Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,593 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? (6239 Views)

Can U Forgive A Partner Who Forgot Your Birth Date? / Can U Forgive And Accept A Cheating Partner Back? / How Many Times Will U Forgive Your Cheating Partner Be4 Giving Him The Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

1) For every action, there's a reaction. . . A consequence
2) You commit a sin, there's a consequence. . .
3) You cheat on me and contract STD's. I forgive you, but you'll suffer the consequence of the STD's alone.
4) You ask a child to sit or he'll be spanked. He stands, he gets spanked, his arse is hurting and he comes to you and says he's sorry. You say it's ok, but then, his arse still hurts. . . Consequence
5) You will be forgiven, but the consequence will still play out.
6) The consequence of infidelity to me is Divorce.
7) If you cheat on me, i forgive you, but the consequence will play out. . . Divorce!
cool If you need my support, i support you if i can, but we remain divorced. You are not my wife. . . Consequence
9) I have rights to forgive and keep or forgive and kick out. If i choose the latter, no problem. I can't live with you if i can't trust you. Hell, you did not just cheat, you took in a baby. . . What an insult!

What you have done in this case cannot be described as forgiveness.
1) There is no dispute about that.

2) If that had always strictly been the case I am pretty sure the world including you, would be out of existence by now.

3)That is a different case entirely and quite different from the one being discussed.

4) If you ask a child to sit and he disobeys, there are other ways to correct him other than spanking and trust me, he would still feel the brunt regardless.

5) I believe you are a christian. If that was how God ran this world, we would all be carcasses by now. To forgive is to assure an offender that all punitive measures that would have been meted out on the offender are no longer required as his offence has become insignificant. In other words, no more consequences.

6) That is understandable only on the grounds that you have refused to forgive (which is my point anyway)

7) see 5.

9) It is either you forgive ENTIRELY and disregard all the hurt that the missus has caused or you do NOT forgive and kick her out. The term "forgive" cannot be bent to suit situations. Forgiveness means a renewal and revival of trust that was once lost. So if you think you have forgiven her, you MUST be able to live with her as the message you would be sending to her by saying "I forgive you" is "my trust for you has not abated". What difference does it make if her escapades outside marriage bore a child or not? The crux of the matter is that she cheated so you should not base your forgiveness on if there was a child produced rather the willingness to forgive should stem from your wish to ignore the fact that she once cheated and MOVE ON!

Note: I am not saying you would be wrong to divorce her, my point of argument is that if you do so, it means you DID NOT forgive her. You cannot say "I have forgiven you" and still kick the missus out.
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Killz3(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2012
ronkebp:

it does not matter, what if it was him that impregnated the wife's friend
In that case, it's up to her to forgive him or not. It's her choice. . .
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Killz3(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
naijasexy:

What you have done in this case cannot be described as forgiveness.
1) There is no dispute about that.

2) If that had always strictly been the case I am pretty sure the world including you, would be out of existence by now.

3)That is a different case entirely and quite different from the one being discussed.

4) If you ask a child to sit and he disobeys, there are other ways to correct him other than spanking and trust me, he would still feel the brunt regardless.

5) I believe you are a christian. If that was how God ran this world, we would all be carcasses by now. To forgive is to assure an offender that all punitive measures that would have been meted out on the offender are no longer required as his offence has become insignificant. In other words, no more consequences.

6) That is understandable only on the grounds that you have refused to forgive (which is my point anyway)

7) see 5.

9) It is either you forgive ENTIRELY and disregard all the hurt that the missus has caused or you do NOT forgive and kick her out. The term "forgive" cannot be bent to suit situations. Forgiveness means a renewal and revival of trust that was once lost. So if you think you have forgiven her, you MUST be able to live with her as the message you would be sending to her by saying "I forgive you" is "my trust for you has not abated". What difference does it make if her escapades outside marriage bore a child or not? The crux of the matter is that she cheated so you should not base your forgiveness on if there was a child produced rather the willingness to forgive should stem from your wish to ignore the fact that she once cheated and MOVE ON!

Note: I am not saying you would be wrong to divorce her, my point of argument is that if you do so, it means you DID NOT forgive her. You cannot say "I have forgiven you" and still kick the missus out.
When God forgives, does he remove the consequence of your disobedience?
The wages sin pays is death. Does that mean God does not forgive sins? He forgives your sin, but the consequence of that sinning is death, so we all die.
I forgive her freely but we cannot continue the marriage. In the bible, adultery is the only legal grounds for divorce. . .
Would you rather i divorce here without forgiving her? Anyone is fine by me. i just choose to forgive her. . . wink
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

When God forgives, does he remove the consequence of your disobedience?
The wages sin pays is death. Does that mean God does not forgive sins? He forgives your sin, but the consequence of that sinning is death, so we all die.
I forgive her freely but we cannot continue the marriage. In the bible, adultery is the only legal grounds for divorce. . .
Would you rather i divorce here without forgiving her? Anyone is fine by me. i just choose to forgive her. . . wink

Bros killz grin,
I am 85% sure that you are taking the emboldened out of context but I am not a bible scholar so I do not intend to push this. However, I would like to state that though we all know that the wages of sin is death and death is inevitable that has not made us to give up on sin. Essentially, when God forgives, he does so wholly and strikes off consequences that is why he rewards us (as opposed to condemn us) by giving us heaven (or paradise as Witnesses would call it).
The situation you are trying to portray with this "I'll forgive her but still kick her out" is analogous to one in which a judge has found a criminal not-guilty(by virtue of forgiveness in your case) but still throws the criminal into jail (divorcing her).
Biko killz, I still maintain that is not forgiveness oo. smiley
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
We really do not need to argue this any further. Was just trying to point out to you that your mode of action cannot in anyway be termed "forgiveness".
Peace, my intelligent brother. smiley
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Killz3(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
naijasexy: We really do not need to argue this any further. Was just trying to point out to you that your mode of action cannot in anyway be termed "forgiveness".
Peace, my intelligent brother. smiley
You are right. When God forgives he strikes off the consequences. . . But you still die! Then he raises you later as a result of striking off the consequence. wink
A woman who is convicted of cheating + carry another man's baby is guilty. Who told you she is not? grin Let's just say she's guilty, i throw her in Jail without hard labour, by forgiving her. . . cheesy cheesy

Peace, even though i know you will still reply! grin
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2012
^^ lol, *he said I'll reply and here I am confirming his words embarassed *
Okay sir, I have heard you. She is GUILTY and should be thrown into JAIL.
Do you ever give up??! Pheew!lol
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Killz3(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
naijasexy: ^^ lol, *he said I'll reply and here I am confirming his words *
Okay sir, I have heard you. She is GUILTY and should be thrown into JAIL.
Do you ever give up??! Pheew!lol
grin grin grin
Yes i'll throw her in jail, but that's just me. . . Others may forgive, keep her and train the baby to be theirs, even though they are both fair skinned and the baby is dark skinned. . . wink

I salute men like that o. . . It isn't easy! cheesy They may just say the baby was adopted.
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

grin grin grin
Yes i'll throw her in jail, but that's just me. . . Others may forgive, keep her and train the baby to be theirs, even though they are both fair skinned and the baby is dark skinned. . . wink

I salute men like that o. . . It isn't easy! cheesy They may just say the baby was adopted.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are something else, I swaaaaar! cheesy
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Tiana155(f): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2012
All dis ones una dey talk na story. @op, i think there is more story to this that you have not said. I cant fathom such situation. Your friend better end the marriage.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
Tell your friend to send the hopeless useless woman back to her father and warn her family never to even try bringing up the matter with him.
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by coderXO(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
Let me tell you a secret: There forever is redemption with Jesus.

Not an easy one, but the husband can forgive her.

It is a test of true love.
Re: Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? by chukham(m): 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2012
The man almost stabbed her bt thank God we intervened. As of nw d gul has left d house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs A Married Woman Coworker Is Sexually Attracted To You / 3 Signs Ure Dating A Weak Gal Dat Can Easily Cheat On U... / Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.