Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8139562 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mzleemah:
Sabi mamas, please What Is the right dosage of folic acid to be taken daily because the one I bought contains 5mg of folic acid and 5mcg of vitamin B12.

From what i gather, you can't really overdose on folic acid. Folic acid is also not retianed in the body so you need it daily. One of those tablets is okay per day.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
HWA, blessedmum.
Happy birthday enque and emerald22.

Bimsusy, I have a 22 month old but I prefer vigilante to all this aches and pains everywhere.

Iomoge2 dat supreme looks Bae. I used Juno crotchet braids to do dada. My stylist swore it will last 2 months+

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
@ Fadedglory ,sorry about what's happening to you now. Try to keep hope alive and survive for you and your baby. Did your hubby send you packing or you left on your own? If its not a case of physical assault or chronic cheating, pls can't it be worked out?
Cos you said you don't want your Mum to know the situation of things. I feel that leaves hope for reconciliation.

Pls if your marriage can still be salvaged and its not your hubby that pushed you out, just return to your husband's house, my sister. You don't have to go cap in hand to beg him. Just enter your house and sit down. Seeing you return may humble him and cause him to seek reconciliation too. Sometimes, men can be too proud to pursue their wife who they didn't chase out in the first place. Even his family may feel them as the husbands ppl shouldn't beg you if nobody sent you away. Unfortunately, that's the kind of society we live in.

I don't know what went on in your marriage but maybe since you are using an anonymous moniker, if you open up just maybe mamas will advise you more from an unbiased perspective. God's grace.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hmmm life is very unpredictable! All I can say is it is well cry

Please mamas let's rise for one of US. I'm shedding tears knowing who is behind fadedglory! Life is not fair indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mzleemah:
Sabi mamas, please What Is the right dosage of folic acid to be taken daily because the one I bought contains 5mg of folic acid and 5mcg of vitamin B12.

Soonest

One tablet a day is all you need. Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzleemah(f): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
XX01:

From what i gather, you can't really overdose on folic acid. Folic acid is also not retianed in the body so you need it daily. One of those tablets is okay per day.

soonest:

One tablet a day is all you need. Cheers

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
enque:
You are my birthday mate smiley smiley. Happy birthday to us

Happy birthday to you both, more glorious celebration ahead.
Cc Emerald22
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
TeeteeK:
My Girls arrived on Oct 8 at 37weeks weighing 2.6Kg and 3.3Kg,All praises belong to God. Everyone is doing great, grateful for all the info I got here.
Congrats mama twins God bless them.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fadedglory:
Good day beautiful ladies,
This is deep. YOU need all the support u can get from ur family right now. there's no way ur mum is not going to find out what happened and it's better she hears it from u.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
@ fadedglory since u want 2 remain anonymous 4rm ur regular moniker pls b sure ny mama contacting u is really ready 2 help b4 confiding in dem n not just wanting 2 know d person behind d new moniker. Cos many pple r just curious n not really in a position 2 help. I ll say confide in ur mum pls. God gat u.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Like I said before, Fadedglory, if you can try n open up to us as your E-family ,we may help you better. I am looking at long term o not the present. Single motherhood is not easy. What happened?

A family that has a funded joint account didn't start out on a weak loveless note. That man loved you to have consented to a joint account with funds in it.

I wish my pm worked well I would have chatted you up. My heart really goes out to you. I repeat that isn't it possible to work things out with your hubby, dear? Is all hope totally lost? Will you just give up and allow another woman come in to reap where you sowed? It is well with you, ma.

If you want to reconcile with your hubby without feeling like you are a weakling, I can tutor you on that cos I had such an experience while we were courting. We didn't live together but at a point, I relocated and rented a house just to be closer to him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buccee: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
Happy birthday enque and emerald22, many blissful years ahead.

Fadedglory make God restore and provide.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
Where is Mama Ekene @ Liftedhands. Please pop in to say hi to us. I personally miss your advice's and post.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
My marriage is over and done for. My prayer is for God to free the father of my child from any evil bondage. A repeat offender is who my husband is, for how long will I continue to endure?

@Loisemm and realdentist I want to give my mum a little time to get over my dad's passing before I tell her. Don't want to add another misfortune to her sorrows so soon.

Another woman is in my home already I am staying away and far so he doesn't take my only eye from me.

I've made up my mind to move on for me and my son's safety. Enough is enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Over the palmoil matter.
As a Yoruba o, there is nothing palmoil cannot be used for....and there is no one that cannot use it.
Sugar is to the minimal.
Honey is a big fat NO.

The palmoil and sugar helps to ease chesty cough and is an age-long remedy. Palmoil is used when stooling gets out of hand, when kids convulse too, palmoil is used to calm them down. It is rubbed on insect bites to reduce swolleness and itchiness.
Even on the day of the naming in a typical Yoruba setting, a drop of oil is placed on baby's lips. It is called "ero" meaning "antidote ".

I am not so much bothered about what remedy you should use but how a 6 week old child got cough. I understand if there is an older sibling. Those ones can pack germs like nansense. Or you live in a dusty area.
Usually once cold sets in, get ready for cough so do all you can to let the catarrh flow so it doesn't graduate to cough.
If not please mind those that kiss baby all in the name of love. Even you. Don't even let them put baby's fingers in their mouth.

Please see your Dr. but if all prescribed drugs( they won't give you cough syrup o) don't work in 3 days, use the palmoil and sugar. Just a tip of your finger is ok.

Jamjam5000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
iomoge2:

Cc
Ozyc I
My baby is up to a year.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fadedglory:

My marriage is over and done for. My prayer is for God to free the father of my child from any evil bondage.

You have said another thing significant. Evil bondage. Do u feel ur hubby is under evil bondage? If so, pray and seek spiritual assistance from church/mosque. And if physical assault is not involved, go back and 'fight' for your man. You want one small girl from nowhere to come n chop where she did not sow? Involve your ppl if you think it wise and maybe the two families can meet and settle the issue. That is if it has passed what you two can settle. I am so sorry once again. May your life and light become brighter after this storm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
MumZ:
@ fadedglory since u want 2 remain anonymous 4rm ur regular moniker pls b sure ny mama contacting u is really ready 2 help b4 confiding in dem n not just wanting 2 know d person behind d new moniker. Cos many pple r just curious n not really in a position 2 help. I ll say confide in ur mum pls. God gat u.
Exactly my thought .......i know it wont be easy cos of the new moniker but she needs to stay hidden for some reasons.

But meeeehnnn all this babes out der looking for ready made man to clinged too.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariegurl(f): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please am a first time mum to be. I found out I was preg last week(5weeks+) and a friend just informed me now that am supposed to have been taking Pregnacare/folic Acid to avoid health issues from my baby.i have started using it since last Saturday. Please mummies in the house, hope my baby is safe.thank uuu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Tnks ozycy, realdentist, feddy27, stepmiracle, mumZ. Am jst confused, yes I once said iIdidn't knw if I was circumcised, she said it's d massaging type. Dat it makes women or girls not to flirt or b SEX frek......

I told her once to stop it oo, she jst asked, if iIwant my girl to b dis ND dat....... I replied dat iIend to confirm frm my friends here ist. Dat such has stopped.

Wil tell her tomorrow morning, cos she goes ND com, as we re leaving close.
. Tnks dearie. Dis network, glo expecially is bad here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
We all know the person behind the fadedglory moniker.
I can and will vouch for her any day and anytime.
Please help her if you can.
I'm sure that if she left her matrimonial home, she did because she had no other choice and I respect her decision.
It takes a lot to pack your things and leave. Knowing there are some things that aren't movable, some that you have to let go of. It takes a lot.
What will people say?
How will I cope?
Where will I go?
Where will I start from?
Is it really better out there?
Fadedglory please post your account details.
I don't have much now but In Sha Allah by month end I will certainly send something in.
Regards to your boy kiss
And don't think it. If you do, do small small. Hypertension is a life long illness. It becomes worse just when it is time for you to enjoy the fruit of your hard work.
This too shall pass Sis.

I love my husband and from all indications he loves me more but I can NEVER EVER EVER have joint account with any human being.... or build house together..... if he cannot buy land or build house for me.... let him buy or build for himself. I will keep my small money till I can do me.
Even business, I can loan you capital but I want no share in your business. Pay me back my money and go your way in peace. I will use my money and do me.

People change! Even me.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ariegurl:
Please am a first time mum to be. I found out I was preg last week(5weeks+) and a friend just informed me now that am supposed to have been taking Pregnacare/folic Acid to avoid health issues from my baby.i have started using it since last Saturday. Please mummies in the house, hope my baby is safe.thank uuu
Welcome on-board.....you baby is sure fine
Ensure u take ur routine drugs regularly.

Als identify ur teammates n mingle

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ariegurl:

Your baby is fine. kiss
Stop worrying. Fetuses are stronger than we give them credit for.
Some don't even take those drugs at all and the babies come out looking fresh and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
@ zaynie u hv said it all.
I can also vounch for the person behind the moniker fededglory.pls letz all help in our little way.

Having joint account does nt stop one from having their personal account also.

Having a joint house in each persons name is also nt a bad idea eg mr missmalachi and mrs missmalachi will gv u right to it in case of gbege.

May God help us all.no one wnt evil on there home so we tend nt to plan for worst since we dont expect one.

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
enque:
You are my birthday mate smiley smiley. Happy birthday to us

Wow, happy birthday to u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
MumZ:
Good advice.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:
Over the palmoil matter.
As a Yoruba o, there is nothing palmoil cannot be used for....and there is no one that cannot use it.
Sugar is to the minimal.
Honey is a big fat NO.

The palmoil and sugar helps to ease chesty cough and is an age-long remedy. Palmoil is used when stooling gets out of hand, when kids convulse too, palmoil is used to calm them down. It is rubbed on insect bites to reduce swolleness and itchiness.
Even on the day of the naming in a typical Yoruba setting, a drop of oil is placed on baby's lips. It is called "ero" meaning "antidote ".

I am not so much bothered about what remedy you should use but how a 6 week old child got cough. I understand if there is an older sibling. Those ones can pack germs like nansense. Or you live in a dusty area.
Usually once cold sets in, get ready for cough so do all you can to let the catarrh flow so it doesn't graduate to cough.
If not please mind those that kiss baby all in the name of love. Even you. Don't even let them put baby's fingers in their mouth.

Please see your Dr. but if all prescribed drugs( they won't give you cough syrup o) don't work in 3 days, use the palmoil and sugar. Just a tip of your finger is ok.

Jamjam5000
Antidote for poison especially when the child accidentally drink kerosene or eat soap.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fadedglory:
My marriage is over and done for. My prayer is for God to free the father of my child from any evil bondage. A repeat offender is who my husband is, for how long will I continue to endure?

@Loisemm and realdentist I want to give my mum a little time to get over my dad's passing before I tell her. Don't want to add another misfortune to her sorrows so soon.

Another woman is in my home already I am staying away and far so he doesn't take my only eye from me.

I've made up my mind to move on for me and my son's safety. Enough is enough.
Hmmmm, it is well with you ma, may God raise an helper from above.

This issue of marriage, u can't predict what will happen next. God help women to face the challenges of life.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Dunni29:
Congratulations Teeteek on your arrivals. May the girls be a constant source of joy in your family and those they have contact with.

Happy birthday to you both Enque and Emerald 22. LLNP
Thanks dear.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
SisiNini:

Happy Birthday enque and Emerald22... May you experience more of God's blessings and love... Amen...
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ariegurl:
Yes, that's what you need. Happy bumping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
SisiNini:

Happy Birthday enque and Emerald22... May you experience more of God's blessings and love... Amen...
Thanks ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.