Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Labour Calls Off Strike! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Calls Off Strike! (26634 Views)

Organised Labour Calls For Death Sentence For Treasury Looters / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / Breaking News:labour Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by purefella(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
nlc sold out , bunch of bastards oshiomole and co
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by potiglo: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
WE HAVE BEEN USED BY LABOUR TO ACHEIVE THEIR SELFISH INTEREST, THEY KNOW THAT IF TUNDE BAKARE WAS NOT ARRESTED THIS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE, NIGERIA I CRY, WE CAN STILL FIGHT,  LABOUR OR NO LABOUR
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by okunboy: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Apo awon guys ti wu Pocket don swell my brother!. To the dead; RIP, To the Living; go to the filling station and buy your fuel (N97). End of Story
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by beespak7(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ghana must go bags don exchange hands
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by gascoign1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
I saw this coming,nevertheless the people will prevail,
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by narttis1: 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
jennykadry:

My father Just told me
Is your father part of the NLC executives?
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Adrian008(f): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2012

When i saw the interview of that  imbecille called A Waheed Omar last night i knew they had sold out. He could not string two sentecnes together and kept on mumbering ! Money have exchanged hands, and may the spirit of the innocent lost souls continue to hunt the labour leaders till their death.

Amen!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mufc009(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
How did the FEC get N97? Diezani's age(52) + Ngozi's age(58) minus the number of years PDP has ruled Nigeria 110-13 = 97. Prove me wrong.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by stagger: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
A popular musician of yesteryears once said:

"I am laughing all the way to the bank".

Whenever people yabbed him and made all sorts of foul remarks such as those abusing labour, he would say:

"I am crying all the way to the bank".

At some point, when he had so much money, he said:

"I am no longer laughing or crying to the bank. Now, I OWN THE BANK!"

So whether people laugh or shout or curse the labour leaders, they have at least become a few millions richer! Strike is now a money-vending machine!

1 Like

Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by kayode72: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
If and when we are ready to free ourselves from the bondage of these thieving bastards you call leaders we wont look up to labour to call for strike or call it off at their convenience. Arab spring did not start with labour.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by martin123: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
ok

at filling stations:
marketers: we cant sell at current price until we finish old stock

Why did'nt you finish old stock when it moved from 65 to 141? greedy nigerians, wicked people
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by millionbuc(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by shakers(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
you guys should not blame them, we all knew it was not possible to get back to 65 naira,  they have done their best and i salute their courage,
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
The movement of the people should continue their insurrection.Labour only represent naija workers,the people are responsible for themselves. . .
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Mayflowa(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC were shown the financial truth and what Nigeria stands  to gain by the trio of Ikonjo, Sanusi and Madueke. They wer just dogmatic, unyielding and recalcitrant because of being slandered as betrayal by the people.

However, partial removal will get us no where in terms of private employment. Just govt savings probably for capital project and fund minimum wage. The gains from the private sectors only come in with complete removal.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Joygirl2011: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
If u took time to listen to d NLC leaders n see their countenance,u would know they were intimidated. Govt may have threatened them. I think they have done well considering d kind of country we r in.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by jedisco(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
Let us see the next 6 months. If there is the desired improvement then the whole subsidy should be removed
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by phantom(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Funny,
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mufc009(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Labour don finish dem part. What about us? *Martyr Muyideen Mustafa was murdered on Jan. 3rd, while labour joined the protest on Jan. 9th.This fight has now gotten worse, lives will be occupied aggressively! Don't chicken out please in d name of God
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by omo9ja1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
well I think both parties need to come to a compromise

the FG have compromise

well happy fresh air
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by ness90(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
These NLC leaders have failed us yet again.
Whom should we believe now? We can't trust our NASS because they never mean their words. We can't trust labour too because they are after their wallets too.
Only God can help us o
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by tenry(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
back to work everyone especially ladies, you have had enough sex, let's return to our girl friends and sugar mummy. on the street level!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by librangyps(f): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
Bizmen I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d east didn't waste their time sitting at home and trusting NLC, they knew it wud b a waste I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d end, 97 or 141 is same to me cos tfare and food will still b up with the excuse that fuel price is up, U myt as well bear d brunt of d whole 141 once and for all and give GEJ a chance, Ω̴̩̩̩̥ow I guess y'all enjoyed ur holiday, Ω̴̩̩̩̥ow get ur lazy arses back to work, ₪☺ offeeennnce
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by blkmum700: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
May God Punish NLC president and TUC president for selling us out to Jonothon,they don't represent us or speak for us,they only negotiate for them self.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mufc009(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
We will not fail, we will not falter, we will not fall, our voices will continue to be heard till change occurs
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by tigerleggs(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
Thank God it's over. If you are not happy, go and hug transformer. I've had enough.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by phreakabit(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mufc009(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Wow NLC made the FG to sacrifice 25% of their basic salary while Nigerians will suffer 50% increase in cost of living! NLC thank u una try.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Lost battle again. which way #occupynigeria
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by sammirano: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Am just wondering, what would the FG have said to the NLC leaders to turn them to idiots they have become to parade on the screen. it shows the threat was high as to what has been done for them in past.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by hbrednic: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
now that  the goverment has separated the wheat,the chaff will face the full force of the law.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by erimma86(f): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
[b]NLC FAILED US WE DEY STARVE OF HUNGER AND THEY ARE SMILLING TO THE BANK,GEJ MAKE A LITRE 200NAIRA I SWEAR WONT BE ON STRIKE AGAIN,

WHAT IS IN ASO ROCK FOOD THAT PEOPLE EAT AND COME OUT AND SAY OPPOSITE,JUST SUBSIDY ONLY NO TALK OF CORRUPTION,SO THE CORRUPTION GALORE CONTINUES,ALL THIS NOISE WE DONT EVEN KNOW THE CABALS,CABALS CABALS,HMMM I WEEP BUT NO TEARS COMO[/b]T
WHERE IS MY FADAS GONE ILL GO ON A PERSONAL HUNTING FOR THE CABALS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Service Chiefs Arrive Senate For Their Screening Today / Dino Melaye Disses The ‘state,’ Says ‘I Remain Unbowed’ / Audio Leak: Wike And Fayose Mock Nigerian Army Over Rivers Rerun - Sahara R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.