Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200976 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:24pm On May 08, 2016
mkoabiola:

Million Thnanks for prompt and candid response.
She said she is not feeling any pains whenver I ask her on fone cos am not in town at d moment.
What is d stage of d pregnancy at 18weeks?if it has form a foetus or not,
If possible can u help me with a pix description,I av been aving headcahe over this .
Sorry for my novice question,am a man so I don't knw anytin abt preggie.
Thnks again.

Every pregnancy is different. Some women feel pains, others don't. Her symptoms might differ from that of the next woman.
Ive attached a pic of how the baby looks at this stage. Here's a breakdown of the baby's development:
Blood vessels: Your baby's blood vessels are visible through her skin.
Ear: Your baby's ears are now in position and stand out from her head.
Leg: Your baby is busy flexing her arms and legs -- movements that you'll soon begin to notice if you haven't already.
Placenta: You might have an ultrasound in the next few weeks to see how your baby's growing, screen for birth defects, and check the position of the placenta.
If you have an android or iphone, i suggest you download "What To Expect" or "Baby Center" pregnancy app. You'll see all these details there and you can be monitoring the pregnancy with it.
And pls let her register for antenatal asap if she hasn't. Is she also taking drugs at the moment?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:24pm On May 08, 2016
mkoabiola:

Million Thnanks for prompt and candid response.
She said she is not feeling any pains whenver I ask her on fone cos am not in town at d moment.
What is d stage of d pregnancy at 18weeks?if it has form a foetus or not,
If possible can u help me with a pix description,I av been aving headcahe over this .
Sorry for my novice question,am a man so I don't knw anytin abt preggie.
Thnks again.

Please ask her on the phone to go and register for antenatal!!!
At 18weeks she's supposed to have started her tetanus injections and anti-malarial drugs.
I hope she has been taking her drugs, spinal bifida is real.
There are apps you can download on your phone to track your baby's progess too. E.g the bump, pregnology.com.

This is an excerpt from pregnology:
http://www.pregnology.com/Pregnancy/week/18

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:26pm On May 08, 2016
mitchyy:

I think if you have more products, you should take pics of them and upload. I can't really see much products. I love the baby months tag. Its beautiful

proudmom38:

Me I ve come and go and like d page ooo,whr my gift 4 liking it?lol. But I no see pix thr,how do I view pix thr?

Thanks dearies for liking my page kiss

To view more pics, click on 'photos', you will see more dan 100 pics
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 1:36pm On May 08, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Babes kpele...
Na so oh... This 3rd trimester is just wicked...
I no dey fit stand pass 5mins again, else, I'll have terrible waist pain... Because of this, I no dey fit cook again.
Can't sleep well at night, belly feels heavy, pelvic pain driving me crazy, my already blurred vision is getting blurrier, my wrists are literally on fire, and worst of all, I'm still throwing up...
I just try to encourage myself everyday, cos I know all this is for a good cause...
I'm counting down seriously...

We're almost there...

#23DaysToJune
#Who'sCountingAlong
#TeamJuneForExtremeSupernaturalDelivery

My dear, chop plenty kiss kiss I really wanted to hear dis at dis tym to b reassured dat I'm nt alone. Kai d weather is nt helping matas at all.
Sry abt ur wrist dearie I pray it doesn't last till afta birth. We r lucky dat May is speeding n we will soon b der.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 1:47pm On May 08, 2016
Elhayjay:
My wife still vomit at 32 weeks.hope that's not a problem.

Daddy, der is natin wrong wt dat. I knw of someone dat vomited till she put 2 birth.

I sense ur wife is team June dat makes u a team June daddy. So if u don't mind we will lyk 2 register u in our team. All u need do is sama us BS wen madam delivers.

Enkaydewdrop, Oya ooo able captain come n register d one n able daddy of our tym.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:53pm On May 08, 2016
ginababy:

Daddy, der is natin wrong wt dat. I knw of someone dat vomited till she put 2 birth.

I sense ur wife is team June dat makes u a team June daddy. So if u don't mind we will lyk 2 register u in our team. All u need do is sama us BS wen madam delivers.

Enkaydewdrop, Oya ooo able captain come n register d one n able daddy of our tym.

Ehn ehn, abeg don't come and carry my duly registered team july member o. They are already in my team, so make una shift far far. Thou shall not trespass grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:54pm On May 08, 2016
These june mamas na una small pass but na una complain pass grin
See me already fearing 3rd trimester cry

May God see us all through this wonderful journey with our LOs in our arms at the end In Jesus name, Amen.

Fellow September mamas, if you can please do start shopping oooo. Divide the list into priority and shop for items small small now we are still in the fun 2nd trimester stage. Cos all these 3rd trimester wahala might not be nice to now add stress of walking around the market looking for baby items.

#September for supernatural delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 2:00pm On May 08, 2016
Happy Mothers day to you all,

I don't know what to say but I thank God for keeping me and the baby alive. If na mango cos am I no know o
I went to toilet on Friday and I clean up na so I see plenty blood stay o for tissue o( sorry for saying it the way it is) I was shaking and scared that Oh God!!! This should not happen again.
I quickly put a call to my Dr. He said I should go to clinic immediately and tell them it's emergency and I should have scan done to be sure if the baby is still alive.

I was scared to death!! We did scan!! Glory be to God...the baby is alive and we can hear the heartbeat. I was so happy that God indeed is a miracle working God.

The blood didn't get to womb area so they said is subchorionic bleed(Google said is not really bad) but abeg help me touch light the matter.
My doctor put me on bed rest from Friday till now and he prescribe cyclogest to be inserting.

Mothers in the house please continue praying for us that affliction will not rise again.

I am okay and healthy now and am back to my normal sef. The blood stop on that Friday and since then God has been faithful.#TeamDecemberforsupernaturaldelivery.

Sorry for my long stories

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:09pm On May 08, 2016
Happy mother's day to all the amazing women here kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 2:19pm On May 08, 2016
sugah:

Please ask her on the phone to go and register for antenatal!!!

I hope she has been taking her drugs, spinal bifida is real.

shocked let me confess oh, I haven't been taking my routine drugs and I'm 30 weeks already. Tho' I have treated malaria 3 times and taken my TT injection. The number of folic acid and fesolate I've taken since day 1 isn't up to 20. I hope it doesn't have effect on my baby.....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amhappy(f): 2:31pm On May 08, 2016
Mamas rejoice with me ooo my mate (Bro inlaws wifey) just gave birth to a handsome prince after 5yrs of marriage. God is still in the business of doing miracle.

43 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 2:55pm On May 08, 2016
esof1:

shocked let me confess oh, I haven't been taking my routine drugs and I'm 30 weeks already. Tho' I have treated malaria 3 times and taken my TT injection. The number of folic acid and fesolate I've taken since day 1 isn't up to 20. I hope it doesn't have effect on my baby.....

I hope so too. I hope that you have at least gotten all the necessary vitamins from your daily meals.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 2:57pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=Princesskiki post=45418784][/quote]
right after ur delivery, that was how mine was done at my right arm

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:00pm On May 08, 2016
Biko experienced moms and moms that are in 3rd trimester, does our naija hospitals carry out routine glucose tolerance test? Used to check for gestational diabetes in mums.

Zaynie, ozycy kaffy4bill

Amhappy congratulations to your Bil.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elhayjay(f): 3:03pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=ginababy post=45428040]

Da

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:08pm On May 08, 2016
Sabi and beautiful mamas, I'm in my 14th week and yet to start my routine drugs. I hate drugs but will take any if only to keep my lo healthy. My doc prescribed folic acid in my earlier weeks for a month. What drugs can I take? Someone suggested Pregnancare Plus, but just incase I decide to go the other way what other drug combination can I take?

Also, sometimes I find it a bit diff to breath properly and have to take large gulps of breath. This happens mostly when I'm lying down, esp on my back. Should I be worried?

Cc
Zaynie
Ahnie
Iomoge2
Mitchyy
ozycy
kaffy4bill
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:11pm On May 08, 2016
Sugah, at my ANC, the very first time you register, they do a comprehensive blood work and then during subsequent appointments, the uriine is analysed for protein and sugar using a simple test strip. If up to 2+ is found in any, then blood test for such is carried out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 3:19pm On May 08, 2016
Happy Sunday sweet MOTHERS! whatz up? mamas in their third trimester the Lord is your muscle. I understand how you feel doooh. don't worry eeehear you will soon bring forth your bundle of Joy. enkaydewdrop how borri? how's your wrist now? Ahnie how are you? i saw your post on new born thread, hope Zino is fine now. Sugah is right o! team September make una start shopping now. don't wait until you have the complete money o! if u waka sight one fine clothe buy. Missmalachi thanks for motivating me. I've started drawing my eyebrows lol. not perfect but its good. Amhappy congratulations! God is ever faithful. Team JUNE i know say body dey site una heheheh just keep looking at the calendar in your phone.# eat well, pray well and KPekus well #Hebrew women delivery to all mothers.# Mother alive, baby alive, husband alive and plenty money IJN#

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:21pm On May 08, 2016
zaynie:
Sugah, at my ANC, the very first time you register, they do a comprehensive blood work and then during subsequent appointments, the uriine is analysed for protein and sugar using a simple test strip. If up to 2+ is found in any, then blood test for such is carried out.

Ok I get... So the urine/protein test equates to glucose tolerance test?
I just read about it on my oyinbo pregnancy tracker and the process involves drinking something sugary and waiting for one hour before they draw your blood sample to check how your body processes sugar.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:26pm On May 08, 2016
sugah:
Biko experienced moms and moms that are in 3rd trimester, does our naija hospitals carry out routine glucose tolerance test? Used to check for gestational diabetes in mums.
Yes they do especially if any of your family member have diabetes, they may send you for a more detailed test. (that one of drinking glucose and waiting for hours). I did it with my second Abi 3rd pregnancy but did the blood own with my last belle.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:29pm On May 08, 2016
ozycy:

Yes they do especially if any of your family member have diabetes, they may send you for a more detailed test. (that one of drinking glucose and waiting for hours). I did it with my second Abi 3rd pregnancy but did the blood own with my last belle.

Ok, cool. Thanks. No one is diabetic in my family although my sis developed gestational diabetes with her last kid. Id talk to my doc about it this week at my ANC.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:30pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:
Sabi and beautiful mamas, I'm in my 14th week and yet to start my routine drugs. I hate drugs but will take any if only to keep my lo healthy. My doc prescribed folic acid in my earlier weeks for a month. What drugs can I take? Someone suggested Pregnancare Plus, but just incase I decide to go the other way what other drug combination can I take?

Also, sometimes I find it a bit diff to breath properly and have to take large gulps of breath. This happens mostly when I'm lying down,ill
Mummy, you deserve some e-flogging on your bum bum oo shocked shocked shocked shocked : shocked. You mean from day 1 of conception to more than 3months, you haven't taken any tablet containing folic acid? Mummy, you are not kind to that baby at all. The first 3months of conception ARE very critical in a baby 's formation. What you take at that stage determines how your baby will look cos major organs are formed during that stage!! BUT you have been reading from us here na.....we talk about drugs here not just malaria or TT. We don't take those drugs for fun o ooo, most of us dont even like drugs! We take it for our babies sake! We don't want them coming out with deformed ears, spinal cord, etc.
You need to apologise to that baby o ooo......
Please start your drugs immediately with daily prayers that you have not harmed that bundle of joy in you already! !!!

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:33pm On May 08, 2016
Aleesha0815:
Greetings everyone!!!!we welcomed our twin girls on 30th of April....sorry for d late announcement....vigilante has been so real....BS later!!!!
Congratulations, all Glory to GOD for safe delivery. Quick recovery to you.
Yes, vigilante is sooo real.
Samma us with your BS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 3:37pm On May 08, 2016
XX01:
Hello supernatural birth mamas,

Let me register my presence finally. I was a ghost mode member of the TTC group and I am finally here. I had my only child, a boy, more than 5 years ago. Had so many miscarriages before I had him. His birth was a miracle.

Had no miscarriage, no pregnancy for the past 5 years before God blessed me with this belle. I am due in November and just praying that this one sticks around for the long haul.

Congrats Teamie, your babies are here to stay by God's grace. U r welcome.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:42pm On May 08, 2016
Britneystacy I don't want to believe Godmother hasn't taken any drugs till now. I think she's just referring to all them pregnacare and tinz. After all, the doctor prescribed folic acid for one month in the early pregnancy (im not sure why he only prescribed for one month tho, maybe you were meant to see him after a month for more supplies)... Godmother I hope you at least took the folic acid that was given you then?

We've been singing the 'make sure you take your prenatals song' on here since but people just no wan listen. I don't know which one is worse, your hatred for drugs or watching your new born baby suffer as you run from one hospital to the other.
May this not be our portion by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:49pm On May 08, 2016
Godmother:

Also, sometimes I find it a bit diff to breath properly and have to take large gulps of breath. This happens mostly when I'm lying down, esp on my back. Should I be worried?
ill
Have you started ANC? What drugs were you given there? You can take those ones....
Routine drugs in pregnancy should include folic acid 5mg, Iron, vitamin c, vitamin b 12, calcium...
Pregnacare plus contains all that but is a bit pricey.So you can stick to what you were given at antenatal.

Your pregnancy is progressing, please avoid lying on your back. Lie on your side's, Left side preferably while you change to the right briefly when you are tired on your left.

You should be team November if am not mistaken! !! Please come here more often and learn from your team mates ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:50pm On May 08, 2016
Tallgirlslim:

My experienced mamas abeg was your second baby bigger than the first at birth? My first was 4 plus, I'm a little worried this one will be bigger, before the whole place will expand and spoil future kpekuse for sombori

My last baby was smaller than all the other babies. So it's possible the second one may be smaller.
Fret not, you go still enjoy your thing dey go.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peddylove(f): 3:51pm On May 08, 2016
sugah:
These june mamas na una small pass but na una complain pass grin
See me already fearing 3rd trimester cry

May God see us all through this wonderful journey with our LOs in our arms at the end In Jesus name, Amen.

Fellow September mamas, if you can please do start shopping oooo. Divide the list into priority and shop for items small small now we are still in the fun 2nd trimester stage. Cos all these 3rd trimester wahala might not be nice to now add stress of walking around the market looking for baby items.

#September for supernatural delivery

Sugah, u just said my mind, was about posting this.
As a matter of fact, try to do all baby shopping before end of 2nd trimester o, its not easy to waddle in the market with 3rd trimester bump.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 3:55pm On May 08, 2016
Jennifer89:
Happy Sunday sweet MOTHERS! whatz up? Missmalachi thanks for motivating me. I've started drawing my eyebrows lol. not perfect but its good.
Uwc......u can also check youtube for more n b4 u knw it u will b a pro.i didnt go to makeup sch but am very good all thanks to youtube.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:59pm On May 08, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Mummy, you deserve some e-flogging on your bum bum oo shocked shocked shocked shocked : shocked. You mean from day 1 of conception to more than 3months, you haven't taken any tablet containing folic acid? Mummy, you are not kind to that baby at all. The first 3months of conception ARE very critical in a baby 's formation. What you take at that stage determines how your baby will look cos major organs are formed during that stage!! BUT you have been reading from us here na.....we talk about drugs here not just malaria or TT. We don't take those drugs for fun o ooo, most of us dont even like drugs! We take it for our babies sake! We don't want them coming out with deformed ears, spinal cord, etc.
You need to apologise to that baby o ooo......
Please start your drugs immediately with daily prayers that you have not harmed that bundle of joy in you already! !!!

I took folic acid in the early part of my preg. I started ANC last month but wasn't given any drugs. My next date is 19th of this month. I will start taking the others asap and also pray too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 4:01pm On May 08, 2016
XX01:
Hello supernatural birth mamas,
Had no miscarriage, no pregnancy for the past 5 years before God blessed me with this belle. I am due in November and just praying that this one sticks around for the long haul.
This baby have come to stay.
You will carry your baby come November 2016.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 4:07pm On May 08, 2016
To ALL OUR MAMA'S here oo, those duely registered here and those still peeping, in ghost mode EVEN OUR BELOVED TTC SISTERS who come here once in a while to share with us, PLEASE oo, daily intake of folic acid should be a MUST for all of us ooo....
For those of us already pregnant, it helps to prevent deformation of the spinal cord and other spinal related deformities. Our babies will be formed beautifully with complete toes and fingers positioned where they should be!
For our TTC SISTERS, it enhances conception. Also, most times we don't even know that we are pregnant and a month will pass. Our daily intake of folic acid prevents deformation of that baby during that period we didn't know we have taken in....

Let's US ALL take our daily routine drugs seriously! ! Our target should be not to skip a day if possible! We are happy about the LOs growing in us, let's give them all they need while there to form beautifully! You don't like swallowing drugs, please put in eba or take with juice or a glass of milk! If you usually forget, set a daily alarm as reminder!
Babies born these days are beautiful...thanks to these routine drugs and what their mother's eat during the pregnancy .You no wan make your own carry last oooooo

Team captains, e b like say we go dey include am as reminder during roll calls ooo...
#Healthy babies #Take your routine drugs

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.