Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (100402 Views)

5 Little Things That Make Him Lose Interest In You. / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / 6 Reasons Nice Guys Lose Out On The Hot Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by henry007(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2008
wat did i miss
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by maxxdjinx(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2008
can't understand why calls and text messages are now the parameters for judging the status of relationships. question is hw did our parents survive it all without cell phones et al? where did this addictive habit come from-like calls and sms are now hard drugs or something. angry
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by djcrucifix(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2008
i guess it has to do with the mind, when you want something,especially a girl, u wnt want to look at her faults untll u ve gotten to know her well and another factor i think is responsible or this is when a guy gets ''the stuff'' from her then he automatically ''switches lane''
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Elgaxton(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2008
selfishness from both sides finito! especially from the GUYS Smiley

You know that's not true; is from the ladies cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by venice(f): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2008
I agree with Uchetobi, she's right, we women tend to be comfortable in the relationship, and forget about making ourselves beautiful, he looses interest and you blame him, try to look your best, don't expect him to do everything all the time, we were fighting for gender equality, now we have it, so lets practice it.

Go women Power Go
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by ayinbaba: 11:19am On Mar 11, 2008
d call situatn is eitherway, it:s either he got tired 1st, or she got tired 1st. wot haooened 2 me was dat my income dropped and i could"nt afford d luxury of loading my phone as b4, it sent wrong signal 2 ha, all my explanatn turned on deaf ear, i stopped trying 2 explain and concentrated on gettn my purse heavy again. now if she will contribute 2 dis topic, she will say i lost interest in ha because i have [DEBEE] which is quite wrong.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by goddsson: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2008
Ladies must learn to make every moment with a guy count. Saying yes isn't enough. You've got to make a guy go crazy by merely thinking of you. Then u'll keep receiving your calls non stop. Go find out the password of your guy, and make things happen.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by delegiwa(m): 11:40am On Mar 11, 2008
Why are the guys afraid to say the truth? Is not very simple? That guy that gave the Yankari Game reserve example was spot on. That is just the truth.

@Nwando, I've read every single post on this thread, and I think you are very objective even when it does not favor you. That is not a compliment anyways, it's just the simple truth.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by omoyi(m): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
like someone said its not rocket science basically cos u ladies make we guys feel we av to actuali be at our best b4 saying yes and i guess u cant av more than the best and law of diminishing returns begins to set in immediately the friendship kickstart.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by fapohunda(m): 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2008
Seun,
thanks for bringing every one of us together, although have been away for some time now but am back by the special grace of God. Guys lose interest in relationships after chasing a girl cos, the first time you meet a lady you will have that special interest in her. by the you go to her again she will be tell you that she has already have her own guy, she will want you to come like 10times before she agree, but guys dont have that time to waste is either she says yea or she leave.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by fapohunda(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2008
rdj
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by suzwriter(f): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2008
I believe we can sit here all day and try to speculate who to blame, but the fact remains that the guy just wasnt right for you.if u find the guy that loves you and you love him back, he doesnt loose interest dont matter how boring you are.(and this goes to all of us both guys and gals). THIS QUESTION used to baffle me too until i decided no matter how hard you try if "he aint right for you then he aint"

Some gals play hard to get,yes but how about the ones that dont.
some gals dont return calls and some do etc
the loss of interest thing happens to us all.
Except the really lucky ones.

Quit trying to figure,just be yourself and pray to God.
But most importantly,if you were to agree to date a guy,do it with fear of God.

NO ONE is to blame not the guys and definately not the girls.
Shit Happens!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Lifeboy2(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2008
na wah for dat guy na womanisa him bi i think we should invite EFCC for dis guy, after westing our national economic and weasting of public fund he should be arrested for
5 times a day sending of SMS like 6 times aday Rubish[b][/b].

In the real sense, ture love should be played by both parties, too much calls does not worth it., If they is a real love money can't be a barrier, the babe will happi seening the guy and the guy like wise, pls for the benefit of others any love that started with much call will soon break up after the guy or girl has gotten what he or she was looking for.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2008
Sweetie. You say that men do the calling and thjey shud continue. You are being selfish here. You never mentioned how many times u call back. Dont u know that u also have the power to ssustain the relationship if u want to? Every reasonable man would loose interest in such relationship
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by sam15(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2008
It is very unfortunate that most ladies do not really appreciate what guys went through to have them. Guys will always lose interest as long as the lady in question shows unpatrotic attitude. Imagine ,you have shown her that you are dead serious(to marry her) and there 's nothing on earth that you can give her. Despite all these ,she is unconcerned.She calls and even send sms to others Guys in presence.
Even if you are a Romeo,seeing all these you will lose interest irrespective of any amount you have spent on or for her.
Infact , I don't need to sleep with  a lady if i really care for her. Of a truth, I will hate you if I do.
So most of the problem in any relationship emanated form ladies.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by BTT(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
Simple.

The thrill of the kill is in the chase.

Two.
Men are simply built as hunters.

Have you ever wondered why men don't use thier guns on goats and cows but will waste nights in the forest chasing ordinary rabbits?

. . . Because the goat and the cow are already conquered by man.

Indeed, the thrill of the kill is in the grill of the chase!

Gbam
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by kachiside: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2008
[color=#000099]na wah, all this talk about guys and ladies losing interest after doing it and the guy moving on to another girl,have we forgotten about the great AIDS or about ABSTIENANCE.

So please our Ladies hold seriously to your thing, let them beg for it, if they want it that bad, they should go for marriage even they are riding Bicycle or Tricycle. ha ha ha.

so that they can cherish what they have.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by hatbreaker: 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2008
smileyhmmm, wot better person to respond to such a question than hatbreaker,

i think it all depends on ones expectations at the beginning of a relationship,
at the beginning of a chase a guy may have good intentions,but if the chase gets too long,he may well jus wanna get back for the stress she put him through.and depending on his 'good' intentions which most times are bad, u in for it girl, but if he dosent call as much as he used to, theres hope, kindle the fire'' but if he stops calling, girl , move on!!! shocked, he's just not that into you no more!!

try read cathy freston's book, THE ONE smiley

ta ta
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Scopium: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2008
[size=13pt]Tell me how do you feel after doing a 1000 meter chase race? EXHAUSTED or ENERGIZED? It's simple math you are bound to get exhausted especially when there's no more glucose for you.[/size]
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by coolgyrl: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2008
Girl!, you would probably find out that girls become a fish bone once they have said yes.
They believe that just by saying yes means they have a right to the guy's emotions, thoughts, time, money and energy.
If a guy begin to loose interest, check yourself, what are you doing now that you were not doing then!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by mekoyo(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2008
Nice one there.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dalby(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2008
coolgyrl:

check yourself, what are you doing now that you were not doing then!!!

she was saying NO initially, now she has said YES!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by ayinbaba: 10:11am On Mar 12, 2008
Chinrawe gbamm, sam15 has hit d nail on d medular holding my obloganta,
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by sam15(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2008
It is very unfortunate that most ladies do not really appreciate what guys went through to have them. Guys will always lose interest as long as the lady in question shows unpatrotic attitude. Imagine ,you have shown her that you are dead serious(to marry her) and there 's nothing on earth that you can't give her. Despite all these ,she is unconcerned.She calls and even send sms to others Guys in your presence.
Even if you are a Romeo,seeing all these you will lose interest irrespective of any amount you have spent on or for her.
Infact , I don't need to sleep with a lady if i really care for her. Of a truth, I will hate you if I do except if i really love her.
So most of the problem in any relationship emanated from ladies.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by snazzydawn(f): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2008
;d
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by tonix2(m): 10:49am On Mar 12, 2008
I am personally very guilty of this accusation of taking the back foot after the girl u have chased for so long a time finally agrees.
well at least am honest to admit it,
i still don't know the reason why its like that undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by MojiEsther(f): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2008
For him, its like he has just conquered, like one down many more to go. Or he's probably gotten what he wants grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by anietie01: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2008
;DWell if you ask me i will say that ladies are impossible. It takes a lot of tolerance to cope with a lady especially after the first 6 months like you rightly said. It is at this time that they start feeling comfortable enough with you to show you what they are really made of lipsrsealed. Now before you start blaming it on the guys, check to see if your attitude towards the guy today was the same six months ago, and if at all when he used to call you six times a day, how many times you returned the call.
On the other hand, it does not make sense calling a person five, six times a day because you soon run out of gist and start boring yourselves out. so probably the guy is bored out. Give him time, he is probably trying out another new girl and if you feel you had done the best with him and no one can out do you, no problem he will be back. If Not embarassed i will advice you put a vacancy post out front cos you are probably out of a relationship for good.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by anietie01: 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2008
Well I forgot to add, you are interested in finding another guy who will call six times a day or to meet old friends and seek for new ones; or if you are a guy and you need a woman you dont have to spend your future calling six times a day, or one you are sure you will not lose interest in after six months cos she is sure to possess all the quality you will specify'; the click here to visit exood. It is purely Nigerian and in line with our culture of free things, it is free.
So find you soulmate online here. http://www.exood.com/thatfriend/index.php
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by PstEmeka(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2008
I am a victim of the initial post. The lady i proposed to and she accepted my proposal, is now telling me that she did that out of pity. Can you believe that. I call her most times. She finds it difficult to reture my calls. Her only contribution to the relationship is when she is in need of money. Friends, the annoying part of the whole episode is that everytime she sets her eyes on, she demands money. 'Honey I need money'. My problem is that I have fallen in love with her. I cannot do without her.

A friend of mine advised me to stop calling her. I did that yesterday and for the first time in the relationship, I saw her 6 missed calls. I think I am becoming stronger now. I have decided to move on now without her knowing fully well that the path of the just is like a shining light that shines more as the day approaches.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by na2day2(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2008
sorry to hear abt ur situation. i dont knw the dating sch u went to but the first law of dating is smelling a gold digger 10 miles away, that will include 80% of nigerian babes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

PstEmeka:

I am a victim of the initial post. The lady i proposed to and she accepted my proposal, is now telling me that she did that out of pity. Can you believe that. I call her most times. She finds it difficult to reture my calls. Her only contribution to the relationship is when she is in need of money. Friends, the annoying part of the whole episode is that everytime she sets her eyes on, she demands money. 'Honey I need money'. My problem is that I have fallen in love with her. I cannot do without her.

A friend of mine advised me to stop calling her. I did that yesterday and for the first time in the relationship, I saw her 6 missed calls. I think I am becoming stronger now. I have decided to move on now without her knowing fully well that the path of the just is like a shining light that shines more as the day approaches.

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by vincey(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
SALVAGE

Seun summed it all up.

The whole "playing hard to get" scheme has been elevated over and above a sincere, conscious and serious consideration of the person asking you out.

If a lady is not interested in a guy or starting a relationship, she should tell him in no uncertain terms and mean it.

Its really a put-off after all the rigmarole, for the guy to realise that all he was wasting his time on was not what he wanted.

If you, on the other hand, are interested, then by all means , appear to be. The whole playing hard to get thing isn't in vogue anymore.

People don't have enough time in a day to waste anymore.

Besides, like someone already pointed out, why would a guy call you so many times in a day and send various and diverse sms messages without a real acknowledgment from the recipient ?

The missed calls issue may just be coming too late. After the guy had decided to move on .

U have said it all, this is the real thing. Girls, keep ur attitude up, U guys know that ur population is much more than that of the opposit sex, okay ooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Groom Takes Off Bride’s Pant, Throws It Into The Crowd At Their Wedding (Video) / I Can’t Count Number Of Men That Slept With Me, 17-yr Impregnated Student (pics) / This Lady Was Dumped On Her Honeymoon After Hubby Saw Her Without Make-up (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.