Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (45040 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2012
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moHot(f): 8:54am On Feb 24, 2012
c.fours:

even our own mr. coogar named himself after his benefactor.
you can learn one or two things from him.

THIS IS FREAKING LOL grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Yes. Care to name another reason for marrying a model? 

Seems like you might wanna start reaidng happier articles abeg. You are taking these things too personal, Oga sah

Models are not human beings? What is different from marrying a model and marrying a fine girl that works in a science lab or as a secretary in a office? Is that also because the man is looking for a trophy wife?

People can't marry a model because they are attracted to her and like her.

chaircover:

Lets have a competition to see who can spot the correct number of times the following words have been used on this thread

1. Cretin
2. mo.ron

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Saga wont kill me o! grin grin I Still cant forget the thread where you said that you have never been so insulted in your life. Everytime I remember that statement I have to smile. I like people with a sense of humor  lipsrsealed grin

grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
This is a man that lived the alternative lifestyle of never marrying if you don't find a woman worth it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105916/Billionaire-Teddy-Forstmann-gives-trust-fund-lover-Padma-Lakshmis-daughter.html

Focus on making your money and change them at intervals.

Loneliness me arse!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
c.fours:

even our own mr. coogar named himself after his benefactor.
you can learn one or two things from him.

are you jealous of my glamour life? wink
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
even our own mr. coogar named himself after his benefactor

shocked

huh?

you mean coogar is the guy in the romance section photos who is currently jetting off to germany with his "significant other"?

wonders will never cease!!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
tpia, abeg give me link pls grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
tpia@:

shocked

huh?

you mean coogar is the guy in the romance section photos who is currently jetting off to germany with his "significant other"?

Hahahaha! Is that so? I knew that guy looked familiar when the pics hit the blogs!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
tpia@:

shocked
huh?

you wish!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
Sagamite:

Models are not human beings? What is different from marrying a model and marrying a fine girl that works in a science lab or as a secretary in a office? Is that also because the man is looking for a trophy wife?

People can't marry a model because they are attracted to her and like her.

grin

Models usually end up marrying rich men as well. You vthink it's a coincidence that they never go below their level? abeg

Even Oluchi sef. her dude is a billionaire midget. Like ko. Love ni grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2012
So God can approve our knacking  grin

^^ but this babe hot dai sha.  wink
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
Sagamite:

[b]Models are not human beings? What is different from marrying a model and marrying a fine girl that works in a science lab or as a secretary in a office? Is that also because the man is looking for a trophy wife?[/b]People can't marry a model because they are attracted to her and like her.

grin

I know for sure some are married to the ''title'' or the ''job'', the purpose of marrying this models are usually for ''show-offs''or for their ''pockets'' only very few are init for the real thing.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Models usually end up marrying rich men as well. You vthink it's a coincidence that they never go below their level? abeg

Even Oluchi sef. her dude is a billionaire midget. Like ko. Love ni  grin

ronkebp:

I know for sure some are married to the ''title'' or the ''job'', the purpose of marrying this models are usually for ''show-offs''or for their ''pockets'' only very few are init for the real thing.

Utter rubbish!

Let me let you both into a secret that you appear not to know:

Men tend to marry beautiful women because they want to have [b]s[/b]ex with them repeatedly. They want to b[b]a[/b]ng them till their legs turn into jelly. Waga moga, Waga moga all night! They don't want other men to taste that lovely hot sauce, they are greedy and don't want to share it. They pick this women because they are appealing and they think this appeal would last longer and aid in them keeping those wedding vows. Better still why not tie this down when all others out there are inferior or at best only be as good as this one. Being a trophy is just a by-product, if any product at all. If men pick models, it is because they think such women are beautiful.

Personally, I am not keen on catwalk models, I am more into glamour models but recently catwalk ones have been improving after the shytheads in the fashion industry reached a moratorium that they had come to the nadir of throwing skeletons on the runway. Some of the ones I see recently are more healthy.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:44am On Feb 25, 2012
are you implying that all models are beautiful? the beauty of the world is in them alone? else that quote doesnt make sense.

anyway re-read ronke's post and accept it as the truth.

Just have to argue with women. SHA. Alafishe. angry
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 12:58am On Feb 25, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

are you implying that all models are beautiful? the beauty of the world is in them alone? else that quote doesnt make sense.

anyway re-read ronke's post and accept it as the truth.

Just have to argue with women. SHA. Alafishe.  angry

No 1, I clearly stated models are generally not beautiful to me and also said "it is because they think such women are beautiful". So how can I be implying all models are beautiful?

No 2, where did I say the beauty is in models only?

It appears the alcohol of Yankee no suit your system, we need to find away of importing the burukutu made in Bodija to your side.  tongue

How will Ronke say marrying a beautiful woman is not being in it for the real thing? So na when persin marry OK or ugly woman, it is for the real thing? grin

Na gba for these womanautical analytics! grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:04am On Feb 25, 2012
You are assuming that they are marrying models cos they think they are all beautiful and not because they are looking for attention
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 1:17am On Feb 25, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

You are assuming that they are marrying models cos they think they are all beautiful and not because they are looking for attention

I am arguing people that marry models generally marry them primarily because they are attracted to the model and think the model is beautiful, not because they are looking for attention.

That is same for any fine woman, just replace "model" with "fine woman" in the preceding sentence and it would make perfectly equal sense.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 1:29am On Feb 25, 2012
tpia@:

shocked
huh?

ouch.  grin

@armyofone
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-873994.0.html
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 1:49am On Feb 25, 2012
Sagamite:

I am arguing people that marry models generally marry them primarily because they are attracted to the model and think the model is beautiful, not because they are looking for attention.

That is same for any fine woman, just replace "model" with "fine woman" in the preceding sentence and it would make perfectly equal sense.

you do no understand her post hehn?
beauty aside, do you think Oluchi would be married to a millionaire if she weren't a supermodel?
there are more beautiful women out there. but many rich men tend to go for the models. Maybe to show that they are rich and can afford it. who knows.
it's part beauty factor and part "trophy" factor. and both are intertwined.

And we are not saying that there is anything wrong with it. Just calling out your hypocrisy on the matter.
you seem to have a problem with women marrying rich men. but we don't see you encouraging men to marry ugly women out of "love"
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2012
c.fours:

beauty aside, do you think Oluchi would be married to a millionaire if she weren't a supermodel?
there are more beautiful women out there. but many rich men tend to go for the models. Maybe to show that they are rich and can afford it. who knows.

And we are not saying that there is anything wrong with it. Just calling out your hypocrisy on the matter.
you seem to have a problem with women marrying rich men. but we don't see you encouraging men to marry ugly women out of "love"

See this dumbfuck bringing out her daft logic again.

How many millionaires are in the world? How many of them are married to supermodels? They don't marry women of other careers?

Why would many people want to marry someone they do not want to show off?

Keep dreaming I will help you out to encourage men to marry girls like you for love and ignore looks. Anuofia!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
c.fours:

you know what- you are very very right!

and trust black men to take it up a notch making it a novelty to date a stripper or IndecentStar.

ive often wondered what was soo great about dating a model especially since most of them are actually ugly (lets be honest now supermodels arent hired for their looks, just the hanger frame)

dating a succesful beautiful woman (like a female artist) doesn't seem to carry as much weight as dating model a stripper or an adult movie star, I think since theres a price tag placed on these women its a sort of ego boost for the men.

I know rappers aren't good examples to go by, but they are the easiest way into your 'typical black mans' head.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
c.fours:

Dont mind him jare.

Majority of the time it's about attention. Take Clooney for instance. Last year it was an Italian model. this year blonde American, next year most likely a french one. Im supposed to believe he "likes these women" and not just trying to show off? Abeg. Story.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Dont mind him jare.

Majority of the time it's about attention. Take Clooney for instance. Last year it was an Italian model. this year blonde American, next year most likely a french one. Im supposed to believe he "likes these women" and not just trying to show off? Abeg. Story.

See ya mouth!

Is he dating models or dating fine women? Why would he want to date ugly women? So fine women cannot be liked?

Would you date ugly men? Would you date men that live in slums, can't speak English and work as a vulcanizer? Does that mean you don't like the fine men you have dated?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2012
Models are people too. Not all of them are unlikeable and insecure.
that would be a gross over-generalization. I've known and met some.
Besides, what is a model besides a [b]woman [/b]who wears things and poses for people and cameras?
By that virtue, every pretty woman with a facebook account is a "model". There's really nothing special about them. undecided

Plus, people date within their sphere of influence or presence as that is where they meet people.
He probably met her in some hi-baller event as they are both accustomed to and hit it off from there if it made sense.
Same way I'd holla if I met a nice-looking girl while in the supermarket, house party, library or Concert hall.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
Would you date ugly men?

most women would if he is financially secure.

Would you date men that live in slums, can't speak English and work as a vulcanizer?

God forbid bad thing.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2012
Sagamite:

See ya mouth!

Is he dating models or dating fine women? Why would he want to date ugly women? So fine women cannot be liked?
a
You have yet to explain why he rotates MODELS back and forth if its not just for attention? If he merely liked them why replace every month/year? Never regular women, just models. Im supposed to believe its a coincidence? abeg go and sleep!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 12:06am On Feb 26, 2012
more like why does he always look so irritated when photographed with them.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

You have yet to explain why he rotates MODELS back and forth if its not just for attention? If he merely liked them why replace every month/year? Never regular women, just models. Im supposed to believe its a coincidence? abeg go and sleep!

He is single, rich, confident, good-looking, interesting, charming and he does not want to marry.

The first makes him available, the 2nd to 5th makes him attractive, the last makes him a challenge. Those are volcanic mix for women especially young ones.

The want him for his pros and see it as a challenge to be the one to tie him down. It will be euphoric for them if they can show the world they are the one that got George Clooney to go to the alter. A huge achievement.

What was your question again?

Why does he rotate models?

He is single, they want him, they are attractive, he would gladly have them but when they start deluding themselves about what he has publicly declared he would never do, he ends it. Then there is another one lining up to take the last ones place. He restarts the loop.

Why will he go for regular women, when fine woman are lining up to date him?

Would you date a train ticket inspector with a BMI of 35 if there are hot hollywood/sports stars, millionaire professionals or intellectual Gods like Sagamite lining up to date you?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2012
Sagamite:

Why will he go for regular women, when fine woman are lining up to date him?

First of all isnt your own BMI 40? cheesy

You are interchanging models and fine women. They are not one and the same.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 8:48am On Feb 27, 2012
^^^^^===== so Sagamite is a fatty? Tell me something I didn't already figure out! Isn't BMI 40 approaching well into morbid-obesity territory? The ugly fat fool should be working out his muscles in the gym and not his mouth on NL!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

^^^^^===== so Sagamite is a fatty? Tell me something I didn't already figure out! Isn't BMI 40 approaching well into morbid-obesity territory? The ugly fat fool should be working out his muscles in the gym and not his mouth on NL!

I would rather have a BMI of 2000 than have your daft brain.

Did I not say earlier that I would catch you making dumb arguments? You were too dumb, it took me less than a week from saying I would catch you to catch you arguing dumbly and then thumped you.

person! grin

ThiefOfHearts:

First of all isnt your own BMI 40? 

You are interchanging models and fine women. They are not one and the same.

My BMI is merely 55. cheesy grin

You didn't answer my question. Would you date an average or ugly man when you have many men with more attractive attributes?

So why would you expect Clooney not to date the most attractive women he can get?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 11:14am On Feb 27, 2012
Sagamite:

I would rather have a BMI of 2000 than have your daft brain.

Did I not say earlier that I would catch you making dumb arguments? You were too dumb, it took me less than a week from saying I would catch you to catch you arguing dumbly and then thumped you.

person! grin

Go treat your borderline-Autism! Nairaland shouldn't be your source of free therapy! You're pot-bellied, ponmo-lipped man with misfiring neurons! Your life is also bereft of love and happiness. I would bitter too if I were you! You poor miserable thing!

ps - shouldn't you be able to afford a deodorant that won't stain your underarms green? Or did all your disposable income go towards purchasing that horrid Primark tee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.