Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125603 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:13am On May 25, 2017
curvilicious:
I'm happy it happened but everything seem to be downside up for me cry
If sleep a/c wahala, i sleep bed e go b like say d bed too small, i sleep ground very ok but then my feet nd palms will want to froze. Catarrh, heavy eyes, if u just touch me where i manage sleep na watchnight i go b till daybreak ,headache, drinking ordinary water is battle dh is so worried.
I been no lazy but the whole thing don turn me to garri bag
Is this how d thing is?
Enjoy it sis dats part of d joy of motherhood grin. God is ur strength sweetie.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:29am On May 25, 2017
folash:
Oya everybody clear road oooo... Porting all the way from ATC... Have dreamt of this day all my life, and I wondered when it would come.... but here I am today.
mummy zay.nie wey my red carpet and golden chair.....
Team January toh badt gan... where are my team mates; curvilicio.us and others... hope we have a cappo already....
Thank u Lord!!!! Finally.....
Wow! Finally I get to rejoice with you. Congrats darling d journey shall be easy for u ijn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:50am On May 25, 2017
goodfortun:
Greetings pretty preggy mammas! Help needed! Started noticing swollen feet on Sunday and it still persists though I'm tryina keep it elevated. Has anyone experienced this? Esp this early? #25weeks #teamseptemberforeasydelivery

Happens especially when you stress yourself.
Sometimes it's harmless and will go after a good sleep and elevated legs or many visits to the toilet.

Be sure to note it to your Dr on your next anc appointment.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:52am On May 25, 2017
folash:
Oya everybody clear road oooo... Porting all the way from ATC... Have dreamt of this day all my life, and I wondered when it would come.... but here I am today.
mummy zaynie wey my red carpet and golden chair.....
Team January toh badt gan... where are my team mates; curvilicious and others... hope we have a cappo already....
Thank u Lord!!!! Finally.....

Welcome mama.
Have a healthy and fruitful pregnancy.
Abeg siddon with shakara kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:53am On May 25, 2017
richu89:
Hello every one...am so happy to be here...was formally team september but i had a missed miscarriage in march...now am team january..for d mama asking about the price of rhogam..its 35k in abuja as of march dat i bought it.

Welcome and have a healthy and fruitful pregnancy. kiss
There shall be no more loss in your life by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:56am On May 25, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
I got my second dose of TTT injection yesterday with malaria drug at 22. 5days pregnant. But immediately I took d malaria drug last night, it didn't stay 30mins before my system changed. I vomited shege. I have vomited twice today already and am very weak. Pls is it that I have malaria or the drug is just too powerful.
Pls help respond. Anyone experienced this?
CC: all mama's

Happened to me in my first pregnancy and turned out I had malaria already (but it hadn't started manifesting) the drugs just fingered it out cos it wasn't strong enough to cure the MP.
Go to the hospital for proper treatment.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:01am On May 25, 2017
spiceeamiee:
So much has happened on this thread these last few days. Congrats to all mamas from the TTC thread and all others. Happy and healthy bumping to us all. #TeamJuly, how far na? Where we at?? How the go dey go? The insomnia I have these days is on another level. I barely sleep 3hours at night. I usually sleep by 9/10pm and wake up by 12/1am to stare at the ceiling till 5:30 when I have to prepare to go to work. No longer funny jare.. angry angry

Abeg sabi mamas, I went for routine checkup two weeks ago and doctor couldn't pick up baby's heartbeat so he asked I do a scan. By then, I was 28w6d. The scan picked up that baby was alright but that amniotic fluid was slightly above normal and baby measuring 31w5d, weighing 1.7kg with EDD being 14/07. Haa.. I went online to read about effects of above normal amniotic which is called Mild Polyhydramnios (there is acute and severe depending on how much the fluid was) and the things I saw was not funny o. I was very scared even to pray but I summoned courage and started decreeing health to my baby, called my Mom and my sister and told them to stand in the gap for me. Trust my Mummy. She calls 5am everyday and we hold a 30mins prayer session on phone before I and hubby's morning devotion. I went for another scan and to the glory of God, amniotic fluids are back to normal but baby is still two weeks ahead ie 32w3days whereas by LMP I should be 30w4d with baby's weight being 2.1kg and EDD now 16/07.

Please how do I reduce my baby's weight invitro? I have added a total of 18kg since I got pregnant but I have maintained a steady weight of 85.5kg for the past 5weeks. My fruits consist mainly of mangoes/cucumbers/avocados and I have cut down on carbs, cakes, ice cream, etc, at least not as I used to consume before. Please how do I reduce my baby's weight? Your advice is seriously needed. embarassed embarassed embarassed

You can't anything about the weight in vitro.
Just eat healthy (don't starve yourself) .
Your baby's weight might be all about genetics, maybe you or the dad were quite hefty at birth.
It could also be that you ovulated earlier than you assume. If youvhad irregular or long intervals (say 35-40 days) between periods, there is always that tendency to miscalculate LMP.
Also scan adds some small jara to weight most times. For all you know your baby isn't that big.
Just sit tight and enjoy your pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:51am On May 25, 2017
Ladivva u can mail me on iyomomo2015@gmail.com can't reply pm's on NL.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oridiya: 7:55am On May 25, 2017
Dear ladies in the house. Good morning. I have been following you silently but today I have to speak out because I have an emergency.

I have had 2 miscarriages in first trimester and one living child who is 4 years old.

The last miscarriage was in November last yea. I started having sever back pain and spotting from the day I missed my period till 12 weeks. The scan kept showing that the baby was 1week behind. The baby finally stopped growing at 8.5weeks. I don't know if there was ever a heartbeat because the sonographer in the hospital was always saying there was a heartbeat. It was only when I went to an external Ultrasound that they told me The baby was already dead and not growing.

I am 7 weeks and 4days pregnant today. I also started having back pains from the day I missed my period. I saw some smelly brown clots on at 5weeks 1 day. I was put on cyclogest. The pain went and came back again at 6 weeks. Gestone was added and the doctor said he suspects an infection and gave me antibiotics. I also had a culture that same but when the result came out, there was no bacteria infection only yeast. The pain stopped when I toook gestone and antiobiotics and came back at 7weeks with red bleeding.

I am back to the hospital and I am on admission. I feel the doctors are not doing a good job. One doctor came and and put me on glucose and saline drip 1 litter. My temperature went from 36.7 c to 34.88 c. I started complaining and they said it's nothing. When the drip finished they wanted to add more Glucose drip, I asked them to please do me a casting blood sugar and they found out my sugar level was now 205mg/dl. The nurse was still trying to force me to take the glucose drip. I refused and called for the doctor. That was when the now gave me on saline. The sugar then came down to 70 after 3 hours. 1 hour later it went up to 90 again. Mind you I have not eaten anything.

So my sugar has been going up without any food.

The pain in my back is getting worse. They were giving me painkillers before but I stopped because I I found out that it's an opiod.

Pls can someone recommend a good doctor in Lagos that can handle high risk pregnancy. I have pcos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 8:09am On May 25, 2017
God will not give you more than what you can carry, don't worry

spiceeamiee:
shocked shocked cry cry..I am officially scared. My husband and his family are quite big. Only the first and second born are of average weight. My husband is the last of 9children and he is bigger than their first and second born. Why Oh why didn't this baby carry my petite body? undecided undecided

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:48am On May 25, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
How are the sexy #TeamJune mama's doing?
Hope we have finished shopping and all our bags are packed?
May is almost gone, June is just a few days away!
The good Lord shall perfect all dat concerns us before, during and after delivery.
All our needs shall be met sufficiently according to His riches in glory!
We shall suffer no complications during childbirth nor any loss In Jesus mighty name Amen!!!

Blossomedcherry ; where you don carry our triplets run go? Hope y'all are doing great? Pls drop a word.

Orente21 ; How far now, hope u Neva port o? Lol.

Suzzy4God kiss

Toriella ; hello, u scarce o!

Nobledeals ; where & how have u been?

Burticious ; Oga how ur DW? It has tey o!

Omolayo29 kiss

Rollykotex ; how are you doing mama, it's been a very long while you came in here ,hope u& baby are good?

Mofy1 kiss

Perfectcrown kiss

Oamronnie ; how's our may baby?

Targatarga kiss

Chinweotito kiss

I4eva kiss

Mizzy2posh ; how are u mama, hope the spotting eventually stopped ?

Benignasweety ; hope u're feeling better?

Tiwatopebam ;

Aww thanks ó madam.. We lost the pregnancy at 6 months due to incompetent cervix, dw went to do scan at another place when I wasn't around.. So the yeye doctor only checked the baby and didn't check the cervix.. Dw Is óne workaholic person, she can't stay for just 1hr without doing something, and only bed rest could have prevent the incident, it was a terrible thing, but thank God all the same..and we have learnt our lesson.. We are now at another 9 week now.. Porting to EDD December.. Pray for us..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 8:48am On May 25, 2017
Thanks ma. Much better today. Will go to the hospital for proper check

zaynie:

Happened to me in my first pregnancy and turned out I had malaria already (but it hadn't started manifesting) the drugs just fingered it out cos it wasn't strong enough to cure the MP.
Go to the hospital for proper treatment.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 10:12am On May 25, 2017
Gdmrng mothers. Trust every1 is doing great? Sharp sharp delivery to us all in Jesus Name!

Pls ders smting dat has bn an issue to me. When i was breastfeeding my first baby,i couldnt take foods like milk,fish,crayfish,okro,eggs cause if i do,i'll have HIVES RASH all over my body. Der was a night dat hubby had to rush me to d hosp very late in d nyt cus i was covered with HIVES RASH! The only thing dat helped a bit was a medication called BENADRYYL but i cldnt take it for long cus of my baby. Well it all stopped 7months into breastfeeding.

I've been so afraid dat it shld not repeat itself in dis 2nd breastfeeding cus ive bn enjoying all d listed food above snc 2016 only for dis hives rash ro surface three dats ago wen i never evn born or start breastfeeding.

I dont kn if any mother has exprienced dis. Its so so annoying dat i cant eat all dos while breatfeeding. I dnt kn wat to do.

Pls your inputs will be appreciated.

Pls dnt jump and pass. Biko heeeellllp!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 10:25am On May 25, 2017
It is well oo, I kept typing roll call, I pray he will give you double for your loss. Thank God He answered you immediately. God will be with her and make her to carry to term. Please permit me to recommend this book 'SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH for her. Tell her to download and read.
burticious:

Aww thanks ó madam.. We lost the pregnancy at 6 months due to incompetent cervix, dw went to do scan at another place when I wasn't around.. So the yeye doctor only checked the baby and didn't check the cervix.. Dw Is óne workaholic person, she can't stay for just 1hr without doing something, and only bed rest could have prevent the incident, it was a terrible thing, but thank God all the same..and we have learnt I really lesson.. We are now at another 9 week now.. Porting to EDD December.. Pray for us..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:28am On May 25, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
I don even nominate before now self, so as ur senior and PA to d senior chief account of this great family @ mama Zaynie......I here by nominate u again as team jan2017 cappo.

Oya how them take dey do am?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by richu89: 10:36am On May 25, 2017
zaynie:

Welcome and have a healthy and fruitful pregnancy. kiss
There shall be no more loss in your life by God's grace.
amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:43am On May 25, 2017
zaynie:

Welcome mama.
Have a healthy and fruitful pregnancy.
Abeg siddon with shakara kiss

I dey jealous this chair o ma'am zaynie....Abeg reserve One for meee oooo lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 10:52am On May 25, 2017
perfectcrown:
Gdmrng mothers. Trust every1 is doing great? Sharp sharp delivery to us all in Jesus Name!

Pls ders smting dat has bn an issue to me. When i was breastfeeding my first baby,i couldnt take foods like milk,fish,crayfish,okro,eggs cause if i do,i'll have HIVES RASH all over my body. Der was a night dat hubby had to rush me to d hosp very late in d nyt cus i was covered with HIVES RASH! The only thing dat helped a bit was a medication called BENADRYYL but i cldnt take it for long cus of my baby. Well it all stopped 7months into breastfeeding.

I've been so afraid dat it shld not repeat itself in dis 2nd breastfeeding cus ive bn enjoying all d listed food above snc 2016 only for dis hives rash ro surface three dats ago wen i never evn born or start breastfeeding.

I dont kn if any mother has exprienced dis. Its so so annoying dat i cant eat all dos while breatfeeding. I dnt kn wat to do.

Pls your inputs will be appreciated.

Pls dnt jump and pass. Biko heeeellllp!!!
I don't know&can't say abt d causes u observed bt ppl swear by 'Epiderm' for such condition. u may jst av to be careful enough to buy d original. maybe u check standard pharmacies if u're interested.
do all av a fruitful day mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YorubaWoman: 11:03am On May 25, 2017
A.m, mommies
am 8.5weeks gone with eczema all over my face.
i want my fresh face back pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 11:18am On May 25, 2017
mignone:

I don't know&can't say abt d causes u observed bt ppl swear by 'Epiderm' for such condition. u may jst av to be careful enough to buy d original. maybe u check standard pharmacies if u're interested.
do all av a fruitful day mamas.

Really?!
Its safe in breastfeeding?
Thanks mama,i appreciate yr input.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:18am On May 25, 2017
curvilicious:

Oya senior cappo's come and teach dis mama o, just gather d names of ur teammate,their EDD(or LMP) and update.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:26am On May 25, 2017
YorubaWoman:
A.m, mommies
Laughing in Swahili, my sis just accept ur new logo ooo I have always had a face without a single pimple but if u see me now, d pimples build mansion and came with all its relative o wen I complained to my mama she just told me to accept my new status and be happy it wasn't eczema,but I think mamas here should be able to help u with a cream to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 11:34am On May 25, 2017
burticious:

Aww thanks ó madam.. We lost the pregnancy at 6 months due to incompetent cervix, dw went to do scan at another place when I wasn't around.. So the yeye doctor only checked the baby and didn't check the cervix.. Dw Is óne workaholic person, she can't stay for just 1hr without doing something, and only bed rest could have prevent the incident, it was a terrible thing, but thank God all the same..and we have learnt I really lesson.. We are now at another 9 week now.. Porting to EDD December.. Pray for us..
Please let her start antenatal early. If she truly has an incompetent cervix bed rest won't do anything. She needs to have a cerclage put in between 12 and 14 weeks. I lost two pregnancies at 27 and 25 weeks to incompetent cervix .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 11:38am On May 25, 2017
Thank u mamas for the welcome.... mummy zaynie I don siddon and balance well for the chair...... tanchu!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 11:39am On May 25, 2017
Chai! OK.. I will continue to eat healthily.

zaynie:

You can't anything about the weight in vitro.
Just eat healthy (don't starve yourself) .
Your baby's weight might be all about genetics, maybe you or the dad were quite hefty at birth.
It could also be that you ovulated earlier than you assume. If youvhad irregular or long intervals (say 35-40 days) between periods, there is always that tendency to miscalculate LMP.
Also scan adds some small jara to weight most times. For all you know your baby isn't that big.
Just sit tight and enjoy your pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YorubaWoman: 11:40am On May 25, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Laughing in Swahili, my sis just accept ur new logo ooo I have always had a face without a single pimple but if u see my now, d pimples build mansion and came with all its relative o wen I complained to my mama she just told me to accept my new status and be happy it wasn't eczema,but I think mamas here should be able to help u with a cream to use.
smiley smiley
I prefer pimples to eczema.
eczema makes me feel dirty.
thanks mama ejima sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 11:42am On May 25, 2017
Amen mama...

hunniesuzie:
God will not give you more than what you can carry, don't worry

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 11:42am On May 25, 2017
curvilicious:

See this our cappo wey no sabi her job smiley Gather the names of all your teamies with their edd and gender, and always do a routine roll call....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 11:45am On May 25, 2017
Sorry dear the lord is ur strength u baby is here. To stay u can pm me for D doc contact
Oridiya:
Dear ladies in the house. Good morning. I have been following you silently but today I have to speak out because I have an emergency.

I have had 2 miscarriages in first trimester and one living child who is 4 years old.

The last miscarriage was in November last yea. I started having sever back pain and spotting from the day I missed my period till 12 weeks. The scan kept showing that the baby was 1week behind. The baby finally stopped growing at 8.5weeks. I don't know if there was ever a heartbeat because the sonographer in the hospital was always saying there was a heartbeat. It was only when I went to an external Ultrasound that they told me The baby was already dead and not growing.

I am 7 weeks and 4days pregnant today. I also started having back pains from the day I missed my period. I saw some smelly brown clots on at 5weeks 1 day. I was put on cyclogest. The pain went and came back again at 6 weeks. Gestone was added and the doctor said he suspects an infection and gave me antibiotics. I also had a culture that same but when the result came out, there was no bacteria infection only yeast. The pain stopped when I toook gestone and antiobiotics and came back at 7weeks with red bleeding.

I am back to the hospital and I am on admission. I feel the doctors are not doing a good job. One doctor came and and put me on glucose and saline drip 1 litter. My temperature went from 36.7 c to 34.88 c. I started complaining and they said it's nothing. When the drip finished they wanted to add more Glucose drip, I asked them to please do me a casting blood sugar and they found out my sugar level was now 205mg/dl. The nurse was still trying to force me to take the glucose drip. I refused and called for the doctor. That was when the now gave me on saline. The sugar then came down to 70 after 3 hours. 1 hour later it went up to 90 again. Mind you I have not eaten anything.

So my sugar has been going up without any food.

The pain in my back is getting worse. They were giving me painkillers before but I stopped because I I found out that it's an opiod.

Pls can someone recommend a good doctor in Lagos that can handle high risk pregnancy. I have pcos
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 25, 2017
My people,how una dey? After 3yrs of peeping and a nasty ectopic pregnancy. The good God has blessed me to be team November. MS have greatly reduced. Cappo add me up, thanks.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 1:03pm On May 25, 2017
Lol, forget about it. It may go after first trim, or it may stay the whole 40 weeks. You need to be careful what you use especially in your 1st trim

YorubaWoman:
A.m, mommies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Queenetha(f): 1:15pm On May 25, 2017
Dear Sabi mamas, I hail all of una oo. please i av a question dts bothering me, for the sabi mamas that have delivered dr LOs, please how did u dispose the placenta? Did u leave it in d hospital or what?
Please make una no read, jump and pass oooo Ejo oo, Biko, Please... Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.