Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (23446 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Igbobuofu.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 3:57am On Feb 04, 2012
"Introduction
The history of rubber production in Nigeria of natural rubber began in 1894 with the exploitation of indigenous wild rubber of Funtumia elastica.  The wild trees that yielded rubber were however ruined by poor tapping system and the export of wild rubber produced dropped sharply. In a search for sources of natural rubber to supply the demand of a rapidly expanding automobile industry, Heavea brasiliensis( Muell Arg.) was found  to be the best source of plant because of its singular ability to renew its bark and thus ensure sustained harvest. It was introduced into Nigeria from Kew Gardens, England around 1895 with the first rubber estate planted at Sapele in 1903 and a second one at Nkisi in the then eastern region in 1912. By 1925, some 1000 hectares of European owned estates existed in the South – western Nigeria.(Uraih, 1980)
Rubber is grown in Edo, Delta, Ondo, ogun,, Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Ebonyi and Bayelsa States where the amount of rainfall is about 1800 mm to 2000 mm per annum ( Aigbekaen et al., 2000). Natural  rubber  performs three main functions in our national economy;  these are the provision of  raw materials for the agro- based industries, it provides foreign exchange earning and places Nigeria in the world map as a net exporter of rubber and lastly, it offers  employment  to a sizeable segment of the Nigerian farming rural population  (Abolagba et al., 2003).
The Nigerian rubber industry has enormous potential for its sustainable growth and development"

This aticle is for the likes of ALH HARAM who says SE\SS does not produce rubber and that delta state is middle belt. Hope Ʊ took note of how many SE/SS states that produce rubber which according to Ʊ is one of nigerias highest foreign exchange earner!!!

The SE/SS has been feeding nigeria since no be today!! From rubber, palm oil to even cocoa to oil and gas,coal huge human resources!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bashr8: 3:59am On Feb 04, 2012
apart from oil and gas abi

nollywood-2nd largest in the world

all your automobile spare parts are produced in SE

motorcycles

sandals, shoes,belts, singlets and all form of clothings you wear are produced in southeast

rubber

palm- oil

ground nut oil

rice and agricultural products

plastics and rubber tanks which have replaced the metal tanks are all produced in the south east

building materials(pipes screws ,nails etc)

all these are self sufficient and that is why onitsha main market is the largest in the world , people of the south east dont depend on govt hand outs
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bashr8: 4:02am On Feb 04, 2012
south east is blessed with everything other regions have combined and we have been spoon feeding these Yoruba people and their almajiro awusa brothers and they know it thats why they are so restless
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bashr8: 4:06am On Feb 04, 2012
these yorubas keep making up stories about cocoa that was never relevant , palm oil and rubber where the major resources then and now oil, gas and rubber are still the major resources all found in the south east and south south region, dumb Yoruba parasites.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 4:12am On Feb 04, 2012
kettykin:
first ever olymipic gold medalists chioma ajunwan and kanu nwankwo are from se,

top world female footballlers are from se,
Aba churns out shoes and leather wares for africa
former world heavy weight boxing champion from ss,
top nollywood actors and actresses from se,
award winning authors and writers.
top world bureaucrats in imf,world bank,un, icc, afc are from se,
in summary the south east has produced africas top 11 in everything from football, to entertainment , human capital,

Mr broda Ʊ forgot to mention DICK TIGER the boxer that first put nigeria on the world map in boxing is also from the south east
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 4:20am On Feb 04, 2012
October-March 2009/10 were up 31% on the previous year, helped by good weather conditions and improved quality in stock in the growing regions.  

Fourteen of Nigeria’s 36 states grow cocoa: Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Kogi, Kwara, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Taraba.

Hope Ʊ can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ how many SE\SS state that proÐuce cocoa too ignorant human beings
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by saintneo(m): 4:21am On Feb 04, 2012
this thread is responding to itself  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

laugh go kill antelope o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 5:03am On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

[size=16pt]The largest foreign exchange earner for Nigeria is cocoa and rubber after Oil which is grown in the South West. what does South east produce Nyamaria ?[/size]

The way you spread your rumors AND false reports really gets me thinking sometimes. You say, "the largest foreign exchange earner after oil is cocoa and rubber" what % does cocoa contribute to the foreign exchange? If you're talking about agricultural products, is it not amazing how you left out out agricultural products and made reference to cocoa and rubber? Besides, the OP specifically asked what does SE/SS contribute economically, and here you are talking about foreign exchange earner, seriously man, you need to quit this hating because it sure ain't doing you no good.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ektbear: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2012
The SS contributes lots of free oil money to Nigeria.

The SE? I'm not sure what they have done.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2012
ekt_bear:

I seem not to understand u here ekt_bear. Are you implying that the oil produced in Imo and Abia states is water? Or do these tates keep the revenue so generated to themselves?

Haba, U can do better than this na!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2012
lmao. The south south and east are the economic hub of Nigeria as we know today.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by CrudeOil2(m): 8:38am On Feb 04, 2012
Mr OP
In terms of human development, are the south westerners better than their s/eastern counterparts?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:
Quote from: ekt_bear on Today at 08:20:31 AM

I seem not to understand u here ekt_bear. Are you implying that the oil produced in Imo and Abia states is water? Or do these tates keep the revenue so generated to themselves?

Ʊ ∂eƔ mind am the SW ∂eƔ produce only fraudstars and agbero I dont even knw what ∂eƔ add to the economy na to beg for more allocation the only viable state in the sw apart from lagos where the SE and SS pay tax for huge IGR they get is ONDO!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by namfav(m): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2012
you mean the nollywood that is not even the first film industry in nigeria?

you mean the spare parts that you get from asia?

you mean the low quality motorcycles that you get from asia?

you mean the low quality clothes that you get from asia? in the north we create and dye are own clothes

rubber, ground nut and palm oil is produced en masse in the delta region no doubt, but it is not in the south east, and ground nut trading was made by the north, do you remember the pyramids in kano?

the south east is overrated and usually stuff like rubber are produced in the delta region, the south east does not produce much apart from stealing much from the delta, i'd say apart from oil the ss and the south east does not produce much on a national scale, for example like without the north nigeria will go hungry, we can live without rubber, oil, nollywood ( grin what the hell), your imported low quality auto parts that are responsible for most car accidents, tainted medicines, imported low quality clothes etc.

bashr8:

apart from oil and gas abi

nollywood-2nd largest in the world

all your automobile spare parts are produced in SE

motorcycles

sandals, shoes,belts, singlets and all form of clothings you wear are produced in southeast

rubber

palm- oil

ground nut oil

rice and agricultural products

plastics and rubber tanks which have replaced the metal tanks are all produced in the south east

building materials(pipes screws ,nails etc)

all these are self sufficient and that is why onitsha main market is the largest in the world , people of the south east dont depend on govt hand outs
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2012
namfav:

you mean the low quality clothes that you get from asia? in the north we create and dye are own clothes

rubber, ground nut and palm oil is produced en masse in the delta region no doubt, but it is not in the south east, and ground nut trading was made by the north, do you remember the pyramids in kano?

the south east is overrated and usually stuff like rubber are produced in the delta region, the south east does not produce much apart from stealing much from the delta, i'd say apart from oil the ss and the south east does not produce much on a national scale, for example like without the north nigeria will go hungry, we can live without rubber, oil, nollywood ( what the hell), your imported low quality auto parts that are responsible for most car accidents, tainted medicines, imported low quality clothes etc.

Stop ur blabbing and dispute. The evidence and fact put on this thread. And I dare Ʊ to produce any link of state that produce rubber,palm oil and cocoa! And let Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ if the SE states don't produce more rubber than the SW and the parasite core north olodo rabata oshi!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:11am On Feb 04, 2012
South south owns and produce the resources that fuel the other lazy regions.

South east?? ?. . . NOTHING! ZILCH! zip!! zero!!! they are mainly traders.

. . .Still waiting for one product from SOUTH EAST.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ektbear: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

How much oil does Imo and Abia produce? 1% of Nigeria's total?

And I mean current production, not "billions and billions in the ground untapped", blahblahblah
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2012
namfav:

the south east is overrated and usually stuff like rubber are produced in the delta region, the south east does not produce much apart from stealing much from the delta, i'd say apart from oil the ss and the south east does not produce much on a national scale, for example like without the north nigeria will go hungry, we can live without rubber, oil, nollywood ( grin what the hell), your imported low quality auto parts that are responsible for most car accidents, tainted medicines, imported low quality clothes etc.

SE doesn't manufacture auto parts? Have u ever been to Nnewi abi na ur papa dey manufacture Union Batteries and brake pads?

SE doesn't manufacture textile and leather products? Have u ever been to Ariaria market?

SE manufactures fake drugs? Emzor, na ur uncle get am? M&B, na una get am? Neimeth, na una still get am abi?

You create and dye ur own cloth while SE don't?  Ever heard of Akwete cloth?
Comments like the one above make me not to want to debate with some people. I bet you most of the people talking trash here about the SE have never visited any of d SE states let alone live there. They base their lies on wrong assumptions.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2012
Zilch!! nada!! ZERO!!!

ekt_bear:

[size=33pt]How much oil does Imo and Abia produce[/size]? 1% of Nigeria's total?

And I mean current production, not "billions and billions in the ground untapped", blahblahblah

They can only boast and massage there little ego , over the internet.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ektbear: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2012
No Imo and Abia produce oil.

I'm just saying. . . it isn't as if today SE oil is say the bedrock of gov't revenue, etc.

The SS can make a very strong, in fact unshakable case for contributing a lot financially to this country.

It is in fact subsidizing the rest of the country.

But is the SE of Nigeria subsidizing anyone else? (modulo the 1 or 2% of Nigeria's oil that they produce but don't get to keep revenue for)

No, I don't think that argument can be made.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2012
We have over 120 distributors (local partners) and about 21 offices in Nigeria which enable us to be present in all the local government areas of the country. We have full fledged operations and offices in Sierra Leone, Liberia and India to cater to the needs of our partners. We have the largest field force in the industry. We have re-engineered the business model to take business closer to our customers, as part of the total package of unlimited wellness even in sourcing our products and promoting access to us.

CORPORATE HEADQUATERS:
Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Plot 3c Block A, Aswani Market Road Oshodi/Isolo Expressway  
Phone: +234 (1) 810 5555
Email: customerservice@emzorpharma.com

Our locations, listed below, are spread all over the West African Sub-region and other parts of the world.

Nigeria
Aba C/O MDS, #8 Factory Road, Aba.
Abakaliki #101 Ogoja Road, Abakalilki.
Abuja MDS Abuja Depot, Idu industrial layout, Opposite Julius Berger. Idu
Abuja EMAB plaza, shops 5& 6 , 751, Aminu Kano crescent, Wuse II . Abuja.
Akure 16, Ado Owo Rd Beside Oceanic Bank Akure.
Benin UAC of Nig. Benin Depot 71,Apkakava str, Benin City
Gombe  New Commercial , Area Beside Pepsi depot Gombe
Ibadan C/O MDS, #1 Magazine Road, Dugbe, Ibadan
Jalingo  Miyapet plaza, 136 Hammaruwa way Opposite Investment qtrs, Jalingo
Jos C/O MDS 28,Muritala Mohammed way Jos.
Kaduna #1-4 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna
Kano C/O MDS #33-34 Niger Street Kano, Kano
Lagos Ikotun, 8 Egbe Rd. Ikotun, Lagos.
Lagos Isolo,#57/59 Osolo Way, Isolo, Lagos.
Lagos Ikotun, 8 Egbe Rd. Ikotun, Lagos.
Lagos Iyana Ipaja, 9 Victor Fagbemi Str, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos
Lagos Palmgrove Road, 190/192, Ikorodu Road, Palmgrove, Lagos
Maiduguri #10, Nta Road, Maiduguri
Makurdi #7, New Bridge Road, Beside Diamond Bank, Wukurum, Makurdi.
Ogun  83 Ibadan Road, Ijebu 0de, Ogun State
Onitsha C/O MDS Depot, #5 Niger Bridge Road, Industrial Layout, Onitsha.
Owerri Depot 18, Old Market Road, Off Douglas Road, Owerri
Sokoto 57 Aliyu Jodi Road,Sokoto.
Warri Edewor Shopping Complex, Effurun, Warri.
Yola 1, Zaranda street, Jimeta, Yola
Liberia
Emzor Liberia Ltd
Gurley Street, Off Benson Street,
Central Monrovia.
Tel: +2316757265

Here is Emzor from there website. does that occur to you like a south east??

nwabobo:

SE doesn't manufacture auto parts? Have u ever been to Nnewi abi na ur papa dey manufacture Union Batteries and brake pads?

SE doesn't manufacture textile and leather products? Have u ever been to Ariaria market?

SE manufactures fake drugs? [size=28pt]Emzor[/size], na ur uncle get am? M&B, na una get am? Neimeth, na una still get am abi?

You create and dye ur own cloth while SE don't?  Ever heard of Akwete cloth?
Comments like the one above make me not to want to debate with some people. I bet you most of the people talking trash here about the SE have never visited any of d SE states let alone live there. They base their lies on wrong assumptions.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ektbear: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2012
26% of Nigeria's oil comes from Delta State, supposedly. Rivers much more. Akwa Ibom is also very high up there. Bayelsa produces substantial amounts too.

Probably 85% of Nigeria's oil from those 4 states.

All of these states can say, "Hey, we are producing all this oil, but only seeing a very small fraction of the value back. We are in effect subsidizing you non oil-producing states."

But obviously someone from Anambra, Abia, Enugu, etc cannot say the same thing to me, at least very convincingly.

With that said, it is sort of strange to say, "what is X contributing to Nigeria?"

Not everyone even believes in the concept of Nigeria sef. So what sense does it make to ask them what they've contributed?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2012
Show us proof! Do you really know the difference bettween importing and producing?? hey!

nwabobo:

SE manufactures fake drugs? Emzor, na ur uncle get am? M&B, na una get am? Neimeth, na una still get am abi?

You create and dye ur own cloth while SE don't? Ever heard of Akwete cloth?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2012
The OP wasn't talking about natural resources, he was asking what the easterners contribute in terms of human resource productivity and I asked:
In terms of human resources, which zone is better than the south east?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by dustydee: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2012
People from the SE are the most resourceful people I know in Nigeria today, just unfortunate that some of them are also dishonest. As for the SS there's not much I can say. The Northerners are laid back but also hardworking. Laid back in the sense that as long as they can earn money to feed themselves that day they are ok hence you see them as cart pushers, guards etc. The SWners are also decent people. Overall I think Nigerians are willing to work and earn a decent living but ethnicity and greed will not let us be.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2012
This is simple, Southeast is the most diverse economy in Nigeria. It is the only region in Nigeria that can claim to fully employ all four factors of production.

That is Land, Labour, Capital and Entrepreneurship. In land the resources are varied ranging on everything from oil, gold, diamand etc. Capital also everything from Vehicle manufacturing to machinery etc.

Labour is something even Nigerians can't deny as South easterners contribute significantly to industries workforce across Nigeria from blue collar to white collar workers from Cross Rivers to Lagos and even Ghana. From Rivers to Abuja, Sokoto and even Maiduguri.

Entrepreneurship is unmatched in Nigeria and Black Africa. As the list of enterprise are endless. Mind u Delta and Rivers are significantly tied to the southeast in particular Rivers that produce the most oil in Nigeria.

The question should be wat Southwest and core North contribute to Nigeria. Middle-belt and food aside .
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Show us proof! Do you really know the difference bettween importing and producing?? hey!

Rhino.4dm:

Rhino.4dm:

Dude, EMzor Pharmaceutials is owned by Chief Mrs Stella Okoli. Going by ur logic, since the corporate headuarters of Mobil and Chevron are in Lagos, Lagos state should then claim the proceeds from their operations.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2012
Dont be fooled by those Abakiliki boys hawking on the street of lagos or private shop owners selling fake drugs or pirated CD's.

show me one person in south east that have contributed to Nigeria like dangote, mike adenuga or wale tinubu. Go ahead

Crude Oil:

The OP wasn't talking about natural resources, he was asking what the easterners contribute in terms of human resource productivity and I asked:
In terms of human resources, which zone is[b] better than the south east? [/b]
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by FASTLINK1: 9:41am On Feb 04, 2012
Are we talkingg of Nigeria today or yesterday because I know that some part of Delta state was in the old Anambra state.

We still have Coal in large quantity in Enugu and a day will come when it better use would be found if not found already.

The truth of the matter is that we need each other in this world.

Even the most wicked pest in the agric world has its' economic importance.
Thank you
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:49am On Feb 04, 2012
stop your land grabbing mentality and tell us what south east contribute to Nigeria.

[size=28pt]How much do south eastern states contribute to the federation account this is being shared monthly!![/size]

FAST-LINK:

Are we talkingg of Nigeria today or yesterday because I know that some part of Delta state was in the old Anambra state.

We still have Coal in large quantity in Enugu and a day will come when it better use would be found if not found already.

The truth of the matter is that we need each other in this world.

Even the most wicked pest in the agric world has its' economic importance.
Thank you
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Dont be fooled by those Abakiliki boys hawking on the street of lagos or private shop owners selling fake drugs or pirated CD's.

show me one person in south east that have contributed to Nigeria like dangote, mike adenuga or wale tinubu. Go ahead

LMAO!!!

So people like Ekene dili Chukwu, Tony Ezenna of Orange drugs, Sam Ohabunwa, ABC motors and other major transporters, Coscharis, Ibeto etc are private shop owners?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

Dude, EMzor Pharmaceutials is owned by Chief Mrs Stella Okoli. Going by ur logic, since the corporate headuarters of Mobil and Chevron are in Lagos, Lagos state should then claim the proceeds from their operations.

@ bolded.
No one is arguing the ownership of Emzor, but hence there factory is located in south west, there tax is going to south west and NOT south east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Short-cut Into Ikeja Police Barracks By Mobolaji Bank-anthony Way / Governor Aregbesola Checking Out Twitter / Tinubu Sets Up Tax Reforms Committee, Names Oyedele As Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.