Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (814085 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
735 i:

Are you a learner?
I said she was a "take away".
Please what do you do with "take away" when you get to your house? grin grin

grin grin shocked tongue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mizGene(f): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
735 i:

Are you a learner?
lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^^How much per pound
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
spikes C:

ah ah, it's costly nah. Just the same with GTB.
Firstbank is 256.

GTB dat I know is 268.

Not sure about first bank.

Data our rate sha,

U know it changes daily, contact me wen u ready it might be diff then.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:23am On Dec 04, 2013
bebe2:

GTB dat I know is 268.

Not sure about first bank.

Data our rate sha,

U know it changes daily, contact me wen u ready it might be diff then.

No problem ma'am

Do you change pounds for Naira? how much would that be?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
@Igbo_hater

If you want to post here and have it visible then get another ID, any more post with such name will be hidden.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
spikes C:

No problem ma'am

Do you change pounds for Naira? how much would that be?

Ahhh yes o. My expertise. Lol

Rate is 266
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mizGene(f): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
justwise: @Igbo_hater

If you want to post here and have it visible then get another ID, any more post with such name will be hidden.

Go Justwise grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by coogar: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
735 i:

Are you a learner?

you think say na yaba you dey? you took her home does not necessarily guarantee hitting it. she slept in your bed does not also guarantee hitting it. her consent is the key so your "takeaway" ish does not convey the message i wanted to see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

you think say na yaba you dey? you took her home does not necessarily guarantee hitting it. she slept in your bed does not also guarantee hitting it. her consent is the key do your "takeaway" ish does not convey the message i wanted to see.

grin grin pls we need to explore dat concept. slept in ur bed doesnt mean u hit it. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by coogar: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
bebe2:
grin grin pls we need to explore dat concept. slept in ur bed doesnt mean u hit it. shocked shocked shocked

a woman sleeping in a man's bed has not given consent to sëx, she's just tired. if the man misconstrues this & he goes ahead, he might cop a räpe charge in the UK - that's 4 years of his life in prison......he must also register as a sëx offender for the rest of his life.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

you think say na yaba you dey? you took her home does not necessarily guarantee hitting it. she slept in your bed does not also guarantee hitting it. her consent is the key do your "takeaway" ish does not convey the message i wanted to see.

Izz alrite!
No expect me to beat ogene (metal gong) for N\L
She was "take away"
Dazz all!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by abbakacici: 12:11am On Dec 05, 2013
bebe2: It baffles me dat pple still use GTB to pay their school fees.

There are lots of companies here in the UK dat will pay it for u for far cheaper rates. Companies dat have been established for years. Ur £12,000 is unlikely to Make dem risk prosecution and losing their reputation.
nigerian love last min preparation, you know are nigerian who are planning coming here and they have not paid they tuition fees, so i don't think they will have time to look for reputable company to paid their tuition fees for them, even if they find one, am not sure up to 10% nigerian will just send 12,000 to a company they meet online, am not saying 400 pounds for 12,000 is small amount, but is less risky to paid gt the 400 pounds then send 12,000 to unknown person, so if something goes wrong GTB are easier to find, i think the average cost of studying in UK per year is like 18,000 to 20,000 so i don't think paying like 300 pounds more (assuming the company doing the transfer for you charge 100 pounds) will destroy your budget and you will have peace of mind
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 1:19am On Dec 05, 2013
abbakacici: nigerian love last min preparation, you know are nigerian who are planning coming here and they have not paid they tuition fees, so i don't think they will have time to look for reputable company to paid their tuition fees for them, even if they find one, am not sure up to 10% nigerian will just send 12,000 to a company they meet online, am not saying 400 pounds for 12,000 is small amount, but is less risky to paid gt the 400 pounds then send 12,000 to unknown person, so if something goes wrong GTB are easier to find, i think the average cost of studying in UK per year is like 18,000 to 20,000 so i don't think paying like 300 pounds more (assuming the company doing the transfer for you charge 100 pounds) will destroy your budget and you will have peace of mind

Once they g get here they will learn d importance of planing ahead grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
hello iam for salford but march intake, Wadup, have u made up your mind on choice of school

My cuz is heading to salford but I am still trying to choose between Salford and Coventry. grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
bebe2:
Once they g get here they will learn d importance of planing ahead grin
You can say that again
Planning WAY ahead is one thing the West excels at unlike our our fire brigade approaches in Africa
To all those intending to come and actively making preparations, please try and leave Nigeria two weeks before your course starts
Most schools will allow two weeks late resumption, PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS A POISONED CHALICE
It takes between 1-2 months minimum to settle in here [please let others dispute and correct me if I'm wrong] cool cool
Please apply on time for your visas [I didn't because my money was fixed and elected to pay up my tuition before applying so as to reduce chances of a visa refusal cheesy cheesy cheesy thus had to wait for the money to reflect in the school's account and a new CAS ]
I got in a day before resumption, secured private accommodation after 8 days, had to wrap my head around the difference in learning styles, deal with the changes in diet[till I located African stores tongue tongue], weather, lifestyle ; the loneliness in the West etc
Many times I had to dig in deep and reject internal self-limiting negative voices that kept questioning my abilities and humming I was a failure
But now, God punish devil grin grin grin grin grin, it was all the challenges of integration
Even if na Cambridge, bring it on wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
@bebe2

Please no ad is allowed here, i have to be fair to everybody, no dropping of contact details. If you want to advertise your business then get in touch with Seun and pay for a space.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ochukoccna

Sorry i have to edit your reply to bebe2
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bebe2(f): 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
justwise: @bebe2

Please no ad is allowed here, i have to be fair to everybody, no dropping of contact details. If you want to advertise your business then get in touch with Seun and pay for a space.

see oga justwise make u cool down for jesus o,

why didnt u just remove the contact details instead of deleting all post, dnt forget i was answering someone's question.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 12:11am On Dec 06, 2013
Please where can one get orisirishi meat parts [shaki, roundabout, kidney etal] in this land
Tesco and Farmfoods which I patronize just sell beef, lamb cops and chicken
Haven't seen this orisirishi meat parts save in African food stores where it is quite expensive embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Any insights please?
Thanks

bebe2:
see oga justwise make u cool down for jesus o,
why didnt u just remove the contact details instead of deleting all post, dnt forget i was answering someone's question.
You said my mind, so let me cut him some slack too and not repeat some of the stuff you've spoken about
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 2:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Go to the Butchers ^^ mainly African/Asian, you might have to ask the Oyinbo butchers what you want cos they throw most of it away

Doubt you will get anyone sell you 'roundabout' though
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by abbakacici: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2013
danny4sure: hello iam for salford but march intake, Wadup, have u made up your mind on choice of school

My cuz is heading to salford but I am still trying to choose between Salford and Coventry. grin
salford has a better ranking, thus better employment opportunity both in nigerian and uk, this is because of the number of alumni of coventry in Nigeria is a bit high, most of them party goers especially those that study that the malaysia, singapore and dubai campuses because at the end of the day will you and them will get the same certificate 100% same no different so when you come back home if you are unlucky this party goers are already employment in the place you wanted to work is will be hard for you to get in ( because if employer employ 3 graduate from the same school with 2:1 and 2:2 and they can't do any thing i think it will hard for with first class from the same university to get job there ) but coventry has the best nigerian student union in uk so if you like staying with Nigerians conventry is the best place for you, they even has a lot of nigerian lecturers so you will feel just as home, even though salford too has a strong nigerian community is not as strong as Conventry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mizGene(f): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2013
abbakacici: salford has a better ranking, thus better employment opportunity both in nigerian and uk, this is because of the number of alumni of coventry in Nigeria is a bit high, most of them party goers especially those that study that the malaysia, singapore and dubai campuses because at the end of the day will you and them will get the same certificate 100% same no different so when you come back home if you are unlucky this party goers are already employment in the place you wanted to work is will be hard for you to get in ( because if employer employ 3 graduate from the same school with 2:1 and 2:2 and they can't do any thing i think it will hard for with first class from the same university to get job there ) but coventry has the best nigerian student union in uk so if you like staying with Nigerians conventry is the best place for you, they even has a lot of nigerian lecturers so you will feel just as home, even though salford too has a strong nigerian community is not as strong as Conventry

.u r even contradicting urself, infact I cnt say dt I understood most of what u said but I do know that Coventry has a better ranking than Salford.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2013
abbakacici: salford has a better ranking, thus better employment opportunity both in nigerian and uk, this is because of the number of alumni of coventry in Nigeria is a bit high, most of them party goers especially those that study that the malaysia, singapore and dubai campuses because at the end of the day will you and them will get the same certificate 100% same no different so when you come back home if you are unlucky this party goers are already employment in the place you wanted to work is will be hard for you to get in ( because if employer employ 3 graduate from the same school with 2:1 and 2:2 and they can't do any thing i think it will hard for with first class from the same university to get job there ) but coventry has the best nigerian student union in uk so if you like staying with Nigerians conventry is the best place for you, they even has a lot of nigerian lecturers so you will feel just as home, even though salford too has a strong nigerian community is not as strong as Conventry

Coventry is way better than Salford. undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Agiemars: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Please,wat do u guyz think of anglia ruskin university,peterborough,uk?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Knew someone that studied Nursing at their Chelmsford Campus- very decent uni ^^

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (213) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.