Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (30592 Views)

Poll: Should I dump my girlfriend for lying about her age?

Yes: 16% (23 votes)
No: 83% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / How To Deal With Someone Who Lied About Sleeping With You / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by fakande(m): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2007
@ poster
The question u should ask urself is if realizing that she is actually 3 years older than you has affected your feelings for her in anyway. if it hasn't, please go on with your relationship and forgive her for hiding her age from you. 90% of women (even men these days) do that. Some will even go as far as saying it is not ladylike to reveal your age grin She may have started this relationship with you not quite sure of where it was going, fell in love with you along the line and got scared of losing you if she told you the truth and kept looking for the proverbial "right time" to tell you. If on the other hand you start developing negative feelings towards her because she is older than you, then you have justified her reason for hiding it from you in the first place. Look on the brighter side man, if you dated her for so long without noticing she was older, it means nature has been good to her. Let this be a secret between you both, nobody has to know. besides, age is nothing but a number. Take my advice man and be happy with your woman. i am speaking from experience wink wink wink
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by DoubleN(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2007
Well my advise is if you love her as you say, Forgive her and make-up.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by deor03(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2007
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by FactorChic(f): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2007
I don't see why guys make such a big issue about a lady's age, it's like 'out there' now, a lady enver tells her age grin, lol just kidding

Have u been TRUTHFUL to her tru d whole 2/3 yrs y'all have been together? answer that honestly, if not, u know d rest,
and it's just a number, u still have feelings fro her cos if u don't, u won't even waste ur time putting up dis post, u'll just forget about d whole thing,
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by juninho(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2007
@sagitarius
d strength in loving someone is to overcome challenges like d situation u painted. ask urself this question;are u sure u've never lied to ur babe on anything?
d answer to this question should tell u d decision to take.

if u however decide to dump her,just give her my number and the both of us will show u what true love is.my nos are 08069392164 and 08073318474.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by pitz(f): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2007
@juninho nice one
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Busta(f): 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2007
juninho:

@sagitarius
d strength in loving someone is to overcome challenges like d situation u painted. ask yourself this question;are u sure u've never lied to your babe on anything?
d answer to this question should tell u d decision to take.

very well said

juninho:

if u however decide to dump her,just give her my number and the both of us will show u what true love is.my nos are 08069392164 and 08073318474.

Seriously
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by juninho(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2007
@pitz
hi, can we meet.

@busta
where did u take d pictre in ur profile? d place looks and stinks like a red light district.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by olulu(m): 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2007
in as much as am totally for u to 4give and make up wit ur lady, i would advise u proceed wit caution. two year is a mighty lot of time to keep sum tin away from u.
maybe it might seem insignificant, u know , probably to get into u at d initial stage of d relationship, but to keep it 4  2 years. what else  is she keepin from u?
but hey, love conquers all, , or so they say cool
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Busta(f): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
juninho:

@busta
where did u take d pictre in your profile? d place looks and stinks like a red light district.

u would think so
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by juninho(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2007
hi busta,
i meant no harm.try taking another picture close to a church and watch my comments.you looked splendid though.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Busta(f): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2007
ok,

wat about now?
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by habibi777(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2007
busta
you time dont mind dem just be urself
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Busta(f): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2007
thanx hun!
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by sod4luv(m): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2007
U're alright Man @ david,
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by juninho(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
@busta
beautiful
call me on +2348069392164 and u'll keep calling back.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:55am On Oct 26, 2007
@sagitarius ,

If you feel, especially based on two whole years of lies, that you can't trust her anymore, please just dump the girl jeje. The chances that this issue will lead to further problems in the future is very high.

My advice: please dump the girl fast (but not like a hot potato grin).
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by onyekang1(f): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2007
@ davidylan
I totally agree with u,esp coming from a gentleman.

@ poster
gud to hear dat u guys are back 2gether. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by mrtunde(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2007
Saggy,
you know, the first step is to determine if you do not have any trouble accepting the fact that you are younger.
from what i've read, she definately does not have trouble accepting the situation.

If you come to the conclusion that you do not mind the age difference, then scold her a little while (which i assume you had done enough already) and move on.

i sense a lot of affection and passion in your writings. you love this girl, she obviously loves you too. That is more important than the sequencing of birth days.

however, you need to drive it home in no uncertain terms, that you will not accept any more lies or deliberate withholding of information. say all the nice things about how successful relationships are built on trust blah blah blah and move on.

I suspect you are a muslim, (sallah break and all). if you are, then you should probably know that you Prophet M'med (PBUH) first wife was older than him. That is a worthy example for you.

cheers
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by dellynash(f): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2007
hi gentleman please do give her a chance if i was in her shoes i would have lied about my age because of the love i have for you and for fear i may loose you if you know im older than you because some guys don't like to be younger than their girlfriends. she has apologised accept her back and don't think there could be other things she is hiding from you. good luck man i hope to hear you are back together again
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by U1(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2007
Though I'm kind of young,and not yet into all these stuffs,but I can make out that the lady is so much in love with you and fears losing you if she should tell you the truth.
Furthermore,I can see that you are still in love with her,so why not give her another chance. cool
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by BabaTony: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2007
well, if the girl is the is one you want to marry tommorow , its dangerous, if she really loved you there would not be anything to hideespeially as trivial as age,afterall it's just a number, if you really loved her, her age wouldn't bother you, but lying means tommorrow she could also lie again about some other thing that nmight be bad. maybe she is looking for somebody to just hold tight. it would advice ,Probe deeper they may be som other skeletonsin her 'big cupbord'. undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by dvonne(f): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2007
donot take her back asap,someone else will do that for you,
am sure u just answered someone's prayers,
Lose an opportunity and u lose it forever
many women few good women
very few wives, i laugh at you.BETTER ACT FAST
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by cebili: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2007
Go get dat gal back into ur arms nd 4get about her offence now(not later).

c, av xperienced such which is stil hurting me badly each time i rememba d incident. i believe her to be a virgin until dat fateful evenin when she started cryin nd pleading dat i shld 4give her and she narrated to me au she was deflowered by her former boifrnd. i was mad because each time we r 2geda she doesnt let mi into her cept <romaroma>.

lets hold it here, wot wuld u av done if u were in my shoes?
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by juninho(m): 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2007
hi busta
i saw u re online now and decided to halla u
whatz up?
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by habibi777(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2007
am sure she lied to protect her love for you,you just try and talk to her and ask her why , you will see am rite
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by djcrucifix(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2007
thats not an excuse for wanting to dump her, or have you been thinking about doing that for a while and now decided to use the age issue as a media for doing that?(just curious),
if you love her (as you claim to do), then you should sit down with her and iron out the issue, afterall relationships are not all about hugs and kisses, just as someone said earlier maybe she feels insecure bout her age(it happens you know), so you should accept her apology and talk to her, who knows, she might tell you some other stuffs bout her that you do not know smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by ChiefS(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
I had similar experience in my own case though today we are happily married.I thought she was 5-6 years younger but the age she gave me was 3 years younger.But one day to my surprise she came to me and told me the whole truth.She ended being a year older than me.I couldn't believe my ears.It was a painful experience.I could not hold my tears.After some days it was resolved and today we are happily married."Love endures all things".

Myu advise to you is that if you love her and you are sure she is good for marriage then continue the relationship but don't prolong your courtship.Because the earlier you start the better
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by knzguru(m): 2:40am On Oct 27, 2007
Dude we all understand that people lie for various reasons, and as one poster pointed out, she might have just been insecure.

the only issue here is how do u know if there are other things she's lied about.think u both should sit down hav a long chat.

so here's to starting all over. who knows the truth may even bring u two closer. cheers
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by rhemmy(m): 6:06am On Oct 27, 2007
Hi,
if u'v bn lookn 4a good opportunity to break up with her, then uv gotten urslf one here. See thinkn of breakn up is a thing of d mind, the fire to do so starts frm d inner u, i bet u must av seen other pretty girls in Abuja and u wish u av good reasons for ending your relationship wth her. We guys all do it at a point in time, cus we are afraid of bn stuck in marriage, and want to make the most beautiful of choice. No 100% best choice before marriage, it is after marriage, she becomes your best choice.

Age is nothing but numbers, u might even end up looking older than her in the future. I will not make that choice of dumpin her for you, if you think it's a good reason before u end up saying "I DO" on the altar, then go ahead and kick the ass.

But man, u can not have it all. Just follow ur heart anyway, !
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by naijadiva2(f): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2007
i would understand if she lied about something serious, but age, that's crazy. maybe she really liked you and didn't want the age to decide whether you wanted her or not.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by spoilt(f): 2:00am On Oct 28, 2007
three years is nothing. why are we even making an issue of this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Pre-wedding Shots Of A Nairalander's Sister / Man Gifts Wife 2018 Lexus RX Sport 350 To Celebrate Birthday - Pictures / 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.