Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41934 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2012
sheyguy: A very interesting thread indeed . . . The Igbos on NL or 'Igbo IDs' on NL have their eyes set on the a do or die alliance with the Ijaws for the sole sake of sharing the oil in and around ijaw land with them. It is a fact that Ijaws go with water bodies and most of Nigerias oil are found around our waters. What the igbos don't realise the Ijaws know is the fact that they treasure and admire the linkage btw Ijaw land and oil rich coastline.
At last, every body don appear to bear their papa name . . . And the loser is . . .

All this attention seeking from your kins is getting desperate. For Godsake if the two ethnic groups arguing aren't involving you all and even ignoring ya'll it is not a must you have to include yourself into it. Damn. I don't get why una like attention-seeking so f2king much.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2012
ezeagu:

Chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii!

The same expression went through my head LOL.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2012
killayut:

And what about Egbema in Edo and Bayelsa states ? Are they Igbos too ? Know the history of a people before you argue. Do you even know what Egbema MEAN ?There is OKOLOMA in Ndoki land and OKOLOMA is not an Igbo name but Ibani - Ijaw. Even Okrika people has a settlement near Oyigbo and we all know it and there is no dispute about it too. So learn about the true origin of the Egbema people before you argue.

Just wanted to post this. I remember seeing a website on this said group, I just couldn't remember the address hence the reason I didn't bring it earlier but I finally found it

To address the topic on whether Egbema are Ijaw or Igbo; we should direct our attention to their LGA official website. Written not even by a random author but by actual citizen of the community in question.

OGBA/EGBEMA/NDONI is a Local Government Area of Rivers State in Nigeria, with its capital at Omoku. It is part of the Ogba / Ebgema / Ndoni / Ahoada West constituency of the Nigerian House of Representatives.

The Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area is inhabited by the Igbo tribes Ogba, Egbema, and Ndoni. The Egbema speak their own dialect of the Igbo language, whereas Ogba and Ndoni are not intelligible with Igbo and are considered separate Igboid languages. They are great farmers and fishermen/women and with a rich cultural history. The area has produced prominent sons and daughters, which included Hon. (Chief Victor Igwe Masi (Former Minister for Finance - Nigeria), Senator F. J. Ellah, Chief C. D. Orike, Dr. Peter Odili (former Governor of Rivers State, Nigeria),Chief Ifeanyi Odili (the Onwa of Ndoni), among others.

Mbama Mike Okiro, the Agunechemba I of Egbema, was Nigeria's first ethnic Igbo to assume the post of police Inspector General.
http://ogbaegbemandonilga.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=190

SMH dude. You need to stop claiming communities that are not part of Ijaw clan.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira:

Just wanted to post this. I remember seeing a website on this said group, I just couldn't remember the address hence the reason I didn't bring it earlier but I finally found it

To address the topic on whether Egbema are Ijaw or Igbo; we should direct our attention to their LGA official website. Written not even by a random author but by actual citizen of the community in question.

http://ogbaegbemandonilga.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=190

SMH dude. You need to stop claiming communities that are not part of Ijaw clan.
TAMUNO SISI O! 1.NO IJAW MAN HAS EVER CLAIMED THAT THESE PEOPLE WERE IJAWS. 2. IT WAS CLEARLY STATED THAT THESE PEOPLE SPEAK AN IGBO DIALECT WHICH IS NOT INTELLIGIBLE WITH OTHER IGBO DIALECT YET THEY ARE STILL CONSIDERED AS IGBOS. BUT WHEN WE TRY TO EDUCATE YOU ABOUT ENGENNIS, DEGEMA, ABUA AND OGBIA THAT SPEAK A DIALECT thats NOT INTELLIGIBLE WITH OTHERS IJAWS, YOU CALLED US LIARS AND ALL SORT OF NAMES. IF YOU WANNA HAVE AN IDEA OF THE EXTENT OF THE UNDILUTED IJAW LAND, en.WIKIPEDIA.org IS UR BEST BET.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2012
All this back and fourth bickering, attacking and insulting eachother is giving me a headache so I decided to just provide origins of all the communities you all have been arguing about.

In terms of Engenni origin

The kingdom of Engenni (Eghene) is classified among the Niger-Congo, Edoid people of Nigeria. Engenni (Eghene) belongs to the Delta sub-group of sub-saharan Africa, of the Guinea cluster of peoples. The primary language of Engenni is Ejiro. Engenni is sub-divided into three major clans - Ogua, Ejiro, and Enuedua. The Engenni (Eghene) people migrated from the Isoko, Urhobo, and Edo tribes of the ancient Bini kingdom. They occupy the northern banks of the Orashi river. Their first place of settlement is called Okilogua.

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=11762&rog3=NI

I couldn't find the official website of the LGA but the above post is written by Sukariba E. Dokubo
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: TAMUNO SISI O! 1.NO IJAW MAN HAS EVER CLAIMED THAT THESE PEOPLE WERE IJAWS. 2. IT WAS CLEARLY STATED THAT THESE PEOPLE SPEAK AN IGBO DIALECT WHICH IS NOT INTELLIGIBLE WITH OTHER IGBO DIALECT YET THEY ARE STILL CONSIDERED AS IGBOS. BUT WHEN WE TRY TO EDUCATE YOU ABOUT ENGENNIS, DEGEMA, ABUA AND OGBIA THAT SPEAK A DIALECT thats NOT INTELLIGIBLE WITH OTHERS IJAWS, YOU CALLED US LIARS AND ALL SORT OF NAMES. IF YOU WANNA HAVE AN IDEA OF THE EXTENT OF THE UNDILUTED IJAW LAND, en.WIKIPEDIA.org IS UR BEST BET.

Did you read the article. I even bolded where it stated "The Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area is inhabited by the Igbo tribes Ogba, Egbema, and Ndoni"

emphasis on the word: INHABITED.

As for who claimed whether or not they are Ijaw, real Igbo, fake Igbo, etc. Killayut did hence the reason I quoted him, not you.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Okirika origin

Okrika is a port town in Rivers State, Nigeria, capital of the Local Government Area of the same name. The town is situated on a small island just south of Harcourt, making it asuburb of the much larger city.
The average elevation of Okrika is 452 metres. It lies on the north of the Bonny River and on Okrika Island, 35 miles (56 km) upstream from the Bight of Biafra. The town can be reached by vessels of a draft of 29 feet (9 metres) or less.

Formerly a small fishing village of the Ijo (Ijaw) people in the mangrove swamps of the eastern Niger River delta, Okrika became the capital of the Okrika kingdom in the early 17th century and actively dealt in slaves. It served as a port for the exportation of palm oil after the abolition of the slave trade in the 1830s, but it was a less significant port facility than either Bonny (18 miles [46 km] south) or Opobo (32 miles [81 km] east-southeast).
http://okrikalga.gov.ng/Our-Communities/about.html
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2012
WE IJAWS ARE NEVER INTERESTED IN CLAIMING LANDS AND PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT OURS. THE DILUTED IJAWS IN QUESTION WHICH ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED PART OF IJAW LAND INCLUDE 1. NDOKI- A PEOPLE WHO STILL TRACE THEIR ANCESTORS TO IJAWLAND ( NOT IGBOLAND). THEY STILL CELEBRATE IJAW MASQUERADES, A REMINISCENCE OF THEIR IJAW ROOTS. MOST OF THE IGBO SPEAKING ELEMENTS IN BONNY ARE ACTUALLY FREED SLAVES & NDOKIS WHO CHOOSE TO STICK TO THEIR CLOSEST IJAW RELATIVES 2. URHOBO LAND- A LARGE PART OF URHOBOS CLAIM IJAW ANCESTRY YET IJAW NEVER DEEM THEM FIT TO BE PART OF IJAWLAND NOT TO TALK OF CAIMING THEIR LAND. UVWIE FOR EXAMPLE WILL NEVER DENY THEIR IJAWNESS YET IJAWS STILL SEE THEM AS URHOBOS. I'M COMING UP WITH A MORE EXPLANATORY WRITE UP later.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2012
I believe I touched in all the communities that resulted into this whole argument other than Bonny. I am still looking for Bonny origin, haven't found one yet except wikipedia and i am trying to avoid that site due to their inaccuracy.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira: I believe I touched in all the communities that resulted into this whole argument other than Bonny. I am still looking for Bonny origin, haven't found one yet except wikipedia and i am trying to avoid that site due to their inaccuracy.
THEN I SUGGEST YOU TRAVEL TO BONNY TO FIND OUT FROM THE INDIGINES ABOUT THEIR HISTORY. YOU MIGHT EVEN VISIT THE AMANYANABO'S PALACE WHO IS THE COSTODIAN OF THE CULTURE AND TRADITION OF THE IBANI KINGDOM.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira: I believe I touched in all the communities that resulted into this whole argument other than Bonny. I am still looking for Bonny origin, haven't found one yet except wikipedia and i am trying to avoid that site due to their inaccuracy.
AS A MATTER OF FACT, I'D LOVE TO ACCOMPANY YOU TO BONNY AND SHOW YOU AROUND.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: WE IJAWS ARE NEVER INTERESTED IN CLAIMING LANDS AND PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT OURS. THE DILUTED IJAWS IN QUESTION WHICH ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED PART OF IJAW LAND INCLUDE 1. NDOKI- A PEOPLE WHO STILL TRACE THEIR ANCESTORS TO IJAWLAND ( NOT IGBOLAND). THEY STILL CELEBRATE IJAW MASQUERADES, A REMINISCENCE OF THEIR IJAW ROOTS. MOST OF THE IGBO SPEAKING ELEMENTS IN BONNY ARE ACTUALLY FREED SLAVES & NDOKIS WHO CHOOSE TO STICK TO THEIR CLOSEST IJAW RELATIVES 2. URHOBO LAND- A LARGE PART OF URHOBOS CLAIM IJAW ANCESTRY YET IJAW NEVER DEEM THEM FIT TO BE PART OF IJAWLAND NOT TO TALK OF CAIMING THEIR LAND. UVWIE FOR EXAMPLE WILL NEVER DENY THEIR IJAWNESS YET IJAWS STILL SEE THEM AS URHOBOS. I'M COMING UP WITH A MORE EXPLANATORY WRITE UP later.

Urhobo? Ndoki? Really dude? SMH

I give up. You guys are not being serious.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira:

Did you read the article. I even bolded where it stated "The Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area is inhabited by the Igbo tribes Ogba, Egbema, and Ndoni"

emphasis on the word: INHABITED.

As for who claimed whether or not they are Ijaw, real Igbo, fake Igbo, etc. Killayut did hence the reason I quoted him, not you.
I THINK KILLAYUT ONLY MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE GREATLY INFLUENCED BY ELEMENTS OF NEIGHBOURING KALABARI CULTURE AND TRADITION. HE NEVER SAID THEY WERE IJAWS OR HAVING IJAW ANCESTORY.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2012
Formerly a small fishing village of the Ijo (Ijaw) people in the
mangrove swamps of the eastern Niger River delta, Okrika
became the capital of the Okrika kingdom in the early 17th
century and actively dealt in slaves. WHAT THIS IS IMPLYING IS THAT IT IS NO LONGER THAT "SMALL FISHING VILLAGE" ANYMORE, BUT A DEVELOPED CITY MOST OF WHICH IS THE "OLD PORT HARCOURT CITY" I HAVE TO CORRECT YOU BEFORE YOU PROGRESS IN ERROR.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: I THINK KILLAYUT ONLY MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE GREATLY INFLUENCED BY ELEMENTS OF NEIGHBOURING KALABARI CULTURE AND TRADITION. HE NEVER SAID THEY WERE IJAWS OR HAVING IJAW ANCESTORY.

And what about Egbema in Edo and Bayelsa states ? Are they Igbos too ? Know the history of a people before you argue. Do you even know what Egbema MEAN ?There is OKOLOMA in Ndoki land and OKOLOMA is not an Igbo name but Ibani - Ijaw. Even Okrika people has a settlement near Oyigbo and we all know it and there is no dispute about it too. So learn about the true origin of the Egbema people before you argue.

Using the bold of his statement, he sure implying something other than what you are saying.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2012
Lastly Bonny Origin

Bonny (formerly Ibani or Ubani from the Igbo language) is a town and a Local Government Area in Rivers State in southeast Nigeria, on the Bight of Biafra. It was also the capital of the Kingdom of Bonny (the land of the Ibani or Eastern Ijaw). Traditionally (especially between the 15th and 19th centuries) it was a major trading post of the Ijaw people.. A small island located just offshore, Bonny Island, is a major export point for oil.

The region produces a type of crude oil known as Bonny Light oil. Much of the oil extracted onshore in Rivers State is piped to Bonny for export.

The Kingdom of Bonny was the state of the Ibani people, the eastern sub-group of the Ijaw. It was powerful beginning in the 15th Century with the advent of the Portuguese and the following Atlantic slave trade. In the 19th Century it came under increasing pressure from the British to end the slave trade. It collapsed in the civil war of 1869, though a remnant of it continues to exist as a part of the aristocratic structure of Nigeria.

http://bonnylga.gov.ng/Our-Communities/about.html

These should end the whole argument

Recap
Bonny, Kalabari and Okirika are part of the Ijaw community
Egbema,Ogba,Ndoni are part of the Igbo community
Engenni is an Edo community.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
All · Ibani Historical, Language and Cultural Society.
Ibani Historical, Language and Cultural Society.
GET YOUR COPY FROM THE AUTHOR, N.A.I. WARIBERE AMA-OPU--
SENIBO. TELEPHONE: 08052661044.
I JUST CALLED THIS AUTHOR AND HE WARNED ME STERNLY IN IBANI LANGUAGE NEVER TO REFER TO THEM AS IGBOS. SO MY FELLOW IGBO, PLS I URGE YOU TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO HIM.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2012
I find this discussion very funny and have opened this bigots to the REAL WORLD. The only realists on Nairaland had always been ChineyeN and Abagworo but I dont know what happened to Abagworo. All of a sudden he started living in "Onlytruth and Ezeuche's" world of fantasies.

First of all Ijaws are a separate ethnic group. Forget this brother rubbish you Igbos throw around so as to expand your lands. They are totally separate from Igbos, Yoruba and any other ethnic group.

Secondly, I think Ijaw Citizen accessions are very correct. Killayut is just twisting history a bit cuz I have met some PH boys and I am Awori myself from a royal household but who would blame them undecided they learnt how to do it thanks to Igbos as well. BTW Killayut it is good you are teaching me my history, I never knew I was Ijaw andd I thank you for letting me know, BUT I MUST MAKE MYSELF CLEAR NOW AND THAT OF THE PEOPLE I WOULD RULE IN YEARS TO COME THAT WE ARE YORUBAS and NOT Ijaws. I am not saying this to spit anyone but the facts on ground are clear. You can confirm what I am saying by going to any Awori village. As for the words thing, my brother I totally disagree with you. If any yorubas were the ones that influenced Ijaw Language. Unlike many other ethnic groups, DIFFERENT DIALECT HAVE DIFFERENT WORDS FOR THE SAME MEANING. Words like Oloshi, Oniranu, alinishese etc all means worthless in yoruba. We do not have a particular word for any particular thing, we might have upto 20-30 yoruba words for the same thing we are describing. This is no influence as not all yoruba have one dialect. Not all yorubas were part of the first anf second generation empires. Some of our ancestors were conquered and forced to convict while others were seen as ara ita/ara orun etc (aliens). But I know this would not change your views on how you see Ijaws influence "Aworis". We have 4 major yoruba clans along the coastal regions of Nigeria the Anago/Nago which are Ogu, Aworis ( I am in this category ) then Ilajes which include mahins, then Itsekiris , Ijebus too. Again just to educate you as well, no disrespect my Ijaw brother.

Also Yorubas dont discriminate against anyone, at the end of the day everyone is trying to protect their own interest just as the Ijaws are doing. There are NO indigenous Ijaw population in Lagos, it is a fact among the clans in lagos. Now with that said killayut, it is a free world and you dont see Nigerians discrimate against another just cuz they are from certain part of the country it is a myth. At least the places I have been to.

I think its time to wake up and smell the coffee my Igbo brothers. Your best allies are the ones you hate the most.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
alj harem: I find this discussion very funny and have opened this bigots to the REAL WORLD. The only realists on Nairaland had always been ChineyeN and Abagworo but I dont know what happened to Abagworo. All of a sudden he started living in "Onlytruth and Ezeuche's" world of fantasies.

First of all Ijaws are a separate ethnic group. Forget this brother rubbish you Igbos throw around so as to expand your lands. They are totally separate from Igbos, Yoruba and any other ethnic group.

Secondly, I think Ijaw Citizen accessions are very correct. Killayut is just twisting history a bit cuz I have met some PH boys and I am Awori myself from a royal household but who would blame them undecided they learnt how to do it thanks to Igbos as well. BTW Killayut it is good you are teaching me my history, I never knew I was Ijaw andd I thank you for letting me know, BUT I MUST MAKE MYSELF CLEAR NOW AND THAT OF THE PEOPLE I WOULD RULE IN YEARS TO COME THAT WE ARE YORUBAS and NOT Ijaws. I am not saying this to spit anyone but the facts on ground are clear. You can confirm what I am saying by going to any Awori village. As for the words thing, my brother I totally disagree with you. If any yorubas were the ones that influenced Ijaw Language. Unlike many other ethnic groups, DIFFERENT DIALECT HAVE DIFFERENT WORDS FOR THE SAME MEANING. Words like Oloshi, Oniranu, alinishese etc all means worthless in yoruba. We do not have a particular word for any particular thing, we might have upto 20-30 yoruba words for the same thing we are describing. This is no influence as not all yoruba have one dialect. Not all yorubas were part of the first anf second generation empires. Some of our ancestors were conquered and forced to convict while others were seen as ara ita/ara orun etc (aliens). But I know this would not change your views on how you see Ijaws influence "Aworis". We have 4 major yoruba clans along the coastal regions of Nigeria the Anago/Nago which are Ogu, Aworis ( I am in this category ) then Ilajes which include mahins, then Itsekiris , Ijebus too. Again just to educate you as well, no disrespect my Ijaw brother.

Also Yorubas dont discriminate against anyone, at the end of the day everyone is trying to protect their own interest just as the Ijaws are doing. There are NO indigenous Ijaw population in Lagos, it is a fact among the clans in lagos. Now with that said killayut, it is a free world and you dont see Nigerians discrimate against another just cuz they are from certain part of the country it is a myth. At least the places I have been to.

I think its time to wake up and smell the coffee my Igbo brothers. Your best allies are the ones you hate the most.

GO BACK TO WHATEVER VILLAGE YOU WERE HIDING IN. NOONE HAVE TIME FOR YOUR BS IGNORANCE ON THIS THREAD.

JUST GO BACK TO WHEREEVER IT IS YOU'VE BEEN HIDING OUT AND TAKE YOUR STUPIDITY WITH YOU.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira:

GO BACK TO WHATEVER VILLAGE YOU WERE HIDING IN. NOONE HAVE TIME FOR YOUR BS IGNORANCE ON THIS THREAD.

JUST GO BACK TO WHEREEVER IT IS YOU'VE BEEN HIDDEN OUT AND TAKE YOUR STUPIDITY WITH YOU.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin LMAO grin grin grin grin Oh i miss NL

One Naira my brother, you go just have hypertension and die ontop nothing cry cry wink grin grin grin

smiley
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
Oh Ngodigha1 has liked your post grin grin grin I am expecting more likes from other Andre Moniker grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin LMAO grin grin grin grin Oh i miss NL

One Naira my brother, you go just have hypertension and die ontop nothing cry cry wink grin grin grin

smiley

I am not your brother, I do not even see you as a friend, now do me a favor and never address me as such again

I repeat again. Since you were gone, we had a pleasant non-ignorant, non-fake kumbaya, non-story changing, non-annoyance moment on NL therefore go back to whereever it is you are hiding out in be it another id, a village, whereever. Either way, your alj_harem handle is just flat out annoying. Go back to wherever you came from.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
alj harem: Oh Ngodigha1 has liked your post grin grin grin I am expecting more likes from other Andre Moniker grin
Homo, why are you wasting your time in this thread. You are neither Igbo or Ijaw, so what is your biz. If you are that intelligent to post here you would have written a rebuttal to Killanut's claim of Lagos for the Ijaws and 5 hundred thousand in Ondo state.
Get back to your rat hole.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
One_Naira:

I am not your brother, I do not even see you as a friend, now do me a favor and never address me as such again

I repeat again. Since you were gone, we had a pleasant non-ignorant, non-fake kumbaya, non-story changing, non-annoyance moment on NL therefore go back to whereever it is you are hiding out in be it another id, a village, whereever. Either way, your alj_harem handle is just flat out annoying. Go back to wherever you came from.

Haba shocked cry cry cry cry My blood brother why do you disown me each time I speak the truth cry . gwa onye obuna ezi okwu. angry angry

You cannot disown me you mad man angry. We are brothers whether you like it or not. Chikena

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Homo, why are you wasting your time in this thread. You are neither Igbo or Ijaw, so what is your biz. If you are that intelligent to post here you would have written a rebuttal to Killanut's claim of Lagos for the Ijaws and 5 hundred thousand in Ondo state.
Get back to your rat hole.

Andre Andre, Long time no see. How is madam na and her my niece and nephews ? smiley

Why are you angry at me ?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
alj harem:

Haba shocked cry cry cry cry My blood brother why do you disown me each time I speak the truth cry . gwa onye obuna ezi okwu. angry angry

You cannot disown me you mad man angry. We are brothers whether you like it or not. Chikena

You must have smoked something high.

When have you ever said the truth? You forgot you were giving the term "Chameleon", "Snake" and "Ignorant" by other members for a reason. ROLFMFAO @ "each time I speak the truth", I don hear am.

Abeg stop calling me brother. I've asked nicely twice now, next time I would insult you.

Finally re-read my last post to you in terms of "Go back"
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: All · Ibani Historical, Language and Cultural Society.
Ibani Historical, Language and Cultural Society.
GET YOUR COPY FROM THE AUTHOR, N.A.I. WARIBERE AMA-OPU--
SENIBO. TELEPHONE: 08052661044.
I JUST CALLED THIS AUTHOR AND HE WARNED ME STERNLY IN IBANI LANGUAGE NEVER TO REFER TO THEM AS IGBOS. SO MY FELLOW IGBO, PLS I URGE YOU TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO HIM.
THAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER OF A HIGH CHIEF IN IBANI KINGDOM, I DARE THESE BIGOTED IGBOS TO PICK UP THIS ARGUMENT WITH HIM. OR BETTER STILL, LET WE ALL THAT ARE BUSY ARGUING HERE ORGANIZE OURSELVES AND TAKE A TRIP DOWN TO BONNY ISLAND. I'D REALLY WANT US TO DO THIS, LETS COOPERATE ON THIS ONE.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ChinenyeN(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
alj harem: I find this discussion very funny and have opened this bigots to the REAL WORLD. The only realists on Nairaland had always been ChineyeN and Abagworo but I dont know what happened to Abagworo. All of a sudden he started living in "Onlytruth and Ezeuche's" world of fantasies.

Don't bring my name into this mess of a discussion. I am appalled by the posts of Ijaw Citizen and Killayut, though not surprised. I am equally disappointed by the approach some Igbo have in discussing with Ijaw Citizen, Killayut and other Ijo people here on NL, and in this thread in particular. I've seen so many things that I would like to address, both in this thread and another, but I am uninterested in engaging in useless discussions on two fronts.

Also, Alj Harem, you are in no position to think that anyone's assertions are correct. You know your knowledge of the topic approaches zero. Do not attempt to lend support to a position you are yet to understand. As for your last statement, Alj Harem, (the one that I bolded) you should watch the dynamic carefully before carelessly accusing a particular side of hate.

Of all the dynamics in Nigeria, the Igbijaw dynamic is the one that I cannot stand. It's tiresome to read about it, bothersome to hear people engaging in it, and outright annoying and vexing to hear assertions being thrown around carelessly by both sides.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Dede1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
@johndoe100

There is nothing fundamental about Ijo except it was derived from the name Portuguese had given to the river people around Rio Del Real in 14th century. Why do you not ask your idiotic character the reasons behind the English, Akan and Pilipino names among the so-called Ijo?

It is only basement fool that shies away from correct ancestral history. It has been from Nwagbara to Alagberie. Amaikiri to Amachree, Ubani to Ibani (I guess it is coined from Ibanifugbara) and Ama Onyeabo to Amanyenabo. The so-called Ijo are boat people or rightfully European porters.

In addition, Ijo shameless twisters have manipulated Akan and Fante names to suit their idiotic ends. What about the names of European Ship Captains and Ship mates from Uk, Spain, Portugal, Holland, India, Philippine and Gold Coast? Any place the Ijo people tried to usurp the land, they have been told in no uncertain manner that a fisherman settler does not own a land. The issue of Gelegele quickly comes to mind when a representative of Oba in Benin City said Ijo in Edo State are strangers.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by DuduNegro: 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
All these dog barking and wolf howling from ibo simply because ijo claim high population. wth!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 16, 2012
Chyz*:

Engennis are in no way whatsoever ijaws.No way! The are an Edo people who language is directly related to Bini. The migerated to the area during the Benin Emperial Era. Don't get it twisted dude!

I do not normally refer no one to wiki but at least who ever posted this on wiki made a little point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engenni_people

That The Engenni people consider themselves as Ijaws. Ogba Egbema people speak Igbo but claimed to have come from Benin.... Even the Ikweres in their history claimed to have come from Benin. Elements of these Benin migrants may have settled among the Engennis but The native Engenni people are pure Ijaw.. Abuloma, Bukuma, Degema, Obonnoma, Okpo, Ido Are a few of Engenni elements and they live in Kalabari and Okrika enclave as normal Ijaw people ,. In Bayelsa the Ogbia, Epie Attisa of Yenagoa including President Jonathan's village of ATUAKE, Okordia to Mbiama to Rivers state Akinima and Joinkrama and Biseni and South of Mbiama including Okarki to Oruma and all the clans along the ORASHI river through Abua Odual land down to Degema are Proto Engenni people whose dialect is termed EPIE ATTISA and They are 100% IJAW.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him / Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) / Pls, Who Have An Idea About Alliance In Motion Global (AIM)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.