventilate issues that would positively effect SE.

If you think you can logically engage with goons on here. You are in for a VERY long ride.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 12:39am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

To be honest, i really wish one could throw electronic punches! i will use everything on this scum of the earth called MR BEAF OR CHICKEN. Olori ibu!

But I can throw some really wikid and devastating cyber punches if I want to. Its just not right. Lol!
I'll keep my tricks to use on strategic places like **************, if any hostilities break out. grin grin grin grin
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:40am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

Abeg dont bother me again. Stop posting outdated shi*tes. I have posted the link. Read and digest. 12 nautical miles it says. 12 nautical miles it is. Na me write am?

Ok, PLEASE and PLEASE, what article did you find your updated data? Give us guidance on how you found out your information because I for one will like to read it,  Meanwhile, this is mine Part V, Article 56, 57 and 58,

Click on it, it's a direct link,
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 12:41am On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

No offense but SW and Norther leaders know this, they know about the governing treaties,  Anyway, I'm not here arguing over oil because we in the SE don't have access to water other than through Onitsha port, LOL, you guys have no idea how many times I've looked @ Nigerian Map on Google Earth. In the event of split, all regions should just focus on harnessing their natural resources and NOT go to someone's else else it starts another civil war that will destroy.  

Out of control is understatement, it will give the bleeping police "stable grounds" to inflict pain on people,  The sooner they adhere to public pleading like me (Please stay away from attacking folks), the better otherwise that will defeat the purpose of the protest. They say a word is enough for the wise, my people say "when you tell the ear, it will not listen, when you cut off the head, the ear follows", food for thought.

HMM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC / "IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / 2023: It's Better North Retains Power Instead Of South West - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.