Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8137966 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 12:28am On May 06, 2016
Haleematm:
this scan thing done dey tire me self. did a scan some mnths back nd was told me edd is 5th sept. did anodr again yesterday at 23wks 3 days (says scan) nd was told its 28th august plus d fact dt i belong to team blue. dnt knw what to blv cos as at d tym i went for scan my calculation was 22wks 5days. shuould i rely on d scan or what my calc says?
Go with the first one. This is because earlier ultrasounds are more accurate than later ones for the calculating EDD as fetus grow at the pretty much a uniform eat earlier in pregnancies. As pregnancy progresses, babies can have a different growth rate, this is why doctors usually go by your earlier ultrasound and most won't change your due date except if there is a difference of 2 or more weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:04am On May 06, 2016
nazablossom:
my prince charming arrived today @11;32 am weighing 4.1kg via cs. bs coming soon..
Congratulations, thank GOD for safe delivery and quickest recovery to you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 2:24am On May 06, 2016
nazablossom:
my prince charming arrived today @11;32 am weighing 4.1kg via cs. bs coming soon..

Welcome 2 d world handsome. More grace abound.

Wats d secret behind undergoing a CS n still having d strength to come n post dsame day? Reason is because down here d injection causes dem 2 slip n b unconscious 4 a whole day or 2 n I dnt lyk 2 see dem lukin dat helpless n nt being able 2 meet deir babies immediately. But here it's far diff b beta pls Wats d secret behind dis?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 2:34am On May 06, 2016
MsPat:
Hi everyone, how body? Se awon players n kick wella? Nobody even find me....na so i bad reach? sad

Anyway....the twins have started with Nan o, before they ll suck me dry! And the good news is they sleep longer at night so it's a win-win for me grin i can sleep more and my bobbies can have peace !

MIL has gone back, momsie don resume her own duty, i can't come and die!

Abeg i get small question o.....what is meant by bad blood in pregnancy? It happened to one woman i know, she's had two babies- both dead . After birth, the baby will stay for some days and then just die like that. Pele then said that the woman has bad blood and that she ought to take certain injections after birth . So what is bad blood?

Maybe they are referring to the woman's blood group. If she is rhesus negative, there are some injections she ought to take in order to preserve the baby and avoid fetal death.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 2:47am On May 06, 2016
See what nairaland is doing to me. It only opens at midnight. Throughout the day, its been giving me redirect error issues. Seun, ure denying me from enjoying my favourite thread o. Not fair cry

#TeamJuly mamas hope you all are fine? After team june, we are next o cheesy

What happened to thread cuties today now? angry All mamas have ported to the newborn thread? Its time we start invading that thread and drag them out here to share their LO pics. Una nor want make we see cuties and get inspiration abi?

@nazablossom Congrats dear. Kisses to your LO! kiss kiss kiss

Zimunachimdi, Pele dear. You sure dh thing nor mistakenly touch pepper for your kitchen? Lol. Just kidding. You really need the kpekusing so delivery can be easy and smooth. Like one mama told me this week, she said allow your dh to be swimming inside to avoid what is called cephalopelvic disproportion.

@mum Zaynie, i was just thinking of you and your dues this afternoon. E never reach to open business name and corporate account? Make we turn am to correct business now. I'll help you collect the dues but you'll oversee it. At the end of the month, we'll split profit cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:36am On May 06, 2016
JUMAYIN:
no be only u o my able captain... I feel same too, n I feel what I believe to be baby hiccups too, damn! Av started showing already
Wao, that's fast or should I say cool.
So happy for you.

Lol
No mind me.
I have a big tommy, wide pelvic
Don't think I will show till 6months.... Kikikik
Although am just 5"4 in height so might end up showing quicker.

Happy bumping.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:39am On May 06, 2016
Godmother:

No be only you o. I felt it a week back but didn't say anything to anyone cos I felt it was too early. Other moms here have been talking about their Los kicking and I felt my mind was playing tricks on me as me I'm anxious to experience it too.

In other news

Yeh!! Our team is growing !! *dancing shoki* Before November we will rich like 50 members.

Mine, I rolled over n slept n my tommy n started feeling heartbeat down there o.
Haaaaaaa
I just jewelry stood up n held my tommy n was saying Baby sorry, baby sorry. Lol

Amen @50
All d hiding Mama's, show face o
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 6:25am On May 06, 2016
Congrats @ Nazablossom.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 6:59am On May 06, 2016
ginababy:

Welcome 2 d world handsome. More grace abound.

Wats d secret behind undergoing a CS n still having d strength to come n post dsame day? Reason is because down here d injection causes dem 2 slip n b unconscious 4 a whole day or 2 n I dnt lyk 2 see dem lukin dat helpless n nt being able 2 meet deir babies immediately. But here it's far diff b beta pls Wats d secret behind dis?
It depends on the type of anaesthesia that was used for the woman. This spinal anaesthesia administered these days allows the woman to be conscious but it will only numb a part of her body so she doesn't feel any pain during the CS. It effects wanes very soon. If it's the other general anaesthesia that sends the woman to complete sleep, it takes longer hours for the effects to wane.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:22am On May 06, 2016
MsPat:
Hi everyone, how body? Se awon players n kick wella?

Abeg i get small question o.....what is meant by bad blood in pregnancy? It happened to one woman i know, she's had two babies- both dead . After birth, the baby will stay for some days and then just die like that. Pele then said that the woman has bad blood and that she ought to take certain injections after birth . So what is bad blood?
It's the woman's rhesus factor they mean. If the woman's rhesus factor is negative and her baby's own is positive, it can lead to the babies death.This is because her body sees her baby's blood as foreign (harmful)substance and will produce antibodies to fight it. During delivery, these antibodies are passed to her baby which will later destroy her baby's red blood cells very fast. Red blood cells carry oxygen and without enough of it, babies die. An injection is usually given to such women to stop them from producing antibodies.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omowunmigan(f): 7:26am On May 06, 2016
Congrats Nazablossom.. Good morning all!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haleematm(f): 7:45am On May 06, 2016
MamaOO:

Go with the first one. This is because earlier ultrasounds are more accurate than later ones for the calculating EDD as fetus grow at the pretty much a uniform eat earlier in pregnancies. As pregnancy progresses, babies can have a different growth rate, this is why doctors usually go by your earlier ultrasound and most won't change your due date except if there is a difference of 2 or more weeks
thanx for this info. a very good mrng to all mothers in the house. long live this group
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:45am On May 06, 2016
Congrats nazablossom. God be with you and your Lo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pweetymii: 7:54am On May 06, 2016
@Nazablossom congrats..it has indeed ended well...welcome to our world prince..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mum2bsoon: 7:55am On May 06, 2016
Congrats nazablossom, may ur lo continually b a source of strength n joy to u n fam. His arrival wil mrk d beginnin of greater tins to cm.
Pls team dec captain abeg add me to ur team, didnt do my calc well wen i said team jan d oda tym.
Omowunmigan, u r my teamie o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 8:08am On May 06, 2016
Congrats to the latest mum at nazablossom, may lo's arrival be the beginning of greater things in ur home. Team may dropping babies everyday I love my month so much I wish every other May mamas easy delivery ijn.
Team September how's it going? Sure we're enjoying our 2nd trimester God ll see us thru ijn.Planning to start shopping next weekend who's with me?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:32am On May 06, 2016
congrats nazablossom oo..i knw dat boy is goin to b bog cuz d belle no b here o wen i saw it..oops!!yea mamas i saw dat belle..grin
@MsPat..longtym ma o..hw r d twins..we missed u o..captain mitchhy nd captain britney hs done justice to ur q bt i cnt bliv na my blood dem dey call 'bad'..am 0negatv.tnk God for technology..so many women out there r ignorAnt of dis issue..dats y sum av miscarriages immediately conception occurs or sum r lucky to carry to term..if ur blood is negatv nd dh is positv..it cn counter durin conceptn cuz d fetal bg might positiv..so to avoid any future pain..weneva u conceive..wede u had an abortion as a 0negatv single lady..u mst tak rhogam injection within 72hrs nd same afta delivery of a newborn..it s highly important as a young woman no matter ur age to find out ur bloodgroup nd genotype b4 marriage or b4 havin sexual intercourse wt opp sex..'sigh'...i got all dis info frm a doctor nd by reading..'EVERYWOMAN'..very informative book..so MsPat let dat woman go 4 test nd if truly is rhesus issue she gat..necessary steps will b taken cuz naija pple might mean anoda tin abt d 'badblood'grin..all d best!
Mornin mamas
#teamjuly
am impressed wt may mamas o.
i had same issue zimunachimdi last wk...ryt now...i dey zip am..i no fit tell my doc sef..so painful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 8:32am On May 06, 2016
modath:

See me hia! Leave baby O alone, he's not yet 5mths nah, chill or you get errand to send am? cheesy
Oh! till 5months? ok o! grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:36am On May 06, 2016
@ginababy...well noted ma
@rofemiguwa..am an ardent reader of ur diary nd i cnt wait for princess to arrive toogrin..pls jst be calm ma nd she ll soon land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 8:40am On May 06, 2016
ekeminiabasi:
@ma'am zaynie,i 'm fine. Having bp issues though. Dr is suggesting taking out the baby after 34weeks,if my bp is still high. Nt particularly cheering news....what do u think? @mumgb,i agree with sugah...cyclogest is 6,500. I bought today@alpha pharmarcy. Its@2b alabi street,off toyin street ikeja. Iyabetajos:pele,what bp drugs are u on? I'm on aldomet,nifedipine and aspirin. doesnt seem to be working..... all is well.
my blood pressure is always high whenever i am pregnant. just keep taking aldomet. always keep yourself happy. smiley

congratulations nazablosom.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:44am On May 06, 2016
Congratulations nazablossom kiss

Good morning mamas, I have had some questions I wanted to ask older mamas (Experienced mothers) which I had written in my note, but laziness no gree me drop am. But this morning, I found this in one of the foreign forums I follow (Trust Oyinbo to say it as it is) but somehow, I want a naija response... At least I go fit relate. The picture is just a simple summary of my long note.

I need you all experienced mamas contributions (I can't Cc you all enough) Whether you don hang booth, or planning to hang, so far you have been there, please say it as it is. Don't jump and pass! Na beg I dey o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rofemiguwa(f): 8:47am On May 06, 2016
Thanks dear.
Make she come oooo.
cutienik:
@ginababy...well noted ma
@rofemiguwa..am an ardent reader of ur diary nd i cnt wait for princess to arrive toogrin..pls jst be calm ma nd she ll soon land.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Naveedah(f): 8:48am On May 06, 2016
goldenruby:
C
That each time you get checked (to see how dilated you are) it gets more painful each time! VE is no Joke!

That screaming the roof down during contraction is energy sapping. Save your energy for the main job

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adesuwag(m): 8:59am On May 06, 2016
goldenruby:
I need you all experienced mamas contributions (I can't Cc you all enough) Whether you don hang booth, or planning to hang, so far you have been there, please say it as it is. Don't jump and pass! Na beg I dey o.
That even if you have it all planned out, await the unexpected.

I wish someone had told someone that Cs is also not a death sentence.
In all Sis, cast your fears to God. If I say e no dey pain, na lie. I can't wait to come and chop jollof rice and rub powder. I wish you a smooth and easy delivery. kiss

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happymama: 9:14am On May 06, 2016
nazablossom:
To God b all da glory,congrats mama...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:14am On May 06, 2016
Congratulations Nazzalblossom
God bless your Lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:17am On May 06, 2016
goldenruby...dat i will forget all i was thot durin antenata class.
We were to breathe in and out wen labor starts..i tried it d first contractn nd started shoutin lik sum1 dem pour pepper on her tin aftawrds..it ws a short labor bt i experience fire bt wen u c ur cutie..d pain disappear..all in all its worth it wen u realise u jst downloaded a perfect human...its amazing!!!grin

*thinkingoutloud*..no naija actress eva got it ryt..uhn uhn none.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by onyinyechika08: 9:21am On May 06, 2016
Congrats nazablossom..may your lo alwaysb a source of joy to ur family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:22am On May 06, 2016
ekeminiabasi:
@ma'am zaynie,i 'm fine. Having bp issues though. Dr is suggesting taking out the baby after 34weeks,if my bp is still high. Nt particularly cheering news....what do u think? @mumgb,i agree with sugah...cyclogest is 6,500. I bought today@alpha pharmarcy. Its@2b alabi street,off toyin street ikeja. Iyabetajos:pele,what bp drugs are u on? I'm on aldomet,nifedipine and aspirin. doesnt seem to be working..... all is well.

So sorry dear. Have you tried eating cucumber as suggested? No wonder uve been mia. There's nothing impossible for Jehovah to do. I trust things will turn around before you get to 34 weeks. Just try not to worry too much and stay positive. We'll keep you in our prayers.
#teamjuly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:29am On May 06, 2016
Just for laughs... cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:44am On May 06, 2016
Haleematm:
this scan thing done dey tire me self. did a scan some mnths back nd was told me edd is 5th sept. did anodr again yesterday at 23wks 3 days (says scan) nd was told its 28th august plus d fact dt i belong to team blue. dnt knw what to blv cos as at d tym i went for scan my calculation was 22wks 5days. shuould i rely on d scan or what my calc says?
same wit me, d first scan i did at 15wks told me my edd is 3rd September, did another one last two wks and was told 18th August and even told me i was 24 wks while i will be 24wks tomorrow, and my lmp i calculated is 27th August,my doctor told me to be expecting my baby as from 20th of August because some times this scan of a thing can lie..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amhappy(f): 10:06am On May 06, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Bitter mouth doesn't alwaz denote malaria esp in preg
Increase ur water intake and watch it till appointment day
Kindly head to d hosp if any change
Hope this help
Thank you ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: verize3(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.