Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! (20751 Views)

Saraki : Senators Set For Stormy Session Tomorrow - Punch / Accident At Onipanu If You Heading Towards maryland / Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

Who is fighting in the streets for awuf when the country has much more serious structural problems? Not you? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
"Owners of Nigeria" as Gbawe calls you and "bigger brains of Nigeria" as you call you call yourselves, why are you fighting in the streets for awuf like youre gonna die?
If state governors and LG's cannot proce nada and you are fighting for another mans resource, then you've got to be asking yourself some pretty deep questions.
Doesn't it embarrass you deepely each time your governor returns from Abuja with a full beggars bowl, whereas you are not disabled?

Lol @ awuf luv'n morafukers!

Set aside ethnic prejudices, the whole of Nigeria as a whole is f u c k e d , including the people. My point is, when everyone decides to go their separate ways, at least this will encourage unity among the said newly formed sovereign states and will foster healthy competition. Then will we see which region's citizens will be begging for visa soon abi? Please drop your excessive claims about resources, move on buddy!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 12:44am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

HMM!!!

What's the hmm all about? I'm not here fighting nor arguing about oil, what I'm arguing about is Settlement and Boundaries on the Economic Zone activity.

Olodostein:

Cmon bro, I have told you to open a blog. Use your economic knowledge to highlight and ventilate issues that would positively effect SE.

If you think you can logically engage with goons on here. You are in for a VERY long ride.

Lol, I wish I could, but anyway, time will decide if I do or not.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

What's the hmm all about? I'm not here fighting nor arguing about oil, what I'm arguing about is Settlement and Boundaries on the Economic Zone activity.

Lol, I wish I could, but anyway, time will decide if I do or not.

I know, but SE won't have issue.

I see a big battle in the Gulf of Guinea.

And it will be between the SW and SS.

I heard the US positioned a WAR-SHIP there.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

Gosh, sorry, but absolutely no basis for this theory!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 12:55am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

What issues? That the Edo and Itsekiri peeps won't want to join the ND rep?? PPPLLLLLSSSSSSS! No one should force anyone to any republic. If there is no Southern Nigeria, old allies would be formed, ancestry lineages will link up!. Even anioma will join the SE. Uhrobo will follow the Edo peeps.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 12:56am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

Gosh, sorry, but absolutely no basis for this theory!

Have you seen the MAP of Gulf of Guinea?

The-same theory made Cameroon fought for Bakassi.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 12:57am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

What issues? That the Edo and Itsekiri peeps won't want to join the ND rep?? PPPLLLLLSSSSSSS! No one should force anyone to any republic. If there is no Southern Nigeria, old allies would be formed, ancestry lineages will link up!. Even anioma will join the SE. Uhrobo will follow the Edo peeps.

Who will remain in the SS.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 12:59am On Jan 12, 2012
If given the opportunity, the new "majority" in any republic will be do worse than what the Hausas have done in Nigeria.

No one wants to be a slave to anyone so its better we all go our own way if there is no southern Nigeria.

I can't just help but foresee a DARK future in ND rep. Where oil wars will be the order of the day! Villages will raid eachother to take back "ancestral land" and control oil blocks etc.

May God forbid my people in such a republic!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 1:00am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

Well, I think SW is more disadvantage over SS because SS is more closer to the resources when it comes to that and it will take a GREAT DEAL for SW to travel by sea almost 220+miles out to SS to defend something that's literally not theirs. The issue of Bakassi was a great mistake made by our president, IT WILL NOT REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

Just a question? Who are the Edo peeps? Edo Yoruba or Edo Ibo? Please enlighten me, i don't claim to be well versed, just wondering?
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 1:02am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm

Abeg dont bother me again. Stop posting outdated shi*tes. I have posted the link. Read and digest. 12 nautical miles it says. 12 nautical miles it is. Na me write am? Economic rights and sovreignty are the same?EXCLUSIVE too. This is Nigeria remember. It was never exclusive. ROTFLMAO. No wonder we lost bakassi to cameroon. It can extend to 200 miles. But the standard is 12. That was the first definition in the article. It says sovereignty is 12miles. Discuss with the people in the UN.

Always hasty . .  what i placed before you was from your own link . .and now you shamelessly declare it outdated because you have being found out for your desperate lies   grin . .

if you doubt, kindly go check it out . .do not be hasty again   cheesy

so you feel a poor grasp of reading simple lines is our fault . . . Your desperate attempt must be culled lest you affect others with your mis-information . . .

Coastal States exercise sovereignty over their territorial sea which they have the right to establish its breadth up to a limit not to exceed 12 nautical miles; [size=14pt][b]foreign vessels are allowed "innocent passage" through those waters[/size][/b]

Have you seen what that line was meant to serve . .and the other 200 nautical miles plainly addressing exploiting the wealth of the sea . . . you can't keep on with this . .

just accept you made a mistake by mis-interpreting simple glaring sentences
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:03am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

Who will remain in the SS.

Bruv, I don't know but one thing is CERTAIN, Edos (probably Uhrobo and whoever) and Itsekiris will NOT be in it!

What is going on now is just unity by convenience! As in, we have a common enemy. Once that is gone, welcome to HELL! As the USA will play the ethnic card to see groups fight eachother to the finish because of OIL. NO WAY!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 1:04am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

What war? In this exclusive state of Nigeria, it is even 12 miles. This is why bakassi was cornered by Cameroon. Which kain 200miles separates cameroon from Nigeria for them to reclaim Bakassi. Dont let NL dunces fool you. Oil i s a Nigerian resource also found in the SW. finito. Who nor like am fit die sha.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by MAYOWAAK: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2012
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%9Crevolution%E2%80%9D-four-senators-attacked-protesters-ibadan
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by 2mch(m): 1:06am On Jan 12, 2012
jmaine:

Always hasty . .  what i placed before you was from your own link . .and now you shamelessly declare it outdated because you have being found out for your desperate lies   grin . .

if you doubt, kindly go check it out . .do not be hasty again   cheesy

so you feel a poor grasp of reading simple lines is our fault . . . Your desperate attempt must be culled lest you affect others with your mis-information . . .

Have you seen what that line was meant to serve . .and the other 200 nautical miles plainly addressing exploiting the wealth of the sea . . . you can't keep on with this . .

just accept you made a mistake by mis-interpreting simple glaring sentences

I dont like to quote wikipedia, but maybe this can help you understand why we lost cameroon. E ya. Biko.

By 1967, only 25 nations still used the old three-mile limit, [size=18pt]while 66 nations had set a 12-mile territorial limit [/size]and eight had set a 200-mile limit. As of May 28, 2008, only two countries still use the three-mile limit: Jordan and Palau.[3] That limit is also used in certain Australian islands, an area of Belize, some Japanese straits, certain areas of Papua New Guinea, and a few British Overseas Territories, such as Anguilla.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_on_the_Law_of_the_Sea

* [size=18pt]Coastal States exercise sovereignty over their territorial sea which they have the right to establish its breadth up to a limit not to exceed 12 nautical miles[/size]; foreign vessels are allowed "innocent passage" through those waters;

Basic definition by the UN
http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_convention.htm
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 1:06am On Jan 12, 2012
Using these Map SW and SS will need to define coastal  boundaries.

Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 1:06am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

Set aside ethnic prejudices, the whole of Nigeria as a whole is f u c k e d , including the people. My point is, when everyone decides to go their separate ways, at least this will encourage unity among the said newly formed sovereign states and will foster healthy competition. Then will we see which region's citizens will be begging for visa soon abi? Please drop your excessive claims about resources, move on buddy!

Dude, I have no ethnic prejudices. I watched with disbelief the way the protest was promoted as a largely ethnic thing and like most educated SE/SS people, rightly see it as camouflaged cannon fire aimed at our regions. Several powerful people have made overt and covert threats to deal with our regions once power is transfered; so we have bunkered down to defend ourserlves by any means necessary.

I share all your views about how a healthy system should run, but as you say, Nigeria is phucked.
Our only reality today is oil. The peoples unwillingness to break away from it is evident in the illogical demonstrations and deaths in our streets today. It is artificial to suggest that I stop talking about resources, because that is what it is about. When did the Nigerian ever come out to demonstrate about a proper citizen-state contract that guarantees rewards for effort, belonging, and protection of the citizen? Its never happened, but awuf can bring us baying into the streets, because we are pushed by ulterior motives and waved into action by ethnic champions. Its very embarrassing.

I always predicted openly on NL that the demos would amount to nothing because they have a zero ideological footing, its only about immediate satiation of greed and "phuck future generations." Well, left alone, it would break up into open robbery, ra'pe and anarchy; the protesters will soon kill an innocent soul. You wanna bet?

One of the benefits of awuf, is a society that cannot apply itself and becomes progressively shallow thinking and in search of immediate quenching of its worldly desires. That is the bigger picture of the protests.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:08am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

Just a question? Who are the Edo peeps? Edo Yoruba or Edo Ibo? Please enlighten me, i don't claim to be well versed, just wondering?

A group of people that produced the wonderful dynasties we have in the West. From the Oduduwa revolution to the Olu Ginuwa. I think they also produced the Obi of Onicha etc (not to sure though. I need to read up on that).
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 1:11am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, I have no ethnic prejudices. I watched with disbelief the way the protest was promoted as a largely ethnic thing and like most educated[b] SE/SS [/b]people, rightly see it as camouflaged conon fire aimed at our regions. Several powerful people have made overt and covert threats to deal with our regions once power is transfered; so we have bunkered down to defend ourserlves by any means necessary.

I share all your views about how a healthy system should run, but as you say, Nigeria is phucked.
Our only reality today is oil. The peoples unwillingness to break away from it is evident in the illogical demonstrations and deaths in our streets today. It is artificial to suggest that I stop talking about resources, because that is what it is about. When did the Nigerian ever come out to demonstrate about a proper citizen-state contract that guarantees rewards for effort, belonging, and protection of the citizen? Its never happened, but awuf can bring us baying into the streets, because we are pushed by ulterior motives and waved into action by ethnic champions. Its very embarrassing.

I always predicted openly on NL that the demos would amount to nothing because they have a zero ideological footing, its only about immediate satiation of greed and "phuck future generations." Well, left alone, it would break up into open robbery, ra'pe and anarchy; the protesters will soon kill an innocent soul. You wanna bet?

One of the benefits of awuf, is a society that cannot apply itself and becomes progressively shallow thinking and in search of immediate quenching of its worldly desires. That is the bigger picture of the protests.

What is SS/SE? angry angry angry angry

The-same way the Northerners formed Hausa/Fulani.

Why don't you leave the SE out of your politics .
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

A group of people that produced the wonderful dynasties we have in the West. From the Oduduwa revolution to the Olu Ginuwa. I think they also produced the Obi of Onicha etc (not to sure though. I need to read up on that).

Edo girls a fine sha, me i likey. Thank God life on earth is not forever. At the end of the day, our days on earth are numbered, in a perfect world, Nigeria won't be so corrupt, it would be a country where everyone is their brother's keepers from the high to the low of the society, where we have good roads, hardworking folks, crime is minimal, electricity, good educational system etc. My conclusion is that been Black seems to be a curse, the common denomination of the black race is backwardness.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 1:15am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

Dude, shut up and quit speaking for others. You and your family alone would go to Oduduwa.
The Urhobo, Ijaws, Itsekiri's of Delta state are all one in the fight against oppression.

But in every 12, there is a Judas; I guess thats who you are. But wiser NLers know that you are just another incanation of the grass munching alj haram.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jmaine: 1:17am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

I dont like to quote wikipedia, but maybe this can help you understand why we lost cameroon. E ya. Biko.

Dude, you accused me of quoting an outdated link and i have no probs if you even quote Wikipedia . . .but, did you see what i just saw in your supposed puncher  cheesy . .it's right below you  grin  . .

Always hasty  cool

[size=16pt]By 1967[/size], only 25 nations still used the old three-mile limit, while 66 nations had set a 12-mile territorial limit and eight had set a 200-mile limit. As of May 28, 2008, only two countries still use the three-mile limit: Jordan and Palau.[3] That limit is also used in certain Australian islands, an area of Belize, some Japanese straits, certain areas of Papua New Guinea, and a few British Overseas Territories, such as Anguilla.

Okay, let me reinforce my position using the same wikipedia . . .

[size=16pt]These extend from the edge of the territorial sea out to 200 nautical miles from the baseline.[/size] [size=16pt]Within this area, the coastal nation has sole exploitation rights over all natural resources.[/size] In casual use, the term may include the territorial sea and even the continental shelf. The EEZs were introduced to halt the increasingly heated clashes over fishing rights, although oil was also becoming important

Damn  grin !! give it up already dude, and stop wriggling in the hook of lies . .whichever way you turn to . .you are still hooked . .

Let me let you be  wink
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:17am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, shut up and quit speaking for others. You and your family alone would go to Oduduwa.
The Urhobo, Ijaws, Itsekiri's of Delta state are all one in the fight against oppression.

But in every 12, there is a Judas; I guess thats who you are. But wiser NLers know that you are just another incanation of the grass munching alj haram.

^^^^

Hahaha, I knew you couldn't resist the temptation. I could careless about what you think. The future will speak for itself. Niger-delta republic my a55!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

^^^^

Hahaha, I knew you couldn't resist the temptation. I could careless about what you think. The future will speak for itself. Niger-delta republic my a55!

LOL, you lot are funny! But the SW won't mind the fyne a s s Edo girls integrating with them sha, the men can remain with ND republic.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:23am On Jan 12, 2012
What is the point of a total split if the new countries will be exactly like Nigeria, I ask?? What the Eff would an Anioma or Ikwerri be doing in ND republic?? What the eff will an Itsekiri and/or Ilaje be doing in ND republic??

Kindly educate yourselves, to whom it may concern:

http://www.baobabafricaonline.com/If_Nigeria_should_disintegrate.htm

http://iuf.piczo.com/?g=25865804&cr=7  (especially this)

Oda-ejuma!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by manny4life(m): 1:26am On Jan 12, 2012
2mch:

So what rule was Nigeria using when they lost to Cameroon?  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Here is my own take on this

Coastal States [size=16pt]exercise sovereignty [/size]over their territorial sea which they have the right to establish its breadth up to a limit not to exceed 12 nautical miles; foreign vessels are allowed "innocent passage" through those waters;

What I understand is the first one clearly spelled out they will exercise sovereignty up to 12 miles where by ships maybe allowed to pass, sort of like a border, just like someone cannot go through your border control (territory)

Coastal States have sovereign rights in a 200-nautical mile exclusive economic zone (EEZ) with respect to natural resources and certain economic activities, and exercise jurisdiction over marine science research and environmental protection;

While the 200mile, is a RIGHT for Exclusive Economic Zone. The first recognized a RIGHT as part of controlled territory, while the second recognizes right further in the case of natural resources etc. After your first 12miles of territory, if the extra 200 miles is present you're entitled to it as well. In this case, we are talking about NATURAL RESOURCES not a controlled border.

I assume why Nigeria lost her case to Cameroon is simply because ICJ found out that territory sovereignty did indeed rest with Cameroon than it did with Nigeria, though the case was complex dated back more than 100+ years ago.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by emmatok(m): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2012
engineerd:

LOL, you lot are funny! But the SW won't mind the fyne a s s Edo girls integrating with them sha, the men can remain with ND republic.

The Ilajes, Itsekiri, Edo, and some Ijaws  are Historically linked to the Yorubas.

The Olu of Warri, is a Yoruba title.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:30am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

The Ilajes, Itsekiri, Edo, and some Ijaws  are Historically linked to the Yorubas.

Well said!

For the IGNORANT HERE:

Bomb Blast: Only a split can stop violence in Nigeria - Oodua group

AOKOYA said it has embarked in an intensive campaign to[b] realize self determination for Yoruba people and their Itsekiri brothers in a peaceful and civilized manner[/b]. “We shall doggedly pursue the realization of Oduduwa republic, where peace, love and brotherhood are the guiding principles.”

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9258:bomb-blast-only-a-split-can-stop-violence-in-nigeria-oodua-group&catid=31:general&Itemid=69
http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/wazobiaisalienotnigeria/forum/topics/yoruba-group-demands-secession-calls-on-un-to-conduct-referendum?xg_source=activity

Enough said!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 1:31am On Jan 12, 2012
Bakassi is not even on the sea, it is a peninsular, not even an island. 2mch is quite addled and deluded.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by jason123: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2012
emmatok:

Even the Apoi Ijaws will not tell you they are Ijaws but Arogbo will. The owner of Sahara reporters is from Apoi!
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf:

thank you, tell that lying f0rk to always speak for him self, not even, for his immediate family, but himself alone, i am sure he has been disowned,

that is if ever he was from that region.
Re: Heading Towards Arab Spring?: Senators Attacked! by Beaf: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2012
When the time comes, we shall see about all these Yoruba claims to ND territory. Until then, keep smoking. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. / ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate / Nigeria To Seal Refinery Deal With S/Arabia H1, 2024, Despite Skepticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.