Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32908 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2012
BABE!:

Why must he not? You slept with his friend; it's only normal for him to threaten to leave.
if you read my earlier posts,you'd see i mentioned its excusable if the issue bothers around infidelity!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by aboyaji(m): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2012
It depends on who owns the house. If a lady happens to own the house, there is not gonna be any reason for her to kneel before his man to talk of begging him not to leave. But since the house belongs to the man, she can do the kneelling and begging. If you can't , GO HOME IS YOUR NAME.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cynthiafred67(f): 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2012
Lie lie i no fit! na charm? i see no reason why i need to kneel down and beg someone that has already made up his mind to leave. undecided
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
cynthiafred67: Lie lie i no fit! na charm? undecided
undecided undecided undecided angry
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 12:07am On Mar 21, 2012
cynthiafred67: Lie lie i no fit! na charm? i see no reason why i need to kneel down and beg someone that has already made up his mind to leave. undecided
And what if you were at fault? People brag a lot, especially when such scenario have never played itself in their lives. Except you do not love him, . . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by queensmith: 12:57am On Mar 21, 2012
Sagamite:

In your wildest dreams. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is no fish for YOU in the see, if you catch a shrimp, keep hold of it tightly and don't let it go as you no go fit replace am. grin

I am laughing HARD at your delusion. grin grin grin grin grin If there is a woman that needs to beg even when haven't done anything wrong, it is you. grin

Even if you were the one wronged, get on your freaking knees sharp sharp. You can possibly only have one shot.

"You only get one shot, to make it right" as JLS said. grin grin grin grin grin

You? Fishes in the sea me bleeping arse. grin

Sagafag ,ive told you already i don't do gay dudes. The way you chase me around this forum is something else. I advise you go and see a psycho therapist to deal with your obsession. Or go and smoke some crack to gain comfort. There are many people on this forum i cannot devote time to you alone! hmph!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by lastpage: 4:16am On Mar 21, 2012
Let me relate a "situation" where "kneeling to beg" can change a man's mind, even if it was already made-up and where it did not change naada (just laugh over it and move-on)

1.)This elderly man with grey hairs was driving dangerously by my side and l rolled down and informed him to be careful but he answered with a torrent of insults. He kept on aggressively (the typical Lagos Driver grin ) but l kept my cool, knowing my position is lawful and sound. Eventually, he pulled down my front bumper, broke one head lamp and bruised the paint work as he overtook me dangerously! Even at that, his "shakara" was up to the heavens! Traffic Police came and though it was very obvious, he was told he was in the wrong and has to bear the cost. At the station, I called-in my mechanic for a "cost of repair estimate" (the old man's vehicle no even get comprehensive insurance!). When he saw the Bill, he suddenly fell flat on his face, begging me! he started this story of how he was just hustling to make a living for his family.
I refused to b e moved knowing how recalcitrant he has been and how much l warned him.
But he would not stop holding my feet (with him prostrating in front of all in the Police Station!
At this point, all l could do was look down on him from my standing position.
All of a sudden, something inside me "clicked" and l shook my head and asked him to stand up.
It was like okay, he appears wretched and what would l do to him now? The Police were willing to seize his vehicle until he could come-up with the money (about 45K plus labor). A lot was going thru my mind and eventually, l succumbed to the "kneeling and begging" even though l was very furious initially.

What l am pointing out here is that YES, some act of sincere remorse like"kneeling and begging when you're wrong, can actually melt a spouse heart in a situation where your mind was already made-up, after-all, no one is perfect. You will forgive and eventually with time, you will overcome the grief (assuming the other party is sincere/ honestly remorseful and not "just scheming" ) after which, with time, you will "forget" the incident.

To the other part of the question: Any one (man/woman) who is hell-bent on leaving, will leave, no mater the amount of rolling on the floor. The difference between this "state" and the first is that, in the first, your decision to leave was based on "anger for what the other party did" and as such, "kind words and sincere remorse" is the "antidote" you are actually expecting. It is adequate.

The second state is such that you have actually "considered" your decision and how the other party will respond (begging) and you have actually zeroed your mind that you will "block your mind and spirit" to its effect (to calm you down) because your "initial goal" was to leave, what happened was just an excuse to actualize your intention in a "justifiable manner". But the begging party does not know your actual intention!

In final analysis, if you wrong your spouse, (of it they claim so), be humble for the sake of the relationship, the past good times, the kids if any, and the future; beg seriously, if need be, kneel/prostrate (depending on the severity of the offense) just to bring things back to normalcy. (I have seen where wife was begging husband for a serious offense and husband burst into tears, begging wife also.....and they lived happily thereafter again! kiss grin )...asked later why he was crying at that moment when he was supposed to be "blowing hot", he said "he realized that his marriage was just "seconds away from crashing beyond repair" and that he appreciated what his wife did to save the marriage at that moment

Whether they accept the plea or not, is their prerogative, their choice! But l know that "Love overcomes all mistakes".
Except if the love is dead ab-initio

Lastpage!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:21am On Mar 21, 2012
Boneypako and co u don hia wetin Pastor last page talk?

Hmmm....... U berra stop forming Charlie's angels.

@pastor last page

God bless u!

I have tried to preach it to my sisters o, but like dey say, a word is enough for the wise ones.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 21, 2012
odiaero:

The question was not meant for single ladies, who will be that unfortunate to be begged by willy willy with yam legs, the person do rather beg u to stop appearing in his life

You need to seriously get a life and stop following me up and down. Hating me ain't gonna add anything to your life LOL.

Learn from me, and ignore me like I don't exist LOL.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by mikron(m): 7:49am On Mar 21, 2012
@ op na lie. Na u want to do the begging. You are just trying to get our views if the larger society frowns down on such behaviour before going ahead to do the begging ministry. Halleluyah. Dear girl you can go ahead and beg if you are @ fault.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 7:55am On Mar 21, 2012
aboyaji: It depends on who owns the house. If a lady happens to own the house, there is not gonna be any reason for her to kneel before his man to talk of begging him not to leave. But since the house belongs to the man, she can do the kneelling and begging. If you can't , GO HOME IS YOUR NAME.
a very daft reply

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2012
mikron: @ op na lie. Na u want to do the begging. You are just trying to get our views if the larger society frowns down on such behaviour before going ahead to do the begging ministry. Halleluyah. Dear girl you can go ahead and beg if you are @ fault.

U sharp die!!! Me sef dey tink am say na advice she want b4 she go beg.

Ur brain no b fairly use, if u no no,Badosky dey assure u.

2gbAski mehn!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 8:03am On Mar 21, 2012
lastpage: Let me relate a "situation" where "kneeling to beg" can change a man's mind, even if it was already made-up and where it did not change naada (just laugh over it and move-on)

1.)This elderly man with grey hairs was driving dangerously by my side and l rolled down and informed him to be careful but he answered with a torrent of insults. He kept on aggressively (the typical Lagos Driver grin ) but l kept my cool, knowing my position is lawful and sound. Eventually, he pulled down my front bumper, broke one head lamp and bruised the paint work as he overtook me dangerously! Even at that, his "shakara" was up to the heavens! Traffic Police came and though it was very obvious, he was told he was in the wrong and has to bear the cost. At the station, I called-in my mechanic for a "cost of repair estimate" (the old man's vehicle no even get comprehensive insurance!). When he saw the Bill, he suddenly fell flat on his face, begging me! he started this story of how he was just hustling to make a living for his family.
I refused to b e moved knowing how recalcitrant he has been and how much l warned him.
But he would not stop holding my feet (with him prostrating in front of all in the Police Station!
At this point, all l could do was look down on him from my standing position.
All of a sudden, something inside me "clicked" and l shook my head and asked him to stand up.
It was like okay, he appears wretched and what would l do to him now? The Police were willing to seize his vehicle until he could come-up with the money (about 45K plus labor). A lot was going thru my mind and eventually, l succumbed to the "kneeling and begging" even though l was very furious initially.

What l am pointing out here is that YES, some act of sincere remorse like"kneeling and begging when you're wrong, can actually melt a spouse heart in a situation where your mind was already made-up, after-all, no one is perfect. You will forgive and eventually with time, you will overcome the grief (assuming the other party is sincere/ honestly remorseful and not "just scheming" ) after which, with time, you will "forget" the incident.

To the other part of the question: Any one (man/woman) who is hell-bent on leaving, will leave, no mater the amount of rolling on the floor. The difference between this "state" and the first is that, in the first, your decision to leave was based on "anger for what the other party did" and as such, "kind words and sincere remorse" is the "antidote" you are actually expecting. It is adequate.

The second state is such that you have actually "considered" your decision and how the other party will respond (begging) and you have actually zeroed your mind that you will "block your mind and spirit" to its effect (to calm you down) because your "initial goal" was to leave, what happened was just an excuse to actualize your intention in a "justifiable manner". But the begging party does not know your actual intention!

In final analysis, if you wrong your spouse, (of it they claim so), be humble for the sake of the relationship, the past good times, the kids if any, and the future; beg seriously, if need be, kneel/prostrate (depending on the severity of the offense) just to bring things back to normalcy. (I have seen where wife was begging husband for a serious offense and husband burst into tears, begging wife also.....and they lived happily thereafter again! kiss grin )...asked later why he was crying at that moment when he was supposed to be "blowing hot", he said "he realized that his marriage was just "seconds away from crashing beyond repair" and that he appreciated what his wife did to save the marriage at that moment

Whether they accept the plea or not, is their prerogative, their choice! But l know that "Love overcomes all mistakes".
Except if the love is dead ab-initio

Lastpage!
God bless you jooh. Wetin people dey suffer dey find, e go easy for you like sey you dey inhale air. Something wey go take person 1yr to get, you go get am just at the snap of your fingers.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2012
dasparrow: Most of the respondents have not even answered the questions posted. Some people are even preaching submissiveness crap. This is not the 16th century folks. Love your wives like Christ loves the church, adequately provide for your families, stop sleeping about and committing adultary and passing STDs to your wives and you will solve the issue of 'submissiveness.'

@OP
I don't have much to say other than, what you see in Nollywood movies is a replica of what really happens in Nigeria. Nigerian society is a chuvinist one and gender/ethinic/religious discrimination is the order of the day. The Nigerian society puts alot of pressure on women to be in a relationship even if it will lead to their untimely death due to rampant cases of domestic violence where the perpetrators get away with their heidous act. The men are viewed as demi gods and get away with treating their women like crap. The women have been brain washed beyond redemption that they don't even know their rights, and allow themselves to be treated like slaves by the men in their lives who are suppose to shower them with love and affection. So that is why you see them (women) crawling on all fours like a turtle all in the name of beging like that is going to make any difference to a man who has already made up his mind to leave. I will not advise any of my female family members to go on their knees all in the name of beging. Human beings are not God. We are like the morning dew, here today and possibly gone tomorrow. If anyone wants to go on their knees and beg, let it be for and to God and not a mere mortal.

God bless you! Am actually not talking about being submissive and all that shebang. I just want to know why some women must PLEAD with the men who want to leave them, rather than just walking out of the relationship with dignity. Pleading isn't necessarily an act of being submissive. I believe a woman can submit to a man without losing her dignity.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2012
Good Girl:

God bless you! Am actually not talking about being submissive and all that shebang. I just want to know why some women must PLEAD with the men who want to leave them, other than just walking out of the relationship with dignity. Pleading isn't necessarily an act of submitting. I believe a woman can submit to a man without losing her dignity.
what chu saying? I hope you will never eat your words.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 21, 2012
~Killz~:
Tut! Tut!! Tut!!!
Too many egotistic liars on this thread. . . Kneeling is part of Nigerian Culture. You kneel when you are about to get married. You kneel when you greet elderly ones, then you expect to hop, swagger walk, stand and fold your arms while begging? Smh!
Kneeling is part of many cultures around Africa. However, that is not my point Killz. Am not talking about weddings and serving food to your husband et al, no, rather am addressing the issue of desperately pleading with a man not to leave you, especially for somebody else.

~Killz~:
Tut! Tut!! Tut!!!
A woman who kneels is not a coward neither is she a fool. She's only showing remorse over what she must have done to the man to warrant him leaving. The offence must have been very grave for her to go down on her knees. It's just a sign of respect. if she wasn't wrong, why beg to the extent of kneeling? Let's be factual here please. . .
Ironically, in the cases am talking about it's normally the woman who has been wronged. In many cases, she just a loyal, faithful woman who has a womanizing jerk for a husband/boyfriend and when he decides that it's about time he left her for greener pastures, the poor lady will wail as if she's been bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by runsaway: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Y not? I will if i have to.

When i was doing traditional marriage i was happy to kneel for no good reason except tradition. So y cant i kneel and beg if i am in the wrong and it will help my apology go down easier or if it is going to save my marriage?

Women wake up, e no dey commot hair for body
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2012
chucky234: I don't know why ladies out here keep lying pretending to be hardy while they break down in tears at the least beaf with their BF or hubby.
They come out here and say hmm I can't beg him,why kneels down,he should go bla bla bla
I know so many of them who cried, kneeled, even gather their entire families and friends to beg the BF/hubby to stop him from leaving.
Why come here with your pride to lie on here,you can never be truthful for once,na wa
I know some who walked out with dignity.

Nonetheless, you've answered my question - so THERE ARE ladies you know who cried, knelt and gathered their entire families and friends to beg the BF/hubby to stop him from leaving.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2012
slimyem: For all here crying foul and singing hypocrisy,i'll take it that you still dont get the crux of this matter which is-[size=30pt]WHY BEG sOMEONE WHO DOESNT WANT TO STAY?[/size]
ugh! angry angry

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2012
ifihearam:
Some women even still kneels when the husband offends them sef.

This is in fact what I find offensive.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2012
lastpage:
All these "modern-day women" that do "shakara" all over the place, please don't beg your man when you wrong him, your replacement is already waiting at the door!

When will folks on here get it? It's not about the ladies who've wronged their men. This is a situation where the man HAS ALREADY MADE UP HIS MIND TO LEAVE HER. He's bored of the relationship and wants out! Am not talking about apologies and stuff like that!
The issue is, the relationship HAS COME TO AN END, no going back (especially from the man's side). Now, these women have 2 options;
Option 1 - To go down on your knees to beg and beg and beg for him to change his mind (which he never does);
Option 2 - To look at him in his eyes, wish him well (if you have to), walk out the door with your head up, go and cry your eyes dry if you have to, then move on with your life (especially if you know that you tried your best to make things work out).

Why are you trying to paint option 2 as an option for "proud" women who're spoilt? And what has accepting your fate gracefully got to do with modernity?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nayah(f): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2012
Hi Good girl wink
Yes in this case I think we should be realistic and just quite without any attempt if someone likes or loves you there's no need to do such things
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2012
@Good Girl, you could have just saved everybody the stress. Your last page posts do leave a sour taste in the mouth.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2012
Nayah: Hi Good girl wink
Yes in this case I think we should be realistic and just quit without any attempt if someone likes or loves you there's no need to do such things

Hello Nayah!
Yeah, I really wish some women could learn how to walk out of a relationship without having to look silly. If the man has decided he doesn't want her anymore, what is the worst that could happen if she just accepted her fate and moved on?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ifihearam: 10:24am On Mar 21, 2012
@nayah and good girl

Make una dey form dere,when the time reach we go know!!
Most babes here condemning kneeling to a man when he threatens to leave are just pretendong,they are usually the first to cr and kneel because men are scarrce commodoties now oo,the minute you show your pride be ready to fight for that your position becos there are countless number of girl waiting to step into ur enviable pposition.

Have you gilrs ever consisdered what it means for a man to put you in a first positionif kneeling would make your relationship survive pls do it because every man wants to be the head of his relationship and it gives him pride that his babe or wife is submissive to his government.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ajos(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2012
dis is super story.i hav experience such.it hapens only wen u r a gud player.MEN r always superior,she nid 2 humble herself mek u understand her wella
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by nwanioma(f): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2012
I don't think kneeling would make any difference, people know when you are sincerely sorry and the extra drama of kneeling is just what it is, drama. Besides if i have done some thing so terrible that i would think of kneeling, kneeling probably wouldn't save my ass! So i'll just suck it up and live with the consequences of my actions!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 21, 2012
ifihearam:
@nayah and good girl

Make una dey form dere, when the time reach we go know!!
Most babes here condemning kneeling to a man when he threatens to leave are just pretending, they are usually the first to cry and kneel because men are scarce commodoties now oo, the minute you show your pride be ready to fight for that your position becos there are countless number of girl waiting to step into your enviable position.

Most of them try to hold onto that relationship, not because men are scarce but because these women imagine that they'll never meet another man, which is untrue. Just because one man isn't interested in a woman doesn't mean she can't meet someone else. This fallacy, I suspect could be what makes them beg and beg.

If a man wants to leave, he will leave. Whether men are scarce or plenty in the sea is not the issue here. If the man doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore, NOTHING will change that. You can pull your tongue or your hair out all you want, but HE WILL STILL GO if he wasn't meant to be with you. Pleading with him and kneeling WILL NOT do anything other than worsen the break-up and make the woman look stu[i]p[/i]id, extremely desperate (translation-unattractive), and the worst bit is that HE WILL STILL LEAVE.

Of what good is begging and going down on your knees if he'll leave anyway?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2012
fresh_dude: @Good Girl, you could have just saved everybody the stress. Your last page posts do leave a sour taste in the mouth.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2012
ajos: dis is super story.i hav experience such.it hapens only wen u r a gud player.MEN r always superior,she nid 2 humble herself mek u understand her wella

If the only way you can affirm your "superiority" is by having someone kneel down to plead her case, then maybe you're not as "superior" as you think. undecided
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dabrake(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
@goodGirl, i had to check if you were the originator of this thread. I do not get it. Are you seeking our opinions or you are just trying to defend why it is wrong for a woman to kneel down to beg her bf/hubby? If you knew the answer, why ask us? @topic, I can kneel down to beg her even if I ain't at fault. 2 wrongs will never make a right. At least, let it be in the records that I, to my very best, tried not to let her leave despite her being rigid. At least, kneeling down to beg her is no recipe for lassa fever

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Sagamite(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
queensmith:
Sagafag ,ive told you already i don't do gay dudes. The way you chase me around this forum is something else. I advise you go and see a psycho therapist to deal with your obsession. Or go and smoke some crack to gain comfort. There are many people on this forum i cannot devote time to you alone! hmph!

Haba, A-whaley-mama, why the insults?

I was just being nice so you do not regret a stewpid action in future.

If you get a man that can cope with your monstrous blubber, don't dare let him go. They are more rare than a Brown Spider Monkey.

There is hope for you sha. Maybe you can snatch her man: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2117319/Mothers-bid-fattest-human-115-stone---shes-marrying-chef-help-her.html

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That / Likely Ways To Know If A Woman Is Cheating / Man Shares Heartbreaking Experience With Girlfriend Of 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.