Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (44996 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^I wonder how much you'd sell for if I sold you. cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by MarcAnthon(m): 7:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^^  grin grin grin Are you Ijebu?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^ Edo man here.

In the meantime, serious question here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-883117.0.html
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Freesia(f): 9:36pm On Feb 29, 2012
MarcAnthon:

^^^Classic  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys are something else, iswearigawd!
Where's RichV.
Moremi reply Richie's allegations nah. This is really interesting!

I have a big SACK of popcorn beside me. . .sitting cross-legged, eating popcorn and getting entertained. This is gone be a GOOD AFTERNOON gentlemen!

Mr MarcAnthon you are not trying to instigate anything are you grin ?? You're right it's real entertainment sometimes, I thought I had heard it all but NLanders verbal abuse is sometimes even foreign to the curse" inventors" if you can even call them that!! meanwhile enjoy your popcorn
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2012
debosky:

If a person like George Clooney is always in the limelight it makes sense for his partner to be accustomed to that.

If it's his desire to have a trophy wife, then so be it. But you can't deny that models in general have attractive physical features which feature highly in a man's selection of a mate.

Because models are seen as the best - the top of the pile, the cream of beauty, the most attractive women. It is every man's desire to have the best. If you have money to buy the best in terms of cars, houses, etc, why should you settle for less in a partner or a spouse?

we have the same point.
just your cuckoo-cretin friend seems to have a problem with women wanting the best (ie. a wealthy man).
in his world, only men are entitled to the best
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by MarcAnthon(m): 12:52am On Mar 01, 2012
Freesia:

Mr MarcAnthon you are not trying to instigate anything are you grin ?? You're right it's real entertainment sometimes, I thought I had heard it all but NLanders verbal abuse is sometimes even foreign to the curse" inventors" if you can even call them that!! meanwhile enjoy your popcorn

Thanks o jere. Lol . . . These guys can cuss out a corpse and get it so angry it'd come back to life to retaliate. Me? I only watch from the sidelines, popcorn in hand.
It's a shame that the pugilists retired way too early though.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 12:55am On Mar 01, 2012
c.fours:

we have the same point.
just your cuckoo friend sagamite seems to have a problem with women wanting the best (ie. a wealthy man).
in his world, only men are entitled to the best

Where does this foool manufacture her rants from? undecided
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:05am On Mar 01, 2012
The real question is: Is she lying?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 1:25am On Mar 01, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

The real question is: Is she lying?

Have you ever seen me complain about a woman and her choice in a man, talkless of one that is wealthy?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
You've complained about "gold diggers" yes.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

You've complained about "gold diggers" yes.

Where?

You dey guess?

I am trying to understand your "gold-digger" term.

Women fancing and marrying men because they are wealthy is different from women pretending to like men to get something from them, you know?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
abeg whether they are pretending or not, wetin be your own./ If he cant figure that out on his own. Na his own wahala

Like the ones who pretend to be into a girl's "mind" and obviously just hanging around for sex, are any different.

epele o Sherlock Holmes, looking to perserve rich man's wealth from "pretenders"  tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

abeg whether they are pretending or not, wetin be your own./ If he cant figure that out on his own. Na his own wahala

Like the ones who pretend to be into a girl's "mind" and obviously just hanging around for sex, are any different.

epele o Sherlock Holmes, looking to perserve rich man's wealth from "pretenders"  tongue

Did you just think you found a hole in my argument? grin See your yeye head. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by 100gigabytes: 8:00am On May 01, 2012
there is nothing in marriage but pain all through, all men regret but they pretend, thats why the go out to get some all the time,
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by edenplusRomance: 8:06am On May 01, 2012
JOIN US IF YOU BELIEVE IN FAMILIES BY CLICKING THE LIKE BUTTON.
https://www.facebook.com/EdenPlus

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by kittykat1(f): 9:27am On May 01, 2012
kokoye: Well well.

It is a personal choice.

I have a friend who is going to be 40 soon with a perfect job and everything else except a wife. All his friends are married so he's now all by himself most evenings. And yes, he's getting tired of 24 / 25yr old girls. The type of mature girls he wants are already married.

Like CC said earlier, most (naija) girls will not give you their all when there's no commitment from you . .when they know another girl is coming tomorrow. I said most naija girls because brad pitt and angie jolie are unmarried but seem to be doing well.

I agree that marriage is overated . . .

Crrection, Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie r now engaged.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by harakiri(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2012
In today's world? NO!!! Why? The marriage institution is dead!

Can anyone mention ONE SINGLE THING that a man "gains" from marriage that cannot be obtained WITHOUT that marriage? Hmmm? Is it $ex? Kids? Companionship? What All these can be gotten without marriage. Marriage is a bore. Marriage shackles men. Marriage turns men into vegetables. Marriage is a prison...if it wasn't, why does a man have to sign a legal document called "marriage certificate" that is legal tender in the court of law...meanwhile, the same women who just lovvvveee court marriage frown on signing a pre-nup? Talk about hypocrisy at it's best. The era of marriage is dead and buried. The sooner men woke up to reality, the better. Thank heavens for feminism. It really did a good job of destroying the foundations of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 01, 2012
harakiri: In today's world? NO!!! Why? The marriage institution is dead!

Can anyone mention ONE SINGLE THING that a man "gains" from marriage that cannot be obtained WITHOUT that marriage? Hmmm? Is it $ex? Kids? Companionship? What All these can be gotten without marriage. Marriage is a bore. Marriage shackles men. Marriage turns men into vegetables. Marriage is a prison...if it wasn't, why does a man have to sign a legal document called "marriage certificate" that is legal tender in the court of law...meanwhile, the same women who just lovvvveee court marriage frown on signing a pre-nup? Talk about hypocrisy at it's best. The era of marriage is dead and buried. The sooner men woke up to reality, the better. Thank heavens for feminism. It really did a good job of destroying the foundations of marriage.

you dont have to get married you no... no one is forcing you.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by promisador: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Dear readers,
This is an alert message to anyone willing to help in this serious situation. Please read this information carefully.
A particular girl I trained and has worked for me as a househelp on a payroll, walked away from me with some money and when I intervened, she threatened me with a particular message and it went thus:
"Xo u broke my simcard... Guess wat, am still in lagos, u will suffer 4 wat u did, u wicked shameless man. U'r angry abi..hahaha. Dnt worry. Dat stupid cheif dat i meet on d internet, he doesnt knw a thing abt me. Am still here, i knw wer u live, i knw ur childrens skul... Watch n see wat happens. BIG FOOL. IDIOT.
She has threatened to kidnap my children from school and has also threatened to come to my house with some gang of boys. I do not hold anything against her and I wonder why she has decided to repay me evil for good...

PLEASE, IF ANY ONE SEES HER OR KNOWS ABOUT HER WHEREABOUTS, DO NOT HESITATE TO REPORT TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION OR ANY SECURITY OUTFIT THAT CAN GET HOLD OF HER. THANK YOU. HER PICTURES ARE DISPLAYED BELOW...

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
promisador: Dear readers,
This is an alert message to anyone willing to help in this serious situation. Please read this information carefully.
A particular girl I trained and has worked for me as a househelp on a payroll, walked away from me with some money and when I intervened, she threatened me with a particular message and it went thus:
"Xo u broke my simcard... Guess wat, am still in lagos, u will suffer 4 wat u did, u wicked shameless man. U'r angry abi..hahaha. Dnt worry. Dat stupid cheif dat i meet on d internet, he doesnt knw a thing abt me. Am still here, i knw wer u live, i knw ur childrens skul... Watch n see wat happens. BIG FOOL. IDIOT.
She has threatened to kidnap my children from school and has also threatened to come to my house with some gang of boys. I do not hold anything against her and I wonder why she has decided to repay me evil for good...

PLEASE, IF ANY ONE SEES HER OR KNOWS ABOUT HER WHEREABOUTS, DO NOT HESITATE TO REPORT TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION OR ANY SECURITY OUTFIT THAT CAN GET HOLD OF HER. THANK YOU. HER PICTURES ARE DISPLAYED BELOW...

If I were you, when you catch her fck her up!

I repeat: FCK HER UP!

None of that I am a Xtian BS. Deal with her. Give her what she deserves. That is immense misery and regretting the day she came to the Earth.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
promisador: Dear readers,

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Na wa oh!

After my experience with a teenage H/H and elderly Nanny, I've decide NOT to ever employ any domestic help! We'll do our chores ourselves, hubby and I and if/when it gets too much with more kids, I just might take a part time job till the kids are old enough!

I can't deal with the drama these people bring!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by promisador: 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear readers,
"Xo u broke my simcard... Guess wat, am still in lagos, u will suffer 4 wat u did, u wicked shameless man. U'r angry abi..hahaha. Dnt worry. Dat silly cheif dat i meet on d internet, he doesnt knw a thing abt me. Am still here, i knw wer u live, i knw ur childrens skul... Watch n see wat happens. BIG FOOL. .

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dlight1(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2012
marriage is meant to be enjoyed by both parties involved provided it is made to thrive under the right atmosphere. As for why you have developed so much apathy for marriage guess it's because of your previous involvement in what is exclusively meant for married people
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
d light: marriage is meant to be enjoyed by both parties involved provided it is made to thrive under the right atmosphere. As for why you have developed so much apathy for marriage guess it's because of your previous involvement in what is exclusively meant for married people

Both parties can enjoy marriage but marriage will always be more beneficial for women.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sagamite:

Both parties can enjoy marriage but marriage will always be more beneficial for women.

Depends on the woman you marry. It can be equally beneficial to both parties.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
davidylan:

Depends on the woman you marry. It can be equally beneficial to both parties.

That would be very, very, very, very rare.

More rare in the modern age because of the shyt "entitlement" mentality majority the modern day woman has.

And of those that do not have modern day mentality, there is a strong correlation of not being in shape.

Marriage rarely satisfy the comprehensive or threshold need of men. That is why a lot of married men play away from home or are divorced.

You will have to find a woman that meets you mentally and will satisfy your immense attraction needs sustainably till very much older middle age.

Most women only have one or the other to offer. It is life!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2012
^^^A lot of married men play away from home, and you still claim marriages are more beneficial to women?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
stillwater: ^^^A lot of married men play away from home, and you still claim marriages are more beneficial to women?

Your point is?

How is it more beneficial to the man if what he wants to do (naturally) is freely play away from home? Or even play in the home with as many willing participating players but marriage is stifling that option?

You think if marriage was not that beneficial to the women, they would not leave it when these men play away from home? You think they are altruistically staying? Was that how altruistic they were when they were in their youth, seriously hot and having their future ahead of them?

How many women do you know that have nothing to lose who hang around with a man that has nothing to offer them or treats them unfairly or they do not love anymore?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sagamite:

Your point is?

How is it more beneficial to the man if what he wants to do (naturally) is freely play away from home? Or even play in the home with as many willing participating players but marriage is stifling that option?

You think if marriage was not that beneficial to the women, they would not leave it when these men play away from home? You think they are altruistically staying? Was that how altruistic they were when they were in their youth, seriously hot and having their future ahead of them?

How many women do you know that have nothing to lose who hang around with a man that has nothing to offer them or treats them unfairly or they do not love anymore?

What are the benefits to a women with a cheating husband other than emotional abuse and trying to save face in societies like Nigeria? And you want to perpetuate that as benefits? Most women would tell you they stay for the kids by the way, not because it serves any purpose to themselves. Why don't most women in the West remain in such marriages? Are they not women any more? If the men are not benefiting either why don't they leave too considering the 'freedom' you naturally acclaim to men? And in patriarchal societies like Nigeria, the men do as they like, so don't give me excuses of divorce settlements as reason for Nigerian men staying in your next argument.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
Saga still whinning as ever grin! same 'ol same 'ol tongue

Mr. Lanza was giving his ex wife more than 200K a year grin. She could afford some nice guns with the money.
See, some men do have them and they don't complain

Don't start 2013 with this your mindset. Hook a cool chic and enjoy life not minding if cool babes are rare or not.

Merry Christmas pal wink
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
stillwater:

What are the benefits to a women with a cheating husband other than emotional abuse and trying to save face in societies like Nigeria? And you want to perpetuate that as benefits? Most women would tell you they stay for the kids by the way, not because it serves any purpose to themselves. Why don't most women in the West remain in such marriages? Are they not women any more? If the men are not benefiting either why don't they leave too considering the 'freedom' you naturally acclaim to men? And in patriarchal societies like Nigeria, the men do as they like, so don't give me excuses of divorce settlements as reason for Nigerian men staying in your next argument.

Western women don't tend to stay if they are younger or if the cheating is rampant.

Another thing is that Western women don't tend to stay because divorce can be used as a revenge tool. There is a strong correlation between high divorce rates and Western countries that are generous to women during divorce. Women in countries like Italy are less likely to divorce than those in the UK which is known as the divorce heaven for women in Europe. And trust me, Italian men are the Kings of randy.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/peo_div_rat-people-divorce-rate

That said, most divorced Western women (at least UK ones) generally tend to be bitter women because they can't move as easily to other meaningful relationship as the men can. The men only get bitter because they are robbed. Which is one of the reasons why men in the Western don't leave relationships. What is happening now though is that many Western men are refusing to get married in the first place. Their refusal is the core reason for the increase in co-habitation.

As for Africa, many men do leave. Because you don't here of divorce does not mean that it is still a functional marriage. Secondly, the ones that don't leave are probably not leaving because they tend to be able to do whatever they want to do so the marriage is not an inhibition.

armyofone: Saga still whinning as ever grin! same 'ol same 'ol tongue

Mr. Lanza was giving his ex wife more than 200K a year grin. She could afford some nice guns with the money.
See, some men do have them and they don't complain

Don't start 2013 with this your mindset. Hook a cool chic and enjoy life not minding if cool babes are rare or not.

Merry Christmas pal wink

No wonder the kid decided to shoot his mother and everyone he saw because he felt it was unfair his father was being milked. grin

We have to be careful with divorce laws to avoid such tragedies. tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 24, 2012
Sagamite:

That would be very, very, very, very rare.

More rare in the modern age because of the shyt "entitlement" mentality majority the modern day woman has.

And of those that do not have modern day mentality, there is a strong correlation of not being in shape.

Marriage rarely satisfy the comprehensive or threshold need of men. That is why a lot of married men play away from home or are divorced.

You will have to find a woman that meets you mentally and will satisfy your immense attraction needs sustainably till very much older middle age.

Most women only have one or the other to offer. It is life!

This is so cynical and wrong that i dont even know where to start from to rebut it. I think that on this issue, you have convinced yourself that your misconceptions are actual facts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? / Man Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday With A Crocodile In Edo State. Photos / My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.