Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (23442 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / Plaetton's Pantheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
You have it backwards there, easyG. Atlantis and Lemuria were far older than Egypt, therefore, the atlanteans brought the pyramids building know how to Egypt and not the other way around.
Besides, why is it so hard to believe that beings from other parts of the solar system or the galaxy or the universe ever visited earth`Afterall, we visited the moon and send probes to Mars and we're probably not even as advanced as these other beings are.
EasyG:

There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that humans do not exist alone in this universe, but I do not believe any aliens visited Earth in the past. I think the ancient civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria had survivors who interacted with the more backward civilizations in those days, teaching the Egyptians scientific methods that enabled them build the pyramids, and naturally they were regarded as gods by the more primitive civilizations.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Its very possible that we aren't alone in the universe, personally i believe there is intelligent life out there, recently scientist have started discovering earth like planets in habitable zone of our galaxy. To suggest that we were visited in the past by aliens is ludicrous. . .So aliens came and help build the pyramids and other ancient monuments, eh? Ridiculous. . . .I agree completely with Martin. . .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
Haven't you just contradicted yourself there, mazaye? Firstly, you believe that it is possible that intelligent life are out there, then you think it ludicrous that we have been visited by aliens(who are also intelligent beings, btw). You don't know which way to swing, do you?
If the possibility of intelligent life is out there, then it makes it just as plausible that this planet may not only have been visited, but was probably terra-formed to produce the vast array of life forms we see around us today long before that.
mazaje:

Its very possible that we aren't alone in the universe, personally i believe there is intelligent life out there, recently scientist have started discovering earth like planets in habitable zone of our galaxy. To suggest that we were visited in the past by aliens is ludicrous. . .So aliens came and help build the pyramids and other ancient monuments, eh? Ridiculous. . . .I agree completely with Martin. . . 
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
Jenwitemi:

You have it backwards there, easyG. Atlantis and Lemuria were far older than Egypt, therefore, the atlanteans brought the pyramids building know how to Egypt and not the other way around.
Atlantis.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6lGI1bOkw

[b]Lemuria ( /lɨˈmjʊəriə/)[1] is the name of a hypothetical "lost land" variously located in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. The concept's 19th century origins lie in attempts to account for discontinuities in biogeography; however, the concept of Lemuria has been rendered obsolete by modern theories of plate tectonics. Although sunken continents do exist – like Zealandia in the Pacific and the Kerguelen Plateau in the Indian Ocean – there is no known geological formation under the Indian or Pacific Oceans that corresponds to the hypothetical Lemuria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)
Though Lemuria is no longer considered a valid scientific hypothesis, it has been adopted by writers involved in the occult, as well as some Tamil writers of India

The Lemuria theory disappeared completely from conventional scientific consideration after the theories of plate tectonics and continental drift were accepted by the larger scientific community. According to the theory of plate tectonics (now the only accepted paradigm in geology), Madagascar and India were indeed once part of the same landmass (thus accounting for geological resemblances), but plate movement caused India to break away millions of years ago, and move to its present location. The original landmass broke apart – it did not sink beneath sea level.

If this continent were to exist, Australia would have to be sideways while attached to half of Antarctica and Madagascar. Sri Lanka would also be attached to Australia while India would need to have drifted more from its current position it is in today. For Australia to be in its current position, the polar shift theory of a northern boundary in the east would have to be put into effect. The continent would have had to be in the Pacific before it detached from India for it to be in the position it is now. The plate movement would have had to had stretched and contracted from all directions into one new continent for its shape to occur. There would be a river in between the two continents and it would extend eastward to a larger, now submerged portion of the hypothetical and now discredited continent known as Mu.[/b]
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by InesQor(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2012
I doubt that human intelligence has increased over the millenia. Probably humans have become more daring, and actions, discoveries and inventions that would have been shrouded in occultic superstition are now being explored without restraint.

I don't put it past mankind to have built powerful machines in the past. The brilliant nations could have been more peaceful people who were invaded by some barbaric nations that would have destroyed their machinery, sacred inventions, universities and research centers. Maybe even murdered their priests (scientists).

All conjecture, of course.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
Jenwitemi:

If the possibility of intelligent life is out there, then it makes it just as plausible that this planet may not only have been visited, but was probably terra-formed to produce the vast array of life forms we see around us today long before that.

Can you explain terra forming and how it was probably accomplished?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
Forget Jenwitdem and his alien wahala. . . .Aliens helped build the pyramids and other ancient monuments, eh?. . .Interesting. . .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by plaetton: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
mazaje:

Forget Jenwitdem and his alien wahala. . . .Aliens helped build the pyramids and other ancient monuments, eh?. . .Interesting. . .
The question is why do you find it so implausible? Afterall, if we had found the moon habitable and had found primitive species living on the moon, would we not have colonized them , civilize them and build structures on the moon?
Just tell us in plain language why the idea is ludicrous to you.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2012
plaetton:

The question is why do you find it so implausible?

1) Because there is no reason to ascribe human ingenuity to unknown aliens.
2) Absence of evidence. We don't even have an idea what an alien would look like or even where to point the telescope to at least infer their presence.
3) Mercury is too hot. We can't peer into venus because of it's atmosphere. Earth is home. Mars is a barren wasteland. Jupiter is a gas giant and the probe we sent in was crushed by gravity after descending 40 miles or so. Our pictures of Saturn doesn't suggest anything going on inside apart from gasses and the rings. Uranus is probably seated on a chair and Neptune is just another gaseous "god" and some of them have moons that have no evidence of "Intelligent life" o we can rule them out.

That takes care of this solar system. If you can at least show us some astrophysicists' pictures and explanations about your aliens' planet(we'll also accept their anatomy if you have it) then you have an agreeable audience. If not, "Ancient Aliens", Sitchin, Daniken and crazy websites with faux information won't do.

4) If we are capable of creating all the modern technology we have, why is it so farfetched that ancient civilizations knew how to cut stones and build gigantic monuments?   

5) If you say the pyramids, Nazca lines etc where built in order for them to be seen from space by aliens, will you say we are trying to attract some aliens' attention with all these lights?

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 02, 2012
Of course, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence for aliens in general. But for the bada$$ aliens who helped build the pyramids, it is.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 02, 2012
This guy "believed" in ancient aliens too.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 02, 2012
I found one of the aliens that did the heavy lifting.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 2:25am On Mar 02, 2012
^^^

ROTFLMFAO. . . . .I have been laughing all day here, every body with his explanations for aliens and how the built the pyramids and other ancient monuments. . .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

^^^

ROTFLMFAO. . . . .I have been laughing all day here, every body with his explanations for aliens and how the built the pyramids and other ancient monuments. . .

I read the posts and my reaction is like commodus from gladiator when he was watching the carnage.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 2:43am On Mar 02, 2012
^^
This the same thing as Oladegbuu trying to provide scientific explanation on how "original sin" causes mutation on the other thread. . .  grin grin
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

^^
This the same thing as Oladegbuu trying to provide scientific explanation on how "original sin" causes mutation on the other thread. . .  grin grin

Mutations??!! There is no room for mutations!!! Olaadegbu's god doesn't do Mutations!!!Everything Olaadegbu's God touches is perfect!! Mutation is that darwinist evolutionist intellectual schizophrenia lie of the devil straight from the pits of Hell.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 2:54am On Mar 02, 2012
Martian:

Mutations??!! There is no room for mutations!!! Olaadegbu's god doesn't do Mutations!!!Everything Olaadegbu's God touches is perfect!! Mutation is that darwinist evolutionist intellectual schizophrenia lie of the devil straight from the pits of Hell.

Back in the days when his Gods at AIG will not accept that mutations take place, he was there with them regurgitating their lines, now that they have accepted that mutations do take place, it is now as a result of original sin. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

Back in the days when his Gods a AIG will not accept that mutations take place, he was there with them regurgitating their lines, now that they have accepted that mutations do take place, it is now as a result of original sin. . . cheesy cheesy

Sometimes I wonder why people like dumb reality shows. Then I realized that I enjoy the same type of ridiculous entertainment. I just do it on nairaland.  smiley Full of characters like the great olaadegbu. It has always been apparent that he swings whereever AiG swings. It's like his brain's been on vacation for years.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mantraa: 3:21am On Mar 02, 2012

If they could move this windmill with 86 oxen in the middle ages, just imagine what the ancient egyptians could move with 86 elephants!!!
Plus thousands of devoted workers and highly skilled craftsmen with many generations of experience.

Think about it. Aliens not required.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2012
You actually believe that the pyramid blocks were moved by many elephants? Let's put aside how ridiculous that sound for now. What did the egyptians use to place the blocks so accurately over one another at such height?
mantraa:

If they could move this windmill with 86 oxen in the middle ages, just imagine what the ancient egyptians could move with 86 elephants!!!
Plus thousands of devoted workers and highly skilled craftsmen with many generations of experience.

Think about it. Aliens not required.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by EasyG(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2012
@Jenwitemi: I guess you misunderstood my post. I know Atlantis is way older than the Egyptian empire, I said Atlantean survivors taught the Egyptians how to build their pyramids, I don't believe they were all wiped out when their continent sank. They were probably the 'sons of God' mentioned in the bible. And I agree with Justcool's take on the matter. The distance between galaxies cannot be traversed by any spaceship, so Earth as far as am concerned has never received any alien visitation.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mantraa: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2012
@Jenwitemi
How is this ridiculous? What about 186 oxen or wildebeest instead. It's just a matter of using the resources available at the time.
They could have used sand ramps up each side of the pyramid till they gradually reach the top, then remove the sand and polish and decorate the stones on the way down.
The accuracy can be achieved by using plumb lines against the pole star, basic trigonometry, water levels and basic hydraulics.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

You actually believe that the pyramid blocks were moved by many elephants? Let's put aside how ridiculous that sound for now. What did the egyptians use to place the blocks so accurately over one another at such height?

Lmao. This guy says working elephants sound ridiculous even when evidence of working and war elephants are extant!

What did they use to place the blocks? Dude, these people were not dumb so why do you keep projecting your fantasies on them. You think they couldn't devise levers and other lifting devices?

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/koslow.htm
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
EasyG:

@Jenwitemi: I guess you misunderstood my post. I know Atlantis is way older than the Egyptian empire, I said Atlantean survivors taught the Egyptians how to build their pyramids, I don't believe they were all wiped out when their continent sank. They were probably the 'sons of God' mentioned in the bible. And I agree with Justcool's take on the matter. The distance between galaxies cannot be traversed by any spaceship, so Earth as far as am concerned has never received any alien visitation.

Atlantis. I knew this was fantasy when I was a kid. Surprising to see that grown men still talk about it like it's real.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Compromise.
They were space elephants.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
Any modern day engineer will tell you that this theory of yours is not feasible. The pyramids have structural accuracy that few modern buildings could match today. That that could be achieved via your "methods" is extremely unlikely.
mantraa:

@Jenwitemi
How is this ridiculous? What about 186 oxen or wildebeest instead. It's just a matter of using the resources available at the time.
They could have used sand ramps up each side of the pyramid till they gradually reach the top, then remove the sand and polish and decorate the stones on the way down.
The accuracy can be achieved by using plumb lines against the pole star, basic trigonometry, water levels and basic hydraulics.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
How about the use of some sort of levitation technique through sound manipulation?
Martian:

Compromise.
They were space elephants.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
Atlantis is no fantasy, mate. It was only introduced to the mainstream - especially to kids - as fantasy so that it could be more easily digested by the masses. This is a method this is a very common method, truth being introduced to the masses as fiction at the beginning.
Martian:

Atlantis. I knew this was fantasy when I was a kid. Surprising to see that grown men still talk about it like it's real.

1 Like

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Any modern day engineer will tell you that this theory of yours is not feasible. The pyramids have structural accuracy that few modern buildings could match today. That that could be achieved via your "methods" is extremely unlikely.

Maybe in your neck of the woods.

Jenwitemi:

How about the use of some sort of levitation technique through sound manipulation?

LMBAO! How about a levitation technique using photons and neutron lasers.
Sound manipulation is the ability to mimic and distort noise, replicate frequencies, and create sonic blasts of devastating proportions.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_Manipulation

Dude, can't you tell the difference between sci fi fantasies and real life?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2012
Perhaps the more correct term is "Acoustic Levitation". This has already been done in controlled circumstances in the laboratory.
Google it.
Martian:

LMBAO! How about a levitation technique using photons and neutron lasers.
Sound manipulation is the ability to mimic and distort noise, replicate frequencies, and create sonic blasts of devastating proportions.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_Manipulation

Dude, can't you tell the difference between sci fi fantasies and real life?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Atlantis is no fantasy, mate. It was only introduced to the mainstream - especially to kids - as fantasy so that it could be more easily digested.

Now Atlantis is now a conspiracy?? You have a few screws loose.
That fantasy land you live in must have CIA agents coming after you and David Icke's reptiles must have abducted you and told you these secrets. What a joke.
I guess, Neverland was also introduced as a fantasy so it can be more easily digested.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2012
Martian:

Lmao. This guy says working elephants sound ridiculous even when evidence of working and war elephants are extant!

What did they use to place the blocks? Dude, these people were not dumb so why do you keep projecting your fantasies on them. You think they couldn't devise levers and other lifting devices?

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/koslow.htm

I tire ohh. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.