Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125423 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
modath:
@Bhukkie,
Hello, what gives you the impression that something is wrong? Why do you think cos you've experienced something bad in the past, it means that's your destiny in life.
Positive thoughts my sis,positive thoughts.

@missmalachi,
It seems we "old" mamas have scared ftms a bit? The thing with "most" private hospitals is that they don't have the financial muscle that GHs and FMCs have, if push comes to shove, how many of them can stand?
If you are registered with the reddigntons, st ives,eko, st nicholas in lag or diff,nisa premier and arewa in abuja, I won't have a thing to complain about since they charge so much that having "everything" is imperative.
A friend's neighbour had her baby at gwarinpa district hospital(old looking unattractive building) @ about 7mths and barely at a kg or so and the baby survived and is thriving today. My friend said the boy looked like an alien when she went with her neighbour to the nicu to peep and she never believed the child would make it. God did it using the expertise and necessary equiments.
At the end of the day though, don't people have babies @ iya alagbo's and cac missions..God is in charge of everything jare!!
It sha well jare
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
please help me. I gave birth 2weeks ago and my tummy is still rigid although it has gone down a bit. it aches sometimes alongside my vagina. I don't know what to do again. I do d joara thing myself. if there is any other thing I can do I am open to suggestions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
what can I also do to make my breast milk flow well. my lo sucks every two hours. its a routine and I'm scared he might not be getting enuf.
please help a first time mum..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
hajarahbadmus:
what can I also do to make my breast milk flow well. my lo sucks every two hours. its a routine and I'm scared he might not be getting enuf.
please help a first time mum..

You can monitor his weight for sometime to know if he is feeding well.

Then the frequency of his wee and poo also gives an idea.

Also, does he remove his mouth himself after feeding and most times sleeps off?

Take lots and lots of fluid and eat a balanced diet.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
hajarahbadmus:
please help me. I gave birth 2weeks ago and my tummy is still rigid although it has gone down a bit. it aches sometimes alongside my vagina. I don't know what to do again. I do d joara thing myself. if there is any other thing I can do I am open to suggestions.
pls go for scan or checkup as soon as possible.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello mamas
how are we all doing?
Am sorry I haven't been regular on this thread,na vigil with my baby cause am..

And fr the birth story,dat one get chapter 1 to 5..cheesy grin Make una no vex,I go try update tonight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bhukkie2002: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks sisters, I feel much better nw. Amen & amen to all ur prayers.I'lld keep my fingers crossed nd b positive cheesy.
@ mumsgirl, my baby will b glad 2 hv u as godmother #hugs#.
We'lld all carry our babies to term nd deliver dem strong nd healthy like d hebrew women IJMN

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
After I came here to post on monday(16th) I was discharged bk home though I was 2cm dilated,contractions was painful but like 20- 30mintues apart...
On Tuesday afternoon, I saw the mucus plug(darkened red like old blood) ,immediately I called my husband,he told me to calm down..
Tuesday night I cudn't sleep, I was restless but by 4am, I slept off...

Wednesday morning...twas like a brand new me,full of energy.. I ate a whole plate of rice n plaintain and a bottle of coke grin grin
So I decided since am strong today o,lemme get to the bank/market to stock the house with perishables...
I tuk a cab,by the time I got to the market,my bumbum was wet(tnk God I wore a black leggings), Went inside the bank,made my transactions n asked fr dia loo.. I checked my painties and I was wet and was stil driping,then I placed a call to my husband...all through this, I was calm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
IyaderaChuks:

Proudmama I taught ur own don release you. mine is sooo terrible that to type, eat or slice things is difficult and I met other woman who said they experienced it till delivery. I am in Gods hand and He will keep us all under the shadow of His wings.

Sorry, we can only bear it for now and believe God for healing and perfection.
Thanks sis,d pain is something else,I'm typing wit my left hand.I pray we all carry 2 term n deliver safely. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
My husband wasn't picking, I called some doctors,they weren't picking,so I decided to go ahead with my shopping since I had no contractions..
I got everytin I nided,den my husband called n I told him my water just broke,he told me to start coming to the Hospital with my fish n meat oogrin,that I shdnt tink of stoping by @ home..
Home is like 30mintues frm Ado, i got home,ate anoda plate of rice cheesy then I left fr d hospital..my bby tins were @ d hospital already..
I got to d hospital arnd 10am,was checked and I was stil 2cm oo,den d consultant ask dem to insert mistropostol every 4hrs to ripen d cervix...
First dose,I was stil calm,second dose @arnd 3:30,d tin dey bite me small small like cramps...by 7pm,I was contracting but d duration was stil short..
By 9pm,a VE was done and I was stil 2cm and cervix was stil posterior...
By then,the pain was tough, I was restless... I had another VE by 3am and was 4cm... I was getting weak...all tru d night, I had a HO stationed to stay with me( I pulled her ward coat ehn grin)
Arnd 6am, I was 6cm..
So by 9am, I was wheeled into d labour room..
Then I was placed on oxytocin,20drops per minute,by 10am,I was stil 6cm and had contractions like 4 in 10mintues lasting for 30-40 secs...dey increased d drip to 30,40 den 50...
I was saying gibberish... I was screaming...
Then my pastor caled n told me my baby wil arive before 2pm..and I claimed it with faith

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
I kept checking the time and was telling God,u said before 2pm oo... Words cnt describe the pain maybe cos I have zero tolerance fr pain though.
By 1:15pm,I was fully dilated,then the doctors ask me to push with each contraction,I cudn't..I was sleepy..den my bby @bit rate dropd...twas scary...my husband was in tears...
CS wasn't an option cos av bin batling wit hypotension fr a while so I cnt be sedated or use analgesics.
Den my consul came
(I had a total of 8doctors and 11nurses with me in d labour ward),my consol is d Hod of OnG,he decided to take d delivery himself..
When he checkd me,he said the baby was stuck n I had to be assisted...so he ordered fr d vaccum...d baby's head was out,my tear no b 4dis place oo...d baby came out with her hands in front of her face,and her cord on her neck dat ws y she got stucked...
I was in labor fr 4days,active labor fr 36hrs
My baby was delivered @ exacted 1:58pm 19th Feb 2015 weighing 3.75kg. grin grin
God kept his word,he is ever faithful..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hernyolar:
I kept checking the time and was telling God,u said before 2pm oo... Words cnt describe the pain maybe cos I have zero tolerance fr pain though.
By 1:15pm,I was fully dilated,then the doctors ask me to push with each contraction,I cudn't..I was sleepy..den my bby @bit rate dropd...twas scary...my husband was in tears...
CS wasn't an option cos av bin batling wit hypotension fr a while so I cnt be sedated or use analgesics.
Den my consul came
(I had a total of 8doctors and 11nurses with me in d labour ward),my consol is d Hod of OnG,he decided to take d delivery himself..
When he checkd me,he said the baby was stuck n I had to be assisted...so he ordered fr d vaccum...d baby's head was out,my tear no b 4dis place oo...d baby came out with her hands in front of her face,and her cord on her neck dat ws y she got stucked...
I was in labor fr 4days,active labor fr 36hrs
My baby was delivered @ exacted 1:58pm 19th Feb 2015 weighing 3.75kg. grin grin
God kept his word,he is ever faithful..

Congrats Mama, may God keep you and your LO in his care forever, amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
@hernyolar u re rite God is ever faithful 2 his words n I pray dat his goodwil would come 2 pass in our lives!Amen. God bless ur lo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
Please o I have packed my bags. But dh is saying wat I packed is too much. One small box for baby. Anoda box for me. Den a diaper bag.
Please make una teach me. I never pavk for delivery bf and I have never seen anyone pack for delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
@Hernyolar,our God is Good,may God bless nd keep u and ur Lo,we all must carry to term,Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Kimoni:

You can monitor his weight for sometime to know if he is feeding well.

Then the frequency of his wee and poo also gives an idea.

Also, does he remove his mouth himself after feeding and most times sleeps off?

Take lots and lots of fluid and eat a balanced diet.

he wees frequently and used to poop 2ce fly
buh snc we circumcised him he has pooped just 3ce and for the past 2day he has been passing the wind which really smells and has been giving me srz headaches
when he sucks he removes his mouth himself and I put him on my shoulder so he can belch. he sleeps off immediately after
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
@hernyolar wonderful birth story.God is ever faithful. experienced mamas and march mamas how often do u get d foetal hiccups.I'm almost 40weeks .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
mytestimony:
Please o I have packed my bags. But dh is saying wat I packed is too much. One small box for baby. Anoda box for me. Den a diaper bag.
Please make una teach me. I never pavk for delivery bf and I have never seen anyone pack for delivery

Later dem go say I no be senior o. Anyway,for ur baby's sake I go answer u.

Where is your hospital list?
Since you won't be sent back because of too much load,you can just carry what you ve packed already.

Why are you giving dh trouble? Why won't he complain when you packed back like someone leaving Naija for US** runs out before she starts crying, cry cry [/s]baby[s] mama)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mzora:
@hernyolar wonderful birth story.God is ever faithful. experienced mamas and march mamas how often do u get d foetal hiccups.I'm almost 40weeks .

My sister go and sit down. Don't you know you are oppressing some people with the way you are shouting this your 40wks?

I delivered at 40+5 and no sign at all at all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pjthatcher: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mzora:
like twice or 3 times in a day and almost at thesame time each day
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
mytestimony:

You don ser where de mark register for who no answer present? lol. U suppose be number 1 sef but as u no answer I say mk wr push u go april. #Runs out of thread

*holds cup of Milo*
*sings*
Arise oh lord let my enemies be scattered....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bhukkie2002: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats @ hernyolar, God is indeed true to His words. God bless u nd LO. More sweet birth stories lined up us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

he wees frequently and used to poop 2ce fly
buh snc we circumcised him he has pooped just 3ce and for the past 2day he has been passing the wind which really smells and has been giving me srz headaches
when he sucks he removes his mouth himself and I put him on my shoulder so he can belch. he sleeps off immediately after

Personally, I think he is doing fine but to give yourself more assurance, you can monitor his weight weekly. If you have any clinic or hospital beside you, you can ask to make use their scale every week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
pjthatcher:

like twice or 3 times in a day and almost at thesame time each day
kk.was having same tin. wanted to know if anyone else have experienced or experiencing it. tnks for ur input.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
beedam:

My sister go and sit down. Don't you know you are oppressing some people with the way you are shouting this your 40wks?

I delivered at 40+5 and no sign at all at all.
lol beedam. anwaiz tnks. quite assuring to know I'm not alone.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lana75(f): 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
No wahala honourable senior, thanks for sharing,I will visit there next wk. Remain blessed
beedam:

How u dey jare,junior wey get respect.

ANC is 10,400. You will enjoy the place and another bonus I go cum visit u wen u born. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 12:54am On Mar 03, 2015
@Hernyolar, Congratulations on the birth of your LO. We shall all testify to the goodness of God.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:13am On Mar 03, 2015
beedam:

Later dem go say I no be senior o. Anyway,for ur baby's sake I go answer u.

Where is your hospital list?
Since you won't be sent back because of too much load,you can just carry what you ve packed already.

Why are you giving dh trouble? Why won't he complain when you packed back like someone leaving Naija for US** runs out before she starts crying, cry cry [/s]baby[s] mama)

Thanks senior beedam. All this seniority some people de find sha.

sayoberry:

*holds cup of Milo*
*sings*
Ha ha ha.easy on d milo oh.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2015
@Hernyolar,
Your birth story reminds me of the saying "iya ni wura,baba ni diigi".. What mothers go through.. God bless you,baby and daddy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2015
Kimoni:

Personally, I think he is doing fine but to give yourself more assurance, you can monitor his weight weekly. If you have any clinic or hospital beside you, you can ask to make use their scale every week.

thanks. I'm really grateful. his dad said he had too much gas in his tummy so he developed constipation. he then did some massage for him this morning before he took his bath and he pooped while in d bath. I don't think he is losing weight.
what can I do to avoid lo developing constipation again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:34am On Mar 03, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

thanks. I'm really grateful. his dad said he had too much gas in his tummy so he developed constipation. he then did some massage for him this morning before he took his bath and he pooped while in d bath. I don't think he is losing weight.
what can I do to avoid lo developing constipation again

He is feeding from you so you have to watch what you eat. Add more proteinous food to your own diet not forgetting vegetables and fruits. He will be fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Happy birthday to u,
happy birthday to u,
happy birthday dear beedam,
happy birthday to u.
May God perfect all dat concerns u, feel ur heart wt joy, bless u richly and grant ur heart's desires. Enjoy ur day, and dont forget our cake o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.