Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41935 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:26am On Sep 14, 2012
Johndoe100:

This is the central question. For quite a while now the ibo people have used every opportunity to harass the Ijaw, misinform members as to things pertaining to Ijaw, who are the people of Rivers state etc. I had thought it was just them being their normal lousy selves, but it turns out that they seem to have an agenda. As with all such ibo agendas it will fail. Look at the nonsense they have been posting here. Ibo's always fail. We, the Ijaws and the people of Rivers state have thrown you barbarians out and there is no coming back.

I know that you in particular feed through the anus, I would still warn you to desist from your idiocy.
I only pit the sane Ijaw because goats like you are speaking for them and building bad blood with your IMMEDIATE neighbors.
If you don't know what to say, you should shut up.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:35am On Sep 14, 2012
@My Igbo brothers,

This type of thread is why we Ndigbo wanted to organize ourselves here in Nairaland, to basically organize how we project ourselves and our priorities.
This thread is unnecessary and irrelevant because it changes nothing in Nigeria.
However, as we say in Igbo, Uche bu akpa, onye bula nya nke ya -common sense is like a bad, each individual carries his own around.

@Ijaw people here,

I would continue to caution you STRONGLY to cease and desist from your insults of Ndigbo. You cannot do anything to us in CURRENT Nigeria - trust me on that; but we can do A WHOLE LOT to you in Nigeria. You drew the first blood by stabbing us in the back during the civil war. We forgave you and have been trying to treat you like equals and humans.
Evil is very easy to copy. We Ndigbo can copy evil from elsewhere in Nigeria, and if we do, you will know that you cannot stand us in the art of brinkmanship.
Do not wake a sleeping lion.

Nuff said again.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 3:45am On Sep 14, 2012
@onlytruth
Stabbing you in the back? By not allowing you to kill, rape and maim us? Anyway everybody knows you and your people for what you are.

Onlytruth:

I know that you in particular feed through the anus, I would still warn you to desist from your idiocy.
I only pit the sane Ijaw because goats like you are speaking for them and building bad blood with your IMMEDIATE neighbors.
If you don't know what to say, you should shut up.

Please spare me your semi-literate bable. Tell your people to stop the nonsense they are doing. We (my people and I) have enough to contend with, without having to spend valuable time fending off slobbering ibo people who are trying to once again take us over.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Johndoe100: @onlytruth
Stabbing you in the back? By not allowing you to kill, rape and maim us? Anyway everybody knows you and your people for what you are.

Please spare me your semi-literate bable. Tell your people to stop the nonsense they are doing. We (my people and I) have enough to contend with, without having to spend valuable time fending off slobbering ibo people who are trying to once again take us over.

You are a coward because all your posts here reeks of insecurity. People from far away lands have killed, maimed and ra.ped you since you launched your stupid MEND.
They did more of it than your imagination can ever contend with, yet you are still looking behind your backs waiting for the time Igbo would do the same to you.
Little wonder why no one respects you across the two rivers in Nigeria -Niger and Benue. If not for we Igbo, you would have been wiped out by now.
Ewu.

BTW You have already been taken over. Get used to it. wink

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NegroNtns(m): 3:54am On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth: @My Igbo brothers,

This type of thread is why we Ndigbo wanted to organize ourselves here in Nairaland, to basically organize how we project ourselves and our priorities.
This thread is unnecessary and irrelevant because it changes nothing in Nigeria.
However, as we say in Igbo, Uche bu akpa, onye bula nya nke ya -common sense is like a bad, each individual carries his own around.

@Ijaw people here,

I would continue to caution you STRONGLY to cease and desist from your insults of Ndigbo. You cannot do anything to us in CURRENT Nigeria - trust me on that; but we can do A WHOLE LOT to you in Nigeria. You drew the first blood by stabbing us in the back during the civil war. We forgave you and have been trying to treat you like equals and humans.
Evil is very easy to copy. We Ndigbo can copy evil from elsewhere in Nigeria, and if we do, you will know that you cannot stand us in the art of brinkmanship.

Nuff said again.

Nna, Yoruba stab you in the back, Ijaw stab you in the back, Ibibio stab you in the back, Tiv stab you in the back..........but Hausaman stab you in the front and you refused to fight, instead you headed West spilling innocent blood and planting biafra flags.

My friend go take ya snuff and go to bed.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:56am On Sep 14, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Nna, Yoruba stab you in the back, Ijaw stab you in the back, Ibibio stab you in the back, Tiv stab you in the back..........but Hausaman stab you in the front and you refused to fight, instead you headed West spilling innocent blood and planting biafra flags.

My friend go take ya snuff and go to bed.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Good one. cool
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:58am On Sep 14, 2012
@negro,

Believe me the stabbing in the back was done by people in SOUTHERN Nigeria. We Ndigbo fought with Northern Nigeria in a direct war, and they were supported by world powers.
Aboki know us very well. All you need to do is shout Nyamiri in Kano and watch as aboki's heart skips a bit.

Y'all down south are just irritants. Nothing more.
BTW stabbing us in the back will NEVER happen again in Nigeria. cool
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NegroNtns(m): 4:01am On Sep 14, 2012
I hear there is a biafra declaration on Nov 5th. Advise bzm to shelf the idea. There are far too many of you outside alaigbo to make this declaration a success for the land.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NegroNtns(m): 4:04am On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth: @negro,

Believe me the stabbing in the back was done by people in SOUTHERN Nigeria. We Ndigbo fought with Northern Nigeria in a direct war, and they were supported by world powers.
Aboki know us very well. All you need to do is shout Nyamiri in Kano and watch as aboki's heart skips a bit.

Y'all down south are just irritants. Nothing more.
BTW stabbing us in the back will NEVER happen again in Nigeria. cool

I follow you and hope not. We pray never again to ally with a group that aims to stomp our land with boots and guns.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 4:08am On Sep 14, 2012
Negro_Ntns: I hear there is a biafra declaration on Nov 5th. Advise bzm to shelf the idea. There are far too many of you outside alaigbo to make this declaration a success for the land.

You may not believe it but I don't support Biafra now. There are still some hay to make in Nigeria. cool
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 4:12am On Sep 14, 2012
Johndoe100:

This is the central question. For quite a while now the ibo people have used every opportunity to harass the Ijaw, misinform members as to things pertaining to Ijaw, who are the people of Rivers state etc. I had thought it was just them being their normal lousy selves, but it turns out that they seem to have an agenda. As with all such ibo agendas it will fail. Look at the nonsense they have been posting here. Ibo's always fail. We, the Ijaws and the people of Rivers state have thrown you barbarians out and there is no coming back.

Look at this blubbering 1diot. Everyone has been following this thread since it began including I. EVERYONE on NL including non-igbo have spokenon this thread and mention the fallacy on the whole ijaw 4th tribe position and the nonsense spreading of community all the way to states ijaw aren't found. You aint got mouth to talk sh1t to them like the coward you are. Unlike others, the Igbo's are the most Vocal because you and your likes are stretching your territory gripping all the way to Igbo group and claiming igbo community including those in SE as part of your community. One even went to extent to claiming an Igbo celebrity as one of your own and still maintain that ideology despite evidence giving to prove otherwise. Though granted they are also correcting other community groups in which some ijaws are claiming. Lay away from Igbo territories both in rivers and SE, groups and people and the whole ijaw are 4th in Nigeria and whatever else fallacy can spread. We all read this entire thread and we all see what the whole argument is all about.

If you do not have any intelligent thing to contribute then leave the f2king job to your brothers like killyaut and ijaw citizen that are obviously smarter than you to do the God damn job. It is not a must that every tom and jerry must talk

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NegroNtns(m): 4:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

You may not believe it but I don't support Biafra now. There are still some hay to make in Nigeria. cool

Whaattt shocked Well, you know Ijaws just declared that they are part of Yoruba commonwealth. So, if biafra is dead then ibos that want to become Yorubas are welcome.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 5:07am On Sep 14, 2012
Envy is an incurable disease. I pray for the day everyone can live without having nightmares of Igbo domination. Envy is an incurable disease. I pray for the day everyone can live without having nightmares of Igbo domination.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by dayokanu(m): 5:28am On Sep 14, 2012
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 14, 2012
cantell:
Bros, i don't think so. Kalabaris are not Igbos.

They want me to write it that way to please them so I did. LOL
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 14, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Yet the places you claim as Ijaw are not Ijaws. In Ahoada West, the group you called Ijaws are not Ijaws, they are Engenni. Engenni has never at anytime being Ijaws. Even at that there are more Ekpeyes (Igbo) than Engennis in Ahoada.

If you say Engennis are not Ijaws mean you do not know Ijaws. YENAGOA the Ijaw capital is an Epie ATTISA town . Epie Attisa are Engennis. Yenagoa, Mbiama,,Okordia, Okarki , Joinkrama, Oruma, Biseni and even to parts of Ogbia are all Engenni . They are all IJAWS.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: If you take a critical look at the andonnis, abua-odua, degema and obolo people, you will find out that they are at the extreme boundaries of Ijawland and as such they have lost their language to their neighbours across the ijaw border for reasons such as trade and intermarriage. But they havent lost their culture and history which shows that they are Ijaw people. i hope you're getting educated. It doesnt matter how you assess the Ijaw population in Rivers, we're still the majority and ur analysis wont change anything so you better come to terms with reality and stop feeling comfortable with ur delusions & the lies you're spreading here. get a life dude!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth: @My Igbo brothers,

@Ijaw people here,

You guys have been trying in vain to harm Ijaws and take their land. What Hausa have not done to you is what Ijaws would do to you when the time comes. WATCH IT. You Igbos brought this topic and started your sarcasm. Ijaws only responded to it and now you are getting mad. LEAVE IJAW ALONE.

Nuff said again.

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aduboy(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2012
I can see from this thread that ijaw the smallest ethnic group in the south south geopolitical zone are now claiming the fourth largest in Nigeria. Wonders shall never end. So ijaw now has more population than edo, effik, ibibio, urohbo,itsekiri,ikwere, ogoni etc. Is it because GEJ is the president ? These people should shut their small mouth because they are still minority in the south south talk less of Nigeria. Gaskiya
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aduboy(m): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2012
[quote author=killayut][/quote]
I laugh in ijaw language. Ant challenging elephant. I wonder what ijaws would do to Ndigbo when they couldn't stand the urohbos and itsekiris. Bunch of ogogoro drunkards. Infact talk is cheap.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2012
dayokanu: I am curious as to why Igbos are the ones most aggrieved by this Ijaw declaration

I just wonder.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

I guess one can also wonder why Yorubas are the most aggrieved and agitated by Goodluck Jonathan's presidency.
The most derogatory names given to GEJ has been by you for example.

OnlyLies, ur lies are indeed world class.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2012
I'm starting a new thread titled "WHO SAYS THE IJAWS BETRAYED THE IGBOS DURING THE CIVIL WAR" Enough is enough for these igbos shouting everywhere that ijaws betrayed them.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ACM10: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: I'm starting a new thread titled "WHO SAYS THE IJAWS BETRAYED THE IGBOS DURING THE CIVIL WAR" Enough is enough for these igbos shouting everywhere that ijaws betrayed them.

Pls do! cool I'm itching to join this debate
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2012
ACM10:

Pls do! cool I'm itching to join this debate

Me too.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2012
ijaw citizen: I'm starting a new thread titled "WHO SAYS THE IJAWS BETRAYED THE IGBOS DURING THE CIVIL WAR" Enough is enough for these igbos shouting everywhere that ijaws betrayed them.
We're waiting...
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ChinenyeN(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
A debate that will only overflow with nonsense from both the Ijo and Igbo sides of the useless front.
Igbijo seem to love to argue like kin. lipsrsealed
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Dede1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2012

Please shut up your putrid gap. Ijo are not fundamental ethnic group in Nigeria and do not have the social order to betray housefly
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dede1:

Please shut up your putrid gap. Ijo are not fundamental ethnic group in Nigeria and do not have the social order to betray housefly

Hmmmmmm, from the garbage you posted I take it that you are an ibo person trying to speak. Please grunt and squeak to a more evolved member of your tribe to translate for us. Boy I never realized that the ibo have regressed this far. Sad.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2012

Actually I am about to start a thread that would question Igbo support for you to continue to enjoy offshore oil money (which is what gives most of you the stomach to vomit crap on this site). IMHO, unless there is something I don't see (and I hardly miss anything) I don't see what Ndigbo gains by supporting that policy.

@My Igbo brothers,

Please join me in examining the onshore/offshore dichotomy, and let us tell ourselves some home truths.
Is that policy good for us in any way?
Let's be honest to ourselves.
I'll start the thread.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2012

I can't wait,foool!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Chyz2: 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
killayut:

If you say Engennis are not Ijaws mean you do not know Ijaws. YENAGOA the Ijaw capital is an Epie ATTISA town . Epie Attisa are Engennis. Yenagoa, Mbiama,,Okordia, Okarki , Joinkrama, Oruma, Biseni and even to parts of Ogbia are all Engenni . They are all IJAWS.

Engennis are in no way whatsoever ijaws.No way! The are an Edo people who language is directly related to Bini. The migerated to the area during the Benin Emperial Era. Don't get it twisted dude!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) / Pls, Who Have An Idea About Alliance In Motion Global (AIM)? / Akin Ambode Releases His Resume To Silence His Critics In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.