Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32901 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2012
dabrake: @Good Girl, I had to check if you were the originator of this thread. I do not get it. Are you seeking our opinions or you are just trying to defend why it is wrong for a woman to kneel down to beg her bf/hubby?

Yes Dabrake, I am the original OP and I created this thread stating my stand on the issue. In other words I already have my opinion concerning the whole thing.
Good Girl: Hi all!
There's this one thing that really disturbs me any time I watch Nollywood home videos; and that is the element of girlfriends/wives going down on their knees to beg their boyfriends/husbands not to walk away from them.
As you can see, I've already stated that I find it a distasteful habit.

dabrake:
If you knew the answer, why ask us?
Actually Dabrake, I just had to bring it on the forum because I've raised this issue before in some other thread, but a forumite sternly warned me against believing everything I watch on TV and denied the commonality of such a "vice" in Nigeria. However, after seeing the same thing over and over again in the Nollywood movies, I started to believe that going down on one's knees to plead with a man who wants to call it quits is an accepted phenomenon in Nigeria. For the men on here who say that they can go down on their knees to beg their ladies, you've just revealed a new thing to me because surprisingly, I don't get to see that side of Nigerian men in your movies.

That aside, since I didn't want to place myself in a position where somebody else would tell me not to believe everything I watch on TV, I decided to pose questions to the very same people living in that society. . . .
Good Girl:
Now, just to understand a few things about whether this actually happens in real-life, can somebody just give me answers to the following questions;
1. Have you ever gone down on your knees to plead with a guy not to leave you? (For the sake of this thread, you don't need to use your usual id if you'll not be comfortable sharing your story using your well-known id);
2. Have you ever witnessed this kind of scenario with anyone you know? (Relative or friend);
3. What value is attached to a woman who has a boyfriend/husband vis-a-vie one who doesn't have one? The thought of being without a lover seems unpalatable in the Nigerian society (I could be wrong though).

So far, few have directly given me answers to the 3 questions, but many more have raised their opinions concerning the matter which is fine because opinions/reactions reveal a lot anyway.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
Alright. Like I posted earlier, it's no big deal. I can also do same.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nayah(f): 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
ifihearam: @nayah and good girl

Make una dey form dere,when the time reach we go know!!
Most babes here condemning kneeling to a man when he threatens to leave are just pretendong,they are usually the first to cr and kneel because men are scarrce commodoties now oo,the minute you show your pride be ready to fight for that your position becos there are countless number of girl waiting to step into ur enviable pposition.

Have you gilrs ever consisdered what it means for a man to put you in a first positionif kneeling would make your relationship survive pls do it because every man wants to be the head of his relationship and it gives him pride that his babe or wife is submissive to his government.

Well brother logically she should'nt have to put in such a position if the guy really loves her sorry
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
Good Girl:

Thank you!
you are welcome.
At least someone gets the point! smiley
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 5:53am On Mar 22, 2012
Okay it is official! Scraped knees is imperative in keeping your man! lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by lastpage: 7:01am On Mar 22, 2012
@Goodgirl:
I have said inter-alia that "there is nothing that kneeling and begging will achieve, if the guy has made up his mind to call it quits". abi u no dey read persin contribution before you begin yarn?

Having said that, even at times, my Mum use to say to me back then, "Call a Mad-man, the "Groom" ("oko-Iyawo"wink, so he would allow you have peace of mind" grin
She also use to say "it would cost you nothing to call "the Cow", "a Brother", if you're desperate for its meat"! shocked grin

Finally, one of her Cliches which stuck to my brain (and my kids will easily reel-it-off as well) is that "You need to drive the Fox away first, before coming back to admonish the chick, for venturing outside".

If you're good with proverbs and Cliche (l know it could be a challenge for 21st century pikins, no bile at all wink ), the summary is that even if you have to kneel and beg anyone, for anything, it is a "transitory position" and takes just a minute to do but at the end, YOU WILL HAVE ACHIEVED YOUR GOAL, whatever it was!
The "end", they say, justifies the "means"!

"General" Dipo DIYA begged and cried before Abacha, Today, he is ALIVE and kicking, whereas others involved in the phantom coup(no disrespect to them) are dead and buried!.
Is Diya still crying and begging right now? Nope! wink grin

"Your ATTITUDE" they say, will determine "Your ALTITUDE" in life (marriage inclusive!).

"Wisdom, they say, cannot be found in the lap of fools" (Book of Proverbs).
We need to apply "wisdom", even in dealing with our spouses, especially our egoistic, Nigerian male spouses, like myself! grin grin

Cheers.

Lastpage!

BTW: Idowuogbo, l've always respected your positions on marital issues (and moral issues in general), you are very matured in "thoughts", l would say. Why u dey call me Pastor sef? Mind ya sef o or you wan make l start church for Olodi-Apapa area? Okay, l see, na yabbis you dey yab me abi?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by queensmith: 12:52am On Mar 27, 2012
Sagamite:

Haba, A-whaley-mama, why the insults?

I was just being nice so you do not regret a stewpid action in future.

If you get a man that can cope with your monstrous blubber, don't dare let him go. They are more rare than a Brown Spider Monkey.

There is hope for you sha. Maybe you can snatch her man: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2117319/Mothers-bid-fattest-human-115-stone---shes-marrying-chef-help-her.html

grin grin grin grin grin
Fagamite quit trying to hog all my attention ,i have told you to go and visit the nearest crack dealer for further solutions to your many many problems. I also hear manor park is a good spot for some serious rough housing. You can let the hobos play with your backside. I cannot help your case.
I sympathise with you sha, its not easy being gay with soo many beautiful smart women around. Kpele. Try your best to stop being such a nuiscance sha, we cannot tolerate your iranu any longer!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Tintino(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
4teelaw: Tufiakwa!

na mouth u get.......For wetin.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 1:40am On Apr 26, 2012
I wish a mofo would ask me to beg for a dick to stay. Shidddddd!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nayah(f): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2012
Mrs CHIMA I need your help please tell me when you're here...
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by LaParisienne(f): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I wish a mofo would ask me to beg for a dick to stay. Shidddddd!
Dayum grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by scribble: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2012
I have gone on my knees to beg d woman I love cause I was grossly at fault. I aint to proud to beg.

All d women here forming, get on their knees for other worthwhile reasons. So I see not why they r protesting.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2012
scribble: I have gone on my knees to beg d woman I love cause I was grossly at fault. I aint to proud to beg.

All d women here forming, get on their knees for other worthwhile reasons. So I see not why they r protesting.
U dey mind dem! Dier begging go pass Oliver twist own sef.

Liars!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Hoyeenz(f): 11:58am On Apr 26, 2012
God 4bid! Y wl I do dt?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hoyeenz: God 4bid! Y wl I do dt?
Even you?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hoyeenz: God 4bid! Y wl I do dt?
Wetin do u? Mrs pride abi na proud de ni, stop including God wen u doing d opposite of wot he laid down.Women are meant to b submissive, but in ur case u wan form warrior abi? Hmmmmm..... If God vex slap u, na ur fault o!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Hoyeenz(f): 5:36pm On May 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Wetin do u? Mrs pride abi na proud de ni, stop including God wen u doing d opposite of wot he laid down.Women are meant to b submissive, but in ur case u wan form warrior abi? Hmmmmm..... If God vex slap u, na ur fault o!
how wl he do dt? If hez my husband , I cn bt my bf? No, cz it means hez nt meant 4me.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by victorian(f): 7:00pm On May 04, 2012
Heaven FORBID! angry.... hell no!!!!!.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 7:12pm On May 04, 2012
Nayah: Mrs CHIMA I need your help please tell me when you're here...

I am here. kiss
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 7:13pm On May 04, 2012
Some of you dumb biatches are still begging a man to stay with you?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Hoyeenz(f): 7:22pm On May 04, 2012
~Killz~:

Even you?
wat z even me?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cowgurl: 8:57pm On May 04, 2012
@Topic, NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2012
cowgurl: @Topic, NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS.
o_O
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cowgurl: 10:16pm On May 04, 2012
~Killz~:

o_O
Damn! R dos ur 2 eyes poppin? One of 'em is bigger. Yes, I CAN'T do dat sh[b]i[/b]t n I hate it wen a guy does dat as well cept e wants 2 propose.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 04, 2012
cowgurl: Damn! R dos ur 2 eyes poppin? One of 'em is bigger. Yes, I CAN'T do dat sh[b]i[/b]t n I hate it wen a guy does dat as well cept e wants 2 propose.

On your knees wench! grin BEG for my forgiveness!! angry angry angry

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmNSPJ6O36a_2nkl1N3ocpoujoOsrxMm9tOpk46_p0jmFj347s6p2TGtg[/img]
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cowgurl: 11:00pm On May 04, 2012
2buff:

On your knees wench! grin BEG for my forgiveness!! angry angry angry

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmNSPJ6O36a_2nkl1N3ocpoujoOsrxMm9tOpk46_p0jmFj347s6p2TGtg[/img]
Different strokes 4 different folks mister, so quit it!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cowgurl: 7:50pm On May 05, 2012
Now see who 'v got on his knees beggin 4 my forgiveness grin mak sure der is no recurrence of dis buff buff, u can now rise.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 05, 2012
slimyem: never begged anyone on my knees and i dont think i will EVER!
What's the use of begging someone to stay when he really doesnt want to?
As long as being single/alone is not a crime,he can kiss my arse!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 05, 2012
mikron: @ op na lie. Na u want to do the begging. You are just trying to get our views if the larger society frowns down on such behaviour before going ahead to do the begging ministry. Halleluyah. Dear girl you can go ahead and beg if you are @ fault.
You don't have to contribute to the topic if you have nothing to say.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 05, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
They've got no choice. They become "outcasts" when unmarried. tongue tongue
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 12:04am On May 06, 2012
Good Girl:
They've got no choice. They become "outcasts" when unmarried. tongue tongue

Hmm.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by solomon111(m): 1:32am On May 06, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
And what is wrong in begging a man you love to stay with you,when it could also be the man doing the begging, or are you just trying to enforce on us your strange, unafrican(or should i say western) marital ideologies which i have seen in a lot of your posts,which without a shadow of doubt has been largely responsible for the staggering rate of divorce and all kinds of marital dysfunctionalities, from where you come from.
This is africa,and we have our culture,our traditions,and it has been working for us for generations.
I really pity any delusional african woman here, who takes your ideologies, hook,line and sinker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Young Man Cries A River After Being Dumped By Girlfriend (VIDEO) / Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met On Facebook: "It All Started With Hello & Hi" / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.