Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124998 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meme5: 12:25am On Sep 20, 2014
iyaibeji2:

Pls my sister, I would like to know how you coped with withdrawal of the cyclogest. Any cramping or sorts? Thanks.
I didnt go off it at once. I was taking twice daily (12hourly). When my doc told me I should stop at once, dat the placenta has taken over d production of progesterone. I was scared n started taken 18hours. Used for like 3days, den changed to 24 hours for like 3days, den 36hours..... I weaned myself off it gradually even though d doc said I could stop at once. U can also read online about how to stop cyclogest. Most articles suggest gradually not at once. I didnt feel any cramp at all. During that period, I always had d cyclogest in my bag so I can use if I feel any cramp but I didnt. At how many weeks is ur doc suggesting u stop? Someone on this thread even mentioned her doc asked her to use till 36weeks n dat was wat she did.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meme5: 12:31am On Sep 20, 2014
tchiwinnie: @Rukemi, body dey inside cloth o.lol
@ mydreams25, dont b afraid of kpekusing o, u need am in "quantum" nw.lol
@ all mamas, i hail o. who has d baton nw?
Julieni, juliebest, mamaabike, skimpychick, kingskidddie, meme5, dhabeautyjas, all a-z mamas wey dey MIA, i hail o

grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2014
imurboss:

Thanks dear,I'm just pushing the pushing o,lol! Just when I thought I have escaped this vomiting that was when the thing dealt with me but it was just for one day share & I discovered it was just because I didn't eat on time, wish I will skip it throughout this 1st trimester. How's ur boy, hope u're preparing to give him a play mate grin

All the pushing mamas in the house, una doooooooh!

eiya. ndo babe. Yes always eat on time. That yellow vomit could be annoying. God will reward us jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenonye(f): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi everyone,this is my first time here. I'm about 6weeks and I just notices some brownish discharge or blood..is it normal pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meme5: 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
where everybody? Someone pls ans Jenonye's question.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2014
Jenonye: Hi everyone,this is my first time here. I'm about 6weeks and I just notices some brownish discharge or blood..is it normal pls?
go for a scan. it ll show if d pregnancy s intact. bt pls just calm down and trust God for d best.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2014
Jenonye: Hi everyone,this is my first time here. I'm about 6weeks and I just notices some brownish discharge or blood..is it normal pls?
Welcome.
A lil brown spotting in preggy is normal. There are several things that occur during preggy that could explain brown discharge. It may be your system getting rid of old blood(brownish discharge/blood),which is normal.
Generally, brownish discharge @4-7weeks of preggy is quite common/inevitable. But it should be comparatively clear not like a blood clot, odorless or mild smelling, and it shouldn't be accompanied with cramps etc.
In a nutshell, I'd advice you schedule an appointment with ya doctor now or whenever u notice any changes in your discharge(you know one's discharge serves as more or less a clue as to what happened or is happening in one's internal system) to rule out anything serious,if there is.
Wish u a stress free period....

Tchwinnie, otses and others.. Thanks for the mention. Hope everything is calm..... The Lord is ur strength.
Kejibabe simababe chifreke topsmum joy4mi nkemmella iyabeji and other new moms....how are your LO(s)? .... Pls massage their waist wella on my behalf......
I nicked dhabeautyjas 's 30gig memory so I could mention all the monikers here off-hand but when I inserted it to my memory, I found out that her's is chinko..... Wasn't 30gig all those whille but 8gig.... She is a huge fan of "copy and paste".....
So mamas as my memory no fit remember all una names, I hereby gve a huge shout out to A-Z mamas on this thread........ May God continue bless ur kpekusing and vigilante ministry.... May your ogas @ the top continue to destabilize, "dorisia-lize", and "kwakwasia-lize" that tosky of yours for your own good and also the benefit of the community @large.... Kikiki....
Una doo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joy4mi(f): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2014
LyndaRoyce:
Welcome.
A lil brown spotting in preggy is normal. There are several things that occur during preggy that could explain brown discharge. It may be your system getting rid of old blood(brownish discharge/blood),which is normal.
Generally, brownish discharge @4-7weeks of preggy is quite common/inevitable. But it should be comparatively clear not like a blood clot, odorless or mild smelling, and it shouldn't be accompanied with cramps etc.
In a nutshell, I'd advice you schedule an appointment with ya doctor now or whenever u notice any changes in your discharge(you know one's discharge serves as more or less a clue as to what happened or is happening in one's internal system) to rule out anything serious,if there is.
Wish u a stress free period....

Tchwinnie, otses and others.. Thanks for the mention. Hope everything is calm..... The Lord is ur strength.
Kejibabe simababe chifreke topsmum joy4mi nkemmella iyabeji and other new moms....how are your LO(s)? .... Pls massage their waist wella on my behalf......
I nicked dhabeautyjas 's 30gig memory so I could mention all the monikers here off-hand but when I inserted it to my memory, I found out that her's is chinko..... Wasn't 30gig all those whille but 8gig.... She is a huge fan of "copy and paste".....
So mamas as my memory no fit remember all una names, I hereby gve a huge shout out to A-Z mamas on this thread........ May God continue bless ur kpekusing and vigilante ministry.... May your ogas @ the top continue to destabilize, "dorisia-lize", and "kwakwasia-lize" that tosky of yours for your own good and also the benefit of the community @large.... Kikiki....
Una doo
lindia-rosy sho wapa. As u rememba my own name,ur memory card no go carry virus.
A-Z mamas una doo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2014
tchiwinnie: @Rukemi, body dey inside cloth o.lol
@ mydreams25, dont b afraid of kpekusing o, u need am in "quantum" nw.lol
@ all mamas, i hail o. who has d baton nw?
Julieni, juliebest, mamaabike, skimpychick, kingskidddie, meme5, dhabeautyjas, all a-z mamas wey dey MIA, i hail o

Hi tchiwinnie, i hail you too. how ur lo, hope he's started enjoying his cereals now?
Wel done o, as u dey help mamas here, God bless u.

Oda mamas, how una dey?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Please all mamas,

I went for ANC on thursday and they gave me anitmalaria drug and tt injection #2. Since then, I have been having cold and cattarh with little headache and dizziness.

I got to the office this morning, only for other staff to be scared and say, I have to go home now as the new policy doesn't codone cold in office environment.

What can i take?

Though if it persist till tomorrow, i will have to go to the hospital to complain. I am 27weeks gone.

Thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
juliebest:

Hi tchiwinnie, i hail you too. how ur lo, hope he's started enjoying his cereals now?
Wel done o, as u dey help mamas here, God bless u.

Oda mamas, how una dey?
he fine dear. yess o, he s eating better nw. God bless u too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have gone to the hospital and the doctor gave me piriton and septrin but when i googled septrin with pregnancy, I discovered its not good in third trimester.

Please mamas what do i do?

I really need ur help.
Lyndaroyce, donatee and other mamas abeg answer naaa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
ToyosiR: I have gone to the hospital and the doctor gave me piriton and septrin but when i googled septrin with pregnancy, I discovered its not good in third trimester.

Please mamas what do i do?

I really need ur help.
Lyndaroyce, donatee and other mamas abeg answer naaa

sorry dear... I can imagine what u re going through... I suffered cold at a point in my pregnancy... Before i proceed with my little contribution, i want you to know that cold is a symptom of a lot of infections such as Malaria. Now first and foremost, go and do a malaria investigative test... If the result comes out positive, then you have to treat for malaria which is the root cause... As for the cold, you just might have to try these home remedies- Get raw ginger and blend it then boil it a bit to extract the juice. Mix the juice with honey and lime juice as well and be sipping it as often as you can... As for the catarrh, put Robb in a plastic bowl and pour very hot water into it. Put your head into the bowl and inhale the steam that will be coming out with your head and shoulder covered by a huge towel... you can do this thrice daily till you get relief... Then take vitamin C as well with lots of oranges... If you are having blocked nose, you can get a Robb inhaler...That was what I used during my own time to prevent blockage for my nostrils. Avoid cold medications in pregnancy, most of them are not safe... Get well soon. sending you lots of positive healing energy. Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenonye(f): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
@LyndaRoyce and @tchiwinnie thx a lot. Actually went for a scan today and everything is ok with d baby. But this morning I started having this lower back ache.. Googled and found out that its normal.is it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Jenonye: @LyndaRoyce and @tchiwinnie thx a lot. Actually went for a scan today and everything is ok with d baby. But this morning I started having this lower back ache.. Googled and found out that its normal.is it?

Lower back ache is very normal.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2014
Please I have a very important question. Has there been any here that had ulcer? How did you manage with the ulcer and pregnancy. I need answers asap. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
ToyosiR: Please all mamas,

I went for ANC on thursday and they gave me anitmalaria drug and tt injection #2. Since then, I have been having cold and cattarh with little headache and dizziness.

I got to the office this morning, only for other staff to be scared and say, I have to go home now as the new policy doesn't codone cold in office environment.

What can i take?

Though if it persist till tomorrow, i will have to go to the hospital to complain. I am 27weeks gone.

Thanks in advance

Cold and cattarh is almost inevitable in pregnancy esp 2nd trimester, just hang in there. you can reduce your fan and ac inhalation, then also take warm garlic and ginger juice , add little honey to taste. it will relieve you fast. pele deae
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Jenonye: @LyndaRoyce and @tchiwinnie thx a lot. Actually went for a scan today and everything is ok with d baby. But this morning I started having this lower back ache.. Googled and found out that its normal.is it?

lower back ache is normal. it will go. the brownish discharge may be inplantation blood. good you have gone to thte hospital, /May u carry to term insha All*ah

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
mytestimony: Please I have a very important question. Has there been any here that had ulcer? How did you manage with the ulcer and pregnancy. I need answers asap. Thanks
dear, you need to eat on time and always keep snacks and fruits in you bag. biscuits, apples, coconut can come in handy, reduce your orange and oat intake as they aid fast digestion and can make you prone to attacks of the ulcer. then try not to take too peppery food
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pepperless: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi all the mamas in the house. I just stumbled upon this thread and am so loving it. Am in ♏Ɣ second trims and i usually have dis splittin headache even though i dont usually stress myself. Although was told τ̅☺ be takin paracetamol anytime i feel the headache but am scared τ̅☺ take too much paracetamol. Is the headache normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Headache is normal, as long as it is not too severe. paracetamol is ok, but the best thing is to be taking lots of water. Always take water and if you like water melon, take it too, it will soon stop. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy, may you carry to term and deliver like the Hebrew women.
pepperless: Hi all the mamas in the house. I just stumbled upon this thread and am so loving it. Am in ♏Ɣ second trims and i usually have dis splittin headache even though i dont usually stress myself. Although was told τ̅☺ be takin paracetamol anytime i feel the headache but am scared τ̅☺ take too much paracetamol. Is the headache normal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello mommies.
Let me say welldone to the a-z mamas..you are all amazing.

Am in my second trimester..the problem now is I cant drink water...my mouth is so bitter but I manage to take very cold water cos am always thirsty...water makes me nauseaous

Secondly,I just concluded my malaria treatment but I feel very weak..I just want to lay in bed all day..sometimes to eat will be a very huge and difficult task..I realy don't know what to do.

Presently I hate fruits(I manage apples),vegetables(the sight is ewww),meat(I myt consider it if its fried),fish(no),egg(NO)...I hope it wont have any side effects on my baby?

Please help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hernyolar: Hello mommies.
Let me say welldone to the a-z mamas..you are all amazing.

Am in my second trimester..the problem now is I cant drink water...my mouth is so bitter but I manage to take very cold water cos am always thirsty...water makes me nauseaous

Secondly,I just concluded my malaria treatment but I feel very weak..I just want to lay in bed all day..sometimes to eat will be a very huge and difficult task..I realy don't know what to do.

Presently I hate fruits(I manage apples),vegetables(the sight is ewww),meat(I myt consider it if its fried),fish(no),egg(NO)...I hope it wont have any side effects on my baby?

Please help

If cold water works for you, then continue...there is no harm to you or your baby.

Your aversion to certain foods is understandable. Just ensure you eat enough of yhe foods you can stand, and ensure you take your pre-natal vitamins regularly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by edwife(f): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
lyndaroyce, chifreke, dhabeautyjas, beevan,beckytunde , rukemi291, joy4mi, donatee, tchwinnie and the rest,please forgive me it has been long.

I had to copy and paste,i just came to greet y'all and see how you all doing.

I thank God for each and everyone for keeping your family safe and healthy.

To all the new mamas it is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
dear, you need to eat on time and always keep snacks and fruits in you bag. biscuits, apples, coconut can come in handy, reduce your orange and oat intake as they aid fast digestion and can make you prone to attacks of the ulcer. then try not to take too peppery food

Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pepperless: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tnx julie
juliebest: Headache is normal, as long as it is not too severe. paracetamol is ok, but the best thing is to be taking lots of water. Always take water and if you like water melon, take it too, it will soon stop. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy, may you carry to term and deliver like the Hebrew women.
Tnx julie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi House,
I'm in my 3rd trimester, my navel is still inside and my tummy is not even scratching me. Hope its okay? or am i lucky?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014

At six weeks it is normal its called "implantation bleeding" thats when the fertilized egg goes into the uterus to implant for the remainder od the pregnancy until birth.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by atonementchild: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Also had TT injection also and started feeling feverish also. I think its just a day or two thing I'm sure its the effect of the drug. Same thing happened when i took malaria medicine,you will feel fine few days later. Just rest,take lots of fluids and fruits.
I hail all the mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
@Preshila, dhabeautyjas . Thanks so much. I really appreciate.

Thanks. I am better now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
rezzy: Hi House,
I'm in my 3rd trimester, my navel is still inside and my tummy is not even scratching me. Hope its okay? or am i lucky?

Lucky u, I'm 29wks nw and i just received d shock of my life two days ago(i saw stretch marks on my stomach). I've started scratching, lower backache and I'm easily irritated dis days. God will see us through. I greet all of una

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Besea:
Lucky u, I'm 29wks nw and i just received d shock of my life two days ago(i saw stretch marks on my stomach). I've started scratching, lower backache and I'm easily irritated dis days. God will see us through. I greet all of una

Amen. **smiles*

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Xtiana250 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.