Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (15130 Views)

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=frosbel]

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form," - Colossians 2:9

A consideration of the context of Colossians 2:9 clearly shows that having “Godhead,”(KJ) or “deity,”(NET) or “divinity,”(Latin Vulgate) or “divine quality,”(NT) does not make Christ the same as God the Almighty.
NOTE: Some translations read “Godhead” and “deity,” which Trinitarians and the likes interpret to mean that God personally dwells in Christ. (KJ, WEB, BBE, ASV, YLT, DARBY, WEBSTER, RS, NAB, NET)

Was the apostle Paul there saying that the “fullness” that was in Christ made Christ God himself? Not at all!
In the preceding chapter, Paul says: “God saw good for all fullness to dwell in him.” (Col 1:19) Thus the fullness dwells in Christ because it “pleased the Father” (KJ, DY) or “because it was by God’s choice.” (NE)
So the fullness of “divinity” (Latin Vulgate) that dwells in Christ is his as a result of a decision made by the Father.

Further showing that having such “fullness” does not make Christ the same person as Almighty God is the fact that Paul later speaks of Christ as being “seated at the right hand of God.” – Col.3:1.

Col. 2: 13 - 15 explain that Christians are made alive through faith, being released from the Law covenant. Paul’s argument, therefore, is that Christians do not need the Law (which was removed by means of Christ) or human philosophy and tradition.

WHY?
Because they have all they need, a precious “fullness” in Christ.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
truthislight: With the way i see things some peole will reward themself with everlasting life since they have the power to tell story that contradict the scriptures.

It is not a fact but falacy tha there are three gods.

Have any of those quoting 1John 5:7 ever made research to find out why Jesus never taught such?

Well, make research and u will find out that older manuscript dont have those passage but newer one have it, after the dead of the apostls and we know it is the handyworks of catholic monks. Toward 5th century ce.

Ok,

1. firstly, the bible at no place say that the holy spirit is a person. (otherwise show me)

2. Stephen look into heaven and saw Jesus sitting at the right hand of God (the holy spirit was missing. No referenc to it since it was not there, otherwise, oga holy spirit would have taken offence)

3. The word messiah or christ means annointed, did Jesus annoint himself?(anointing come from superior person to lower ones = Empower)

4. When Jesus died, are u saying there was no God in the univers for 3days?

5. Isaiah 9:6, a child is born and will be called mighty God. Jesus title is mighty God,
exodus 6:3 Yahweh(Jehovah) is refered to as almighty God.
Mighty and almighty is it the same? (people wickedness has made them in some translations to use Lord all through to loose this sense)

6. No man has seen God at anytime Jesus said, but we have seen Jesus (so u mean Jesus is a lier?)

7, if Jesus and his father are same, how come that he said, "that day and hour no one knows even the son"? Matt 24:36?

8. Read John 20:17. I "have not yet ascended to my father, ur God and my God"

8. Jesus prayed to his father, that things should take place according to the fathers will and not his own will (the night befor his death)

9. Jesus said that the father is greater then him.

10. The bible teach that Jesus will rule for a thousand years after wish he will hand over the kingdom to his father. (is he handing over the kingdom to himself)
etc, etc, etc

like i have said, some of u will have to reward urself, Jesus said he will dinied some people. Matt 6.21 to 23.
Due to lawlessness acts.
Peace

this whole thing from catholic has really couse people to believe imposibilities and mystries.

Do u people know who the god of Tamu is? If u dont know, find out.

The symbol of the god of Tamu = "T" has been taken by catholic = cross.

They mark this cross on their chest during prayer.

The three head of the "T" in Tamu = three(3) trinity the same nos of gods that this pagans had.

This pagans, who where they worshiping with this Tamu? God or satan?

So, when u transfer satans identities to christiandom u then think the almighty will accept them? Right?

Use ur head for ur life sake,
dont let all ur effort miss the almighties reward?
Peace
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
truthislight:

this whole thing from catholic has really couse people to believe imposibilities and mystries.

Do u people know who the god of Tamu is? If u dont know, find out.

The symbol of the god of Tamu = "T" has been taken by catholic = cross.

They mark this cross on their chest during prayer.

The three head of the "T" in Tamu = three(3) trinity the same nos of gods that this pagans had.

This pagans, who where they worshiping with this Tamu? God or satan?

So, when u transfer satans identities to christiandom u then think the almighty will accept them? Right?

Use ur head for ur life sake,
dont let all ur effort miss the almighties reward?
Peace

I am still waiting for the answer to my questions.

1. Did Jesus pre-exist before he came as a man to die for our sins

2. If yes, what was he before he came, meaning what was his office, for example was he Yahweh, an angel or
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
Obey Froebel.....Jesus pre existed as a spirit son of Yahweh.....firstborn son if u know what I mean.....what more do u wanna hear?that he was Yahweh himself b4 he now sent himself to d earth? Jesus himself told us d privileged position he enjoyed along side his FATHER(Yahweh).... John 17
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[b] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Do those words of Jesus answer ur question as to whom Jesus was b4 coming to d earth?

Jesus was sent ,and he came to do Yahwehs will not his own will...and there is Jesus praying to his God and Father to glorify him....

U might wanna read verse 3 with open eyes and mind.....Jesus there acknowledges who the only true God(Yahweh) is....and where he(Jesus) stands in this hierarchy......he was sent.....the one sent can't be the same with the one doing the sending ........

If u need eye glass I fit give u make u read am
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid: Obey Froebel.....Jesus pre existed as a spirit son of Yahweh.....firstborn son if u know what I mean.....what more do u wanna hear?that he was Yahweh b4 he now sent himself to d earth? Jesus himself told us d privileged position he enjoyed along side his FATHER(Yahweh).... John 17
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

1. There is nowhere in the bible where JESUS is referred to as the spirit son of GOD !
2. I am not sure why simple English is so hard for you, stop reading those JW books, read your bible.

3 points among many that prove Jesus's deity.

a. In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was GOD - John 1:1
b. Before Abraham I am - Jesus made this statement John 8:58
c. God referred to the SON as GOD - Hebrew 1:8-14

Are you telling me that the quoted verses are incorrect ?

I do not want Charles Taze Russell's interpretation of scripture, I want the Holy Spirit's interpretation.

Thanks.

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Do those words of Jesus answer ur question as to whom Jesus was b4 coming to d earth?

Jesus was sent ,and he came to do Yahwehs will not his own will...and there is Jesus praying to his God and Father to glorify him....

If u need eye glass I fit give u make u read am

How many times do I have to tell you that Christ took on the humble flesh nature of MAN for the sake of our salvation.

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." - Hebrews 2:9

But he was actually deity before his appearance - "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped," - Philippians 2:6

Read my quotes and comments and respond to them, no human logic allowed here , no JW interpretations by Charles Taze Russell !
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

What did Jesus Christ exist as before he came ??

And whatever answers you provide MUST be backed by a minimum of 2 verses each from the bible, not the JW bible, from a real Bible.

thanks

Jesus existed in the heaven as a spirit son of God (a spirit creature like other angels) before he came to the earth and while in heaven he was known as: “the Word”. John1:1

Since Yahweh is eternal and has no beginning (Psalms 90:2; Rev. 15:3), “the beginning” according to John1:1, 2 must here refer to the beginning of Yahweh’s creative works.

As the firs born of every creation, Col 1:15, “the Word” was present (“was with God”) when every other thing was created. – Gen.1:26; Proverbs 8:30

He was Yahweh’s craftsman or workman or master workman. - Proverbs 8:30 - JB, WEB, YLT, ASV. The son was the agent or instrumentality through whom Yahweh, the creator, worked. Col 1:16

WHY WAS JESUS CALLED “THE WORD”
The name (or title) “the Word” identifies the function that God’s firstborn son performed after other intelligent creatures were formed. A similar expression is found at Exodus 4:16, where Aaron served as “a mouth” for Moses. Similarly, Yahweh evidently used his son to convey information and instructions to other spirit sons, even as he used that son to deliver his message to humans on earth.

Showing that he was God’s “Word”, or Spokesman, Jesus said to his Jewish listeners: “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I speak from myself.” John 7:16, 17 (WEB); compare John 12:50; John 18:37.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 12:44am On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

1. There is nowhere in the bible where JESUS is referred to as the spirit son of GOD !
2. I am not sure why simple English is so hard for you, stop reading those JW books, read your bible.

I hope u knw that if u open a goodness bible a footnote is attached to that Hebrews 1:8 u quoted...
And it says ""God is thy throne""

Verse 9 of that Hebrews debunks what ever thinking u have....

It says""that is why God thy God has set u above ur companions""

It's surprising to still find out that the God mentioned in verse 8 has a God....

I have many times on this forum enlightened many as to the title "" Elohim""

In Hebrews which is a reference of psalms 45 if I am nt mistaken mentions 2 Elohims...

I knw u won't wanna agree that we have 2 true Gods...

So u gotta use ur senses to come out with a better exegesis,nt just running into conclusion that becos the Father called Jesus God,then that means Jesus is d Father...

This same Elohim is what the angels bear....even Moses was called a God by Yahweh....

Even we are elohims....

I have a research for u incase the word Elohim and Theo's has become so ambiguous for u tO understand

And that Hebrews referred to the fact that that God has a God....please read verse 9, which says that is why God thy God has anointed u......

Ur d one reading from ur brain....

If d psalmist called Jesus a God u as a bible student should know what it means....that verse in Hebrews was an extract from psalms 45....and those verses mentioned 2 elohims....one anointing and the other been anointed....u better use ur power of reasoning if not we'll have to conclude there are 2 Gods and not one.....

How many times have we treated d issue of the title ELOHIM as used for supernatural beings.....

Even goshen got d point clearly,I wonder why ur still reading Hebrews with a jejune mind.....

U read those verses from Hebrews with a myopic mind forget in that d next verses debunks ur theory....

Remember one Elohim anoints while the other Elohim is been anointed.....please decipher that out and stop blaming the Jehovah's witnesses....

If u have a goodnews bible the foot note below that Hebrews 1:7-9 it says """ God is thy throne""

I have. Research work for u

I do not want Charles Taze Russell's interpretation of scripture, I want the Holy Spirit's interpretation.

Thanks.

How many times do I have to tell you that Christ took on the humble flesh nature of MAN for the sake of our salvation.

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." - Hebrews 2:9

But he was actually deity before his appearance - "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped," - Philippians 2:6

Read my quotes and comments and respond to them, no human logic allowed here , no JW interpretations by Charles Taze Russell !
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 12:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. (NIV)

1. The English language makes a clear distinction between “God” and “god.”  Thus, in English Bibles, the heavenly Father is called “God,” while lesser divinities, people with God’s authority on earth and important people such as kings, are also called “god” (2 Cor. 4:4; John 10:34 and 35; Acts 12:22).  The Hebrew and Aramaic languages cannot make the distinction between “God” and “god.”  Since Hebrew and Aramaic have only capital letters, every use is “GOD.”  Furthermore, although the Greek language has both upper case and lower case letters as English does, the early Greek manuscripts did not blend them.  It was the style of writing at the time of the New Testament to make manuscripts in all capital letters, so the Greek manuscripts were, like the Hebrew text, all upper case script.  Scholars call these manuscripts “uncials,” and that style was popular until the early ninth century or so when a smaller script was developed for books. [1]

Since all texts were in upper case script, if we translated Genesis 1:1 and 2 as it appeared in the Hebrew manuscripts, it would read:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH NOW THE EARTH WAS FORMLESS AND EMPTY DARKNESS WAS OVER THE SURFACE OF THE DEEP AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD WAS HOVERING OVER THE WATERS.

Actually, Bible students should be aware that in both the early Hebrew and Greek manuscripts there were no spaces between the words, no punctuation marks, no chapters and no verses. The original texts of both the Old and New Testament were capital letters all run together, and it looked like this:

INTHEBEGINNINGGODCREATEDTHE
HEAVENSANDTHEEARTHNOWTHEEARTH
WASFORMLESSANDEMPTYDARKNESS
WASOVERTHESURFAEOFTHEDEEPAND
THESPIRITOFGODWASHOVERINGOVER
THEWATERS

Of course, the entire Bible was hand-printed exactly the same way, with every letter in upper case and no spaces between any words.  As you can imagine, that made reading very difficult, and so it was common to read aloud, even when reading to yourself, to make it easier.  That is why Philip the Evangelist could hear the Ethiopian eunuch reading the scroll of Isaiah (Acts 8:30). Such a text was hard to read and practically impossible to teach from.  Imagine not being able to say, “Turn to Chapter 5, verse 15.”  Therefore, divisions in the text began to appear quite early.  However, because scribes lived far apart and hand-copied manuscripts, the divisions in the various manuscripts were not uniform.  The first standardized divisions between verses came into being around 900 AD., and the modern chapter divisions were made in the 1200s.

It should now be very clear that there was just no way to distinguish between “God” and “god” in the early texts, and so it must always be determined from the context whether or not the word “GOD” is referring to the Father or to some lesser being.  Although it was usual that the presence of the definite article in the Greek text alerted the reader that the “GOD” being referred to was the Father, this was not always the case (see the note on John 10:33).  For example, in 2 Corinthians 4:4, the word “theos” has the definite article, but the verse is referring to the Devil.  Context is always the final judge of whether theos should be translated “God” or “god.”

2. The Semitic languages, and both the Latin and Greek spoken by the early Christians, used the word “God” with a broader meaning than we do today.  “God” was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities, including great people, rulers and people acting with God’s authority.  In John 10:33, when the Jews challenged Jesus and said he was claiming to be “a god” (mistranslated in most versions as “God”; see our note on that verse), he answered them by asking them if they had read in the Old Testament that people to whom the Word of God came were called “GODS” (and we use all caps here because the earliest texts did.  It is hard to escape the modern notion that “God” refers to the True God and “gods” referred to lesser deities).

Any study of the words for “God” in both Hebrew and Greek will show that they were applied to people as well as to God.  This is strange to English-speaking people because we use “God” in reference only to the true God, but both Hebrew and Greek used “God” of God, great men, other gods, angels and divine beings.  It is the context that determines whether “God” or a great person is being referred to.  This is actually a cause of occasional disagreement between translators, and they sometimes argue about whether “GOD” refers to God, the Father, or to a powerful person or representative of God.  One example of this occurs in Exodus 21:6, which instructs a master whose servant wishes to serve him for life to bring the servant “to Elohim.”  The KJV, the NIV and many others believe that the owner of the servant is supposed to bring the servant before the local authorities, and so they translate Elohim as “judges” (see also Ex. 22:8 and 9 for more examples).  Other translators felt that the master was required to bring the servant to God, so they translated Elohim as “God.”(e.g., NRSV)  Thus, the verse will read, “God” or “judges,” depending on the translation.

Hebrews 1:8 is like other verses in that just because the word “theos” (“GOD”) is used does not mean that it refers to the Father.  It could easily be referring to “god” in the biblical sense that great men are called “god.”  The Septuagint uses the word theos for God, but also for men in places like Psalm 82 where men represent God.  The context must be the determining factor in deciding what “GOD” refers to. In this case, in Hebrews that we are studying, the context is clear.  Throughout the entire context from Hebrews 1:1, Christ is seen to be lesser than God the Father.  Therefore, the use of “theos” here should be translated “god.”

3.  The context must determine whether Christ is being referred to as the Supreme Being or just a man with great authority, so it must be read carefully.  In this case, however, one need not read far to find that Christ, called “God,” himself has a “God.”  The very next verse, Hebrews 1:9, says, “therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions.”  Thus, Christ cannot be the supreme God, because the supreme God does not have a God.  Furthermore, Christ’s God “set” him above others and “anointed” him.  This makes it abundantly clear that the use of theos here in Hebrews is not referring to Christ being the supreme God, but rather a man with great authority under another God.  Andrews Norton writes:

Here the context proves that the word “God” does not denote the Supreme Being, but is used in an inferior sense.  This is admitted by some of the most respectable Trinitarian critics.  Thus, the Rev. Dr. Mayer remarks: “Here the Son is addressed by the title God: but the context shows that it is an official title which designates him as a king: he has a kingdom, a throne and a scepter; and in verse 9 he is compared with other kings, who are called his fellows; but God can have no fellows.  As the Son, therefore, he is classed with the kings of the earth, and his superiority over them consists in this, that he is anointed with the oil of gladness above them; inasmuch as their thrones are temporary, but his shall be everlasting.” [2]

4. The verse is a quotation from Psalm 45:6,7. The Jews read this verse for centuries and, knowing the flexibility of the word “God,” never concluded that the Messiah would somehow be part of a Triune God.

5. We must note that the verse in the Greek text can also be translated as, “Thy throne is God.”  However, because the verse is a reference from the Old Testament, and because we believe that God, the Father, is calling His Christ a “god” (i.e., one with divine authority), there is no need to translate the verse other than, “Thy throne, O god, is forever.”
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 1:03am On Jul 08, 2012
Froebel if u read that research work up there and still stick to ur childish exegesis of Hebrews 1:8&9 then I don't know what to do with u....

That research work is not from a witness site but from a well informed bible student...
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

We know why Jesus came to the earth in the flesh, which is not the issue presently, the questions are:
1. Was Jesus sent to the earth by someone else or he came on his own?
2. If he was sent, who was the sender that had such power and authority to send the “Almighty”?

You claim Jesus is the Almighty God and have quoted Hebrews 2:9 severally to substantiate your claim, now the questions are:
1. Who made Jesus lower than the angels for a little while?
2. When he became lower than the angels, was he still the ‘Almighty God’?
3. When he tasted death for everyone, who then served as the ‘Almighty God’ to everyone?
4. Who resurrected him from death?
5. Who crowned him with glory and honor as a reward for his humility, suffering and death?
6. In the expression, “by the grace of God,” who is that God?

I doubt you really understand this Philippians 2:6 that is often quoted and twisted by many as proof of trinity.
The context of the surrounding verses (3-5, 7-cool makes it clear how verse 6 is to be understood. Read them up and show how verse 6 proofs Jesus is the Almighty God.

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

Of course not.

But she was the mother of Jesus in human form, and while he was here on earth.
mary is not the mother of the trinity, she didnt give birth to d father or holy spirit, and even though Jesus existed before mary, mary gave birth to God incarnate, Jesus christ both God and man. She isnt the origin of the divinity, but when she did gave birth she didnt just born a fleshy Jesus, she gave birth to Jesus with both his body and soul and divinity. This is what catholics, orthodox and anglicans mean when they call mary 'mother of God'.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

Thanks.

Jesus was made lower than angels right??

Who made him lower than angels??

Please just read verse 9 of hebrews chapter 1....

U read all d way to verse 7$8 but ran away from verse 9....

Jehovahs witnesses as I know them read d bible all thru b4 they arrive @ a reasonable conclusion...

Even when they misunderstand scriptures they go back to make more researches rather than hold on to a doctrine blindly...

If Jesus is God and he(Jesus) has a God annointing him what do u want a witness to conclude??

Verse 9 in particular says Jesus who was reffered to as elohim was annointed by his God.....

Who is that God annointing Jesus??

""That is why God thy God or God your God has annointed thee""

Who is that God annointing Jesus??

Ur minds eyes has been blinded by ur reading too many online works by other researchers who support either d trinity or the modalism dogma......

Context as goshen has always told u should be d determining factor when this title ""ELOHIM"" is used...

If not u'll end up contradicting urself all d time....

I will want u to read that write up I put up there over and over again so that u can come back to ur sense and stop abusing the Jehovahs witnesses.....

To me they are d most sound christians I've ever seen.....

They are d most logical of all christians I've seen walk the surface of d earth after d 1st century christians......

They are firm in there beliefs.....
And resolute.....
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
@frosbel
U ask me to say what kind of person Jesus was befor coming to earth.
Men, i dont know u, but ur interest in this topic is not bad as long as u have a honest heart.
Meanwhile i dont know what drives ur interest.
I dont know if u own a church or u want to own a church. Cus i know that all those that want to register a church under NAN must accept trinity, cus it is the central doctrine of christiandom.

But seeing the beautiful work that has been done by some guys on this thread makes my job very easy.

Yet, Two scripture i wish u should have a closer look is: isaiah 9:6 = Jesus mighty God.
Then Exod 6:3 Yahweh = almighty God.
Mighty God is less than almighty God.
Worthy of note is what this other god is doing, blinding the mind of people. So, shine ur eye. 2cor 4:4
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
ijawkid: @frosbel......1 more question for u....

Is mary the mother of Yahweh and the holy spirit??

According to the doctrines of the Vatican, Mary is the mother of Yahweh and is equally the spouse of the Holy Spirit.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ubenedictus:

mary is not the mother of the trinity, she didnt give birth to d father or holy spirit, and even though Jesus existed before mary, mary gave birth to God incarnate, Jesus christ both God and man. She isnt the origin of the divinity, but when she did gave birth she didnt just born a fleshy Jesus, she gave birth to Jesus with both his body and soul and divinity. This is what catholics, orthodox and anglicans mean when they call mary 'mother of God'.

You say Mary is not the mother of the trinity but is she the mother of God? Remember that God is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, 3 distinct Persons in one. When the Word stepped out of eternity and came to earth through the vessel of Mary He came as a human being and not as God even though He pre existed as God.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 12:13am On Jul 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

According to the doctrines of the Vatican, Mary is the mother of Yahweh and is equally the spouse of the Holy Spirit.

Well, i can hardly say any reply to this.
From their teaching, it sounds so logical. Afterall, Jesus is the son.
How Trinity waters down the bible.

How people deviate from the bible sound teachings.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You say Mary is not the mother of the trinity but is she the mother of God? Remember that God is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, 3 distinct Persons in one. When the Word stepped out of eternity and came to earth through the vessel of Mary He came as a human being and not as God even though He pre existed as God.

oboy where have u been?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Jul 10, 2012
truthislight: @frosbel
U ask me to say what kind of person Jesus was befor coming to earth.
Men, i dont know u, but ur interest in this topic is not bad as long as u have a honest heart.
Meanwhile i dont know what drives ur interest.
I dont know if u own a church or u want to own a church. Cus i know that all those that want to register a church under NAN must accept trinity, cus it is the central doctrine of christiandom.

The bolded above should tell you that those who don't believe or reject the doctrine of the trinity are into false religion and not Christianity.

truthislight:
But seeing the beautiful work that has been done by some guys on this thread makes my job very easy.

Can you clearly point out what you call 'the beautiful work' because there are different opinions on this thread which doesnt make it 'very easy' for the truth seekers?

truthislight:

Yet, Two scripture i wish u should have a closer look is: isaiah 9:6 = Jesus mighty God.
Then Exod 6:3 Yahweh = almighty God.
Mighty God is less than almighty God.
Worthy of note is what this other god is doing, blinding the mind of people. So, shine ur eye. 2cor 4:4

What other god is blinding the minds of people, do you mean Jesus Christ? What if I show you from the holy Scriptures where Yahweh is said to be a mighty God, would you then change your opinion?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Jul 10, 2012
truthislight:

Well, i can hardly say any reply to this.
From their teaching, it sounds so logical. Afterall, Jesus is the son.
How Trinity waters down the bible.

How people deviate from the bible sound teachings.

What do you believe? Do you believe in the tri-une God or not?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Jul 10, 2012
ijawkid:

oboy where have u been?

I've been posting on other topics albeit, briefly because of time constraint.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30am On Jul 10, 2012
frosbel:

If you continue reading till verse 3 of the first chapter of the gospel of John you will see at least 2 Persons involved at the beginning.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 1:33am On Jul 10, 2012
@olaadegbu
Friend, ur question is given me the impression that u have not taken time to read my previouse post properly.
Meanwhile. The guys that have done a good job to the guestion frosbel was asking are
Ijawkid
Freksy
The other gods that is blinding the mind people is found at 2cor 4:4 = satan.

My stand is very clear from my previouse post. = Trinity is not a bible teaching.
thanks
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Jul 10, 2012
truthislight: @olaadegbu
Friend, ur question is given me the impression that u have not taken time to read my previouse post properly.
Meanwhile. The guys that have done a good job to the guestion frosbel was asking are
Ijawkid
Freksy
The other gods that is blinding the mind people is found at 2cor 4:4 = satan.

My stand is very clear from my previouse post. = Trinity is not a bible teaching.
thanks

I was excpecting you to challenge me to provide scriptural verses that proves that Yahweh is also said to be a mighty God. Let me quote some of these before you sweep it under the carpet.

Have you also considered the following verses of the holy Scriptures about who the mighty God is?

"But how his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob . . . " (Genesis 49:24).

"Until I find a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." (Psalm 132:5).

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).

Do you now see how these verses debunk your belief that Jesus Christ is a lesser God?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16am On Jul 10, 2012
frosbel:

I do not study diagrams, I study scripture.

The diagram is quite Pagan in design if I may add.

Besides, you have no answered my question.

God is Spirit, but you are saying the Holy Spirit is separate, right ? Does not make sense I am afraid. Read the bible again , this time with an unbiased mind.

Tradition does not equal fact my friend.

Since you refused to study the diagram can I refer you to Genesis 1:26, can you tell us the Personalities conversing in this verse?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness . . ."

And I remember that you haven't given me a feedback on Isaiah 48:16 to tell us who and how many Personalities was the speaker referring to? I haven't forgotten incase it escaped your attention. Let me post it here again:

"Come near to me, hear this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, has sent me"

Who is speaking here and who are the two other Personalities the speaker referred to?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07am On Jul 10, 2012
nedostic: @Olaadegbu,

Could you please juxtapose your statement on 'God being three personalities as one God'?I asked because God is a spirit.
More so, if you critically look at the bible, most of the baptisms as done by the disciples were in the name of Jesus Christ despite the fact that Jesus Christ instructed the disciples to baptize in the name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit.

Going through your post again I must apologise for not doing justice to your questions. Let us see the verse you referred to regarding water baptism that is done in the name of Jesus.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38).

What Peter was stressing here is the difference of the baptism of John the Baptist. Since JTB also preached repentance and remission of sins the difference here is the baptism done through repentance and faith in the finished work of Jesus on the cross, that is, identifying with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. It means this baptism is done after repentance and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins. Peter was not talking about the MO of how Water Baptism is to be carried out. Jesus told His disciples already that they should baptise in the single name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Notice that Jesus said in the name not names and this shows that God is One and yet with three Personalities of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

My take on this is that the bible was majorly written in allegory and we must not always interpret scriptures literally. More so, as children of God it pays to challenge the status quo in our present-day churches as this might have been erroneously passed on to these churches. The only way to go about this is to study the bible and ask for God's spirit for revelation of the undiluted word.

It is good to study the Bible like the Bereans but it will be suicidal to start off on the wrong foot by believing 'that the Bible is majorly written in allegory' This is a lie of the devil from the pit of hell that he used on our first parents to make them doubt, deny and disobey the Word of God. The Bible consists of historical records of the creation of God at the beginnig and this is not an allegory as the devil will want you to believe. The Bible is also written in poetry, proverbs and prophecy and you will need to understand the message as you will understand any other message in any book or literature it is used. There are also figures of speech which relays it's intended message if you read and understand it appropriately. There are many respectable bible helps that aid our study.

I agree with Frosbel, that God is one and not a triune as we were erroneously taught. It pleases God to manifest as a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three bear record in heaven as rightly put in the scriptures.

Let us see what you just quoted up there in 1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one"

The fact that we don't fully understand the whole concept of the trinity does not mean that we shouldn't believe and teach it. I for instance, the fact that I can't fully explain or describe the aroma of coffee to you doesnt' mean that it doesnt exist. I don't fully understand how many of my electronic gadgets work but that doesn't stop me from using them. It will be another kettle of fish if the person trying to understand how it works is an electrician or technician. As a Christian, if God says a thing in His Word that settles it for me as I know that the confirmation will follow afterwards.

nedostic:

This is an avenue to learn please.I have always believed that learning is the antidote to ignorance and getting it right at the next attempt.More so, the knowledge embedded in the word of God is limitless!Jesus Christ is Lord!

As we keep an open mind and continue to love and delight in His truth the Holy Spirit will guide us into the whole truth and teach us of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26am On Jul 10, 2012
frosbel: Okay , over the next few weeks, I will walk through your article and address each of the points starting NOW.

False.

The Bible teaches all through scripture that GOD is ONE.

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

Romans 3:30 [/b]since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

[b]1 Corinthians 8:4
So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is[u] no God but one.[/u]

Notice here, James and Paul mention ONE GOD , ONE, ONE not THREE , THREE.

How can 3 Persons = 1 Person

Not biblical at all.

Did you say how can 3 Persons = 1 Person? You could also ask how 3 Persons = 1 God. If you don't understand the Scriptures I quoted then let a simple and elementary maths solve it for you.

1 x 1 x 1 = 1. Is that mathematical? That a man and woman become one in holy matrimony, is that biblical?

Besides, by now you should have gone through the link I suggested which I believe, has addressed all your concerns you raised up there.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28am On Jul 10, 2012
frosbel:

I don't want comics , diagrams, or names of MOG , I need scripture.

My standard is the BIBLE not MEN.

Please address the points I raised.

What have you done with the Scriptures referenced?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30am On Jul 10, 2012
Image123:

you don't exactly have to stoop this low, taunting denominations.

I shudder to think he used to be a member of the church he is now denigrating. I wonder what happened to him.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36am On Jul 10, 2012
frosbel:

Okay , so there are 2 thrones in heaven , right ?

You are getting confused pal.

You asked for Scriptures and you got Scriptures, why are you still finding it difficult to answer simple questions based on Scriptures?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53am On Jul 10, 2012
Ubenedictus:

this is a big lie, if you want to know what catholic think about christ read the niceae creed. Hey u just cant tell me what i believe, i am the person who knows my faith not some protestant who cant make a reasonable arguement. i cant believe that your hatred for the catholic church has also blinded your reasoning capacity. Never ever has the catholic church said that mary was part of the trinity. You are a dispenser of lies, but what can i expect from a protestant who cant see past his hatred. Ola if you want to make a case provide one church document that say 'mary is the third person of the trinity', if you cant then it will just confirm that you are the liar i have started to know you to be. Please if you are a christian stop telling lies. as usual your anti catholic site cant understand simple english. 'spouse' is a metaphor used to describe the relationship mary had with the holyspirit, if you are a good christain you should have something like that relationship, execpt that you wont concieve by the spirit.

I had suggested a link that show your church document that says that Mary is the mother of God and the spouse of the holy Spirit, and I can repeat it here again incase you missed it.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/articles/rc126.htm
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I was excpecting you to challenge me to provide scriptural verses that proves that Yahweh is also said to be a mighty God. Let me quote some of these before you sweep it under the carpet.

Have you also considered the following verses of the holy Scriptures about who the mighty God is?

"But how his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob . . . " (Genesis 49:24).

"Until I find a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." (Psalm 132:5).

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).

Do you now see how these verses debunk your belief that Jesus Christ is a lesser God?

So, this scripture u have cited are describing the designation of the almighty?

So, if i should see the mother of the most beautiful girl in a country and hail saying
"here comes the mother of the beauty queen"
that means that the girl is no longer the most beautiful girl? Hmmm!
Sorry, the scriptures i cited are designations.
"He shall be called mighty God"
And "i appeared to ....as God almighty"

What u quoted was just saying that Jacob's God is a powerful God or that he has power and not designations.

My quote was One to Jehovah and the other to the son.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2012
truthislight:

So, this scripture u have cited are describing the designation of the almighty?

So, if i should see the mother of the most beautiful girl in a country and hail saying
"here comes the mother of the beauty queen"
that means that the girl is no longer the most beautiful girl? Hmmm!
Sorry, the scriptures i cited are designations.
"He shall be called mighty God"
And "i appeared to ....as God almighty"

What u quoted was just saying that Jacob's God is a powerful God or that he has power and not designations.

My quote was One to Jehovah and the other to the son.

What are you saying? Are you saying that the Scriptures I quoted does not apply to Yahweh? Jesus Christ, the Word of God and the Second Person in trinity is the Almighty God just as the Father is and that is why these distinct Persons in the Godhead is One. Read the suggested link below to see how Jesus Christ is Deity and for you to understand the doctrine of the trinity. It is only cults and false religions that object to this doctrine.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/is-jesus-god

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

As A Christian Have You Experience Miracle Personally Or Seen It Happen? / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.