Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533389 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by EJIZY: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hi all...please I want to go for an MBA in Canada, I would like to know my chances of securing a good job after my program and also it's a one year MBA, would I qualify for a 3year work permit to process my PR.
I will highly appreciate your response.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by zequiadams: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello People,
I know this is a bit off point but I'm new on here and would like to make a few enquires.I read some of the posts on here and would appreciate any advice you can offer.
I'm a final year Ghanaian student studying actuarial science in China.I applied to Trent University in Peterborough earlier this year for my graduate degree(financial analytics:Quantitative finance) and I'm yet to hear of any concrete decisions taken in respect to my application.
If I happen to secure an admission,do I have to go back to Ghana to apply for a visa/can I apply directly from China?.
Im studying for and plan to take professional certificates related to the finance field, specifically FRM and CFA).Do you have any ideas about accommodation of foreigners in the finance industry in Canada?
Thank you very much.Any advice is pre-appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Is2bEe(m): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
zequiadams:
Hello People,
I know this is a bit off point but I'm new on here and would like to make a few enquires.I read some of the posts on here and would appreciate any advice you can offer.
I'm a final year Ghanaian student studying actuarial science in China.I applied to Trent University in Peterborough earlier this year for my graduate degree(financial analytics:Quantitative finance) and I'm yet to hear of any concrete decisions taken in respect to my application.
If I happen to secure an admission,do I have to go back to Ghana to apply for a visa/can I apply directly from China?.
Im studying for and plan to take professional certificates related to the finance field, specifically FRM and CFA).Do you have any ideas about accommodation of foreigners in the finance industry in Canada?
you can apply directly from China so far your study permit there is still valid. Ensure you add evidence of your immigration status in China in your application. Cheers
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chimah3(m): 7:17am On Feb 13, 2017
Why are you all derailing the purpose of this thread...this is not a place to calculate GP or make school enquiries. That is done here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11

I believe this is a thread to learn how to survive when you finally get to Canada. And learn from the experiences of those who have gone ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by john7david: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello,
I applied for practical elements in mechanical engineering @ fanshawe college, i just want to know how long it takes to get a response from them concerning my admission status, plus do they have a web application or a student portal where i can see my application status anytime i want to??
Plus i have a tuition deposit of over $12,000 CAD with university of manitoba, is it possible to get U of M to forward my money to fanshawe college if i get in??
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ozzy2: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello all, is it possible to change from a masters programme to pgc after TRV approval/arrival in canada?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Yes....it is possible
ozzy2:
Hello all, is it possible to change from a masters programme to pgc after TRV approval/arrival in canada?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
When is the starting date for the "Financial Analytics: Quantitative finance" degree you applied to? I'm sure they will contact you soon about the status of your application, if it starts in the Fall. Or call the graduate school directly with your questions. It's better to call than email. Trent is a very beautiful school with amaaazing scenery and is surrounded by lots of nature! Good luck.

zequiadams:
Hello People,
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by yemzy26: 12:13am On Feb 24, 2017
hello bosses,please help me answer this,
my wife wants to apply for msc in a canadian university and we want to apply with her as spouse,me and 2kids
1.what will it cost us as embassy fees
2.Can i as a spouse enter canada before her if we get the visa
3.my aim is to work and support her when she resumes,is this possible

pls help with a these questions,thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by zequiadams: 4:59am On Feb 24, 2017
NotOfThis:
When is the starting date for the "Financial Analytics: Quantitative finance" degree you applied to? I'm sure they will contact you soon about the status of your application, if it starts in the Fall. Or call the graduate school directly with your questions. It's better to call than email. Trent is a very beautiful school with amaaazing scenery and is surrounded by lots of nature! Good luck.

Thanks for your response.The program is supposed to begin in September 2017,however I got an email from them requiring me to take an English proficiency test and requesting for the results to be sent to them directly by the issuing institution.

It is clearly stated in the school's website the class of students that are supposed to take the test and I do not belong to it so I'm a little taken aback by this new development.

The exam itself is not an issue as I have already taken an IELTS test but it has exceeded the validity period however there are circumstances that hinder me from taking an international exam at this particular time so I guess I will have to wait till I am ready to even though time is of the essence.

I will email the school again and cross check if anything can be done on my behalf.

Thank you again.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 24, 2017
Since they've asked you to take the english test, please do it. It's probably a deciding factor in your admission. Try and do it as soon as you can and have the results sent to them. Good luck.

zequiadams:

Thanks for your response.The program is supposed to begin in September 2017,however I got an email from them requiring me to take an English proficiency test and requesting for the results to be sent to them directly by the issuing institution.

It is clearly stated in the school's website the class of students that are supposed to take the test and I do not belong to it so I'm a little taken aback by this new development.

The exam itself is not an issue as I have already taken an IELTS test but it has exceeded the validity period however there are circumstances that hinder me from taking an international exam at this particular time so I guess I will have to wait till I am ready to even though time is of the essence.

I will email the school again and cross check if anything can be done on my behalf.

Thank you again.

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by wiljen120: 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hello Folks, I'll be heading to downtown Montreal in the summer 2017. Anybody there already, or going? Need some Intel especially on accommodation
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Spatialcol: 2:55am On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=john7david post=53880492]Hello,
I applied for practical elements in mechanical engineering @ fanshawe college, i just want to know how long it takes to get a response from them concerning my admission status, plus do they have a web application or a student portal where i can see my application status anytime i want to??quote]

Hi bro,
*it takes less than two weeks after admission deadline to get unconditional offer from fanshawe.
*No! There's no applicant portal to check admission status.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by gkgraphics(m): 7:42am On Feb 27, 2017
Hello everyone
I will be leaving for school first week of April. Does any one knows anybody I can link up with in Fleming college Peterborough Ontario.I'll need help with temporary and permanent accommodation.also i need your sincere advice things to do and things not to do.
I wait for your kind response
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzjennypher(f): 9:59am On Feb 27, 2017
Good day house i really want to study in canada and eventually get a pr but my major issue is bank statement. i dnt have the required sum for bank statement and no close relative to act as sponsor.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by john7david: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello,
am having issues paying for my study permit application online, it keeps refusing my payment,
i tried with my gtb atm card, my diamond USD card both were declined. abeg i need help oO

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by abdulkabirtobi(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2017
Hi, I will love any advice on this move of mine.

I currently hold an hnd certificate in computer engineering and I am looking at doing a credit transfer into memorial university of Newfoundland, this will take me to part 3 if I'm finally granted admission but I'm at thesame time in a fix on either following that route or going going for a pgd(c) ,any advice on this will b highly appreciated and between what's job prospects like for graduates of computer engineering in Canada.
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ladyvan88(f): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2017
Hello people I hope someone here can help me with the weather in Halifax generally because I'll be starting at Dalhousie in September. I'll be grateful for any weather information. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
ladyvan88:
Hello people I hope someone here can help me with the weather in Halifax generally because I'll be starting at Dalhousie in September. I'll be grateful for any weather information. Thanks

My dear, I smiled at ur post.
Canada is very cold. You will be fine no matter ur location if you bundle up properly using thermal wear and the likes.So don't let the weather be a source of concern now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by studyincanada18(m): 2:16am On Mar 06, 2017
abdulkabirtobi:
Hi, I will love any advice on this move of mine.

I currently hold an hnd certificate in computer engineering and I am looking at doing a credit transfer into memorial university of Newfoundland, this will take me to part 3 if I'm finally granted admission but I'm at thesame time in a fix on either following that route or going going for a pgd(c) ,any advice on this will b highly appreciated and between what's job prospects like for graduates of computer engineering in Canada.
Thank you

Hi,
Memorial UNi won't accept H.N.D for masters program,the only uni that accepts H.ND for masters is uni PEI and you must meet certain requirements.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ladylco: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2017
Hello, please what is the cost of renting a shared 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom apartment, around mohawk college. It is needed urgently.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
September is technically still summer and the weather shouldn't be cold. You will adjust just fine when winter arrives.

ladyvan88:
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
ladylco:
Hello, please what is the cost of renting a shared 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom apartment, around mohawk college. It is needed urgently.

Thank you

Hi,

You should be able to get a room in a shared 2 bedroom apartment from $425 to $500 around Mohawk College. Prices depend on how furnished the rooms are and location in Hamilton. But make sure you watch out for bed bugs. There are some very gangster area in Hamilton with bed bugs infested houses.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Niggafckyou07(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2017
hello everyone. I need information on viable management PGD studies that I can apply for in view of snatching a decent job in Canada. Please, I need the Dons to contribute. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by luckyprince(m): 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
john7david:
Hello,
am having issues paying for my study permit application online, it keeps refusing my payment,
i tried with my gtb atm card, my diamond USD card both were declined. abeg i need help oO

you can't use more than $100 from your naira debit card for dollars....

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.