Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41927 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

Actually I am about to start a thread that would question Igbo support for you to continue to enjoy offshore oil money (which is what gives most of you the stomach to vomit crap on this site). IMHO, unless there is something I don't see (and I hardly miss anything) I don't see what Ndigbo gains by supporting that policy.

@My Igbo brothers,

Please join me in examining the onshore/offshore dichotomy, and let us tell ourselves some home truths.
Is that policy good for us in any way?
Let's be honest to ourselves.
I'll start the thread.

The truth is that Ijaws are strangers in the Niger-area;These ppl has no resememblance of any form to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria,so what makes them think the offshore crude belongs to them ? The north has made the same arguement and I reason with them. I personally feel that the 13% derivation policy should apply to only the inland oil fields.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Chyz2: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:
Yenagoa, Mbiama,,Okordia, Okarki , Joinkrama, Oruma, Biseni and even to parts of Ogbia are all Engenni. They are all IJAWS.

Wow! Dude, after this comment, please never open your mouth about Ijaw again because obviously you know nothing ouside of your watered down Ijaw group kalabari
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: I'm starting a new thread titled "WHO SAYS THE IJAWS BETRAYED THE IGBOS DURING THE CIVIL WAR" Enough is enough for these igbos shouting everywhere that ijaws betrayed them.

Thats the Igbo chorus.

Everybody betrayed them. Yorubas, Ijaws, Tiv, Edo, Malaysians, Argentine, Italian even Gid betrayed them

Anumpams
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
LOOK AT THE IGBO BIGOTS WAITING FOR ME TO OPEN ANOTHER FORUM FOR THEM TO DISPLAY THEIR IGNORANCE, I'D RATHER ENGAGE ANY OF THESE EDUCATED-ILLITERATE IGBOS IN A FACE TO FACE DEBATE MODERATED BY OLUWASEUN OSEWA HIMSELF AT UNIBEN WHERE I SCHOOL WITH A HIGH DEFINITION CAMERA TO RECORD OUR ARGUMENT. I'M WAITING FOR THE FIRST FOOL TO PICK UP THE CHALLENGE. ALL ETHNIC GROUPS ARE INVITED TO GIVE THE FINAL VERDICT.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ChinenyeN(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: LOOK AT THE IGBO BIGOTS WAITING FOR ME TO OPEN ANOTHER FORUM FOR THEM TO DISPLAY THEIR IGNORANCE, I'D RATHER ENGAGE ANY OF THESE EDUCATED-ILLITERATE IGBOS IN A FACE TO FACE DEBATE MODERATED BY OLUWASEUN OSEWA HIMSELF AT UNIBEN WHERE I SCHOOL WITH A HIGH DEFINITION CAMERA TO RECORD OUR ARGUMENT. I'M WAITING FOR THE FIRST FOOL TO PICK UP THE CHALLENGE. ALL ETHNIC GROUPS ARE INVITED TO GIVE THE FINAL VERDICT.

Well this is useless proposition, and anyone [Igbo] who agrees to such would only prove him or herself dumb for having accepted it.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by kodewrita(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
God help nigeria oh. Any attempt to separate will result in massive genocide.

Guess I have to thank my illustrious Yoruba ancestors for successfully homogenizing large parts of the southwest. At least aside from any minor intra-Yoruba conflicts, we have less to be scared of.

PH will definitely be one hot zone if a secession happens because of all these self-appointed landlords. Warri too(though I see other tribes getting dragged into that one).

The best bet in nigeria is to stop sharing revenue or political seats on the basis of population otherwise people will start falsifying numbers to gain more for their own sectional and personal interests. Or better still, lets go regional and then each region will be forced to use real figures to administer their territories or risk wastage/economic downturn.

It is well.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: LOOK AT THE IGBO BIGOTS WAITING FOR ME TO OPEN ANOTHER FORUM FOR THEM TO DISPLAY THEIR IGNORANCE, I'D RATHER ENGAGE ANY OF THESE EDUCATED-ILLITERATE IGBOS IN A FACE TO FACE DEBATE MODERATED BY OLUWASEUN OSEWA HIMSELF AT UNIBEN WHERE I SCHOOL WITH A HIGH DEFINITION CAMERA TO RECORD OUR ARGUMENT. I'M WAITING FOR THE FIRST FOOL TO PICK UP THE CHALLENGE. ALL ETHNIC GROUPS ARE INVITED TO GIVE THE FINAL VERDICT.

What a whole load of crap?

What's so forking special abt uniben?

nonsense!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ACM10: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Igbos should confront the Ijaws the way we confront Hausas/Fulanis and Yorubas. They need to get Yoruba treatment on the social media networks. Appeasing Ijaws has never worked for us. Ijaws can either fear & love us OR they loathe us! Presently, they loathe us and our insistence on accomodating them in our big tent has failed! We can't pretend about our complicated relationship with them. The only way we can command their respect is by letting them know that we are not ready to appease them.
I was forced to confront one high ranking official in Bayelsan government and challenged the lies he peddled about Igbos inside a car enroute to PH. I tore down his arguments and took him to the cleaners. He accused Igbos of controlling all the levers of power in GEJ government. He specifically mentioned Diezani Allison-Madueke. His lies and misinformations are so incredible that I have to break my silence to confront him. So I set about to disabuse his mind and that 4 other passengers with superior argument. I pity the man because he just can't measure up. Ijaws are not our friends. They fear and loathe Igbos. That fear has snowballed into paranoia with time. They look towards us as potential domineering big neighbour. Let us tell ourselves the truth
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2012

Weren't you the one that threatened to open a thread focusing on that discussion. Now you are getting angry that they accepted the challenge. Nairaland wetin i no go see. This thread is getting a bit hilarious. Moving around from one discussion to another, i do not even know what direction you all are going anymore.

Still an interesting read nonetheless but comical
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

The truth is that Ijaws are strangers in the Niger-area;These ppl has no resememblance of any form to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria,so what makes them think the offshore crude belongs to them ? The north has made the same arguement and I reason with them. I personally feel that the 13% derivation policy should apply to only the inland oil fields.

LOL.. JEALOUSY... TALK TOO MUCH AND WE LEAVE YOUR NASTY COUNTRY AND EVEN CLOSE OUR SEA PORTS FOR EVER.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

LOL.. JEALOUSY... TALK TOO MUCH AND WE LEAVE YOUR NASTY COUNTRY AND EVEN CLOSE OUR SEA PORTS FOR EVER.

and that is when we will remind you that they were never yours to begin with
you came with european traders as porters
that is why you dress with your ridiculous cowboy caps, and go by european names
you came from gold coast
to gold coast you shall return
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

Actually I am about to start a thread that would question Igbo support for you to continue to enjoy offshore oil money (which is what gives most of you the stomach to vomit crap on this site). IMHO, unless there is something I don't see (and I hardly miss anything) I don't see what Ndigbo gains by supporting that policy.

@My Igbo brothers,

Please join me in examining the onshore/offshore dichotomy, and let us tell ourselves some home truths.
Is that policy good for us in any way?
Let's be honest to ourselves.
I'll start the thread.

Igbos were commodity owned by powerful Ijaw chiefs that were sold to make big money which was used to build mansion in Buguma and Abonnema.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
ACM10: Igbos should confront the Ijaws the way we confront Hausas/Fulanis and Yorubas. They need to get Yoruba treatment on the social media networks. Appeasing Ijaws has never worked for us. Ijaws can either fear & love us OR they loathe us! Presently, they loathe us and our insistence on accomodating them in our big tent has failed! We can't pretend about our complicated relationship with them. The only way we can command their respect is by letting them know that we are not ready to appease them.
I was forced to confront one high ranking official in Bayelsan government and challenged the lies he peddled about Igbos inside a car enroute to PH. I tore down his arguments and took him to the cleaners. He accused Igbos of controlling all the levers of power in GEJ government. He specifically mentioned Diezani Allison-Madueke. His lies and misinformations are so incredible that I have to break my silence to confront him. So I set about to disabuse his mind and that 4 other passengers with superior argument. I pity the man because he just can't measure up. Ijaws are not our friends. They fear and loathe Igbos. That fear has snowballed into paranoia with time. They look towards us as potential domineering big neighbour. Let us tell ourselves the truth

What were you going to Port Harcourt for ? You should be going to Onitsha or ABA and not Port Harcourt the Ijaw town. How many of you Igbos have ran to Port Harcourt forcing your selves to be part of Oyigbo so you could be named Rivers people ? shameless people.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
re@lchange:

and that is when we will remind you that they were never yours to begin with
you came with european traders as porters
that is why you dress with your ridiculous cowboy caps, and go by european names
you came from gold coast
to gold coast you shall return

You Igbo gays. You see How Hausa kill you people for fun ? Thats how Ijaws will treat you when the time comes.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
ACM10: Igbos should confront the Ijaws the way we confront Hausas/Fulanis and Yorubas. They need to get Yoruba treatment on the social media networks. Appeasing Ijaws has never worked for us. Ijaws can either fear & love us OR they loathe us! Presently, they loathe us and our insistence on accomodating them in our big tent has failed! We can't pretend about our complicated relationship with them. The only way we can command their respect is by letting them know that we are not ready to appease them.

How many people hate Igbos? Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Berom, Tiv, Who else? Chinese, Mongolian Arab?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

Igbos were commodity owned by powerful Ijaw chiefs that were sold to make big money which was used to build mansion in Buguma and Abonnema.

you were the first african slaves captured, indoctrinated and armed by the european slave traders to help them deal in slaves
you first lost your own origin -around ghana, and came to niger delta coast in company of slave traders
your so called "powerful ijaw chiefs" still had to crown an igbo boy (jaja) to rule over them
one of these days, you shall return to ghana
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

You Igbo gays. You see How Hausa kill you people for fun ? Thats how Ijaws will treat you when the time comes.

that's when you will return for sure to ghana or drink atlantic ocean
even only abia state can chase you away
animals
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
dede1 talks a lot of sense when he says that the only way to deal with nigeria's future is outright war of disintegration
everyone to himself
let me see how ijaw will remain in their current position
ranting ants
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

What were you going to Port Harcourt for ? You should be going to Onitsha or ABA and not Port Harcourt the Ijaw town. How many of you Igbos have ran to Port Harcourt forcing your selves to be part of Oyigbo so you could be named Rivers people ? shameless people.

Abeg stop trying to steal another man property and claim as your own. Till now, none of you, especially you cause you've made some crazy claims, cannot dispute anything thus result to insult. The way I'm watching this thread, i am getting very scared on the migration of ijaw to other areas. I fear more territory gripping and population jump. I just pray these whole sh1t is just NL craziness and not a reality thing

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ChinenyeN(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut: You Igbo gays. You see How Hausa kill you people for fun ? Thats how Ijaws will treat you when the time comes.
undecided Asari has work to do on his own people.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
ChinenyeN:
undecided Asari has work to do on his own people.

i have never seen where an ant killed a lion before
it just can't happen
rather the lion will squish the ant with his little paw
that insect is getting too delusional
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

I would actually like to see how ijaw can achieve your threat. Lets see, even now that GEJ is the president, most of the people in his administration are Igbo. Whenever your ppl are clamoring for anything political, you all drag Igbo into it either by begging or mentioning our ethic group name therefore your threat cannot work political. Cannot work economical since the Igbo own more than your ijaw. Cannot work military since there are more Igbo in military than ijaw. Cannot work citizenship.ly since Igbo population is higher than Ijaw in all areas. Plus, since GEJ became president. Thanks to una tribalism over his administration and insulting other groups, your people have pissed off every ethnic group in north and west. Your only ally is SS and SE and una are constantly fighting SS groups especially urhobo and iteskiri, thus they are suspicious of una. Now in terms of SE they are suspicious of you all also thus ijaw standing by yourself with ally that will probably throw una under the bus if you piss them off too much. Most of your ppl intermarry into Igboland thus family dispute had to occur for your threat to carry out

I would actually like to see how Ijaw plan on achieving your threat.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by AndreUweh(m): 12:18am On Sep 15, 2012
dayokanu:

How many people hate Igbos? Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Berom, Tiv, Who else? Chinese, Mongolian Arab?
Aszhole, get out of this thread you bloody oil souper.
IJAW/IGBO Imbroglio is an eastern affair as well as a family affair.
Scram, bloody fool.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2012
THESE IGBOS ARE PROBABLY HIGH ON IGBO LEAVE. NO WONDER THEY LIKE EATING LEAF SO MUCH. MAYBE THEY ARE PROBABLY STILL LIVING IN THE 60s WHERE EASTERN REGION WAS SHARED TO THEM BY THE BRITISH AS THEIR PROPERTY. PLS OPEN UR EYES WIDE OPEN ( IBIBRA ANI TORU BO FINI), THIS IS 2012, THEIR IS NO MORE EASTERN REGION TO DOMINATE. "FEAR HE WHO IS HAVING ACCESS TO THE OCEAN" SO FEAR THE IJAWS AND YORUBAS, I DONT THINK THE IBIBIO/EFIK/ANAANG PEOPLE WOULD WANNA STAND BY YOU ANYMORE. IT EVERYBODY FOR THEMSELVES. MAY I ASK WHY YOU GUYS HAVENT MANUFACTURED ANY CLAIMS TO CROSS RIVERS/AKWA IBOM TERRITORIES?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 12:37am On Sep 15, 2012
I find all this talking (well some of them can talk I think) with ibo people boring. I have =N=10 which of you ibo lot wants it? My feet need a good rub down - to my Ijaw brothers , just throw some money at them and give them orders. That's how to deal with ibo.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 12:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Chyz*:

Wow! Dude, after this comment, please never open your mouth about Ijaw again because obviously you know nothing ouside of your watered down Ijaw group kalabari
Why are you acting so mad and confused, is it simply because you learnt that the engennis, abuas, oduas and ogbias are actually Ijaws with altered language. If you continue being shocked like this at every new thing you learn about ijaws, nna, you might get heart attack someday. so biko, nwanu, stop being surprised like this, you know ur parents wont like to bury you. or pls get an oxygen mask nearby cos the next one might chock you.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 12:55am On Sep 15, 2012
Johndoe100: I find all this talking (well some of them can talk I think) with ibo people boring. I have =N=10 which of you ibo lot wants it? My feet need a good rub down - to my Ijaw brothers , just throw some money at them and give them orders. That's how to deal with ibo.
I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE STOP HONOURING THEM WITH OUR EDUCATIVE RESPONSES. ITS TIME TO MOCK THEIR ARROGANCE
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 1:34am On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: THESE IGBOS ARE PROBABLY HIGH ON IGBO LEAVE. NO WONDER THEY LIKE EATING LEAF SO MUCH. MAYBE THEY ARE PROBABLY STILL LIVING IN THE 60s WHERE EASTERN REGION WAS SHARED TO THEM BY THE BRITISH AS THEIR PROPERTY. PLS OPEN UR EYES WIDE OPEN ( IBIBRA ANI TORU BO FINI), THIS IS 2012, THEIR IS NO MORE EASTERN REGION TO DOMINATE. "FEAR HE WHO IS HAVING ACCESS TO THE OCEAN" SO FEAR THE IJAWS AND YORUBAS, I DONT THINK THE IBIBIO/EFIK/ANAANG PEOPLE WOULD WANNA STAND BY YOU ANYMORE. IT EVERYBODY FOR THEMSELVES. MAY I ASK WHY YOU GUYS HAVENT MANUFACTURED ANY CLAIMS TO CROSS RIVERS/AKWA IBOM TERRITORIES?

I'm very happy you wrote this yourself. Its a verdict that proves Igbos are quite truthful and vindicates us. In the 1960's Port-Harcourt was 60% Igbo and 40% Ijaw. Port Harcourt is 90% Igbo today and 5% Ijaw 5% Ogoni. In near future, it will be 95 percent Igbo, 4% Ogoni and 1% Ijaw. The reason is because Ijaw has no land for the city to expand. The limits of Port Harcourt are Abia State and Imo State. An Ikwerre man Eze Oriji was deceived into agreeing on behalf of Ikwerre that Okrika, Kalabari and others could form a State with them instead of their Igbo brothers and they paid dearly for that until Odili liberated them. Most of the places between Trans Amadi and Abuloma, we all know how they became Okrika land. Even Town and Old GRA is questionable. Borokiri used to be a market where Igbos and Ijaws were trading together and hence was jointly owned. Okrika in itself is an ethnic group formed from mix of Igbo and Ijaw. The truth is that we need to thread carefully to avoid a war between brothers for no just cause. Ikwerres left those lands because they still have enough but I foresee a future where they will want them back.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 2:33am On Sep 15, 2012
LOL.......I LAUGH IN OKRIKA DIALECT.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ezeagu(m): 2:46am On Sep 15, 2012
killayut:

And what about Egbema in Edo and Bayelsa states ? Are they Igbos too ? Know the history of a people before you argue. Do you even know what Egbema MEAN ?[size=18pt]There is OKOLOMA in Ndoki land[/size] and OKOLOMAis not an Igbo name but Ibani - Ijaw. Even Okrika people has a settlement near Oyigbo and we all know it and there is no dispute about it too. So learn about the true origin of the Egbema people before you argue.

Chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ektbear: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2012
Interesting thread.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by sheyguy: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2012
A very interesting thread indeed . . . The Igbos on NL or 'Igbo IDs' on NL have their eyes set on the a do or die alliance with the Ijaws for the sole sake of sharing the oil in and around ijaw land with them. It is a fact that Ijaws go with water bodies and most of Nigerias oil are found around our waters. What the igbos don't realise the Ijaws know is the fact that they treasure and admire the linkage btw Ijaw land and oil rich coastline.
At last, every body don appear to bear their papa name . . . And the loser is . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Receives NEMA Officials In His Residence. Photos / Throwback Photo Of Abba Kyari As A Cadet At The Nigeria Police Academy / Knocks As Maina Smiles, Waves At Associates After Jail Sentence - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.