Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? (34051 Views)

Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Osama10(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
We are watching the movie.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by auwal87(m): 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
North East + North West = Arewa Republic
North Central (Middle Belt) = Nigeria?
South West = Odua
South East = Biafra

Nigeria is an imaginary nation, until we wake up from the slumber, we will then realize that the country is really not one, we are left with a system which is not working and will never work, each ethnic group want to be the alpha and the omega of the country which is not possible. The country was actually not designed to last forever, the sooner you wake up from the dream the sooner you understand the true setup and re-structure or dis-integrate the country in order for each group to move its own people forward. Nigeria is the only African country presently that is still struggling with power. Have you ever wondered how many non-employed graduates we have in Arewa? Imagine if Arewa is an independent country, and as Sardauna always say "northerner first" so in no time, thousands of Arewians will be employed all over the private and public sector of the country. Banks will remain, communication companies will remain, we will still have our dignity, yet we are independent. Wake Up!!!
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by ehie007(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
Am sure his legal people will appeal, d best they can give him is life sentence,

www.emujphotography.com.ng
For your event coverage.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by ehie007(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
Am sure his legal people will appeal, d best they can give him is life sentence,

www.emujphotography.com.ng
For your event coverage.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by tflow: 12:01am On Jan 31, 2012
na today, where is rev. king
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by MarcAnthon(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2012
I don't think Mustafa had smart lawyers. They should have urged him, when all his subordinates began to testify against him, to change his plea to 'guilty' and blame it on military hierarchy where he received orders from Abacha himself, who is conveniently dead. That way he would have gotten away with a much lighter sentence. Guess they weren't reading the handwriting on the wall.
Although justice us served, it won't be out of place to imagine he was powerless to do anything to stop those events IF the paranoid Abacha had ordered them. The only thing u might blame him for then is that he should have resigned, but that would have meant certain death for him and his entire family. It was a catch 22 situation but I don't feel sorry for him because while his reign lasted he was all over the place feeling like a god. Now he answering for his past sins.
Even if they eventually free him - which is not beyond imagination - in the mean time he'd have to confront his mortality in uncertainty, and that should be scary. I don't envy him at all.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 31, 2012
where is cliford Orji ?
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by kilandcure: 12:28am On Jan 31, 2012
make una watch am well o because he can still escape or BH boyz go come free am for police hand as e be say we no get security for 9ija
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Breeze5000: 12:45am On Jan 31, 2012
MarcAnthon:

I don't think Mustafa had smart lawyers. They should have urged him, when all his subordinates began to testify against him, to change his plea to 'guilty' and blame it on military hierarchy where he received orders from Abacha himself, who is conveniently dead. That way he would have gotten away with a much lighter sentence. Guess they weren't reading the handwriting on the wall.
Although justice us served, it won't be out of place to imagine he was powerless to do anything to stop those events IF the paranoid Abacha had ordered them. The only thing u might blame him for then is that he should have resigned, but that would have meant certain death for him and his entire family. It was a catch 22 situation but I don't feel sorry for him because while his reign lasted he was all over the place feeling like a god. Now he answering for his past sins.
Even if they eventually free him - which is not beyond imagination - in the mean time he'd have to confront his mortality in uncertainty, and that should be scary. I don't envy him at all.

Actually Mustapha sort of imprisoned Abacha. Did you ever see Abacha traveled to anywhere?  Mustapha as the CSO was always telling him shadows are chasing him or his own shadow would assassinate him. Abacha trusted him explicitly and he exploited that. Not even allowing his superior (Generals) see or come close to Abacha. He insults and disrespects them, and at a time he was indirectly running things
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by aljharem(m): 1:56am On Jan 31, 2012
nagoma:

Sorry I can't remember when Bayo Ojo or Michael Aondoakaa were president of Nigeria.

I don't think they have to be president to do their duty. we have 3 arms of government

1. legistrative ( senators, HOR)

2. executive ( President)

3. judicial (Judges)

the judicial has her own power regardless of the executive power, thus president GEJ cannot over rule it

as far as I am aware
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by aljharem(m): 2:12am On Jan 31, 2012
lucenzo:

why must you mention igbo in every thing you do. Show one post by an igbo man that said any thing wrong. Enough of this nonsense.

you must start learning to talk to willy willy to stop digressing every topic

It is annoying angry
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 31, 2012
Whatever happened to death by lethal injection? Hanging, electrocution e.t. Is too barbaric, we need to upgrade
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 31, 2012
Yes! I read about this guy long time ago on how he confessed to be a killing machine for the late dictator, Sani Abacha. Most of our leader hands are not clean though - just to clarify something about him, to see this man as the only culprit is absolutely absurd!
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 31, 2012
jennykadry:

Whatever happened to death by lethal injection? Hanging, electrocution e.t. Is too barbaric, we need to upgrade
Seconded that. Not in this present generation hanging criminals seems right thing to do. Lethal injection would be appropriate for that!
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Meristem: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2012
, but alas! mortals-rather than learn from history-love to repeat it.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by marvel10: 3:54am On Jan 31, 2012
I visited Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons on 3 occasions last year and was impressed with some of the new facilities such as the Tennis Courts and Library that had been installed by Al Mustapha. I was also chuffed to hear that all or most? of the mentally ill wards were under his personal and financial care. That had been done by him since his incaceration so did not think it was a PR stunt.

I was most affected by the sight of the inmates, whom were starving and begged visitors for food. So, unfortunately, I am unable to join the bandwagon of those who want his head off. I am not sure what contributions you make in your everyday lives to affect the lives of those around you. When you call for the death of Al Mustapha and put down BK for killing others, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by logica(m): 4:10am On Jan 31, 2012
marvel10:

I visited Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons on 3 occasions last year and was impressed with some of the new facilities such as the Tennis Courts and  Library that had been installed by Al Mustapha. I was also chuffed to hear that all or most? of the mentally ill wards were under his personal and financial care. That had been done by him since his incaceration so did not think it was a PR stunt.

I was most affected by the sight of the inmates, whom were starving and begged visitors for food. So, unfortunately, I am unable to join the bandwagon of those who want his head off. I am not sure what contributions you make in your everyday lives to affect the lives of those around you. When you call for the death of Al Mustapha and put down BK for killing others, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?
How were these charitable gestures financed? But you are indeed a "marvel" (your thought process that is). We know Nazi officials who did charitable deeds after they'd been rounded up for the pogroms on Jews. Trust me, it did little to change their date with the hangman.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by nasty45(m): 5:14am On Jan 31, 2012
Come,the next thread i want to read regardin al mustapha should be"AL MUSTAPHA HANGED BY 4.00HR A.M."IF THE NO FIT KILL AM,MK THEM CALL ME.TWIL B DONE IN SECONDS
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by lee007(m): 5:39am On Jan 31, 2012
I HAVE TRIED VERY HARD TO IGNORE THE COMMENTS FROM SOME SO CALLED NIGERIANS HERE BUT I CANT HOLD IT ANY LONGER, THE SHARE IGNORANCE AND TOTAL DISPLAY OF STUPIDITY SHOCKS ME! FOR HEAVENS SAKE IF YOU DONT HAVE A LAW DEGREE DOSENT MEAN YOU SHOULD THINK THAT A YORUBA JUDGE SHOULDNT SIT ON AL MUSTAPHA'S CASE, HAVE SOME OF YOU GUYS HEARD OF THE WORD JURISDICTION BEFORE? IS THE CRIME FOR WHICH HE HAS NOW BEEN PUNISHED NOT COMMITTED IN LAGOS? IS THE COURT HWERE HIS LAWYERS ARGUED HIS CASE NOT A LAGOS HIGH COURT? HAS HE NOT BEEN KEPT IN A LAGOS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY? PLEASE ASK YOUR IGNORANT MINDS THIS QUESTIONS FIRST!

AND FOR MY EASTERN BROTHER WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS TRIBAL AS USUAL, WHY NOT DEAL WITH THE ISSUES DEALING WITH YOUR BROTHERS IN THE NORTH FIRST, TELL THEM TO LEAVE THE LINE OF FIRE BECAUSE A LOT OF THEM ARE FOLLOWING MONEY INTO THIER GRAVES, LITERARILLY! WELL I AM NOT SHOCKED YOU GUYS ARE THE MASTER OF BACKSTAPPING AND CHO CHOP POLITICS FOR A PLATE OF PORRIAGE YOUR GOVERNORS ARE URGING YOU TO STAY IN THE NORTH AND BE KILLED. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE ALMUSTAPHA ALOBE LET HIM EAT WHAT HE COOKED YEARS AGO, NO CRIME IN PAYING FOR ONCE CRIME!

AND FOR ALL OF YOU NOT EVEN BOLD ENOUGH TO MENTION THE WORD NORTH, I HAIL YOU, WHY MUST WE MYSTIFY A REGION THAT PRODUCES NOTHING BUT VIOLENCE, AND THIER SO CALLED GOVERNORS EMIRS AND POLITICIANS ARE SILENT ITS TELLS ONLY A WISE MIND ONE THING, THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME, THE ONLY PERSON I PITY IN ALL THIS IS JONATHAN BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE IS UNCURABLEY CLUELESS, WHAT A WASTE OF VOTE FOR THOSE WHO VOTED JONATHAN AND NOT PDP
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2012
We'll now see if Al-mustapha and his lawyers will use the same trial delay and frustrating tactics they've use for for the past 13+ years now that he literally has the hangman's noose gunning for his neck. I won't be surprised if his appellate case moves at the speed of light.  cool

All those who are calling for the release of a convicted murderer are not fit to live in civilized societies.  Following superior orders will never fly as an excuse to conspire for the murder of someone else. angry
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by supereagle(m): 5:52am On Jan 31, 2012
There want to cover up some evils of some people. This miscarriage of Justice.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Gigastar(m): 6:50am On Jan 31, 2012
when will they hang him?
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by DoRtMaKAvELi(m): 7:14am On Jan 31, 2012
UhMm, i DouBt iT!!!
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by moHot(f): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2012
lee007:

I HAVE TRIED VERY HARD TO IGNORE THE COMMENTS FROM SOME SO CALLED NIGERIANS HERE BUT I CANT HOLD IT ANY LONGER, THE SHARE IGNORANCE AND TOTAL DISPLAY OF STUPIDITY SHOCKS ME! FOR HEAVENS SAKE IF YOU DONT HAVE A LAW DEGREE DOSENT MEAN YOU SHOULD THINK THAT A YORUBA JUDGE SHOULDNT SIT ON AL MUSTAPHA'S CASE, HAVE SOME OF YOU GUYS HEARD OF THE WORD JURISDICTION BEFORE? IS THE CRIME FOR WHICH HE HAS NOW BEEN PUNISHED NOT COMMITTED IN LAGOS? IS THE COURT HWERE HIS LAWYERS ARGUED HIS CASE NOT A LAGOS HIGH COURT? HAS HE NOT BEEN KEPT IN A LAGOS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY? PLEASE ASK YOUR IGNORANT MINDS THIS QUESTIONS FIRST!

AND FOR MY EASTERN BROTHER WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS TRIBAL AS USUAL, WHY NOT DEAL WITH THE ISSUES DEALING WITH YOUR BROTHERS IN THE NORTH FIRST, TELL THEM TO LEAVE THE LINE OF FIRE BECAUSE A LOT OF THEM ARE FOLLOWING MONEY INTO THIER GRAVES, LITERARILLY! WELL I AM NOT SHOCKED YOU GUYS ARE THE MASTER OF BACKSTAPPING AND CHO CHOP POLITICS FOR A PLATE OF PORRIAGE YOUR GOVERNORS ARE URGING YOU TO STAY IN THE NORTH AND BE KILLED. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE ALMUSTAPHA ALOBE LET HIM EAT WHAT HE COOKED YEARS AGO, NO CRIME IN PAYING FOR ONCE CRIME!

AND FOR ALL OF YOU NOT EVEN BOLD ENOUGH TO MENTION THE WORD NORTH, I HAIL YOU, WHY MUST WE MYSTIFY A REGION THAT PRODUCES NOTHING BUT VIOLENCE, AND THIER SO CALLED GOVERNORS EMIRS AND POLITICIANS ARE SILENT ITS TELLS ONLY A WISE MIND ONE THING, THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME, THE ONLY PERSON I PITY IN ALL THIS IS JONATHAN BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE IS UNCURABLEY CLUELESS, WHAT A WASTE OF VOTE FOR THOSE WHO VOTED JONATHAN AND NOT PDP

YOU ARE CORRECT!!
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2012
Good one
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by bummydemmy: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2012
On his own. Then what happen to Segr. Roger his boy?
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by mopol2(m): 8:30am On Jan 31, 2012
yeah good judgement but let all come together and see this

this man has spent over 12 years in bar and now u are sentencing him to die by hanging ?
why not sentence him at the beginning? well to me that is not a fear judgement for that man ,fine we all no wot he did was wrong but let all put our self in his shoes as well , all wat he did was base on intrusion from his boss ABACHA and some army generals in service now.to me that judgement will only bring trouble for us not good.
every new government in Nigeria has his hands on blood starting from gowon to Jonathan .
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Revolva(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2012
Hanging, well that served him, what has he been doing since, all these years, the jury system of Nigeria is bleeped up, men Mustapha say ya last prayer,
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by sumgelem(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2012
He won't be hanged trust me, we all know how things operate in this nation.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by stormm: 9:31am On Jan 31, 2012
An Israeli General was asked: "Can you forgive a terrorist?" He replied: "God forgives. Our task is to arrange their meeting"

Al-Mustapha needs to meet God fast for forgiveness. grin grin grin
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Wily2wily: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2012
alj harem:

you must start learning to talk to willy willy to stop digressing every topic

It is annoying angry

Becomerich, If you are tired of Canada, why not come back to Nigeria
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Eagle75: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2012
just saw dis on a face book wall.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=278329695565901
Naija Minister Disgraced in New York

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M / Staggered Elections : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.