Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (34222 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ejiné: Can't stop laughing! With every successive post of yours, you continue to reinforce my notions on your illiteracy. But not to worry, knocking sense into misguided dumbos is my favorite pastime. Let's see. . .

LMAO! You truly are a misguided dunce. For the umpteenth time, the singular word (Horribilis) does NOT exist separately!
GOOGLE IT, idiot! It is ATTACHED to a another word, before it gains a proper meaning.
Annus Horribilis
Ursus Horribilis
Mensis Horribilis

It does NOT exist separately! If you want to sound clever, why not at least read up on the words you want to use before using them?
While the definition stands, its CONTEXT is completely off, slowpoke! You should learn the latin phrases and the context before picking off the words. Like I said, jacking off words from a dusty outdated handbook does not equate to intelligence. Try again.

I'm sorry, the highlighted doesn't make any sense. You call yourself a thinker, but cannot construct words properly? Can you now see why I don't take you seriously.
Work on your grammar, my brother. It's for your own good.

Yet another goof. Very sad. I hope you now realize why I call you a local champion.
By the way. . . are you by any chance related to Kosovo? Cuz you sound just as dumb grin grin

I understand your IQ is way below room temperature, and that could possibly explain this silly goof. Read this thread from the beginning and come back to tell me who first quoted each other. Fellow, I don't care about your opinions and your posts, and that is why I've never bothered to read them until you started by quoting me. I thought I already made that clear, so please, self-flattery does not help your case.

A sound clap "Kpa"... Another one "Kpa" and a bigger one Kpa kpa kpa kpa... LWMMC!. You're funny dude, so jobless that you break down all my words and do some justice to em.... Applauds once again for another bunkum well constructed and oops if you hustle well, New york times might use you as a freelance writer(just thinking aloud) and as for "Kosovo", you mind definning that?
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by chino11(m): 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
^

My brother, everybody has complained about this nuisance called ejuna ejine. He has brought his frustration to bear on NL, we are not responsible for his bad fortunes in life, illiteracy and cluelessness. Always fighting ghost. The next thing now he will brand you chino. lol. Anybody that rises to correct his clownishness and daftness he brand the person chino. grin

I have been following with keen interest the rugged and rough manner with which are lynching the eddiot of the day called ejine.

On behalf of all members of NL we commend you to continue the good works of sending that monster ejine to the abyss. cool
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by iiiyyyk(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2012
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt is not as bad as you paint it. It is true that a lot of areas are littered with mushroom rusty houses but they are restricted to ancient villages that the rapid expansion of the city got them into the metropolis.

Such places as Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumuokwurusi, Eneka, Igwruta, Rukpokwu, Eligbam, Orogbum/ Ogbunabali, Rumukalagbo, Elelenwo, Rumuipirikom, Rumuoparali, Rumuolumeni, Rumuodara, Rukpakwulusi, Eliozu, Rumuokoro, Rumuagholu, Eliowhani, Rumunduru, Oroigwe, Eligbolo, Elimgbu, Nkpolu, Oromenike/D-line,woji/Rumurolu, Mgbuoba, Ozuoba,Rumuosi, Rumuomasi, Oginigba/slaughter etc all had large village settlement that were once outside the city but have been engulfed. You cannot demolish people's village compound and we all know how traditional compounds are. Narrow roads and house clusters with an outpost known as "Obiri Oro or Oha" which in most cases nowadays have been covered with stores.

Owerri is free of that for now.

these areas and many more are the bulk of ph today and are really really bad. like you said, the rapid growth of the city without any commensurate planing and mapping has been a very pig problem, no roads no streets, people build house any how. the high cost of housing forces people to buy one plot of land sometimes even half to put little little structures.

i love ph and can never talk bad of it. ph has great economic potentials. the truth is that the is realy no planning in the city. raining season makes the place become hell.

thank God amaechi is planning the new(greater) ph city.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by bestview: 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
malaria: My dear posta, if u are luking 4 a town 2 make a living[b] stay d Bleep away from O'twn.the only industry n o twn is.[/b]
[b]HOTEL thus they manufacture WoMan.[/b]buh if u wan spend Ur Money hmm I give 2 O'twn anytime anywhere.

When I made that point they all called for my head, the only thing owerre and imo state has to offer the nation is harlotry and HIV. lol. I think the governor should be hold to explain the ugly way things has turned horribly bad in that imo state. Development is not all about painting of any available wall in the town just to score fake and make believe goal. Due to high level of unemployment, there girls are helping themselves out by harassing traveler passing thru the sodom and gomora called imo state.

I will advice anybody to head for any economicalloy viable cities in Nigeria: PH, Lagos, and Onitsha.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
IMHO,this comparison is not fair (to both cities actually).owerri should actually be compared to old PH town,but why dont we let pictures do the talking...that should preety much settle it... grin
OWERRI....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2012
OWERRI....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2012
phantom: IMHO,this comparison is not fair (to both cities actually).owerri should actually be compared to old PH town,but why dont we let pictures do the talking...that should preety much settle it... grin
OWERRI....

You are right. Owerri is like from Amadi roundabout to Ikoku all the way to Old GRA and Town. If Port Harcourt is viewed from that small portion, then it is one of the most planned cities. I mentioned something like that earlier. I think one of my 1st response to the poster.

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
chino11: ^

My brother, everybody has complained about this nuisance called ejuna ejine. He has brought his frustration to bear on NL, we are not responsible for his bad fortunes in life, illiteracy and cluelessness. Always fighting ghost. The next thing now he will brand you chino. lol. Anybody that rises to correct his clownishness and daftness he brand the person chino. grin

I have been following with keen interest the rugged and rough manner with which are lynching the eddiot of the day called ejine.

On behalf of all members of NL we commend you to continue the good works of sending that monster ejine to the abyss. cool

I noticed that he has been a bane to sane interaction ever since and its really bad of him. I meant no insult but I think the lad need to be burn at the stake.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
bestview:

When I made that point they all called for my head, the only thing owerre and imo state has to offer the nation is harlotry and HIV. lol. I think the governor should be hold to explain the ugly way things has turned horribly bad in that imo state. Development is not all about painting of any available wall in the town just to score fake and make believe goal. Due to high level of unemployment, there girls are helping themselves out by harassing traveler passing thru the sodom and gomora called imo state.

I will advice anybody to head for any economicalloy viable cities in Nigeria: PH, Lagos, and Onitsha.

O boy STFU! and show us pictures of Onitsha. It is disgusting to mention Onitsha alongside Owerri or Port Harcourt because it is uninhabitable for sane folks like myself.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
Abagworo:

O boy STFU! and show us pictures of Onitsha. It is disgusting to mention Onitsha alongside Owerri or Port Harcourt because it is uninhabitable for sane folks like myself.

Sane folks?, Yourself?.... Hmmmm
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by iiiyyyk(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
bestview:

you can see that u are just making a full of your self, expressing how shallow you can reason. no doubt no body wants to reply you.

All over the world big cities are known with big hotels. newyork, paris, london, dubai hong gong name it.

i live in both cities, the are cheaper hotels in ph than in owerri. ph have a lot of small small chalets than owerri. i can also say boldly that girls in owerri are not in any way more corrupt than those in ph

All i know is that owerri have more standered hotels. by the way, who told you hotels are just all about prostitution. you think people spend billions of dollars building hotel all over the world just for prostitution. you must be a primitive child.

geographically, owerri is located between three commercial and crowdy cities onitsha aba and ph. a good businessman sees owerri as a cousy melting point to stay and break business deals.

on the other hand, tell me one city in the world were the is shortage of prostitutes. even in sharia countries the is still excess prostitutes. in some develop countries, prostitutes advertise their selves on television.

Go and check your national hiv survey b4 talking of hiv . you are really an ignorant fellow.

so go and develop your state without hotels and prostitutes lets see.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
OWERRI

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2012
OWERRI....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH.....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2012
@phantom. I think Owerri has developed far beyond the level of those pictures as at 2011 when I visited there last but still not enough to declare it as developed as PH.

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH...

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by bestview: 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
Abagworo:

b

What do you think that made you sane? You can say all the nonsense but cannot take away the fact that only Onitsha can be compared to PH economically in the whole of eastern region

I bet you there are more imo indegines living and doing there business in Onitsha than there are other SE Igbos.

If you doubt me go to the Drug Market @ Head Bridge. 95% of merchants in that market alone are all imo citizens. Please go and confirm it now.

However it is stupid and maddening to start the comparison of PH and small locked Owerre. My arguement is that PH, Onitsha and logos has similar things in common (Big markets, Sea/River Ports and rich population), and above all they major and only metropolitan Nigerian cities.

You cannot beginnig to classify owerre in that line because owerre is more like a local town only inhabited by imo people, infact you cannot find Anambra or Enugu citizens nor easterners living in Owerre or any part of imo state because of its local and inclined nature.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by phantom(m): 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH.....

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Dede1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
Anybody who thinks a town with more number of hotels than its fair share translates to harlotry is an irredeemable fool. I stand corrected; Enugu and Port Harcourt have more women of easy virtue than Owerri. Enugu was the eastern regional capital while Port Harcourt was regarded its sister town. Owerri, as a new capital city, is actually punching more than its weight class.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by chino11(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2012
mercenaryx:

I noticed that he has been a bane to sane interaction ever since and its really bad of him. I meant no insult but I think the lad need to be burn at the stake.

I know that the eddiot is still busy with his dictionaries trying to find answers to the words you used on him like (horribilus) correct me if am wrong. lol

Am sure he must be trading blames with his poor parents and why they sent him to night school. lol.

Everybody on NL has at one time or the other beaten him to coma, but you lynched him tonite. Dalu nwanne. cool
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
chino11:

I know that the eddiot is still busy with his dictionaries trying to find answers to the words you used on him like (horribilus) correct me if am wrong. lol

Am sure he must be trading blames with his poor parents and why they sent him to night school. lol.

Everybody on NL has at one time or the other beaten him to coma, but you lynched him tonite. Dalu nwanne. cool
Lwkmd.... The dude needed some words to put him in his right position(gallows) and I did that flawlessly.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by chino11(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
mercenaryx:
Lwkmd.... The dude needed some words to put him in his right position(gallows) and I did that flawlessly.

Am sure he will not show up here anytime soon. You really did a final job, I really feel so sorry for the poor lad. Infact he should go to children's section of NL. lol.

We all have families we care for, while he is still a boy eating from his mother's kitchen. Its so sad that he has brought his frustration on NL to attack anybody who tries to correct him and seek for his change of atitude and monstrous behavior.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2012
chino11:

Am sure he will not show up here anytime soon. You really did a final job, I really feel so sorry for the poor lad. Infact he should go to children's section of NL. lol.

We all have families we care for, while he is still a boy eating from his mother's kitchen. Its so sad that he has brought his frustration on NL to attack anybody who tries to correct him and seek for his change of atitude and monstrous behavior.

Gbam!... you speak like a sage. I will be honoured to know you more. freeman David is my name.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
chino11:

Your attention is needed in that link ASAP to show case how well your master has fared.

https://www.nairaland.com/895099/anambra-vs-abia-which-more#10414275

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Johndoe100(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
Owerri is a nice quiet town and I have had a lot of fun in the hotels, but that's it. Port Harcourt is a modern commercial city, the outlying villages need a face lift, that's about all.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 12:00am On Mar 18, 2012
Johndoe100: Owerri is a nice quiet town and I have had a lot of fun in the hotels, but that's it. Port Harcourt is a modern commercial city, the outlying villages need a face lift, that's about all.

Its quite simple. Owerri is a beautiful "town" while Port Harcourt is a complex "city" that has all the good,bad and ugly. They cannot be compared.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Irk(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2012
Well,I havnt been to Owerri but from what I've seen and heard of Ph,its got to be handed to them.. Its bigger,busier and more populated than Owerri. Hell,Owerri isnt even known for anything specific. With this in mind,the hat tips in favour of Portharcourt...
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by EzeUche(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
I dey laugh o!

Owerri is a nice quiet town, but it cannot be compared to Port Harcourt, the city where I was raised.

If you want to make money, then you live in PH, since it is more developed and has a lot of industries. Owerri does not have many industrie if at all. . . I would call it a commuter town, because most people could commute to Aba or PH from Owerri.

I could see myself living in Owerri when I want to settle down with a wife and have children.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Dede1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
It is funny people considered Onitsha and Port Harcourt as an economic bedrock of the east. The two self-made economic bedrocks of the east and often mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos are Onitsha and Aba.

Remove the crude oil activities from Port Harcourt, the city dies a natural death. Onitsha and Aba still hold firm in business activities without the new crazily intoxication of crude oil and still attract interested patrons from far away places such Manfe, and Kumba in Camaroon and Ibadan and Badagry in Nigeria.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dede1: It is funny people considered Onitsha and Port Harcourt as an economic bedrock of the east. The two self-made economic bedrocks of the east and often mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos are Onitsha and Aba.

Remove the crude oil activities from Port Harcourt, the city dies a natural death. Onitsha and Aba still hold firm in business activities without the new crazily intoxication of crude oil and still attract interested patrons from far away places such Manfe, and Kumba in Camaroon and Ibadan and Badagry in Nigeria.

Dede1 has come again. The kind of business in Port-Harcourt is unequaled in Africa. Petty trading is no business and that is why most qualified people vacate Aba and Onitsha where 90% of the population are petty traders. Why can't graduates carry file on the streets of both towns if they are on PH level. Aba is even better that wealth is created there by artisans than Onitsha which is almost entirely dependent on selling to people from outside the State.

Much of Nigerias wealth is created in Port Harcourt but a large chunk vacates to Abuja and Lagos..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Election Postponement, Says PDP Plans Emergency Meeting / Fayose Campaigns For Eyitayo Jegede In Ondo (Photos) / "I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.