Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? (183152 Views)

Why Are They So Many White People In Accra? / Why Are White People Claiming Africa ? / South Africa Is Racist Towards White People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (162) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by smokie(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2012
khukhi:

Dood you are so wrong. Everyone including non South africans in that country will tell you that "South Africa is alive with possibilities!" . We are going forward and hating on the country is exhausting all your energies that you could be placing towards making a huge difference in your own country.

I'm sure the political arena could do with someone who has as much charisma as you to make the change in your oil rich country.

Indeed, hating on South Africa will not make Nigeria any better. South Africa might not be perfect but I'm yet to meet any poor South African queuing up at the Nigerian High Commissioner to apply for a visa.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by TerryCarr(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2012
south Africa would not exist without whites sad it would be the Zulus, Xhosa, and everybody else having their own nation smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by TerryCarr(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2012
Arosa:
At best they would be like Zimbabwe.
that's a stormfront statement sad
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 7:16am On May 24, 2012
khukhi:

Dood you are so wrong. Everyone including non South africans in that country will tell you that "South Africa is alive with possibilities!" . We are going forward and hating on the country is exhausting all your energies that you could be placing towards making a huge difference in your own country.

I'm sure the political arena could do with someone who has as much charisma as you to make the change in your oil rich country.
Dude, buzz offfffffffffff!!! It is right for South Africans to say ills of Nigeria and not the other way round. Please, spare me the advice!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by smokie(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2012
all4naija: Dude, buzz offfffffffffff!!! It is right for South Africans to say ills of Nigeria and not the other way round. Please, spare me the advice!

But Nigeria has bombs going off in its major cities, kidnappers around every turn, areaboys and some of the most corrupt politicians on the African continent. Like I said before, SA is no picture of perfection but Nigeria makes it seem like heaven on earth.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nsikelelo(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
olayinka1987:

Inferiority complex? How? I asked an honest question. Where would South Africa be without Whites? South Africans were chest beating in the other thread, why now can't they answer this question? Oh, that's right, because they know the truth.
my friend,S.A would have been far better of without whites,what you don't understand is that whites brought poverty and inferiority amongst native South Africans,they gave S.A a huge scare that will take a long time to heal,South Africans were already Educated by the british just like Nigeria,but when apartheid began the white man tried to degrade the standard of native education to make themselves look like our providers,long are those days gone,concentrate on building Nigeria and not praising whites for what they did to us South Africans cause they simply killed the abound spirit we had
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:36am On Feb 20, 2013
olayinka1987: I can't believe the nerve of these black South Africans mouthing off about Nigeria. Don't these idiots know that they wouldn't be anywhere without the oyinbo in their country? Have they forgotten how Nigeria supported them when they couldn't even do a thing in their own country because they allowed the oyinbo to bully them? Is it a good thing for black South Africans too become chest beaters even though they haven't done anything in their own country? I feel like South Africa would be poorer than Somalia and Ethiopia if it wasn't for the Whites there.

What do you think?

i see jealous here the whites left nigeria before they developed it to a level you admire

the same we would say about america where would they be without slaves and the chinese

the same with the british where would they me without jamaicans

where would be the british empire with its colonies

where would be the france without its colonies
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by tpia5: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
north and significant parts of southern africa are white.

in between is black.

these things arent black and white like people make them out to be.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by morpheus24: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^^
They are there basically because of weather. Countries close or on the equator are harsh for people who evolved in areas with low sunlight.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
morpheus24: ^^^
They are there basically because of weather. Countries close or on the equator are harsh for people who evolved in areas with low sunlight.

even blacks downs south are lighter.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by panafrican(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Where would the United states be without immigrants from all over the world? Check silicum valley, Faculties at University level, US army, Nasa etc.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by morpheus24: 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
andrewza:

even blacks downs south are lighter.

Khoisan blood and undercover miscegenating from early settlers not Bantu blood!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2013
morpheus24:

Khoisan blood and undercover miscegenating from early settlers not Bantu blood!

The Bantu came down from the north so have only been at most a 1000years in all of southern africa. And less for south africa.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by morpheus24: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
andrewza:

The Bantu came down from the north so have only been at most a 1000years in all of southern africa. And less for south africa.
[quote author=andrewza]

I serious doubt that 1000 years, could have been much longer than that. That's the usually story that is told to claim South Africa as an unoccupied landscape before White settlers hit the coastal areas and started expanding inland.

The only known group to be the latest comers wiith their expansionism are the Zulu, everybody else pretty much may have been around for quite sometime.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
I never siad there was no one here. Just they where not bantu. Nore did I say the whites where here before the bantu
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
South Africa's political environment and economy was shaped by britain way before the afrikaner population started the Anglo-boer war which eventually led to the establishment
of SA as a sovereign Union state named the Union of South africa, in 1910. This also led to the creation of the ANC Africa's oldest liberation and political movement in 1912.

Subsequently this led to the 1913 "Native Land Act" which drove the majority of blacks, "coloreds" and indians(who were mostly freed slaves then) of there land. SA in 1910 was richer then most western nations due to newly found mineral wealth in Kimberley and Gauteng "joburg" respectively.

So the question of where SA would've been without "whites" is neither here or there, because all races the world over played a role in development of almost every society on the planet and the notion of "exclusive white" development don't really hold water. I can ask where would europe be without China's innovation of gun powder which eventually gave birth to the gun in europe which also led to the conquering of most of africa's colonization and its subsequent artificial land borders we see today.

This South,West,East,North african envy and dislikes is rather foolish.

There's only one race that can trully claim the lands of south africa from kalihari to Cape Point and that is the Khoi-San which today is mostly the mixed race or coloreds in SA terms. The bantu people of SA migrated to southern africa round about 500 b.c to round 1000 a.d.

The multicultural and racial dynamics of SA had a profound contribution to its development and I really think Nigeria lost out on that front.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
DictatorZAR: South Africa's political environment and economy was shaped by britain way before the afrikaner population started the Anglo-boer war which eventually led to the establishment
of SA as a sovereign Union state named the Union of South africa, in 1910. This also led to the creation of the ANC Africa's oldest liberation and political movement in 1912.

Subsequently this led to the 1913 "Native Land Act" which drove the majority of blacks, "coloreds" and indians(who were mostly freed slaves then) of there land. SA in 1910 was richer then most western nations due to newly found mineral wealth in Kimberley and Gauteng "joburg" respectively.

So the question of where SA would've been without "whites" is neither here or there, because all races the world over played a role in development of almost every society on the planet and the notion of "exclusive white" development don't really hold water. I can ask where would europe be without China's innovation of gun powder which eventually gave birth to the gun in europe which also led to the conquering of most of africa's colonization and its subsequent artificial land borders we see today.

This South,West,East,North african envy and dislikes is rather foolish.

There's only one race that can trully claim the lands of south africa from kalihari to Cape Point and that is the Khoi-San which today is mostly the mixed race or coloreds in SA terms. The bantu people of SA migrated to southern africa round about 500 b.c to round 1000 a.d.

The multicultural and racial dynamics of SA had a profound contribution to its development and I really think Nigeria lost out on that front.

Have you seen that nandos ad it was banded but still on youtube.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
andrewza:

Have you seen that nandos ad it was banded but still on youtube.

Ja, the one abt Mugabegrin
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Ja, the one abt Mugabegrin

They made one about forghners and how they should all leave. In the end there is only a khoi San guy.

And the farmers boerbull.

But the mugaby one was good.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
andrewza: though I respect your right to have your opion I don't respect it. I am a south african and a african and don't need some one from camaroon to agree. Only my fellow south africans who I work with.
keep deluding yourself sooner or later u will go back where u rightly belong. camaroon what a mark of respect
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by andrewza: 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: keep deluding yourself sooner or later u will go back where u rightly belong. camaroon what a mark of respect

Keep talking cameboon
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: the name Cameroun comes from pigs like u. So do whatever u want.it doesn't faze me undecided grin.
Scared to go back in England? Huh?

Can you tell us exactly what your issue with SA is and its people cry
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
morpheus24:
you know cameroonpride, technically White SA's could be Dutch, greek or french hugenot descended and not british, so you should have said "go back to Europe lol!"
yeah u right.. go back to europe grin angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (162)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) / World News! Events Happening Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.