Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533335 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by fizzy94(m): 12:18pm On May 14, 2015
I'm trying to apply for an undergraduate program through CUAC but I still need to find out other agencies that can help out, can anyone recommend one for me please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 7:14pm On May 14, 2015
sharonalex:
Good day everyone, my husband and daughter applied for open work permit and it's more than a month now that their portal has shown medical passed but we dnt hear anything from cic since then, please what can we do!!!

I need your suggestions please!

Have you tried contacting the CIC (phone, email, etc)?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by TimTam2014: 8:00am On May 15, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I think the Analytics is better cos why would a bachelor holder wanna start doing pgd in same program.... will also advice to look for a program that will be longer.... if you have your mind on PR but don't let your life depend on it just in case...... good luck

Fhemmmy...thank you so much...u r da best!
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 11:50am On May 15, 2015
TimTam2014:

Fhemmmy...thank you so much...u r da best!

All thanks belong to God, see you in Canada, sir
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 7:41pm On May 15, 2015
Good day bro. Please with the new CIC regulations, is it LEGAL and POSSIBLE for one to work y on LEAVE OF ABSENCE in Canada?
2. What are the options available to an international student if he/she can't raise tuition fee for second term after first term nd need take break fron school to raise cash for d second term in Canada
Fhemmmy:

All thanks belong to God, see you in Canada, sir
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by benedictuyi(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2015
monisola001:

hi I am thinking about applying to red river college pls did u submit ur secondary school qualifications alone or university. ...and pls whats the school like.

Pls send me ur mail @monisola001
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by benedictuyi(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2015
To apply for red river college, do i need to sit for TOEFL?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 7:17pm On May 19, 2015
benedictuyi:
To apply for red river college, do i need to sit for TOEFL?

Check with the school's admissions office-- email them or check their website
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by benedictuyi(m): 7:29pm On May 19, 2015
ifegy:

Check with the school's admissions office-- email them or check their website

On their website, dy don't have list of exempted countries. .i'hv mailed them but no reply yet
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bhanty01: 12:08pm On May 21, 2015
Please I want to know if it is possible to drop the school in canada and opt out for working while on student visa
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by worry357: 1:33pm On May 21, 2015
bhanty01:
Please I want to know if it is possible to drop the school in canada and opt out for working while on student visa

It's not difficult to understand.
Student visa is for study, if you are not studying then you must leave to go home.
To work you need work visa.
Go to Canada visa web site, read and learn.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Mekurexx: 9:57pm On May 21, 2015
Ahhhh undecided undecided
bhanty01:
Please I want to know if it is possible to d embarassed embarassedrop the school in canada and opt out for working while on student visa
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 11:54am On May 22, 2015
benedictuyi:

On their website, dy don't have list of exempted countries. .i'hv mailed them but no reply yet
Try calling...number for admissions office should be on their website. ..remember time difference. ..speak slowly in case of accent issues
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 22, 2015
worry357:

It's not difficult to understand.
Student visa is for study, if you are not studying then you must leave to go home.
To work you need work visa.
Go to Canada visa web site, read and learn.

Lol . . .

You don't suffer f00ls gladly, do you?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by neoneyo: 9:39pm On May 24, 2015
Hello everyone,
from the cic website i have noticed they are new rules regarding change of schools or courses as at june 2014

please can any one give insight as to changing schools or course of study after ariving canada from the one that was the basis of TRV/STUDY PERMIT.
i am aware the first step is getting admission to the school you want to change to and notifying the cic....
MY QUESTION is, in a case when u want to transfer from a PGD prog to an Undergraduate Diploma, are there any peculiarities or problems associated with that and does it fall under the category of change of level as stated below(copied from the cic website), which requires applying for a new study permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. [color=#006600]You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit).

I COPIED THIS FROM THE CIC SITE.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ujugirl88(f): 7:58am On May 27, 2015
Hi all,i wana apply for a 2 years post graduate diploma in human resource mgt in Acsenda school of management vancouver. Has anyone hear abt dis sch? Any cheap college or uni u can suggest for postgraduate diploma Pls I need answers ASAP.thanks cry shocked
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2015
Nigerians living in Canada, please what is the average cost of accommodation in Regina monthly?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2015
benedictuyi:

You will need to write an English test though I'm not sure if it's ielts or toefl. Check their international student page. Even as a pr I was asked to write an English test.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by eddyme(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2015
pls i need your help i will be graduating from CCT this year i am hoping to apply for computer science since i am studying software engineering in CCT For ND programm will brandon university give me admission
i am 26years going for undergraduate
[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by worry357: 11:56am On Jun 14, 2015
eddyme:
pls i need your help i will be graduating from CCT this year i am hoping to apply for computer science since i am studying software engineering in CCT For ND programm will brandon university give me admission
i am 26years going for undergraduate
[b][/b]
Write to the university and ask them. Only they can give you an answer.
Anyone here is just guessing.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Mayflowa(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
TimTam2014:
jojcanada,

Hello, pls I need ur help. I read it from ur tread that u have studied abroad before applying to Canada. I have MBA from UK and would love to study in Canada (MSc.) I have 2:2 in undergrad so can't get a school...and have 53% in my MBA so can't go for PhD... I m considering a PGD or PGC..do u think d visa officer won't refuse my application based on d fact that I m not progressing in my choice as in from MBA to PGD.
Also is it possible to be silent about my MBA.

@ fhemmmy and hotstepper...pls I need ur input too.

Thank you in advance good naijalanders

I think you can combine your BSc and MBA to get an MSc admission in Canada. It is always better to contact the admission/graduate advisor in your dept in Canada
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mayflowa:

I think you can combine your BSc and MBA to get an MSc admission in Canada. It is always better to contact the admission/graduate advisor in your dept in Canada
please I will like to know whether banking and finance is lucrative in Canada and will you advice me to go for my masters in finance or investment banking! thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Mayflowa(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Royat1:
please I will like to know whether banking and finance is lucrative in Canada and will you advice me to go for my masters in finance or investment banking! thank you

Yes finance is important in Canada as is it everywhere in the world. But MSc finance or investment banking are one of the most expensive MSc courses to run in Canada. If you do have the means, you should go for finance. That should include your investment module.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Mayflowa:

Yes finance is important in Canada as is it everywhere in the world. But MSc finance or investment banking are one of the most expensive MSc courses to run in Canada. If you do have the means, you should go for finance. That should include your investment module.
. thanks bro! if I may ask do you stay in Canada ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by TimTam2014: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mayflowa:

Oh...really. Thank you....I ll try it then.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by nanaposh29: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello nairaland! Please I want to know if someone must have to be done with NYSC before travelling to maybe Canada for a Master Degree...
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by nanaposh29: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
nanaposh29:
Hello nairaland! Please I want to know if someone must have to be done with NYSC before travelling to maybe Canada for a Master Degree...
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by oshoki: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hello everyone please I recently applied for a pgd program in a school in canada because I was not able to apply for masters because of my 2.2 result but recently found out that the diploma degree I will get from the school might not enable me apply for masters.. does anyone have any info on what my other options might be if I go ahead with the diploma?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 19, 2015
oshoki:
Hello everyone please I recently applied for a pgd program in a school in canada because I was not able to apply for masters because of my 2.2 result but recently found out that the diploma degree I will get from the school might not enable me apply for masters.. does anyone have any info on what my other options might be if I go ahead with the diploma?

Can you post a link to the pgd?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Turpsie(f): 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hi everyone,
Anyone currently studying in memorial University of Newfoundland? How is life generally over there?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by RedCapChief(m): 12:47am On Jul 23, 2015
nanaposh29:

Mbanu!!!

No

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Joe980: 5:59am On Jul 23, 2015
oshoki:
Did you apply for masters at all or you just concluded? Any work experience etc? How good is your last two semester results? Some courses taken in your undergrad also play some roles. These are some of the factors some schools work with. Digest the requirements and give it a shot, it's all about application fee though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.