Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (100404 Views)

5 Little Things That Make Him Lose Interest In You. / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / 6 Reasons Nice Guys Lose Out On The Hot Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by ibrahiem(m): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2008
cus u submitted very cheaply.guys like challenge from da opposite sex grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by henryone(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2008
Gal thot is always that guys ve credit to call, they always flash hoping 4 the guy to call.some times no money, some times busy all day, some need attention from them but they will still not call, some times ve alot of business partner to call.cheers to them.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
Good! Right men come from right women. Try to give birth to good men for you to marry good husbandsor date good guys. Mr Right still dey in vogue for women?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by muyioye(m): 8:49am On Mar 13, 2008
This is just simple. Men or guyz will step back because the girls could not meet their expectation.
Most times, they throw all their wahala on you becos they have seen a money bag. And by the time the man discovered these. He step back.

Again, It is not a one way thing, when he is going down, you move up. Do the calling. It is now your turn, afterall, it takes two to tango. Since you said yes, start showing your own side too.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by monsho(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2008
If you are the decent type, no guy in his right senses will ever get tired of you!
Everylady makes her kind of man act as gentle as expected of a REAL MAN - You started getting it wrong the day you bend your principle i.e If you have said an emphatic "NO!" at the earlier stage, why saying "YES!" later, It shows that you do not really know what you want in your kind of man!
For every step you take in life, there is a price to pay! May be you are just reaping what you have unconsciously*******.
No time is too late for a change i.e Search your heart and sin no more!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by A2b(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2008
Go back 2 the drawing board,my advice 4 u is that this things happen often, its natural 4real.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by jintujinta(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2008
Hmm, after conquest, what is next? No be to reign? grin

Anyway, when a lady accepts your offer, it means you people are already dating. Since it takes two to tango, it is expected that the lady too should start calling, visiting, sending text, etc to show she is interested in the new relationship. All these automatically reduce the frequency of the guy's call, text, etc but that does not in any way reduces his care or interest in the babe.

But you kno when a king is reigning, everyone looks up to him. grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by oyemaiya(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2008
Everyone very correct, the truth still remains that the make up of a male is far different from that of a female. A man is created to chase something, he is always on the move, he meets one target he is out again to achieve another, no wonder when the serpent came in the bible after an help meet had been found for Adam, Eve was all alone to face the deceit & she fell, Ladies dont turn yourself to be another burden, man is not a baby sitter nor totally an indoor person, he is always seeking for something new Acts 17:27. Love you all.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by bqueen: 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2008
in everything, i will say alll nid God's fear and sincere love aldou it has to be all way round
but the guys dont really love sincerely d way the ladies do , the monet u allow them in ur life,,,, within a twinkle of an eyen they re done with u the oda story is u doing thr calling, text, kiping appointment, praying and all d stuf . you later got it that he has anoda\ lady out there ,,,,,,our men nids God's fear
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by osegwu(m): 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2008
The most annoying thing is that they will call you to send them recharge card,

and when you send the Recharge card they will just send some flashing your

way for acknowledgement of receipt of the Recharge Card.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by CrazyMan(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2008
Because they don’t find the girl attractive anymore.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by christiely: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2008
na2day?,
WHATEVER. Since u didnt get d point,imma break it down,i meant-some guys are just stupid,not coz of anytyn girls do,just coz of dier stupdity,get it?abt d demonic part,my bad,lol.it was 4 a personal reason
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by christiely: 8:16pm On Mar 13, 2008
4him,
i shudn't hv mentioned dat london part,huh?i was tryin 2 lay empahsis on hw some nigerian guys in london think dey r all that.guys,dont chew me,i said some,not all.n e ways,i stay in cayman islands.believe it or not, some guys are still intimidated,thats the jerky thing about dem.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by christiely: 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2008
na2day?,
WHATEVER. Since u didnt get d point,I'm going to break it down,i meant-some guys are just stupid,not because of anytyn girls do,just because of dier stupdity,get it?about d demonic part,my bad,lol.it was 4 a personal reason
[quote][/quote]
stupid as in- lose interst
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Busta(f): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
@poster,

cause the game is over.
There is bound to be 1 loser, 1 winner, 2 winners or 2 losers.

finito!!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by kebab(f): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
hmmm, very interesting comments indeed,

u've been dating a guy on and off for like 5 years. in your 4th year, he travels abroad and u guys break up for some silly reason. he comes back to the country in your 5th year and wants to get back again, meanwhile, u have moved on and started dating someone else, he keeps on pestering you and after much resistance, you finally agree, break up with the other guy, convinced that he is really serious about u. , everything is all chummy, sweetness and cream, he goes on and on about how he wants to get married to u and asks u at every opportunity if u have made up ur mind about marrying him too, so u think, he's all yours, until mother luck shines on him and he gets a better paying job, moves away to stay somewhere closer to work, and then suddenly things change, u wonder why and ask him and he tells u its just pressure of work and all dat, u take his word for it and continue being your usual loving self, however, u r also working so u dont really have that much time too and well, it was much easier getting to see each other when u were both staying in the same area, so maybe u dont see for like two weeks, n then weeks becomes months, u try to make moves so that you can see but he keeps bluffing, saying he's busy at work or has to travel or has one engagement on the other, generally making excuses, u call, he wont pick up his calls or return ur call especially during the weekend, u text, he wont reply or acknowledge, u make plans to see, he wont just show up n wont even have the decency to tell u he wont be able to make it, u call him up and tell him you arent happy with his behaviour, he tells u he has no comment, u eventually give up and conclude he's no longer interested but doesnt know how to tell u, so u leave him to his own devices and dont call for like a week, he then says that u r acting like u r just platonic friends, n wats wrong with u, well, u eventually talk things out n make up but two days later, its back to d same old thing, wat on heart is a girl supposed to do
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Busta(f): 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2008
@kebab,
don't call him nor don't acknowledge his calls
i don't know how u claim to love a girl or wanna marry her
yet u don't call to check on her or tell her sweet nothing.

beats me! undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by na2day2(m): 12:33am On Mar 14, 2008
very simple, "sweet nothing" cost too much grin grin grin

Busta:

i don't know how u claim to love a girl or want to marry her
yet u don't call to check on her or tell her sweet nothing.

beats me! undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by tomiwizzle(m): 1:20am On Mar 14, 2008
hey shawdies, shawdies, shawdies, no fuss about this whole thing. it's just a simple illustration. when a bird or butterfly is looking for nectar it searches out the most beautiful flower but after it get's what it wants it flies off. that is how it is. always money over biatches. cool
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Roughlen(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
Read the story of the prodigal son in the bible and therein you'll find the answer cool.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Johnne(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2008
I guess it is a natural thing.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by RuuDie(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2008
U played urself that way!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by estherb: 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2008
hey guys its no need to fight over these but the only thing i will say is ,that its happen to both side and its simply because the love is dying.
then its start to happen like this.
this thing happen everyday and even to every one here
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by xreal2(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2008
GUYS LOVE CHALLENGES THATS JUST THE FACT IF U WANT A GUY TO KEEP
COMING BACK U HAVE TO GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO ALWAYS FIGTH FOR!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
you are so uncooked,you this boy.
You nauseate me
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by dontedre(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ his grace

You are raw dude
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2008
with a name like his grace,he's sure a disgrace.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by obotutu(f): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2008
Thats because guyz aresssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh, tttttttttttttt!
forgive me brothers but some of you
really do ssssssssssss, u, k.!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by everchris(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2008
Several factors could be responsilbe. But in most cases it is because the girl doesnt return his calls and text messeges. Any guy would natuaraly loose interest no matter how much he loves the girl in question. It should be a 50-50 thing and not one sided.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by missphil(f): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hi guys, my situation is pretty much like the other ladies on Nairaland - met a lovely Igbo guy, fell in love, I didn't do the whole "shakara" thing and everything was beautiful for about three months until he started to change.  He claimed that he was going through some difficulties so I initially took his word for it although due to past experiences where I have been hurt I was a little afraid that this may just have been an excuse.  I still kept calling because I didn't want him to think I was simply going to abandon him because he was having problems.  He insisted that he still loved and wanted to marry me but he needed to "sort some things out" and wanted to make sure everything would be in place for a marriage between us.  Anyway, things eventually ground to a halt the day after Valentine's day.  We had a great conversation, spoke about marriage and me visiting him in Nigeria (I'm in London - he's in Lagos) and then, NOTHING.  No calls, no texts, no e-mails.  I decided to back off to see if he would intiate calls but so far I have had no response.  I haven't been calling because I have some pride! smiley I have come to the conclusion (I have no choice I think) that it is clearly OVER but tell me, is this a common thing that Nigerian guys do?  I have NEVER been in this position before. If things are not working out I have always been taught to be up front and straightforward. Men I have dealt with in the past have pretty much always shown me that level of respect so his behaviour baffles me (he is the second Nigerian guy I have dated). I would have thought (and expected) that he would at least advise me that it is over or tell me what the real problem is.  I asked so many times in the past if he wanted to cool down on things or if he simply wasn't feeling me any longer - he said NO.  I asked if he needed space, but he insisted that was not the issue.  He is adamant that he will come to London on his own terms (think he was denied his visa earlier this year) and refuses to ask my help (which I initially admired) because he doesn't want my friends or family thinking he is using me for immigration.  He just said that I should wait for him here in London (but wouldn't I be foolish to do that?). I have said so many times that all that matters is what I think and not anyone else - if I agree to marry him and him acquiring his UK citizenship is a product of that, so be it.  To be fair, things cooled down after our plans for him to come to London did not work out (like I said before I think he visa was actually declined). I know this might sound so naive so please forgive me but could there be any GENUINE explanation for his behaviour?  What if after months of non-contact, I move on and he comes back into my life and says I should have waited for him?  I am a young professional in London with my own home and he is a thriving businessman in Lagos - we are in my view well matched.  I am seriously confused.  It all started well and the answer seems obvious except my intuition tells me there is more to the story.  ps:  I know he is not married or seeing anyone in Lagos and I speak to his Sister fairly regularly although she has not been able to shed much light on the situation (she thinks if he doesn't want me he would let me know).  I know I have written an eyeful but would really appreciate nairalanders' views.  Thanks!!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by missphil(f): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2008
One thing I forgot to add which may (or may not) be relevant is that there is certain level of financial disparity between us.  I own my home and am completely financially independent and am a qualified professional.  He has a business in Lagos but he has advised me that things have been dificult and business is not doing so well.  This has been independently verified by his Sister and other things I have discovered - so I am satisfied he is not feeding me a line about that.  Although we did have a lovely holiday together in Europe where he completely looked after me (and paid for everything), I wonder whether his principles prevent him from "stepping" to me and finalising marriage plans unless/until he is fully established? Is this dictated by culture/tribe to any extent? We had a "make or break" conversation in January 2008 where he told me the issue was not his love for me but the "plan", which came down to him and I having a viable future together.  So what I am wondering is whether this is a plausible explanation or just an excuse?  But why wouldn't he just tell me the truth? Perhaps I could assist.  BTW, although I know he does not have his own home in Lagos, he has NEVER asked me for money or assistance in any way.  Principled and proud or just plain disinterested??  Again, Nairalanders, I value your time in reading my lengthy posts and offering any advice or guidance which might give me some insight into my situation.  Peace.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
missphil, you intimidate this guy. You have everything going for you, he's still struggling to find his feet . . . the typical igbo man isnt comfortable in such a situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Groom Takes Off Bride’s Pant, Throws It Into The Crowd At Their Wedding (Video) / This Lady Was Dumped On Her Honeymoon After Hubby Saw Her Without Make-up (pics) / I Can’t Count Number Of Men That Slept With Me, 17-yr Impregnated Student (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.