Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8138929 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2015
zaynie:

I am the most gentle preggo on thread o cheesy

Pls is sleeping also a labour sign? Sleep wan finish me for here o.... lipsrsealed
Hahahhahahaah... This woman o..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 11:56am On Oct 05, 2015
pragmatistm:
Still expecting your response oo all sabi mamas.
What part of her body? Is she under any form of stress?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
pragmatistm:
Still expecting your response oo all sabi mamas.
I noticed a lot of people and me sef ain't so comfy with drug related questions asked here... Or a Dr prescribes drugs to u and u want a second opinion from other people who ain't Dr's, or a nurse tells u A but becos another woman did B u decide to ignore A and do B.... That's why I ignore them. Pls no offense to anyone.

Reason is this
Ur ANC Dr is in a better position than any of us to prescribe d right drugs to you.. because he or she will examine you, see you, understand you etc.

What worked for A might not work for B.

Prenatal stories might sound d same but one tiny detail can b d deciding factor on choice of drugs or care.

Registering for ANC isn't for bcom and folic acid alone... It's for discussing how u feel with ur Dr. Ur Dr who is seeing u is in a better position than any of us here. ANC isn't free Abeg. Me I advocate that u av ur gyneas number sef. Especially if u r high risk.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by debbie(f): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
I want to share my story and need your advice please.....I am sorry for writing lengthy .
I had my first child over 2 years ago and it was normal delivery.After that i started have abdominal pains that refused to go,after series of scans and visit to my gynea it was discovered i had ovarian cyst.I was so scared and i prayed for it to dissolve and go on its own.After awhile the pain stopped and i was all happy and thankful that a miracle has happened.After that i took in,before my first girl turned two.The truth is that it wasnt really planned,but one didn't rule out any possibility.
While i was heavy,during my routine ante-natal my doctor discovered that my tummy was bigger than the exact weeks into my pregnancy.I went for pelvic scan and it was discovered that the cyst is back and fully grown,which was now disturbing the womb.She immediately booked me for a surgery....at first i was scared, as i haven't gone done the knife before.I went online and started reading about various types of cyst and their effect on the woman.
I went in for a surgery while i was about 13weeks pregnant....i prayed and with my doctor who was even more courageous than me.i came out fine.
But due to the extent of the cyst it actually damaged one of ovaries,which the doctor showed me.
After that,they took what was brought out for thorough test to check for any cancerous cells or to analyze it.The result all came out negative...I was so grateful to God for this miracle.

After that and due to the surgery my only option to deliver the baby was CS,i didnt object.....this was because the stitches were still fresh and less than 7months...so there will be great danger if i go in to push.
Thanks be to God i had my baby and shes almost a year in 4 weeks time.

Fast forward,last 2 weeks i waited for my period (which has been very regular),it didnt come..prepared for it,no show.I got scared,just the though of being pregnant made me cold.Reason,we started a family planning,and said we will rest till after 3years to have another one and that will be the last.I was told to wait a little longer before i take in considering the two operations cry cry.
Now my fear,how can i handle this? i am scared to tell my doctor? Some days i feel sad and depressed? How can i handle 3 kids in 4 years?.
I was so happy going back to work after all these while and here am i thinking of another 9month journey.
I need advice from you mothers. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Debbie first offs, have you tested? are you pregnant for sure?

standora and kendra, supernatural delivery to you both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by debbie(f): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sorry i forgot to add that,yes i have tested.
smokeydrinky:
Debbie first offs, have you tested? are you pregnant for sure?

standora and kendra, supernatural delivery to you both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
Well said @ firsttymun,I get ur point.though sum times getting response here eases d mind knowing dat ure not d only one experiencing it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Forget I'm a Medical Dr o.
I registered for ANC(not where I work) at 8weeks (Yes 8weeks)
I had every form of morning sickness.
I attended the lectures... Some statements were outrightly funny lol... But I attended and listened. A midwife is a midwife... I don't joke with them (they can b a pain when u tell them A nd they do B or when their shift is almost over lol)

I know When u come for ANC they just send u to any Dr.
But in my own case, one of the Dr's is always in a hurry. So henceforth from my next ANC I decided d Dr I wanted to see. (No offence to nurses here but I know nurses can very nasty when u annoy them or when it seem like u wanna decide for them.) but me I sparked for the nurse o Hmmm.. When I know na me dey carry d belle no b her... Abeg e...
So for every of my ANC visits(which my DH is sometimes present) I was seeing the same Dr... I had his number... In short we became friends. My DH had his own questions which were all adequately answered.

I know as a Dr u wldnt expect me to have questions.... Treating someone is very different from treating urself. If I wanted only ANC drugs I wldnt av registered. I knew the answers to the questions I had... But I asked it anyway.. Oh yes I did.

So my point is...
People can only give u answers here based on their personal experience which is subjective.
But ur Dr is the person who will give u an objective answer. If u doubt ur Dr, seek the opinion of another Dr.

U have paid for ur ANC... Asking questions is ur Damn right... U have paid for that service.
Me I tell my patients to write down The questions in a jotter as they come.
I learned that from my consultant his patients had ANC JOTTERS. They wrote when dey were given drugs, injection and even questions. And also when dey noticed the baby's kick etc.

This is a wonderful forum.... I'm addicted to it sef. So I'm not saying don't ask questions here... But there r some questions best answered by ur Dr.

Like tatacherie said it feels good to know other people are experiencing what u r experiencing.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
@ Debbie I think ur Dr will be in a better position to manage this ur case o or rather answer this ur questions.its ur health and dat of a new life growing already we are talking about so pls don't waste time in thinking and searching for replies considering ur previous pregnancy/d double CS.let ur Dr know imediately.I wish u all d best in wateva decision wil b taken
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
debbie:
if I say I know how u feel I wld b lying o. But u av two ovaries and one is out... Yet the one u have left is working beautifully.... My dear see it as a blessing in disguise... Don't b depressed.

God forbid what if after ur 3 years wait d cyst reoccured and d other ovary is to b removed? God forbid.

Don't b depressed darling... After all u both want 3... So have this one and rest.. It's a blessing dearie... It's a blessing

BUT IF YOUR DR DOESNT THINK YOUR BODY CAN HANDLE IT.... HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO.

TALK TO YOUR DR. ASAP

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
debbie:

ok. ofcz u can handle 3 kids in 4 yrs. my co wife ll have her 3rd child before December nd her 4 yr anniversary is next January.......but i think u should talk to your dr. dont be scared, let the dr evaluate d cons nd pros. God who gave u dis baby ll give the grace to carry too. den after which u look for good family planning method

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by debbie(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thank you.i appreciate
tatacherie:
@ Debbie I think ur Dr will be in a better position to manage this ur case o or rather answer this ur questions.its ur health and dat of a new life growing already we are talking about so pls don't waste time in thinking and searching for replies considering ur previous pregnancy/d double CS.let ur Dr know imediately.I wish u all d best in wateva decision wil b taken
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by debbie(f): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
My fear of going to meet my doctor is because she suggested a family planning which i decided to choose the one i felt was best for me.I will surely go and meet her.I also had my fears about the cyst coming back and may affect my chances of conceiving.Thanks
firsttymum:
if I say I know how u feel I wld b lying o. But u av two ovaries and one is out... Yet the one u have left is working beautifully.... My dear see it as a blessing in disguise... Don't b depressed.

God forbid what if after ur 3 years wait d cyst reoccured and d other ovary is to b removed? God forbid.

Don't b depressed darling... After all u both want 3... So have this one and rest.. It's a blessing dearie... It's a blessing

BUT IF YOUR DR DOESNT THINK YOUR BODY CAN HANDLE IT.... HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO.

TALK TO YOUR DR. ASAP
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
smokeydrinky:
as i dey read , body dey do me one kain
make i go buy baby pampers o, na im remain
safe delivery to us all
Is like the 5 strokes of cane I gave you never do you. Am coming for you again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Virtuouswife:

#oct mommas dropping already
Ebi lyk na me go be next, ds one wey I just dey shit anyhow. [b]Shebi 2 shit folo 4 Labour [/b]sign
grin I wish
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
zaynie:

I am the most gentle preggo on thread o cheesy

Pls is sleeping also a labour sign? Sleep wan finish me for here o.... lipsrsealed
Bu hahhahahhahaha. If sleep follow, na em be say I for don born since last week. The rate in which I sleep des last few days eh, e no get part two, like say I drink sleeping pills. Even for church, na so d sleep dey catch me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
kendrallmai:
Good morning mamas n sabi mamas
My water broke yesterday around 9pm d color was slight green, no strong contraction up till now just dull backache n tighten abdomen, my edd was 10th & 12th. Worst part is I'm far away from home went for a party yesterday on Saturday n couldn't return home though I'm on my way to the hospital now which will take about 3 hours. Pls mamas pray 4 me n my lo. If there is any advice kindly drop it. Thanks everyone.

May God make it smooth-sailing for you. Awaiting ur BS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
chizzy86:
*catwalks signs of labour, Supernatural delivery in Jesus Name. Amen. This kpekus tin be like say na world war 3 o. Doc says i shld be knacking steady with hubby if i wan deliver for 37 or 38 weeks. I tire o. Chinwendym the mama, ha far na?.
U ve given Chinwendym another hint to aid her deliver at 38 weeks as planned. Chinwendym Oya o, abi tym never reach to resume duty. Abeg, make una pity Oga ooo grin.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
stadora:
Thanks 2 u wonderful mamas 4 ur contributions n advice.
The mucus is catarr like n a bit clothy, even I ve changed my pant 2 times ds mornin, dou am stil Waitin and expectin more intense sign as u mamas sugested.
God in2 ur hands I comit myself n my LO...Amen

You will deliver like the Hebrew women dear. God is in control. Awaiting your BS.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
@ Stadora and Kendrallmai. Awaiting your birth story soonest. GOD is in control.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
ozycy:

U ve given Chinwendym another hint to aid her deliver at 38 weeks as planned. Chinwendym Oya o, abi tym never reach to resume duty. Abeg, make una pity Oga ooo grin.
Pity ke? Something wey him dey enjoy.... If he no enjoy am he no go release na. Hahahahhahahaha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by debbie(f): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions.
On a lighter note i want all mothers and future mothers to have a happy day with this cute picture.....we all can relate to it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizzy86(f): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
ozycy:

Babe the tin no hungry me abeg. But i go resume o anyhow. I fit add pineapple join sef make e make sense. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by culturegown: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Good afternoon bumping mothers, I have been a silent member of this great thread and I have learnt a lot. Please, how much is my registration fee and who do I pay to?

Proudly team December. May Allah make the journey easy for us all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
culturegown:
Good afternoon bumping mothers, I have been a silent member of this great thread and I have learnt a lot. Please, how much is my registration fee and who do I pay to?

You're most welcome dear team mate. Good to know you've learnt a lot from this thread. May we all reap the fruits of our labour.

#proudlyteamdecember#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
@culturegown..welcome teammate..wishing us all an easy delivery Ameen

@dv4real..that's what I'm currently taking..though I wasn't told the white zobo leaf was for weight reduction..was told for an easy delivery..been taking it for like 4 weeks now..I hope it works for me cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dv4real(f): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hafsat24:
@culturegown..welcome teammate..wishing us all an easy delivery Ameen

@dv4real..that's what I'm currently taking..though I wasn't told the white zobo leaf was for weight reduction..was told for an easy delivery..been taking it for like 4 weeks now. I hope it works for me cheesy
yes it works like like magic

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
culturegown:

Welcome to this great family. If you ve been a silent reader, you should know who to pay to. Happy bumping.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
dv4real:
yes it works like like magic

R u serious... Where can I get it pls...

Mamas with labor signs... U are in our prayers. Awaiting ur testimonies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
@ firsttymum lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cynthiajay(f): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Good evening bumping mummies,pls I have read a lot of stories on this thread about family planning that failed and even last week when I went 4 ante natal,I saw someone I know with her big tummy,she has 6 children,3 boys and 3 girls so I was really surprised when I saw her in the hospital pregnant again,she told me that their family planning failed as they didn't plan on having another baby.Please I want 2 know,what causes this family planning methods 2 fail? and what is d best family planning method tthat cannot fail? Cos I dont want 2 have this kind of experience.It is really scary o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dv4real(f): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=gtkay post=38694959]
R u serious... Where can I get it pls...
You can check those selling Zobo and Kunu ingredients

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cheks01(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.