Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (534050 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lahify(m): 1:05am On Jul 28, 2015
Gurus in the house please does canadian universities accept wes for credential evaluation. Because I heard
that wes can improve one's cgpa when converted to the canadian 4.00 scale
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 28, 2015
lahify:
Gurus in the house please does canadian universities accept wes for credential evaluation. Because I heard
that wes can improve one's cgpa when converted to the canadian 4.00 scale
Most universities if not all would prefer transcript from your previous university. They would want to access your grades themselves. WES is more geared towards employment purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lahify(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
saxywale:

Most universities if not all would prefer transcript from your previous university. They would want to access your grades themselves. WES is more geared towards employment purposes.
alright sir. Would you enlighten me on the preferred cgpa to attain before someone could be considered for masters in canada.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by worry357: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2015
lahify:
alright sir. Would you enlighten me on the preferred cgpa to attain before someone could be considered for masters in canada.
You want to do Masters and you can't use Google to research universities for yourself. shocked grin shocked grin
How are you going to manage in school? Take mama with you? angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lahify(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
worry357:

You want to do Masters and you can't use Google to research universities for yourself. shocked grin shocked grin
How are you going to manage in school? Take mama with you? angry
lol I tried checking universities cgpa requirement but it isn't very clear to me. That is why I came here looking for help. #justlove #nofighting
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by samuelkingz(m): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pls i would like to know how lucrative is mass communication wit a major in advert and public relations...wld u advise me to do a masters in advert & PR or any related course in canada??thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by paparazzi1987(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello house,

Please i really need your urgent advise.I have been admitted for MSC in Applied Computing.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN SURVIVE IN CANADA WITH JUST 2 MILLION NAIRA.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ototoyi: 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
deleted
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ototoyi: 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
sorry deleting
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by oshoki: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Perotti: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hello house,

I will be visiting Canada next week for a program and would like to ask for info on the following:
1. What sort of adaptor do I come along with for my laptop and phone chargers because I learnt the Canadian switches are different from 9ja's own.

2. Do I come with more cash or with my ATM? How much do banks charges cost for atm usage?

3. Are phones and tabs cheaper to buy over there? I checked out bestbuy.ca but I don't know if the prices quoted are paid on installment basis or not.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by afroxyz: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2015
I intend doing my PhD in Canada. Please what are my chances of getting a job as a lecturer when I finish my programme?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Perotti:
Hello house,

I will be visiting Canada next week for a program and would like to ask for info on the following:
1. What sort of adaptor do I come along with for my laptop and phone chargers because I learnt the Canadian switches are different from 9ja's own.

2. Do I come with more cash or with my ATM? How much do banks charges cost for atm usage?

3. Are phones and tabs cheaper to buy over there? I checked out bestbuy.ca but I don't know if the prices quoted are paid on installment basis or not.

Thanks

I will advice you buy you adapter in Canada upon your arrival.

You could come with both cash and your plastic... however, you get Canadian $ in Lagos to buy or you coming with USA $ if you doing cash?

How long are you staying that you thinking of instalmental payment? Anyhow, it is all one time payment and whatever you see add 13% tax to it and a other like 10$ for recycling fees based on item you purchasing as long as it is electronics.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay in Canada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
paparazzi1987:
Hello house,

Please i really need your urgent advise.I have been admitted for MSC in Applied Computing.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN SURVIVE IN CANADA WITH JUST 2 MILLION NAIRA.

Depends on how you spend..or perhaps how economical you are.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by burrytee(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello house,can someone who has done evaluation wt WES Ca jst please feed me with a respond.having sent all my details,payment, transcript document for evaluation which were confirmed received. Am awaiting the evaluation report to be under three 3weeks from june 13.checking my status I could see" waiting for verification from institution" .I have been to my institution yet they claim no mail were sent from WES Ca.pls is it possible for me to track the exact date WES mailed my nigeria institution.thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by zaidasqueen: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
hi all....please i am new on nairaland. i av a little stuff bothering me,and would be glad to get replies...i intend doing my masters/MBA in canada....need suggestions of any goos school with low tuition fees,i have researched using google,got some information,but i need real answers from pple living there or av knowledge abt canada.....also wanna know how it is to school and live in newfoundland as regards living expenses,weather as well as population of nigerians there. thirdly scholarship oppurtunities? need to know abt scholarships that are available for either a masters in finance or an MBA for Nigerians. THanks for y'al feedbacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
saxywale:

OK. much clearer now. You shouldn't have a problem finding a good paying job since IT is not regulated. The way it stands now, the only option for residency is through the Express entry program. Although I believe you would get a year of open work permit i. e post study work temporary residency. To be honest, one year is quite short.

There was a stream called Canadian experience class which most post student use in obtaining residency...but that has now also been merged into the express entry program on the 1st of January. Now one would need an employer that can grant LMIA to obtain sufficient points, 600 points extra out of the total 1200. You may receive points for studies in Canada but I doubt if it's more than 50.

There are some PNP programs too like the Nova scotia and saskatchewan programs(opened to anyone) where you can be nominated by the province to apply under the express entry.

If you're nominated by the province,what next?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by xladym(f): 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Perotti:
Hello house,

Thanks

Fhemmy answered this...
i will answer question 2
Banks charge 3 dollars per atm withdrawal. BUT now CBN has this limit thing where you cannot withdraw more than 50,000 naira in a day. that comes to about 350$

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by xladym(f): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
afroxyz:
I intend doing my PhD in Canada. Please what are my chances of getting a job as a lecturer when I finish my programme?

As a post doctoral fellow.... maybe
As a lecturer? Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by xladym(f): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
lahify:
lol I tried checking universities cgpa requirement but it isn't very clear to me. That is why I came here looking for help. #justlove #nofighting

Well, he is kind of right. In this case, google is your friend.
But most universities accept the equivalent of a Nigerian 2.1 and above
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by zaidasqueen: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
zaidasqueen:
hi all....please i am new on nairaland. i av a little stuff bothering me,and would be glad to get replies...i intend doing my masters/MBA in canada....need suggestions of any goos school with low tuition fees,i have researched using google,got some information,but i need real answers from pple living there or av knowledge abt canada.....also wanna know how it is to school and live in newfoundland as regards living expenses,weather as well as population of nigerians there. thirdly scholarship oppurtunities? need to know abt scholarships that are available for either a masters in finance or an MBA for Nigerians. THanks for y'al feedbacks.
no reply from anyone yet.....pls I really need help
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
zaidasqueen:
no reply from anyone yet.....pls I really need help

Post your request in this forum. The forum is all about study permit in Canada

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/335#2367106.10739

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ridlaw(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
I have a physics degree with a cgpa of 2.41. I need a Canadian university/college where I can pursue my masters program considering my cgpa. list of possible courses will be appreciated too. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by asihap(m): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Helo guys,
I applied for student visa on 5 of may 2015, I was cald for my medical on d 3 of june 2015 and my visa was denield on the 28 of july 2015 but my medical was 5n. I applied at thompson Rivers university, BC 2ru an agent but I didn't indicate that on d questiona that they gave me d day I submitted my visa application. I answerd dat no one introduce me to the sku dat I search for d sku myslf online. Cud it b dat my visa was denield because I answerd dat I had no agent? Or wot cud b d cause?. Do they use to denield someone visa afta medical nd even afta passin d medical?. I'm confused guys nd I nid ur replies. Tnx
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by samuelkingz(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2015
samuelkingz:
Pls i would like to know how lucrative is mass communication wit a major in advert and public relations...wld u advise me to do a masters in advert & PR or any related course in canada??thanks
pls someone shld help me out wif dis,...i wld really appreciate
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by sholay2011(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
asihap:
Helo guys,
I applied for student visa on 5 of may 2015, I was cald for my medical on d 3 of june 2015 and my visa was denield on the 28 of july 2015 but my medical was 5n. I applied at thompson Rivers university, BC 2ru an agent but I didn't indicate that on d questiona that they gave me d day I submitted my visa application. I answerd dat no one introduce me to the sku dat I search for d sku myslf online. Cud it b dat my visa was denield because I answerd dat I had no agent? Or wot cud b d cause?. Do they use to denield someone visa afta medical nd even afta passin d medical?. I'm confused guys nd I nid ur replies. Tnx
It's now common practice for CIC to deny people even after medicals; no one knows the reason for such. It has nothing to do with you using an agent or not.

Go and pick up your files to see the reason(s) you were denied. You can repost this your inquiry on the 'Traveling to Canada: Part 8' thread. It is well.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please who is here that's studying in university of Alberta?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Ajibade105(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2015
Goodmorning guyz.

Is anyone here who is a graduate student of the University of Saskatachewan...#I don't really understand the admission process...#Please help a brother
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hi, pls anyone studying at University of Manitoba
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
Also, pls if I want to study architecture in Canada, which University would you advice. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by sholay2011(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
aqualuv:
Hi, pls anyone studying at University of Manitoba
I'm not yet studying there but going this Fall. What's up?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
sholay2011:

I'm not yet studying there but going this Fall. What's up?
Pls can i have ur contact . Need to ask some questions from u

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.