Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8268895 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:10pm On May 08, 2016
@peddylove yes o! All these 'cant stand for more than 5mins gist' is scary.

Me I'm just praying for money seriously now so I can start buying small small
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 4:23pm On May 08, 2016
Sugah, I know the glucose tolerance test you are talkin bout. Don't knw if it's done here but in Yankee at 35wks, it iS done. If positive, dey repeat after a week or so. You can given a sweet substance like juice and ur blood sample will be taken after 1hr

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:34pm On May 08, 2016
feddy27

Ehen. That's why I was asking if its done in Naija.
I remember asking my doctor about rubella test the guy just yimu give me. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:49pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:
Sabi and beautiful mamas, I'm in my 14th week and yet to start my routine drugs. I hate drugs but will take any if only to keep my lo healthy. My doc prescribed folic acid in my earlier weeks for a month. What drugs can I take? Someone suggested Pregnancare Plus, but just incase I decide to go the other way what other drug combination can I take?

Also, sometimes I find it a bit diff to breath properly and have to take large gulps of breath. This happens mostly when I'm lying down, esp on my back. Should I be worried?

Cc
Zaynie
Ahnie
Iomoge2
Mitchyy
ozycy
kaffy4bill
Stop lying on your back please.
Try n lay on your left side or right side. But left is better cos it allows seamless blood n nutrients flow to the uterus.

For drugs, u have to be serious about it, not because of u, but because of lo and in the long run because of u n dh and every well wisher.

I was given ferrous, bco, folic acid, multi vitamin then bco injection at antenatal.
However I have been taking pregnacare max. Just switched to plus because I was tired of the two big tablets n omega3 to swallow.

I don't know why d hospital didn't add calcium, dunno if it's needed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wendy80(f): 4:53pm On May 08, 2016
Elhayjay:
thanks for the contribution.our EDD is July 13th but I learnt it is +- 2 weeks of EDD.You can add her to July..

July 13th my birthday. Chai I pray oh, baby will def get aa gift from mua

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 4:55pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:
Sabi and beautiful mamas, I'm in my 14th week and yet to start my routine drugs. I hate drugs but will take any if only to keep my lo healthy. My doc prescribed folic acid in my earlier weeks for a month. What drugs can I take? Someone suggested Pregnancare Plus, but just incase I decide to go the other way what other drug combination can I take?

Also, sometimes I find it a bit diff to breath properly and have to take large gulps of breath. This happens mostly when I'm lying down, esp on my back. Should I be worried?

Cc
Zaynie
Ahnie
Iomoge2
Mitchyy
ozycy
kaffy4bill

Hello mama, i'm sure other mamas have already torchlighted your matter. I'm also dealing with breathlessness and its worse when i lie on my back for a long time. So try and lie on your side ONLY.
I also think your hospital is not worth using at all. Its the norm for docs to recommend other drugs alongside folic acid for you in 1st trimester. Then when you start antenatal classes, the regular routine drugs will be prescribed. Thank God uve been taking folic acid all this while. At least its better than nothing.
I also hate drugs too, thats why i take pregnacare. I've been using pregnacare max and it contains everything. No need for any additional drug besides vitamin c. If possible, please get that or you can still use the pregnacare plus together with a calcium tab.
I can't really blame you, because your doc and your hospital ought to inform you about all these.
If possible, pls switch to a general hospital.
Also try and be regular on this thread and ask questions about anything and everything.
Pls dont wait till 19th to start taking these drugs. Your baby needs them badly

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 5:00pm On May 08, 2016
esof1:

shocked let me confess oh, I haven't been taking my routine drugs and I'm 30 weeks already. Tho' I have treated malaria 3 times and taken my TT injection. The number of folic acid and fesolate I've taken since day 1 isn't up to 20. I hope it doesn't have effect on my baby.....

Why are you playing kalo kalo with your life and lo's? The vitamins are VERY important. Nothing will happen to your baby by faith but don't repeat it again. If you don't want to take drugs just ensure you are getting the natural equivalents. Hmph!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2016
iomoge2:

Try n lay on your left side or right side. But left is better cos it allows seamless blood n nutrients flow to the uterus.

For drugs, u have to be serious about it, not because of u, but because of lo and in the long run because of u n dh and every well wisher.

I was given ferrous, bco, folic acid, multi vitamin then bco injection at antenatal.
However I have been taking pregnacare max. Just switched to plus because I was tired of the two big tablets n omega3 to swallow.

I forgot to add that I ve also been on blood taken and take up to 6 tbs daily. I'll get the other drugs asap so I can start on them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2016
iomoge2:

I forgot to add that I ve also been on blood tonic and take up to 6 tbs daily. I'll get the other drugs asap so I can start on them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 5:04pm On May 08, 2016
Hey!! Waddling and funky mama's what's popping? I'm in a very good mood today. I got a great testimony!! So I wanna do something. If you are a May mama and you've not completed your shopping. Please mail me. I wanna do this on my sisters behalf. She must testify!!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 5:07pm On May 08, 2016
Please talk to your doc about routine drugs. You should be taking all by now. ALso stop lying on your back. Left side is the best. Happy bumping!!
Godmother:

I forgot to add that I ve also been on blood tonic and take up to 6 tbs daily. I'll get the other drugs asap so I can start on them.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 5:19pm On May 08, 2016
Adorablewifey -Till we get posting letter.
Besea
Deyoola
Ebony13
Firstymum
Godmother
Iomoge2
Jumayin
Jummy004
LadyMessi
Missade
Moskidarl
Oshey01
Phummy1821
Princesskiki
Rejoice03
Sweetrie
Twogreatnations
XX01

#TeamNovember For SupernaturalPregnancy And Delivery.
We shall all carry to term in Jesus name, Amen.

Let's welcome new mama XX01.

Update.
November Mama's, let's not forget our drugs o.
Folic acid, ferrous, calcium, bco, multivitamin. - they r very Very VERY important.

Also note that this is d time to take protein as your baby is developing all muscles needed.
Your baby would be using all the protein u provide now.
I would advise u eat atleast One Boiled egg a day -hard boiled.
If u can do milk too, please do.
Meat, fish, chicken, Turkey beans and any protein u think of is a must.

Also note that we need foods rich in iodine now as babys thyroid gland is beginning to develop and function.

Love u all.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 5:27pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:

Was d 6 tablets prescribed by your doctor?
Hope it's not too much.
I was prescribed 2 daily.
Biko, waddle out now to d nearest chemist n buy those drugs.
U shouldn't spend up to 2k if it's d counting one.
Just buy enough for one month before you see d doctor.
However I don't know about calcium
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 5:34pm On May 08, 2016
#RantOver...

26 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 5:35pm On May 08, 2016
iomoge2:

Was d 6 tablets prescribed by your doctor?
Hope it's not too much.
I was prescribed 2 daily.
Biko, waddle out now to d nearest chemist n buy those drugs.
U shouldn't spend up to 2k if it's d counting one.
Just buy enough for one month before you see d doctor.
However I don't know about calcium

No, not tablets tablespoons. I take up to 6 tablespoons of Orheptal blood tonic. I was taking 3 but started experiencing severe dizziness so was advised to up the intake by my mom and sisters that have given birth.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 5:38pm On May 08, 2016
esof1:

shocked let me confess oh, I haven't been taking my routine drugs and I'm 30 weeks already. Tho' I have treated malaria 3 times and taken my TT injection. The number of folic acid and fesolate I've taken since day 1 isn't up to 20. I hope it doesn't have effect on my baby.....

Wait a minute, pls tell us you're joking. Why now teamie Why? What's your reason for skipping it badly? cry cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 5:39pm On May 08, 2016
ozycy:

Yes they do especially if any of your family member have diabetes, they may send you for a more detailed test. (that one of drinking glucose and waiting for hours). I did it with my second Abi 3rd pregnancy but did the blood own with my last belle.

Mummy,u don born reach 4? I hail ooo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 5:42pm On May 08, 2016
Team November mamas, una doooh! pls eh, I am team December but any info I get here is very important.
Iomoge2, these are routine drugs needed for 2nd trimester abi? I'd like to take proper notes as time progresses.

Thanks

iomoge2:
Adorablewifey -Till we get posting letter.
Besea
Deyoola
Ebony13
Firstymum
Godmother
Iomoge2
Jumayin
Jummy004
LadyMessi
Missade
Moskidarl
Oshey01
Phummy1821
Princesskiki
Rejoice03
Sweetrie
Twogreatnations
XX01

#TeamNovember For SupernaturalPregnancy And Delivery.
We shall all carry to term in Jesus name, Amen.

Let's welcome new mama XX01.

Update.
November Mama's, let's not forget our drugs o.
Folic acid, ferrous, calcium, bco, multivitamin. - they r very Very VERY important.

Also note that this is d time to take protein as your baby is developing all muscles needed.
Your baby would be using all the protein u provide now.
I would advise u eat atleast One Boiled egg a day -hard boiled.
If u can do milk too, please do.
Meat, fish, chicken, Turkey beans and any protein u think of is a must.

Also note that we need foods rich in iodine now as babys thyroid gland is beginning to develop and function.

Love u all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 5:58pm On May 08, 2016
Hello Mamas,

My mum n dad have a history of BP issues (high BP to be precise, although they have learnt to properly manage it overtime).
I haven't started ANC as I am just about 9wks gone. Last week, my DR asked me about any history of diabetes or BP in my family, and said he may place me on vasoprin tabs soon cos of the BP ish. He also said he'll test my blood sugar at my next appointment on Tuesday.

I hope there is no cause for alarm tho, or any other suggestions Mamas?

cc
Zaynie
Ozycy
BritneyStacy

#TeamDecemberForSupernaturalDelivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:01pm On May 08, 2016
enque:
Team November mamas, una doooh! pls eh, I am team December but any info I get here is very important.
Iomoge2, these are routine drugs needed for 2nd trimester abi? I'd like to take proper notes as time progresses.

Thanks

They are needed all through o.
From start.
If u can go d way of pregnacare max, then do
Or pregnacare plus and calcium.
We are all one on this thread.
Happy bumping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:03pm On May 08, 2016
I'm presently doing Pregnacare plus+folic acid+ferrous sulphate. So I need to add bco and calcium??

iomoge2:

They are needed all through o.
From start.
If u can go d way of pregnacare max, then do
Or pregnacare plus and calcium.
We are all one on this thread.
Happy bumping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:10pm On May 08, 2016
enque:

The routine drugs is for everyday of your pregnancy. If you have not started already please do.

Check the contents of your pregnacare plus. It should already contain b vitamins
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:13pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:

No, not tablets tablespoons. I take up to 6 tablespoons of Orheptal blood tonic. I was taking 3 but started experiencing severe dizziness so was advised to up the intake by my mom and sisters that have given birth.
Ok.
Low Blood is also a cause of dizziness.
Start the antenatal quickly.
U need bco to make u eat well.

My blog count was 31 instead of 38-45.
Doctor said it's cause I don't eat.
That's why I was giving bco inject n tabs.
N they also said it's routine as they noticed mama's don't eat.
Please try n start taking care of lo from instead.
Pele dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:16pm On May 08, 2016
enque:
I'm presently doing Pregnacare plus+folic acid+ferrous sulphate. So I need to add bco and calcium??

No. U only need to add calcium to the pregnacare plus.
If u troubles eating, u can do bco to help u eat.
But as sugah said, bco has bcomplex but am not sure.
Lemme snap mine.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:23pm On May 08, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of the importance of routine drugs, that's why I am not taking chances with them. I started them immediately I confirmed my bfp at the hospital. I just checked the pregnacare plus pack and it contains a lot of vit B, so I guess I'm covered.

Thanks Sugah.

sugah:

The routine drugs is for everyday of your pregnancy. If you have not started already please do.

Check the contents of your pregnacare plus. It should already contain b vitamins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:26pm On May 08, 2016
Mine is the one on the right..The lady in pink...lol

iomoge2:

No. U only need to add calcium to the pregnacare plus.
If u troubles eating, u can do bco to help u eat.
But as sugah said, bco has bcomplex but am not sure.
Lemme snap mine.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 6:35pm On May 08, 2016
lovinam:
Hey!! Waddling and funky mama's what's popping? I'm in a very good mood today. I got a great testimony!! So I wanna do something. If you are a May mama and you've not completed your shopping. Please mail me. I wanna do this on my sisters behalf. She must testify!!

CC: Famfortune
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 6:38pm On May 08, 2016
Gaily04:

Ok o, we thank God she is doing fine, pls try and give us update if the password ish doesn't pull through.
No problem trust me naa I deh here gidigba.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:59pm On May 08, 2016
feddy27:

Thanks dearies for liking my page kiss
To view more pics, click on 'photos', you will see more dan 100 pics

U welcome mam.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omowunmigan(f): 7:08pm On May 08, 2016
Senior Zaynie, 3 gbosas for you.. Rukemi, thanks sis.. Love you gannnn.. All LOs by mommas here will grow up to become great..by God's grace.
Akorkor, I'm so happy for you... It shall end in praise dear. iomoge2, proud mum, enque and other sweet sisters here, thanks for your prayers and support. You shall not have any cause to weep.
Anyone here has experience with gold cross hospital ikoyi?
My fertility doctor said I should register there for ANC once I become 12weeks and this gestational sac thing is done with. I learnt it's an expensive hospital.. Any news about their services and prices? Sama me tori biko.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 7:13pm On May 08, 2016
Greetings to all mamas,humbledbygrace I rejoice with ur family, God bless ur princess.
Concerning dis mango issue dat's my craving for now funny thing is I dont take it before preggy. I did check on google before taking it and I didn't see anywhere dat it causes contraction though it wasnt advisable for 3rd trimester. It has even helped me greatly in battling constipation, even at that everything shld be done in moderation.

Team September mamas, yes o let's start shopping, was planning to go to Lagos Island b4 bt I av decided to do my shopping in my town jejely coz am nt seeing much difference. PLZ I NEED SUGGESTIONS ON THE BEST PRODUCT TO BUY AS REGARDS WATER FLASK.
Cc Zaynie , Ozycy and other sabi mamas at d bolded. TIA

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:22pm On May 08, 2016
enque:
Hello Mamas,

My mum n dad have a history of BP issues (high BP to be precise, although they have learnt to properly manage it overtime).
I haven't started ANC as I am just about 9wks gone. Last week, my DR asked me about any history of diabetes or BP in my family, and said he may place me on vasoprin tabs soon cos of the BP ish. He also said he'll test my blood sugar at my next appointment on Tuesday.

I hope there is no cause for alarm tho, or any other suggestions Mamas?

cc
Zay,nie
Ozyc.y
BritneySt.acy

#TeamDecemberForSupernaturalDelivery

Unless you actually have a high bp or slightly raised one or your parents are severely hypertensive, he shouldnt place you on drugs that cure high bp. Low bp is way worse than high bp.
He should rather watch you and you should get the machine that measures bp, every morning and night measure it and record. When it keeps rising and doesnt fall, then you report to your Dr even if the bp recorded on that day is normal.
Blood sugar is to test if you have diabetes or not.

Godmother, all the mamas have spoken.
@ all mamas that are reluctant to use drugs, please do esp if you are finding it difficult to eat.
Those drugs are VERY important for you and baby.
Unless you want to have bone and a lot of issues before you are 40. Your body will have to give up those nutrients by force, these are nutrients stored in muscles, bones, organs and so on.
Put in mind you will soon be breastfeeding; meaning more nutrients to sacrifice.
If you can, eat as much natural vitamins as you can. Just google.
Also you can make it easier by using them at night when going to bed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rhayne(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.